Arlie: development question

I'm curious to why I can never seem to develop players at some positions, namely WR and CB. Taking [URL="http://plaza.ufl.edu/ufmike22/jameswilson.jpg"]James Wilson[/URL] a RS Sr for example. To me, he looks completely developed yet he is a 5/7 on a 10 pt scale. How is he not a 7/7 or 6/6 or whatever he is destined to be? Should I be training his strength and conditioning only once his football skills peak?

[QUOTE=Rockpsl76;160879]Its hard to read that screen shot, but does that say he weighs 102 lbs? If so, I'm surprised he is even 5/7... I would have expected 1/7, I don't think you could even be a kicker at 102 lbs.[/QUOTE] umm, it's pretty clear on my display, he's 182/183 lbs

[QUOTE=HomerSimpson98;161055]Instincts and aggressiveness are pretty low.[/QUOTE] WR don't rely much on either from my understanding (compared to QB and RB for instincts and TE and OL for aggresiveness). Besides, those are the "intangibles" so they can't be developed and therefore should have no bearing on the potential rating.

[QUOTE=Deltoidius;160852]I'm curious to why I can never seem to develop players at some positions, namely WR and CB. Taking [URL="http://plaza.ufl.edu/ufmike22/jameswilson.jpg"]James Wilson[/URL] a RS Sr for example. To me, he looks completely developed yet he is a 5/7 on a 10 pt scale. How is he not a 7/7 or 6/6 or whatever he is destined to be? Should I be training his strength and conditioning only once his football skills peak?[/QUOTE] Deltoidius what are his rushing numbers against poor defenses? Does he struggle against all teams? How good is his coach developing RBs. Could you post some individual game stats.

I'll give it a shot... Since the display is from the player editor...all numbers are accurate. It looks like over his career he has developed his key postional skills of hands, route running and running to a pretty good level (70's). However, his positional athletic skills are pretty low...(I have a tough time reading the numbers from your post of his profile)... Speed-30 Acceleration-49 Instincts-42 Looks like his work ethic has carried thru okay for postional skills over his career, but probably was a below average athlete coming in and athletic abilities don't develop nearly to the degree postional skills do over a career. Maybe think Corvette body...with a 6 cylinder engine under the hood. PS-here are examples of what some of my seniors show: 83/90...52/58...71/75...50/66...67/78...71/76...67/78...54/64...68/76...75/83...45/49...77/87. PS2-try changing the ratings scale to 1-100 and then look at the player editor again...could be a rounding up/down issue for such a large difference between C and P.

[QUOTE=Dave Hansen;162576]I'll give it a shot... Since the display is from the player editor...all numbers are accurate. It looks like over his career he has developed his key postional skills of hands, route running and running to a pretty good level (70's). However, his positional athletic skills are pretty low...(I have a tough time reading the numbers from your post of his profile)... Speed-30 Acceleration-49 Instincts-42 Looks like his work ethic has carried thru okay for postional skills over his career, but probably was a below average athlete coming in and athletic abilities don't develop nearly to the degree postional skills do over a career. Maybe think Corvette body...with a 6 cylinder engine under the hood. PS-here are examples of what some of my seniors show: 83/90...52/58...71/75...50/66...67/78...71/76...67/78...54/64...68/76...75/83...45/49...77/87. PS2-try changing the ratings scale to 1-100 and then look at the player editor again...could be a rounding up/down issue for such a large difference between C and P.[/QUOTE] i understand that, but you can't develop speed. i want to know where the wasted [I]potential[/I] is.

I would say it's a combo of rounding error and the editor having a direct view. He looks pretty close to maxed out, but the 10-point rating scale has a rounding factor. You could change it to a 100-point scale and see and I'm guessing he'd be closer to max. He could also still have some development potential in strength, accel and/or agility. Certain players don't always easily reach their potential for athletic skills.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;162667]I would say it's a combo of rounding error and the editor having a direct view. He looks pretty close to maxed out, but the 10-point rating scale has a rounding factor. You could change it to a 100-point scale and see and I'm guessing he'd be closer to max. He could also still have some development potential in strength, accel and/or agility. Certain players don't always easily reach their potential for athletic skills.[/QUOTE] ok that's what i figured, as coach can i help him develop his athletic skills? should i max out strength and conditioning when football skills seem to be fully developed?

Archived