Question regarding injuries and advanced booking in '07.

Will we be able to make changes to advanced booking if a wrestler is injured prior to the event? Last night, in TEW '05, Henry Lee, who had been booked at the start of the June for the July PPV, broke his neck during June and was taken out of action for over a year. In '07 will we be able to do anything about advanced booked matches where a wrestler is injured?

Well, in reality, someone not showing for a promised appearance has a negative effect for a promotion, no matter [I]what[/I] the reason is that the performer can't/won't show. (Like Austin at Survivor Series '99, to name an example.) That being said, there should be ways to mitigate changes in advance promotion (like having a completely unexpected title change, like Big Show at that event, and like Booker T and Benoit in successive shows in 1998 -- which were stupidly ignored by WCW on TV -- and Edge, subbing for Ken Shamrock and winning the IC title at the Skydome in 1999, which was rightly [I]not[/I] ignored by WWF TV). It works in real life to some extent, so I think it should work in the game to the same extent. Just my opinion, tho.

Check the development diary you can substitute wrestlers in advance booking. To quote Adam: [QUOTE]The second is that you will now be able to modify and delete advance booked matches. You will be able to delete an advance booked match without any penalty as long as you have not yet advanced forward by a day (i.e. you haven't yet announced it to the fans anyway). This is primarily to allow people to easily correct silly mistakes like putting the wrong person down. Once you have advanced forward a day you will no longer be able to delete an advance booked match, but you will however be able to make a "substitution", replacing any worker in the storyline with a new person. There is a small penalty on the heat of the match every time a replacement is made, to stop people constantly changing their booking plans around.[/QUOTE]

Archived