getting x-box live

panix04

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, what Clarity said. If you haven't already got a router, take my advice and get a NetGear one. I originally had a 3com router and couldn't get the damn thing to connect. After going back and forth to the shop I got it from on multiple occasion, phoning support lines, emailing 3com and searching the net for solutions I came up with nothing. Swapped it for a NetGear one, plugged it in and it worked straight away, just had to type in my ISP username.

Wooodaddy, I think the free trial is 30 days. Panix, it all depends on your modem as some with have the right connections but more than likely it wont. Your best option is to go into PC World (or similar) and tell them you want to connect your Xbox 360 to Xbox Live, they should sort you out with all the right cables/router etc. I've got a NetGear DG834PN RangeMaxTM ADSL Modem Wireless Router - highly recommended. It can be wired or wireless if you don't want to spend the approx £65 on the wireless Xbox 360 adaptor (I didn't) but the wireless option is there if you ever wanted to use it in the future.

Ugh the wireless router would cost twice as much as a normal router. So if you don't ever plan on using wireless, just get a normal router with 4 ports that go either way. It should have auto-correction for whether it's a cross ethernet cable or a straight through cable so you shouldn't have to worry. Really, I use the cheapest router that I could find for my network back home, and I have had zero problems with it. As long as it's 100/10 then you're good to go.

First match: Single - HBK (me) vs Kurt Angle (Panix). Winner = me. Second match: Hardcore - Undertaker (me) vs Kane (Panix). Winner = Panix Third match: Hell in a Cell - Khali (me) vs Cactus Jack (Panix). Winner = me. Fourth match: Cage match - Undertaker (me) vs Manking (Panix). Winner = Panix. That Panix is a wily trickster I can tell ya.... :p

Archived