Calling Plays during game and game Stragies

When I setup a game plan and strategy before a game, I assume that when I use suggest during a game that it will go by the strategy and game plan that I setup. However, I've tried to create a gameplan that utilizes almost all formations but only ones recommended are those that my coordinator specializes in. Are these settings only for simming? Also, what about depth chart, I set it before a game and when I get in the game it's all messed up. Is this because I use CPU sub? or totally unrelated.

CPU sub will always mess up the depth chart. Its kind of annoying, because what you'd really like to happen is the subs happen based off your depth chart. Its just the way it works in this game, also CPU substitution is based off a random number and your predefined play percentage instead of when players are actually tired. You really want to control subs yourself if you play games, but its difficult because you can't tell without opening the depth chart window every play how tired guys are getting... It would have been nice if the formation chart graphic got color coded based off of fatigue. Maybe next time we'll get this :)

Guest Skyhawk
Hmm Rock, are you sure that if you "lock" all the players in your depth chart and then play (not sim) a game using CPU subs that your depth chart will still get messed up? Truth is, I hadn't thought of this before but you can bet I'll be trying it the next time I play a game. It would be a heckuva lot less work than to keep checking the Depth Chart during the game. And . . . Wouldn't it be better if we could set the fatigue level at which we'd like our players subbed out by the CPU (rather than a straight percentage of plays we want them in the game) IF we could have a change by Arlie in this regard at some point down the road? In my humble opinion that would actually make the CPU sub feature SOMEWHAT useful to non-simming users of the game and it would allow simmers with GOOD Depth Chart management to get better results with the players they have to work with. No matter how you look at it: The bottom line for simmers and non-simmers alike is that it is more important to have your best players playing so long as they are not fatigued, rather than to have them play a certain percentage of a game you determined beforehand whether they are fatigued or not. Anyone following me on this besides Rock? (e.g., my team needs to make a final drive down the field to get a win, but nope, some of my best offensive players get subbed out because they have already played their 90% of the game, something to think about). If I'm wrong on this somebody please explain it to me. Now, time to go get some sleep so I can play more BBCF until the wee hours tomorrow, lol . . . Best Regards All

Guest Skyhawk
Thanks littlechris, in the short time I've been playing I never thought to scroll over the player icons on the formations window to see what info was available, thanks for teaching an old dog a new trick. :) I'm going to go try the lock thing right now myself, will report back later if my wife's Thanksgiving activities don't get in the way ("Honey, I need you to run out to the grocery store and buy some cranberries, etc., etc., etc.." But hey, I have to admit I love all the eating on Thanksgiving Day. :D BTW Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it.

[QUOTE=Skyhawk;161332]Hmm Rock, are you sure that if you "lock" all the players in your depth chart and then play (not sim) a game using CPU subs that your depth chart will still get messed up? [/QUOTE] You can try it, but when you leave the depth chart screen it releases all the locks, so I kind of doubt it works that way. [QUOTE] Wouldn't it be better if we could set the fatigue level at which we'd like our players subbed out by the CPU (rather than a straight percentage of plays we want them in the game) [/QUOTE] That was kind of my point. [QUOTE] Also, as a note, you can mouse over a player during a game and it will show his fatigue percentage, don't have to open DChart. [/QUOTE] The problem with this, is it requires scrolling over each of the 11 players and waiting half a second for the mouse over info to appear. Its actually quicker to open the depth chart window and see all the percentages at once. At least thats what I found. This is why it would be nice if the players were color coded (or maybe patern coded) to indicate who was fresh, tired, and exhausted. Then you wouldn't have to mouse over any of the guys who were still at 80+. One cool coding would be to shade out the player icon based off of tiredness. So a fresh player would be totally unshadded, while a player at 50% would be half shaded. That way you could actually get a relative indication of tiredness without even mousing over the players. You could still mouse over to get the percentage down the a low detail.

Guest Skyhawk
[QUOTE]You can try it, but when you leave the depth chart screen it releases all the locks, so I kind of doubt it works that way.[/QUOTE] [b]Your doubts are confirmed, that's exactly what happens.[/b] [QUOTE]That was kind of my point.[/QUOTE] [b]Precisely why I said this:[/b] [QUOTE]Anyone following me on this besides Rock? [/QUOTE] [b]and added the rest of what is in red below:[/b] [QUOTE][color=red]The bottom line for simmers and non-simmers alike is that it is more important to have your best players playing so long as they are not fatigued, rather than to have them play a certain percentage of a game you determined beforehand whether they are fatigued or not.[/color] Anyone following me on this besides Rock? [color=red](e.g., my team needs to make a final drive down the field to get a win, but nope, some of my best offensive players get subbed out because they have already played their 90% of the game, something to think about). If I'm wrong on this somebody please explain it to me.[/color][/QUOTE] [b]Now this is something entirely different though because you are just suggesting a different way to continue doing what you already are doing, namely, manual substitutions. Read on . . .[/b] [QUOTE]The problem with this, is it requires scrolling over each of the 11 players and waiting half a second for the mouse over info to appear. Its actually quicker to open the depth chart window and see all the percentages at once. At least thats what I found. This is why it would be nice if the players were color coded (or maybe patern coded) to indicate who was fresh, tired, and exhausted. Then you wouldn't have to mouse over any of the guys who were still at 80+. One cool coding would be to shade out the player icon based off of tiredness. So a fresh player would be totally unshadded, while a player at 50% would be half shaded. That way you could actually get a relative indication of tiredness without even mousing over the players. You could still mouse over to get the percentage down the a low detail. [/QUOTE] [b]In your first paragraph above, what you are talking about would require you to go back to the Depth Chart and make your substitutions anyway, lol. What I was suggesting was NOT a way to modify the game so that we could CONTINUE doing what we already are doing. I was making a suggestion about how to modify the game so that we would have a viable option to micromanaging substitutions. So now I take back all this:[/b] [QUOTE]The bottom line for simmers and non-simmers alike is that it is more important to have your best players playing so long as they are not fatigued, rather than to have them play a certain percentage of a game you determined beforehand whether they are fatigued or not. Anyone following me on this besides Rock? (e.g., my team needs to make a final drive down the field to get a win, but nope, some of my best offensive players get subbed out because they have already played their 90% of the game, something to think about). If I'm wrong on this somebody please explain it to me.[/QUOTE] [b]Because we are obviously talking about two different things. Now we can both stand corrected, rofl, and I can say that I absolutely disagree with you that it is necessary to modify the game so that we can CONTINUE doing something that we are already doing. Anyone following me on this besides Rock because he obviously doesn't!? lol![/b] [b]Awe, nevermind, I'll go back to being part of the silent majority . . . cya later Rock and don't mind me having a little fun with your slamming use of quotes, rofl! Next time just be sure when you quote someone to make a point that it really serves your purpose.[/b] :rolleyes: ;)

[QUOTE=Skyhawk;161452]I absolutely disagree with you that it is necessary to modify the game so that we can CONTINUE doing something that we are already doing. Anyone following me on this besides Rock because he obviously doesn't!? lol![/QUOTE] No, actually, what you are talking about is EXACTLY what I was refering to in my first post. You're following me, not the other way around. And my suggestion to change how easy it is to do manual substitutions in no way precludes my suggestion to make the automatic depth chart subbing based off fatique. Its good to know your an all or nothing guy, but people like to play with different styles. Believe it or not some people actually like controlling their subs. I'm suggesting two seperate changes that would both help the game in different ways. Or maybe we should just get rid of the "Play" option all together since I personally am simming all my games :rolleyes: [QUOTE]Next time just be sure when you quote someone to make a point that it really serves your purpose.[/QUOTE] As I did last time. Not sure what your trying to indicate here. My responses were dirrectly made to the quotes above. Whats the point of responding if no one knows what you're refering to. That is the point of using a quote.

Guest Skyhawk
Rock, The expression "follow me" can have a couple of different meanings. One is literal and means to follow or come after, while another meaning is to use it as slang for the word understand. As in: Now that I've tried to explain X in a different way, does everyone follow me on X now? Now that I've tried to explain X in a different way, does everyone understand X now? Is Rock the only one who follows me on this? Is Rock the only one who understands me on this? That being said and hopefully understood (you do follow me don't you? lol), When a person uses quotes in the context that you did on a board such as this it typically conveys an INTENTION to disprove or discredit the person the reply is directed at. We both know that's what you did. For the record, I play all my games. Look up my other posts and you will find that my very first post explains exactly why I enjoy doing so. Your solution, shading the icons, would be of no use to simmers as it would only be of use to those who "play" their games. On the other hand, changing the % of snaps taken settings to a % of fatigue for substitution setting would help those who sim AND those like us who play our games. Sure you could still do some micromanaging of your subs when needed, but at least the CPU sub button would do something useful. May another solution would be to take care of the automatic unlocking of the depth chart when "playing" a game. I'm open to new ideas, I'm listening . . . But to address your replies I still have to stand with: The solution I offered, not yours, would provide better/more effective gameplay for players of both preferences, rather than your solution (shading) which would only help out those who enjoy the game by "playing" not "simming" (if you are simming a game how would the shading thing be of any use?). So who is the "all or nothing guy" now? I won't participate in this thread anymore so feel free to come back, and get your last testosterone filled dig in. I was trying to support your idea and elaborate on it in a what I thought was a meaningful and constructive way but since having it be YOUR idea is more important than having it be the RIGHT idea, and I understand this now, feel free to declare yourself the "winner" of this little intellectual debate and declare yourself the guy with the biggest "epeenie" on the board (Besides, it'll help your post count, rofl!). My congratulations, you have just driven one person from further participation on these boards. You win! Besides, I've already raised two children and don't really feel a need to bring up any more. Have a nice life Rock! It must be nice with you being right all the time! :)

Man you are a putz. Maybe you use quotes, as a way to slam people, but I use quotes on a regular basis as a way to reply to multiple posts. Get a life. And whether or not I vocalized it properly. I think it was pretty obvious from my first post what I was suggesting was that subs should be done by fatique and not by a random number. Someone with half a brain could have probably figured that out. And yes, I sim out my games. The shading suggestion was to better aid those who don't. I'm actually thinking about other players, unlike you who are only interested in improvement that help your game play. That's why your the all or nothing guy. "Does shading help me be lazy with subbing? No. Well its a stupid idea for everyone then." That seems to be your logic here.

Archived