Good running Fullbacks

How do you get the fullback more involved if they are a good runner? Do you change their position to RB or do you game plan to run with both the FB and the RB? It seems like when calling running plays for the FB that they are not very successful even if they are a good runner. Converting the FB to RB seems to help. Has anyone else seen this? Am I just calling the wrong plays with the FB running?

I don't know what your scout rating is but maybe your scout thinks he's better than what he is. If that's not the case then i just think u just gotta keep plugging away at it. I just finished season 2031 with Wake Forest and my FB led my team in rushing with 700 yards and 6 yards a carry. I mainly ran him out of the I and Pro Set formations sprinkling in Strong formation runs also. His bread and butter plays were I-Form Counter RG, and FB Straight LG. My Starting LG Brad Chavous is a monster and was 2nd-Team all ACC. I noticed in my first three games what plays were having moderate to great success and just rode them the whole season. The reason i think the Counter RG worked well was the fact that sice it's a counter the key blocker isn't actually the RG, but instead it's Chavous pulling from left into the RG hole. Just my .02 Sidenote: just finished 10-3 with a 16-7 win over a good Alabama team in the Peach Bowl. My best season ever and i can't wait for recruiting.

[QUOTE=C-Bailey24;161429]I don't know what your scout rating is but maybe your scout thinks he's better than what he is. If that's not the case then i just think u just gotta keep plugging away at it. I just finished season 2031 with Wake Forest and my FB led my team in rushing with 700 yards and 6 yards a carry. I mainly ran him out of the I and Pro Set formations sprinkling in Strong formation runs also. His bread and butter plays were I-Form Counter RG, and FB Straight LG. My Starting LG Brad Chavous is a monster and was 2nd-Team all ACC. I noticed in my first three games what plays were having moderate to great success and just rode them the whole season. The reason i think the Counter RG worked well was the fact that sice it's a counter the key blocker isn't actually the RG, but instead it's Chavous pulling from left into the RG hole. Just my .02 Sidenote: just finished 10-3 with a 16-7 win over a good Alabama team in the Peach Bowl. My best season ever and i can't wait for recruiting.[/QUOTE] I think this post speaks to the fact that this game is not to simple to master if you're in your 25th season or so and just had your best season at 10-3.

I had a FB at Mizzou who had a 45 at running. But he kept breaking runs. So I kept running him calling any FB play I could find. He was a 1.5 star player, so not that great, but he ended up averaging over 200 ypg. He made 1st Team Offense nationally, but wasn't considered for the Heisman despite leading the nation in rushing.

Archived