Prepping for TEW 07 - Training Camps

Guest deathcroc

[QUOTE=Remianen;162614]I'm curious now. What do you consider 'successful graduate'? Would Triple H be a 'successful graduate' but Bryan Danielson not? In your mind, does a worker have to be main eventing WWE events to be considered a successful graduate from wrestling school? Would Joanie Laurer be a more 'successful graduate' than say, Nikki Roxx or April Hunter or Amanda Storm? Just trying to get an idea of what 'successful graduate' means when referring to a wrestling school's respect level (and, by proxy, competence).[/QUOTE] If I remember right April Hunter graduated from Killer Kowalski's school, I would say she is actually one of the better female wrestlers out there. (not just because of school though)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;162656]Isn't training with New Jack like standing in the middle of an expressway with a blindfold on trying to dodge on coming traffic. Hasn't he hurt or hospitalized more than one student.[/QUOTE] That's why the prestige would be -20. Even a wrestler of Tommy Cornell-esqe potential would be reduced if they chose the New Jack Prison Camp school.

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;162694]That's why the prestige would be -20. Even a wrestler of Tommy Cornell-esqe potential would be reduced if they chose the New Jack Prison Camp school.[/QUOTE] I dont know if it should be -20 I think it would depend on if schools can be geared towards releasing certian types of wrestlers obviously a good technical wrestler wont come out of there but a "good" hardcore wrestler (if there is such a thing) could come out of there. :D

[QUOTE=bobinc;162659]If I remember right April Hunter graduated from Killer Kowalski's school, I would say she is actually one of the better female wrestlers out there. (not just because of school though)[/QUOTE] Yep. Joanie, Nikki, April, and Amanda are all Kowalski grads. I'd rank them much differently than kadekash would, obviously, since I think wrestling school teaches you how to competently work a wrestling match in convincing fashion. Having seen the four in action, Joanie would be ranked last since IMO she hasn't shown any real ability in the ring, relying instead on her look (which is valid in some promotions, obviously). That was my intent in asking the question.

[QUOTE=Remianen;162718]Yep. Joanie, Nikki, April, and Amanda are all Kowalski grads. I'd rank them much differently than kadekash would, obviously, since I think wrestling school teaches you how to competently work a wrestling match in convincing fashion. Having seen the four in action, Joanie would be ranked last since IMO she hasn't shown any real ability in the ring, relying instead on her look (which is valid in some promotions, obviously). That was my intent in asking the question.[/QUOTE] That is a good point, but on the other end of things...if no one from the school has ever "made it," then no one would care about the school, or even know about the school. Thus its respect level would be considerable low. My opinion is that schools like Killer Kowalskis, Wild Samoan, WWA4, and The Funkin Conservatory would all have high repect levels. Places like Midwest Pro Wrestling, Bob Johnson's Jobber Academy, and equivalent would have little to no respect. They have never produced anybody that "made it" and nobody even knows that they exist. My opinion of a school that would be kind of in the middle is Ace Steel's school(If he still has one). Because he trained guys like CM Punk and Colt Cabana. But thats about it I think. So his school would be somewhere in the middle.

Just a couple of things, i can't really be bothered (nor have the time to tell you more camps) but Kowalskis shouldnt be there as it is truly merged with Chaotic. Kowalski trainees are trained by a guy, think his name is Mike Hollow although im not 100%, hes also the Chaotic head trainer, so in essence he trains both because they are all as one. The other thing is the Ultimo Dragon Gym, it is definately still running and i know this because i was only just reading the other week that Alex Koslov is training there whilst in Mexico under Jorge "Skayde" Rivera. Hope that clears up a couple things. Oh and one last thing, just popped into my head Inoki Dojo Los Angeles is a very well respected school in California, they put on shows too and many of the rookies go there to train from Japan too. Hope that helps EDIT: MPW head trainer last i heard was Arik Cannon, on a similar note i think CHIKARA should have way more than 35, Quackenbush, Hero and occasionally Skayde are the trainers there and they have trained or had a hand in training half the top indy stars and a lot of the recent wwe signees.

Guest deathcroc
Status: Slow progress Just wanted to get a note to all of you that I'm still working on this, but my Internet connection went out at home, so things will be going slow for a little while until I get that fixed. You probably won't see any updates to the list until that time, as I really can't do that type of research at work. I can barely get away with looking at message boards! :) Please keep up the discussions, I'm finding it very informative on things to look for, and possibly some items that I hope will be clarified when the game comes out (What is the "repect" stat measure?, etc?)

[QUOTE=NickC13573;162784]forlan, Arik is the assistant trainer, but the head trainer is "The Sheriff" on the MPW roster page.[/QUOTE] I'm sure i read something with Cannon that stated he was promoted to head trainer because the Sherriff has other things to do of some sort.

Guest deathcroc
I'm back! I've edited the list a bit after reading the comments left here while I was away. I added two Mexican schools, and moved Booker T's school into the list. I also upped the Chikara school, added the Inoki Dojo, and placed Killer Kowalski's school in the research pile. I had orginally had it as part of Chaotic, then was convinced to place it seperately, now forlan has made me want to go back to my original stance. (Hey, I know very little about the schools so I'm easily swayed right now! :) ) I really looking for some schools in Europe, but having horrible luck. Any help would be appreciated! Please keep up the discussion about training centers and the like. The more input I have, the better the list will be! I hope to have the official list out a week after the game comes out. Why a week? With a list like this, I'm going to want to simulate a few very long games to see what type of impact the dojos actually have upon long-term game play.

Al Snow's Bodyslammers Gym - Lima, OH - Respect probably around 35 to 45 Graduates: Sick Nick Mondo, "Canadian Heartthrob" Chris Wayne, Alex Arion, and Reckless Youth/Tom Carter. Many of the kids from Tough Enough, including Maven, Jackie Gayda, and Chris Nowinski, trained there after the show ended, and Dan Severn did some of his professional wrestling training there. Al Snow, D'Lo Brown, Crusher Kline, Steve Bradley, and Elvis Elliot have been trainers. Not 100% sure who the trainers are now, or if it is even still open.

Guest deathcroc
Thanks for the additional information! I'll do more research next week, as I'll have a lot more time to get things done. For some reason everybody wants their stuff done before the end of the school year.. Go figure :)

Guest deathcroc
Now that the pre-release editor is out, there's more information on what goes into the dojos section. I'm going to be looking at that and then start building the list for other mod makers to use. I probably won't start until next week, as I got a few more real life deadlines to meet and I'm going away for the weekend. Can I get your opinion on this: Do I add schools that are no longer active, so that wrestlers can still be linked to them? Would anybody use that?

[QUOTE=deathcroc;167083] Can I get your opinion on this: Do I add schools that are no longer active, so that wrestlers can still be linked to them? Would anybody use that?[/QUOTE] I dont see why not would be handy for past mods because the "dojo" could be active then.

Guest Jamiedubya21
[QUOTE=deathcroc;163588]I really looking for some schools in Europe, but having horrible luck. Any help would be appreciated![/QUOTE] Some more UK Training Schools SWA:Area 52 - (Scottish Wrestling Alliance) - Biggest Wrestling Training Centre in Scotland - [URL="http://scottishwrestling.co.uk"]http://scottishwrestling.co.uk[/URL] WZW Training School - NE England JW

[QUOTE=deathcroc;161457][URL="http://www.upw.com/uu/index.htm"]Ultimate University[/URL] - California - 50 [/QUOTE] This should definitely be closer to the Can-Am School or Funkin' Conservatory in prestige ... graduates from there include Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, and John Cena ... I'd say they were pretty successful, wouldn't you? Note: Not only was he a graduate, but Samoa Joe has talked about training others at the UPW school, including having a hand in John Cena's training.

Guest deathcroc
Just a quick note, I'm entering the dojos now and hope to be done by tomorrow night. I'm adding a few schools that are not in business anymore, just for those who want to link to them.

Guest deathcroc
I've got the files done. I'm working on the hosting now, and as soon as that's taken care of, I'll release this thing out fo ya'll to examine. Thanks again for all the suggestions!

[QUOTE=deathcroc;169574]I've got the files done. I'm working on the hosting now, and as soon as that's taken care of, I'll release this thing out fo ya'll to examine. Thanks again for all the suggestions![/QUOTE] Someone say hosting? ([URL="http://www.bobinc.net"]site plug[/URL]) :D

Archived