Anyone have suggestions on how I can get better acquainted with the C-verse?

I'm new to TEW (I've played EWR for years) and have only played a little of Wrespi 1 and it looks like the Cornellverse is going to be the best bet for a balanced game on launch day. I'm not too familiar with the Cornellverse, is there a FAQ or a guide to the Cornellverse? Or is there another way to learn about the wrestlers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, for one thing you could check out the official CornellVerse website, ([url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse/)[/url]. Or you could play the demos to either TEW 2005 or WreSpi 2. I was actually starting to think about creating a message board or something specifically for the CornellVerse, (or suggesting that someone else do it), if anyone would be interested in such a thing. The CornellVerse is a fun and unique place to play in, and, to my mind at least, gets those creative juices flowing a bit more than most of the real world mods on the market. There's just something special about controlling your own world. :)

[QUOTE=Robbie_V;161628]I'm new to TEW (I've played EWR for years) and have only played a little of Wrespi 1 and it looks like the Cornellverse is going to be the best bet for a balanced game on launch day. I'm not too familiar with the Cornellverse, is there a FAQ or a guide to the Cornellverse? Or is there another way to learn about the wrestlers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE] The Cornellverse site is a good bet. You might also want to go through the major promotions, check out their rosters, and read bios. The CV site doesn't really have anything on the European or UK or Women's wrestling scenes. But also check the free agents since there are a lot of really good workers that, at least in 05, start out unemployed (American Elemental comes to mind). Also, take a look at the diaries as that will give you an idea of who's really good and who isn't. Names like Hell Monkey, Eisaku Hoshino, American Elemental, Champagne Lover, Samoan Machine, Emma Chase, and such usually show up in lots of Cornellverse diaries for a reason.

The best bet to learn quickly about the Cverse is obviously to check it out for TEW05 and nose around. Reading the many, many, many diaries out there is probably the most fun way to learn about the characters too but of course, they are all just individual takes on each person... and even the evolves a lot over time. The CVerse is great for letting the creative juices flow since you have less idea about how people should be used, you have free reign to do whatever you want. Although I have to admit, even I struggle to work out how to portray some people. Like Angry Gilmore.... I just can't picture his character in my head at all. But Rich Money on the other hand, thats a different story! :) My latest favourites are the Dirty White Boys, they rule! At least in my head anyways Derek B

Screw the website, just play. Don't let what Adam (or some other person, for that matter) wrote about the Cornellverse sway you in any way. Choose your own destiny and history for these characters. Just play, play, play. It may take some time at first to learn everyone's strengths and weaknesses, and it's a grueling process when you're so new to the game but it's so worth it.

In TEW07, during the loading times between days, you are shown a random picture and profile from the database. This is a really good way to get familiar with the numerous different characters in the game as you play, and is also good for long-time players as you may find out about minor people who may normally slip under your radar.

[QUOTE]In TEW07, during the loading times between days, you are shown a random picture and profile from the database. This is a really good way to get familiar with the numerous different characters in the game as you play, and is also good for long-time players as you may find out about minor people who may normally slip under your radar.[/QUOTE] Now THAT is a cool feature! I'm wondering... Is this gonna show default Cornellverse wrestlers only, or will it work with the database you're using? Like, if I'm using a real life mod, stuff about Triple H or AJ Styles might come up? Just curious.

:D look at finisher, fishing for information! I think you'll be out of luck, Adam's in poker mode, i think a release is nearer than he's letting on! Im just theorising, the graphics are one of the last things that get added to the game, so im assuming its mostly testing being done now, but you know what they say about assuming!

WreSpi 2 is an excellent gateway to the C-Verse. I've never had the inclination to play C-Verse before until I started playing WreSpi and got a feel for the workers and promotions. Of course it does entail buying another game, but a game that is definitely worth the purchase anyway! :) Oh and the random worker rundown is an excellent addition. I think we may see a bit more variation in people's rosters thanks to this.

Yeah, I'd also suggest downloading the TEW 2005 and having a look around (there's a mod that updates it with the WreSpi 2 changes). The way I got into the cverse was to go to the other workers screen and just filter those available to work in the same region as my promotion and literally just flick down the bios and reading the descriptions. They're not overly long, but many give clues and details onto some of the more important cverse incidents. It didn't take overly long and is worth it in the long run, it just requires a bit of effort. Also like has been mentioned, check out some of the cverse diaries and you'll see that the cverse is really just a nicely detailed base with a ton of room to be creative from the starting point on.

To me using the C-verse is really the secret of why TEW is such a success. Whenever you play with real world mods you actually want thing to go a certain way, whereas with the C-verse you're free and there are no restrictions. About your question. If you don't have TEW 2005 you should get the demo. Now you start a game with a small fed, a bid fed and also with a japanese fed. This way you will learn about the independent but also famous wrestlers in the universe. At least that's what helped me. Also check the C-verse homepage.

This man is correct. I played the 05 demo with C-Verse, played it with real life and it didnt grab me, couple months later came back, played it with C-Verse for a longer time and blamo, I was hooked, bought the game and I have yet to play with any real life data (minus DOTT).

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Thriller;162519]This man is correct. I played the 05 demo with C-Verse, played it with real life and it didnt grab me, couple months later came back, played it with C-Verse for a longer time and blamo, I was hooked, bought the game and I have yet to play with any real life data (minus DOTT).[/QUOTE] Same here; I only play C-Verse, and occasionally I give DOTT or LTWB a go. The game just simply doesn't seem right to me if I'm not playing Cornellverse, though. It takes a little bit of time to get acquainted with the world, but once you do, it is a very, VERY interesting setting in which to play the game. Anyway, on topic, something I did to get myself familiar with the world was taking some time on the 'Other Workers' screen to just play around with the filters. Want to know who the name wrestlers are? Filter their popularity to a minimum of B or B+. Best technicians? Filter their technical ability. Want to see some potential future stars? Filter for high Star Quality and low popularity. You can find almost any kind of worker you want, and find out lots of useful world information in their profile, just for filtering as specifically or as openly as you'd like.

[QUOTE=falling_star;164703]Same here; I only play C-Verse, and occasionally I give DOTT or LTWB a go. The game just simply doesn't seem right to me if I'm not playing Cornellverse, though. It takes a little bit of time to get acquainted with the world, but once you do, it is a very, VERY interesting setting in which to play the game. Anyway, on topic, something I did to get myself familiar with the world was taking some time on the 'Other Workers' screen to just play around with the filters. Want to know who the name wrestlers are? Filter their popularity to a minimum of B or B+. Best technicians? Filter their technical ability. Want to see some potential future stars? Filter for high Star Quality and low popularity. You can find almost any kind of worker you want, and find out lots of useful world information in their profile, just for filtering as specifically or as openly as you'd like.[/QUOTE] I've been playing with C-verse mainly for one reason. No expectations. If I used DOTT and Jake the Snake or Nikita Kolof doesn't pan out, I get the feeling that something "wrong" has occurred. However, if I'm using the C-Verse, it makes no difference to me whether Cannonball Logan or Mark Stayddon gets over or not. No preconceived expectations.

I'll probably play the C-Verse at first but will hop on the first real world mod that comes out. To me, that's the most fun part of a wrestling sim, an alternate world. I haven't played TEW2005 past the demo, but from the looks of things, I really look forward to playing mods like DOTT or EOTGE on 2007. Simming a month of EOTGE unemployed on the 2005 demo, and it was addicting looking around after the month and seeing how all my favorite wrestlers did that month. I've been looking at the C-Verse a bit though, through the demo and just reading around on it, so I am somewhat acquainted with it when 2007 comes out.

[QUOTE=xfactor9600;165929]I've been playing with C-verse mainly for one reason. No expectations. If I used DOTT and Jake the Snake or Nikita Kolof doesn't pan out, I get the feeling that something "wrong" has occurred. However, if I'm using the C-Verse, it makes no difference to me whether Cannonball Logan or Mark Stayddon gets over or not. No preconceived expectations.[/QUOTE] I am the exact same way, plus I think c-verse is more of a challenge. The reasons you mentioned are the main reason I will not do a real world diary either.

[QUOTE=xfactor9600;165929]I've been playing with C-verse mainly for one reason. No expectations. If I used DOTT and Jake the Snake or Nikita Kolof doesn't pan out, I get the feeling that something "wrong" has occurred. However, if I'm using the C-Verse, it makes no difference to me whether Cannonball Logan or Mark Stayddon gets over or not. No preconceived expectations.[/QUOTE] Tabula Rasa. :)

Not entirely 'Tabula Rasa', in the sense that the Cornell-Verse has a history that dates back to (or before) TEW2004. A history I kind of missed. I wouldn't know who the owners of the companies were before now, and what wrestlers started in which feds. That said, I too will be playing with the C-Verse for obvious reasons (stated like a million times here already)

Archived