TEW07: Are you buying it, and if so, why?

[QUOTE=Remianen;161893]I'm buying it and assuming it comes out before Christmas, I'll be buying it for several clients and friends who are also big fans of the wrestling business (such as it is). I'll tell you the #1 reason I'm buying it and it's probably one that several people share but don't really consider all that important. Adam. If you're into games like I am and you know some developers and studios and how they work, you know that as much passion as a developer may have for his product, it isn't always possible for him/her to convey that passion to the audience. Whether it be due to insular "corporate politics" or just having an audience that's just too big to connect with (see: Pardo, Rob. Executive Producer of World of Warcraft), it creates somewhat of a gulf between the designer(s) and their intended audience. Can't really say that about Adam though. Even when I disagree with his line of thinking, I think it's important to note that he doesn't HAVE to explain anything he does to anyone except maybe Arlie. The fact that he listens to feedback and takes it into consideration while filtering out the noise bound to crop up, is something that really impresses me. So yeah, the game is awesome and it's one reason I'm buying it. But if you've ever encountered a self-centered, egotistical developer who thinks s/he has all the answers and the audience is "the enemy" (see: Raph Koster), you'll probably see why I think the developer is also an important part of a buying decision. Could you honestly see yourself buying a game when/if the developer says the players of said games are morons (it's happened!)?[/QUOTE] Aye, or you can look at just about any of the bigger games out. Most Developers have a hard time connecting with their own clients, so I have to give Remi's post a big high five! I totally 100% aggree with him here... and guess what? Me and Remi don't always aggree, which brings me to point two of why I will be purchasing this game. For the most part in here (the forums of GDS), you can ask any kind of silly thing you want, and someone is bound to give you an answer. Sometimes you will not like the answer, and some of the times you won't like it you will have to aggree for the honesty will be unmistakable. The game itself is a great game. The support from the developer is top notch, and from the rest of the purchaser's and other fans of the game, its just as good. You get your ussual flamer's from time to time as in any other forum, but there is always one guy that says "Hey, this is the answer your looking for, just give me a PM if you have any more questions." The combination of all of this makes the gameplay outragiously fun!

I'm getting it because with it I can do things just not possible on other console Wrestling games. Even the new GM mode in SvR07 is pale as hell when compared and in actuallity, the MOR mode of FFPW which happens to be a GBA Wrestling game puts the GM mode of SvR07 to shame. So, I can't wait, Monk....

I'm getting the game because I've been waiting for a long time and it looks like it will be a huge improvement from 2005. I've been sharing the TEW game around with friends but it seems I'm the only one who really likes it (apart from one of my friends) they are all like SVR is so cool and TEW sucks because you can't fight with the wrestlers.

I have a blind loyalty to Adam Ryland's games...even if 07 was lacking on new features, I would probably still buy it. It's like a 90% chance I would, you know. It's kind of like when people buy Final Fantasy whenever it comes out despite it having the same foundations for the core story each time or Madden even though the updates they make to the game aren't industry changing major--you buy it because it's your favorite and in some cases, you just strong believe that it can do [B]NO[/B] wrong whatsoever.. Yeah, so blind loyalty...and the features :D.

The New Worker feature and the templates for easily designing new workers are both great selling points for me. I also love the idea of the tournament title and the returning internet and user character features. All together, this stuff means I'm going to have an easier time of creating the mod I've been wanting to do since 2004: a video game mod.

I'll be buying it. I shouldn't spend anymore money seeing as I suck at saving money, which I really need to do, but TEW 07 has impressed me and may be the final TEW game I purchase. I say that only because I'm going to find it rather difficult for Adam to top TEW 07 'cause if there's a TEW '08 I wonder how much more user friendly it can become. TEW '07 looks to be one of those games that people will be able to play for more than just a year before the next version gets released. I love the features being added, and I think Adam is awesome at what he does. I'm sure I'll play it for a while here and there then possibly forget about it like I have with 2004 and 2005, but I also feel that 2007 is going to make me WANT to play the game and I WONT get bored with booking. Heck I may even be tempted to try a Sports Entertainment promotion this time around!

I'll be buying it because being a fan of wrestling for over 25 years now, the TEW games let me indulge in my own thoughts on how the business should have been run by a promotion. The support is wonderful for these games. Adam and Grey Dog do a wonderful job of answering questions and helping customers. The game is fun and there is knowledge of wrestling that is shown in the gameplay. Hopefully, my purchasing this title will let the game companies around the world know that there are gamers out here that don't always want first-person shooters.

I'm buying it because Adam is one of the few who actually listens to the fans about what should be in the game and what shouldn't. He does the games for us and himself and not because of money or pressure. Second I think the fact that TEW 2007 will be more user friendly than TEW 2005. Third I can't wait for some of the new features and I'm really looking forward to the developments in the C-verse.

I feel the same way about the EWR/TEW series as I do about the NCAA/Madden football games on Playstation. I've always supported these games and I will continue to. Not only does Adam improve year after year with every game he makes, but the way he feels about his games and obviously the effort he puts into it is definitely felt around this community. I look at this game like any other series I buy - I'll continue buying them until it takes a drastic turn and I don't see any of Adam's games doing this, especially the TEW series. I will download it the day the demo arrives and I will buy it the day it becomes available for purchase. Atleast from this post I'm making, Adam knows he'll make $34.95 off this game. :)

I've been following Adam's games since ERW 2.0, and I have bought both TEW games, because simulation to me is the ultimate brain game. I think it's awesome how I can play out scenarios how I see fit, pushing completely different people than would normally get attention. I remember in TEW 2004 in a Scramble game (remember those?) I had X-Pac as the WWE title facing Charlie Haas at Wrestlemania, because the fans just connected with them more than my other superstars. It's a trip to watch that kind of story play out. Same with a TNA game I did where I pushed Jerry Lynn as my champion, he became one of the most over people in the US, which helped me start my WWE vs TNA wars. It's moments like that that will keep me coming back for more. Keep it up, Adam. I'll support these games as long as you keep making them.

Archived