Conference Movement ?

Okay, I've been running 1.5 on my latest game, I have conference movement turned on to "high" and am playing as TCU, and I rigged it specifically to test the conference movement feature. My last 8 seasons: 12-1, 10-2, 13-0 (2nd in country, BCS), 11-2 (BCS), 11-2, 13-0 (National Champs), 13-0 (National Champs), 12-1 (BCS). Is there some reason I'm still playing in the Mountain West? I set conference movement to "high" in the game options menu. No one is moving conferences. I assume, however, the feature is integrated. Baylor and Kansas have sucked (0-11, 1-10, etc) over the same time period. What am I missing?

I'm at Army with about 5 seasons of time in since I set conference movement to high and I'm still stuck as an independent. Last four seasons have been 10-3 (Lost in 2nd round of playoffs), 14-1 (Lost championship game), and 13-1 (Lost in playoff semi-finals). I haven't seen any other teams moving either

I have played just about 15 seasons, firstly with Central Florida then Baylor. I have still not seen any movement within any conference. I have had the conference movement on LOW. Despite the emails in this thread whether you are on LOW or HIGH, I don't think it is possible for any movement of college teams being done. I had in mind about schedule matches with other colleges. The thing is, Central Florida is in C-USA, and I cannot see this college going to Big Twelve or MAC or ACC or western side of USA. It would cause a lot of problems with travelling in real life. I suppose that with Bowlbound game, there may be movement in the next 80 years as this game doesn't allow the head coach (YOU) to retire so you are more like to play this game past Methuselah's age as recording in the Genesis account in the Bible where he died at a ripe old of nine hundred sixty and nine years (969). How many championship titles would you have won in that time period and wondered WHO MOVED TO WHAT CONFERENCE DIVISION? Would it be possible for USC (PAC 10) to move to C-USA or ACC????? or UCF (C-USA) to Mountain West????? That would cause a lot of alignment problems

I had not taken a look beyond the Big Twelve, where there were no changes in either division. I'll take a look at this career tomorrow night and review the BCS conferences to see if there are any signs of movement in any of them. For the record, would there be an e-mail indicating that a school has moved conferences? If there is, would that be published as a summary of all conference moves, or would it be limited to a new conference member? Or only if your own school moved? Just wondering what the notification process when schools do move.

I think Conference movement is a horrible idea and I am glad teams don't move. Everyone sees what happened with the ACC and Big East and gets all over excited and wants to recreate it. Conference movement is a MAJOR process that involves so many variables that it is impossible to recreate with any accuracy. Leave conference movement off!

[QUOTE=DocStevens;163746]I think Conference movement is a horrible idea and I am glad teams don't move. Everyone sees what happened with the ACC and Big East and gets all over excited and wants to recreate it. Conference movement is a MAJOR process that involves so many variables that it is impossible to recreate with any accuracy. Leave conference movement off![/QUOTE] It's an option. The more options, the better.

[QUOTE=DocStevens;163746]I think Conference movement is a horrible idea and I am glad teams don't move. Everyone sees what happened with the ACC and Big East and gets all over excited and wants to recreate it. Conference movement is a MAJOR process that involves so many variables that it is impossible to recreate with any accuracy. Leave conference movement off![/QUOTE] You can turn it off in the game options. So, if you don't like it, you can avoid it.

• 8 months later...
Guest Nukester
Can Independant teams move to new conferences ? Ive seen a few movements but none for the Indys yet. I want to start a career as Army but dont really want them as an Indy. I will keep them there though if there is a chance for them to move out. If not, Ill edit the files and put them somewhere else.

Archived