More President than Head Booker?

Well I just finished reading Eric Bischoffs book, Controversy Equals Cash. I was a big WCW fan in the late 90s (growing up in NYC I was big into the 80s/early 90s WWF then when all those stars jumped ship so did I.) And having read the Death of WCW books and all, I just figured I'd like to get his side of the story. During the book when he was discussing what he did after being promoted from 3rd string announcer to a more illustrious executive type position and eventually company President, I thought about "our" character in TEW. When we play TEW and work with a company (in TEW 2K5 this was a must in regular mode, until you were given top bookers honors and you could start your own company) we do alot more with the company than book shows. Sure we are the executive booker in that we make all of the creative decisions as well as structure all of the shows but there are also a bunch of decisions we make that would normally not be the duties of a head booker. In TEW 2K7 there are some more of these than in 2K5 but in 2K5 there were still some. We chose the production values, the music liscensing, other bookers, put together staff for road agents and also did alot of hirings and firings. We were essentially the company's president. So I was thinking do others agree that the user character is more a company president than head booker or do you all think the head booker title is still most appropriate?

[QUOTE]Well I just finished reading Eric Bischoffs book, Controversy Equals Cash. I was a big WCW fan in the late 90s (growing up in NYC I was big into the 80s/early 90s WWF then when all those stars jumped ship so did I.) And having read the Death of WCW books and all, I just figured I'd like to get his side of the story. During the book when he was discussing what he did after being promoted from 3rd string announcer to a more illustrious executive type position and eventually company President, I thought about "our" character in TEW. When we play TEW and work with a company (in TEW 2K5 this was a must in regular mode, until you were given top bookers honors and you could start your own company) we do alot more with the company than book shows. Sure we are the executive booker in that we make all of the creative decisions as well as structure all of the shows but there are also a bunch of decisions we make that would normally not be the duties of a head booker. In TEW 2K7 there are some more of these than in 2K5 but in 2K5 there were still some. We chose the production values, the music liscensing, other bookers, put together staff for road agents and also did alot of hirings and firings. We were essentially the company's president. So I was thinking do others agree that the user character is more a company president than head booker or do you all think the head booker title is still most appropriate?[/QUOTE] Without a doubt, considering the PC in the TEW series has more stroke than Shane and Steph in WWE combined -- in their official capacity, that is -- we're all, in effect, Chief Operating Officers of our respective promotions. Of course, with '07's new owner-imposed restrictions, we'll probably have (on average) less freedom than Bischoff had in 1997-98, and Vince Russo likely has in current TNA. Still, this is what I've loved about the series since EWR -- the freedom to decide anything that could impact your on-air product in a positive (or negative) way.

100% aggree with you. I wouldn't mind being able to "Just" be booker though, or be president and hire someone to be Booker... as well as head writer's deciding what angle's and storylines we should use, or at least suggest. 'Course, this is a totally different view on your point, but I couldn't help it after reading your post. Your viewpoint seems right to me.

I think it would be awesome if when you own a company, you can hire a head booker that oversees that business. You wouldn't actually be booking the shows and hiring/firing people, you would just sit back and evaluate how the booker is running your shows. If the booker is drawing good ratings for your show, you'd keep 'em. If they weren't, fire them. Also, having the power to veto any decision such as a hiring or a firing a wrestler or getting out of a contract with TV/PPV carriers and other big tasks. At the end of the day, you'd get a list of all the pending decisions the head booker made, and if you see any you disagree with, you can veto it. And all the decisions you don't have a problem with, you don't take the extra step. If the person you hired isn't that good, you might find yourself basicly running the show and end up firing the head booker. But if the head booker you hired is very good, you won't have to worry about hardly anything at all and can just watch the time fly by. Although something like this feature will unlikely be in '07, hopefully it'll be thought about for the next game.

[QUOTE=Travis;162014]I think it would be awesome if when you own a company, you can hire a head booker that oversees that business. You wouldn't actually be booking the shows and hiring/firing people, you would just sit back and evaluate how the booker is running your shows. If the booker is drawing good ratings for your show, you'd keep 'em. If they weren't, fire them. Also, having the power to veto any decision such as a hiring or a firing a wrestler or getting out of a contract with TV/PPV carriers and other big tasks. At the end of the day, you'd get a list of all the pending decisions the head booker made, and if you see any you disagree with, you can veto it. And all the decisions you don't have a problem with, you don't take the extra step. If the person you hired isn't that good, you might find yourself basicly running the show and end up firing the head booker. But if the head booker you hired is very good, you won't have to worry about hardly anything at all and can just watch the time fly by. Although something like this feature will unlikely be in '07, hopefully it'll be thought about for the next game.[/QUOTE] I suggested that very idea a few months ago ([URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17075"]Link[/URL]). The response was very favorable but it went unaddressed as to whether or not we could see it implemented in the future. It's quite possibly the biggest feature that hasn't made it in already and frankly I'm shocked it hasn't come up more often because it has huge potential.

Aye, but then again, your have to realise that the AI probably does not put together full shows, like you do... SO making this happen might have something to do with that. On the other promotions your not booking for, you do not see the angles, or know what the feuds are that are going on. My guess is that the AI takes the booker's skill into the equation, and the wrestling match's you see are rated, then the Booker's skill is put in to represent the Angles/feuds going on, although they really don't have any going on... WoW, I can barely understand what I just said, but can't think of a better way to describe it right now. However, if that is the case, and I have no idea if it is, just an observational thing that I'm basing a hunch on. Then adding a feature where YOUR head booker did all the Angle's, match-ups, and feuding/storylines to use, might be too drastic a change to code on top of the existing code... Meaning, to do this, the AI would probably have to have all the booker positions do it as well, not just for your promotion, or it might even take more code to make it available just for yours. That's just my logic, I have no idea what the truth of the matter would be however. SO, to be honest, these "little" things that are being changed in the AI already, kind of do some of this for us... although not to the extent that's being talked about here (Bassically, the Head Booker doing everything to do with booking). He's already made it where you can have fights already lined up for your next show, if you already promoted it to happen. Example: If you pre-book a whole show's worth of Match's, when it comes time for your show, you only have to do the angles and storylines for the show, as the match's are already their. You might want to change what type of match its going to be, but you already have what you pre-booked ready to go.. That is just one example I can think of off the top of my head, but I do recall their were other things as well. SO although your idea might not be there, it could have been the reason for certain other things being there. Who knows though, we don't know everything yet, the game is not available, and more work is going to be done on it, so..........This might still be coming, who knows, lol.

You could still have a say in what happens. This would only be available if you own the company and you chose to(well atleast in what I was thinking of). It would bring the game from just a 'Booker' standpoint, and bring it to the wrestling business as a whole, so no point of view is left out. If you wanted to be in the position of Dixie Carter in TNA, having a game that can touch on that power, along with not just being a booker would give the game a whole new dimension.

Archived