adam will you be able to use the dq/count out rule in promotion style?

I was wondering about this one myself. It'd come in handy to be able to set a few rules and regulations for your promotion. Sure, you could set the road agent note before every match, but it would be better if you could just set that as a given before you even start a game. Maybe you could have a few other options in this area as well, like the old NWA's rule that throwing your opponent over the top rope was illegal, or Bill Watts' old rule that it was illegal to jump off the top rope. There could be all kinds of options. :)

also that tna rule is actually an nwa rulling. the no dq countout thing. it started when chris candido was nwa world champion, he ahd this gimmick that he would get a dq everythime to stay champion. so they made it a rule so all matches have some sort of finish, of course even with those rules you can work around a cheap finish where the champ stays champ still

According to Dave himself, Dave Meltzer gave Jerry Jarrett the idea for that rule before TNA's inception for something that would make them different. Dave suggested no cheap title defence finishes. So I don't think it had anything to do with the NWA part of it. As for the topic at hand theres a way around it I think, even in TEW 2005. Just book a title match, have the champ lose by DQ, but dont put tainted win or cheap finish, and I believe you'll have a title change.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;162430]According to Dave himself, Dave Meltzer gave Jerry Jarrett the idea for that rule before TNA's inception for something that would make them different. Dave suggested no cheap title defence finishes. So I don't think it had anything to do with the NWA part of it. As for the topic at hand theres a way around it I think, even in TEW 2005. Just book a title match, have the champ lose by DQ, but dont put tainted win or cheap finish, and I believe you'll have a title change.[/QUOTE] maybe but it was an nwa rule for the past decade

Yeah AJPW's had a rule like that during the 90s--hadn't watched it in awhile so I wouldn't know if they still have it. Promotion specific rules would be cool--or matches (with their rules included) made specific to that promotio. Kind of like the Hell in a Cell and Elimination Chamber in WWE or the Ultimate X in TNA. You know, the promotion is known as the originator of or the owner of a specific match type. ...not that it would stop someone else's promotion from using it. I mean NWA Anarchy used the War Games Cage Match...it's not exactly like WCW's War Games, but it's still War Games.

Archived