the GDS 'best song ever' Qualifying round

panix04

[B]Ghetto Bastard - naughty by nature[/B] Anywhere But Here - k.d. lang American Pie - Don McLean [B]Becoming X - Sneaker Pimps[/B] Guard Your Grill - naughty by nature [B]Starman - David Bowie[/B] Mnemic - Overdose In The Hall Of Fame [B]Hells Bells - AC/DC[/B] Country Roads - Any version [B]Tip Drill - Nelly[/B] Ajattara - Haureus [B]Saliva - Faultline[/B] [B]Jungle love - the time[/B] Hotel California - the eagles Breaking Benjamin - Evil Angel [B]OFortuna - From Karl Orffs Carmian Burana[/B] Ajattara - Naaras [B]Daydreaming (the whole album) - Morris Day[/B] Disappoint - Assemblege 23 [B]Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana[/B] [B]Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix[/B] brown eyed girl - Van Morrison [B]Heroes - David Bowie[/B] Everythign Zen - Bush [B]Emerge - Fisherspooner[/B] Damn Right, Ive Got The Blues-Buddy Guy Staind - Zoe Jane [B]Sober - Tool[/B] Crawling - Lincoln Park [B]I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Beatles[/B] [B]30 Seconds To Mars - R-Evolve[/B] only god can judge me - 2pac [B]Creep - Radiohead[/B] papaz song - 2pac [B]The Show Must Go On - Queen[/B] If the Kid Cant Make You Come - The Time [B]Dont Stop Me Now - Queen[/B] I Bet that you Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys [B]Mother-Danzig[/B] Mnemic - Dreamstate Emergency 30 Seconds To Mars - Saviour [B]Hurt (cover of a Nine Inch Nails Song) - Johnny Cash[/B] [B]Rebel Without A Pause-Public Enemy[/B] Philosophers Stone - Van Morrison Cherchez La Ghost-Ghostface Killah [B]Power Pill Pacman - Aphex Twin[/B] Mirical - Whitney Houston [B]Give Me Back My Wig-Hound Dog Taylor[/B] f- the world - 2pac [B]Rhapsody in Blue - Gershwin[/B] [B]Ruff Ryder Anthem - DMX[/B] street spirit (fade out) radio head [B]My Own Worst Enemy - Lint[/B] Out of the Blue & Into the Black - Neil Young & Crazy Horse White Stripes - Seven Nation Army [B]U2 - One[/B] War Machine - Kiss [B]Spirit In The Sky - Greenbau[/B] Base, beats and Melody - Brookly Bounce [B]Brass Money - Beastie Boys[/B] [B]The Fight Song = Marilyn Manson[/B] Tubthumping - Chumbawumba [B]Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy[/B] Phat Bass - Warp Brothers vs Aquagen [B]Cold Water - Tom Waits[/B] Ambitionz Az A Ridah - 2Pac [B]Mars - From Holsts The Plaents[/B] dear mama - 2pac [B]When the Stars Go Blue - The Coors featuring Bono[/B] One Headlight - The Wallflowers Adema - Giving In [B]Love Tain - The OJays[/B] [B]Ace of Spades-Motorhead[/B] Better Than Making Love,- Chante Moore [B]Clocks - Coldplay[/B] Feel me Flow - naughty by nature Powerman 5000 - Action [B]Lets Get It on - Marvin Gaye[/B] [B]More Human Than Human - White Zombie[/B] Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies [B]Pagan Poetry-Bjork[/B] meet virgina - train I Hope That I Dont Fall In Love With You - Tom Waits [B]Head Like A Hole - Nine Inch Nails[/B] [B]So What? - Minsitry[/B] Headhunter - Front 242 Down with the Sickness - Disturbed [B]God of Thunder - Kiss[/B] Living In The Movies - Bad Brains [B]Sahke That Ass - Mystical[/B] Got Your Money - Ol Dirty Bastard featuring Kelis [B]Its Like that - Run DMC[/B] Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson [B]Gunman - Funkervogt[/B] Criticize - Alexander ONeal [B]Hurt - Rapture[/B] [B]Thorns (Distant Vocal Version) - Wumpscut[/B] Nookie - Limp Bizkit [B]Porcelian - Moby[/B] I Am A Revenant-The Distillers [B]Two Steps Behind - Def Leppard[/B] When I Fall - Barenaked Ladies [B]Mnemic - Silver Drop[/B] One moment in time - Whitney Houston When you were young - killers [B]Blue Öyster Cult - (Dont Fear) The Reaper[/B] [B]Rock and Roll Suicide - David Bowie[/B] Baskt Case - Green Day The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby & the Range [B]After The Flesh - My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult[/B] [B]Smoke One - Mystikal[/B] Searchin - Chante moore Window-Fiona Apple [B]More than Words - Extreme[/B] [B]Creep - Radiohead[/B] Saliva - Lackluster [B]Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour[/B] Prime Audio Soup - Meat Beat Manifesto One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer-John Lee Hooker [B]Hey Jude by The Beatles[/B] [B]Check The Rhyme-A Tribe Called Quest[/B] Rid of Me-PJ Harvey Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden [B]Unsung - Helemt[/B] Zero Nine (an old finnish band)- Dump Me [B]Anthem For a New Tomorrow - Screeching Weasel[/B] Gangstas paradise - Coolio [B]Hysteria - Def Leppard[/B] Eat the Rich - Aerosmith [B]Dream On - Aerosmith[/B] Indiscipline by King Crimson [B]Anything by Buckethead[/B] [B]Steel Rose - Project Pitchfork[/B] Surrender - Cheap Trick [B]Whats Going On? - Marvin Gaye[/B] Bye Bye Bird-Sonny Boy Williamson [B]Barbers Adagio for Strings in C Minor[/B] Wyclef Jean - Gone to November Rebel Rebel - David Bowie [B]TNT - AC/DC[/B] Dont Stop Believing - Journey [B]Kiss from a Rose - Seal[/B] [B]No Woman, No Cry - Bob Marley & The Wailers[/B] Still - Diana King [B]Between the Sheets - The Isley Brothers[/B] drops of jupiter - train [B]The Call of Ktulu-Metallica[/B] jerk out - the time I Sit Away - Boyz II Men [B]Book of Days - Enya[/B] [B]REM - Everybody Hurts[/B] Id do anything for Love - Meatloaf [B]My Name IS - Eminem[/B] God Gave Rock & Roll To You - Kiss

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was hard and I had to listen to a lot of songs just to get it right. So here are the problems as I see them. If you don't know both songs you don't vote seems easy enough. But if you know one song and not the other are people voting for the song they know of without listening to the other. Just because you haven't heard soemthing it doesn't mean you aren't going to like it. Their were a lot of songs I'd never heard and even a few bands I've never heard of and am now gonna have to buy albums for, but for those people who didn't listen to the other song before voting the unknown song is not getting a fair shake.

[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;162626]This was hard and I had to listen to a lot of songs just to get it right. So here are the problems as I see them. If you don't know both songs you don't vote seems easy enough. But if you know one song and not the other are people voting for the song they know of without listening to the other. Just because you haven't heard soemthing it doesn't mean you aren't going to like it. Their were a lot of songs I'd never heard and even a few bands I've never heard of and am now gonna have to buy albums for, but for those people who didn't listen to the other song before voting the unknown song is not getting a fair shake.[/QUOTE] I don't know about everyone else but i've only voted if I know both songs, the exception being if the song I do know was from my original list. Anyway, you get a thumbs up from me for voting for The Fight Song over Tubthumping! :) I think the hardest one for me to decide on was Voodoo Child or Brown Eyed Girl, both fantastic songs by fantastic artists.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;162631]I don't know about everyone else but i've only voted if I know both songs, the exception being if the song I do know was from my original list. Anyway, you get a thumbs up from me for voting for The Fight Song over Tubthumping! :) I think the hardest one for me to decide on was Voodoo Child or Brown Eyed Girl, both fantastic songs by fantastic artists.[/QUOTE] Hendrix is a Legend!!!!! He tops that song easily...

I think my biggest problem was that because my list was so freakin' big there were at least three instances were both songs were from my list. Some of the choices were easy like Smells Like Teen Spirit and So What? but Brass Monkey and Smack My Bitch Up were tougher choices. Anyway good to know if you only knew one you didn't vote. I took a few hours to find on Real Rhapsody or download the songs I couldn't find their. I actually voted against a few of my own picks here and there. As for Manson and Chumpawuma, I'll admit Tubthumping is catchy and if it's played at a bar I'll sing along but I'm more into beat ass songs then catchy songs so Manson all the way.

[QUOTE=panix04;162528] Ghetto Bastard - naughty by nature Anywhere But Here - k.d. lang [B]American Pie - Don McLean[/B] Becoming X - Sneaker Pimps Guard Your Grill - naughty by nature [B]Starman - David Bowie[/B] Mnemic - Overdose In The Hall Of Fame [B]Hells Bells - AC/DC[/B] [B]Country Roads - Any version[/B] Tip Drill - Nelly Ajattara - Haureus Saliva - Faultline Jungle love - the time [B]Hotel California - the eagles[/B] Breaking Benjamin - Evil Angel [B]OFortuna - From Karl Orffs Carmian Burana[/B] Ajattara - Naaras Daydreaming (the whole album) - Morris Day Disappoint - Assemblege 23 [B]Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana[/B] Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix [B]brown eyed girl - Van Morrison[/B] Heroes - David Bowie Everythign Zen - Bush Emerge - Fisherspooner Damn Right, Ive Got The Blues-Buddy Guy Staind - Zoe Jane Sober - Tool Crawling - Lincoln Park [B]I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Beatles[/B] 30 Seconds To Mars - R-Evolve only god can judge me - 2pac Creep - Radiohead papaz song - 2pac [B]The Show Must Go On - Queen[/B] If the Kid Cant Make You Come - The Time [B]Dont Stop Me Now - Queen[/B] I Bet that you Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys Mother-Danzig Mnemic - Dreamstate Emergency 30 Seconds To Mars - Saviour Hurt (cover of a Nine Inch Nails Song) - Johnny Cash Rebel Without A Pause-Public Enemy Philosophers Stone - Van Morrison Cherchez La Ghost-Ghostface Killah Power Pill Pacman - Aphex Twin Mirical - Whitney Houston Give Me Back My Wig-Hound Dog Taylor f- the world - 2pac Rhapsody in Blue - Gershwin Ruff Ryder Anthem - DMX street spirit (fade out) radio head My Own Worst Enemy - Lint Out of the Blue & Into the Black - Neil Young & Crazy Horse White Stripes - Seven Nation Army [B]U2 - One[/B] War Machine - Kiss Spirit In The Sky - Greenbau Base, beats and Melody - Brookly Bounce Brass Money - Beastie Boys The Fight Song = Marilyn Manson [B]Tubthumping - Chumbawumba[/B] Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy Phat Bass - Warp Brothers vs Aquagen Cold Water - Tom Waits Ambitionz Az A Ridah - 2Pac Mars - From Holsts The Plaents dear mama - 2pac [B]When the Stars Go Blue - The Coors featuring Bono[/B] One Headlight - The Wallflowers Adema - Giving In Love Tain - The OJays [B]Ace of Spades-Motorhead[/B] Better Than Making Love,- Chante Moore [B]Clocks - Coldplay[/B] Feel me Flow - naughty by nature Powerman 5000 - Action Lets Get It on - Marvin Gaye More Human Than Human - White Zombie Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies Pagan Poetry-Bjork meet virgina - train I Hope That I Dont Fall In Love With You - Tom Waits Head Like A Hole - Nine Inch Nails So What? - Minsitry Headhunter - Front 242 Down with the Sickness - Disturbed God of Thunder - Kiss Living In The Movies - Bad Brains Sahke That Ass - Mystical Got Your Money - Ol Dirty Bastard featuring Kelis [B]Its Like that - Run DMC[/B] [B]Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson[/B] Gunman - Funkervogt [B]Criticize - Alexander ONeal[/B] Hurt - Rapture Thorns (Distant Vocal Version) - Wumpscut Nookie - Limp Bizkit Porcelian - Moby I Am A Revenant-The Distillers [B]Two Steps Behind - Def Leppard[/B] When I Fall - Barenaked Ladies Mnemic - Silver Drop [B]One moment in time - Whitney Houston[/B] [B]When you were young - killers[/B] Blue Öyster Cult - (Dont Fear) The Reaper Rock and Roll Suicide - David Bowie Baskt Case - Green Day [B]The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby & the Range[/B] After The Flesh - My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult Smoke One - Mystikal Searchin - Chante moore Window-Fiona Apple [B]More than Words - Extreme[/B] Creep - Radiohead Saliva - Lackluster Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour Prime Audio Soup - Meat Beat Manifesto One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer-John Lee Hooker [B]Hey Jude by The Beatles[/B] Check The Rhyme-A Tribe Called Quest Rid of Me-PJ Harvey Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden Unsung - Helemt Zero Nine (an old finnish band)- Dump Me Anthem For a New Tomorrow - Screeching Weasel Gangstas paradise - Coolio [B]Hysteria - Def Leppard[/B] Eat the Rich - Aerosmith Dream On - Aerosmith Indiscipline by King Crimson Anything by Buckethead Steel Rose - Project Pitchfork Surrender - Cheap Trick [B]Whats Going On? - Marvin Gaye[/B] Bye Bye Bird-Sonny Boy Williamson Barbers Adagio for Strings in C Minor Wyclef Jean - Gone to November Rebel Rebel - David Bowie TNT - AC/DC Dont Stop Believing - Journey [B]Kiss from a Rose - Seal[/B] [B]No Woman, No Cry - Bob Marley & The Wailers[/B] Still - Diana King Between the Sheets - The Isley Brothers [B]drops of jupiter - train[/B] The Call of Ktulu-Metallica jerk out - the time I Sit Away - Boyz II Men Book of Days - Enya REM - Everybody Hurts [B]Id do anything for Love - Meatloaf[/B] My Name IS - Eminem [B]God Gave Rock & Roll To You - Kiss[/B][/QUOTE] ...

[B]Ghetto Bastard - naughty by nature[/B] Anywhere But Here - k.d. lang American Pie - Don McLean [B]Becoming X - Sneaker Pimps[/B] Guard Your Grill - naughty by nature [B]Starman - David Bowie[/B] Mnemic - Overdose In The Hall Of Fame [B]Hells Bells - AC/DC[/B] [B] Country Roads - Any version[/B] Tip Drill - Nelly [B]Ajattara - Haureus[/B] Saliva - Faultline Jungle love - the time [B]Hotel California - the eagles[/B] Breaking Benjamin - Evil Angel [B]OFortuna - From Karl Orffs Carmian Burana[/B] [B]Ajattara - Naaras[/B] Daydreaming (the whole album) - Morris Day Disappoint - Assemblege 23 [B]Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana[/B] [B]Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix[/B] brown eyed girl - Van Morrison [B]Heroes - David Bowie[/B] Everythign Zen - Bush Emerge - Fisherspooner [B]Damn Right, Ive Got The Blues-Buddy Guy[/B] Staind - Zoe Jane [B]Sober - Tool[/B] Crawling - Lincoln Park [B]I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Beatles[/B] [B]30 Seconds To Mars - R-Evolve[/B] only god can judge me - 2pac [B]Creep - Radiohead[/B] papaz song - 2pac [B]The Show Must Go On - Queen[/B] If the Kid Cant Make You Come - The Time [B]Dont Stop Me Now - Queen[/B] I Bet that you Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys [B]Mother-Danzig[/B] Mnemic - Dreamstate Emergency 30 Seconds To Mars - Saviour [B]Hurt (cover of a Nine Inch Nails Song) - Johnny Cash[/B] [B]Rebel Without A Pause-Public Enemy[/B] Philosophers Stone - Van Morrison [B]Cherchez La Ghost-Ghostface Killah[/B] Power Pill Pacman - Aphex Twin Mirical - Whitney Houston [B]Give Me Back My Wig-Hound Dog Taylor[/B] f- the world - 2pac [B]Rhapsody in Blue - Gershwin[/B] Ruff Ryder Anthem - DMX [B]street spirit (fade out) radio head[/B] My Own Worst Enemy - Lint [B]Out of the Blue & Into the Black - Neil Young & Crazy Horse[/B] [B]White Stripes - Seven Nation Army[/B] U2 - One [B]War Machine - Kiss[/B] Spirit In The Sky - Greenbau Base, beats and Melody - Brookly Bounce [B]Brass Money - Beastie Boys[/B] [B]The Fight Song = Marilyn Manson[/B] Tubthumping - Chumbawumba [B]Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy[/B] Phat Bass - Warp Brothers vs Aquagen [B]Cold Water - Tom Waits[/B] Ambitionz Az A Ridah - 2Pac [B]Mars - From Holsts The Plaents[/B] dear mama - 2pac When the Stars Go Blue - The Coors featuring Bono [B]One Headlight - The Wallflowers[/B] Adema - Giving In [B]Love Tain - The OJays[/B] [B]Ace of Spades-Motorhead[/B] Better Than Making Love,- Chante Moore Clocks - Coldplay [B]Feel me Flow - naughty by nature[/B] Powerman 5000 - Action [B]Lets Get It on - Marvin Gaye[/B] [B]More Human Than Human - White Zombie[/B] Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies [B]Pagan Poetry-Bjork[/B] meet virgina - train I Hope That I Dont Fall In Love With You - Tom Waits [B]Head Like A Hole - Nine Inch Nails[/B] [B]So What? - Minsitry[/B] Headhunter - Front 242 Down with the Sickness - Disturbed [B]God of Thunder - Kiss[/B] [B]Living In The Movies - Bad Brains[/B] Sahke That Ass - Mystical Got Your Money - Ol Dirty Bastard featuring Kelis [B]Its Like that - Run DMC[/B] Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson [B]Gunman - Funkervogt[/B] Criticize - Alexander ONeal [B]Hurt - Rapture[/B] [B] Thorns (Distant Vocal Version) - Wumpscut[/B] Nookie - Limp Bizkit Porcelian - Moby [B]I Am A Revenant-The Distillers[/B] [B]Two Steps Behind - Def Leppard[/B] When I Fall - Barenaked Ladies [B]Mnemic - Silver Drop[/B] One moment in time - Whitney Houston When you were young - killers [B]Blue Öyster Cult - (Dont Fear) The Reaper[/B] Rock and Roll Suicide - David Bowie [B]Baskt Case - Green Day[/B] The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby & the Range [B]After The Flesh - My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult[/B] Smoke One - Mystikal [B]Searchin - Chante moore[/B] [B]Window-Fiona Apple[/B] More than Words - Extreme [B]Creep - Radiohead[/B] Saliva - Lackluster [B]Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour[/B] Prime Audio Soup - Meat Beat Manifesto One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer-John Lee Hooker [B]Hey Jude by The Beatles[/B] [SIZE="2"]Damn one of my favorite songs had to go up against "Hey Jude", that was a very tough call[/SIZE] Check The Rhyme-A Tribe Called Quest [B]Rid of Me-PJ Harvey[/B] [B]Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden[/B] Unsung - Helemt Zero Nine (an old finnish band)- Dump Me [B]Anthem For a New Tomorrow - Screeching Weasel[/B] Gangstas paradise - Coolio [B]Hysteria - Def Leppard[/B] [B]Eat the Rich - Aerosmith[/B] Dream On - Aerosmith Indiscipline by King Crimson [B]Anything by Buckethead[/B] [B]Steel Rose - Project Pitchfork[/B] Surrender - Cheap Trick Whats Going On? - Marvin Gaye [B]Bye Bye Bird-Sonny Boy Williamson[/B] [B]Barbers Adagio for Strings in C Minor[/B] Wyclef Jean - Gone to November Rebel Rebel - David Bowie [B]TNT - AC/DC[/B] Dont Stop Believing - Journey [B]Kiss from a Rose - Seal[/B] [SIZE="2"]Damn both these songs suck, lesser of two evils I guess[/SIZE] [B]No Woman, No Cry - Bob Marley & The Wailers[/B] Still - Diana King [B]Between the Sheets - The Isley Brothers[/B] drops of jupiter - train [B]The Call of Ktulu-Metallica[/B] jerk out - the time I Sit Away - Boyz II Men Book of Days - Enya [SIZE="2"]I refuse to vote on these :eek: [/SIZE] REM - Everybody Hurts [B]Id do anything for Love - Meatloaf[/B] My Name IS - Eminem [B]God Gave Rock & Roll To You - Kiss[/B]

[B]Ghetto Bastard - naughty by nature[/B] Anywhere But Here - k.d. lang [B]American Pie - Don McLean[/B] Becoming X - Sneaker Pimps Guard Your Grill - naughty by nature [B]Starman - David Bowie[/B] Mnemic - Overdose In The Hall Of Fame [B]Hells Bells - AC/DC[/B] [B]Country Roads - Any version[/B] Tip Drill - Nelly Ajattara - Haureus Saliva - Faultline Jungle love - the time [B]Hotel California - the eagles[/B] Breaking Benjamin - Evil Angel [B]OFortuna - From Karl Orffs Carmian Burana[/B] Lol, is there a more one-sided contest than this bracket? Ajattara - Naaras Daydreaming (the whole album) - Morris Day Disappoint - Assemblege 23 [B]Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana[/B] [B]Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix[/B] brown eyed girl - Van Morrison [B]Heroes - David Bowie[/B] Everythign Zen - Bush Emerge - Fisherspooner [B]Damn Right, Ive Got The Blues-Buddy Guy[/B] [B]Staind - Zoe Jane[/B] Sober - Tool [B]Crawling - Lincoln Park[/B] I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Beatles 30 Seconds To Mars - R-Evolve [B]only god can judge me - 2pac[/B] [B]Creep - Radiohead[/B] papaz song - 2pac [B]The Show Must Go On - Queen[/B] If the Kid Cant Make You Come - The Time [B]Dont Stop Me Now - Queen[/B] I Bet that you Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys *I look at all the crap on here and these two great ones are bracketed off? Poor show! Mother-Danzig Mnemic - Dreamstate Emergency 30 Seconds To Mars - Saviour [B]Hurt (cover of a Nine Inch Nails Song) - Johnny Cash[/B] Rebel Without A Pause-Public Enemy [B]Philosophers Stone - Van Morrison[/B] [B]Cherchez La Ghost-Ghostface Killah[/B] Power Pill Pacman - Aphex Twin Mirical - Whitney Houston [B]Give Me Back My Wig-Hound Dog Taylor[/B] f- the world - 2pac [B]Rhapsody in Blue - Gershwin[/B] Ruff Ryder Anthem - DMX street spirit (fade out) radio head [B]My Own Worst Enemy - Lint[/B] Out of the Blue & Into the Black - Neil Young & Crazy Horse [B]White Stripes - Seven Nation Army[/B] U2 - One [B]War Machine - Kiss[/B] Spirit In The Sky - Greenbau [B]Base, beats and Melody - Brookly Bounce[/B] Brass Money - Beastie Boys [B]The Fight Song = Marilyn Manson[/B] Tubthumping - Chumbawumba [B]Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy[/B] Phat Bass - Warp Brothers vs Aquagen Cold Water - Tom Waits [B]Ambitionz Az A Ridah - 2Pac[/B] [B]Mars - From Holsts The Plaents[/B] dear mama - 2pac When the Stars Go Blue - The Coors featuring Bono One Headlight - The Wallflowers [B]Adema - Giving In[/B] Love Tain - The OJays [B]Ace of Spades-Motorhead[/B] Better Than Making Love,- Chante Moore [B]Clocks - Coldplay[/B] Feel me Flow - naughty by nature Powerman 5000 - Action [B]Lets Get It on - Marvin Gaye[/B] Clearly there is a more one-sided bracket. More Human Than Human - White Zombie Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies Pagan Poetry-Bjork [B]meet virgina - train[/B] I Hope That I Dont Fall In Love With You - Tom Waits [B]Head Like A Hole - Nine Inch Nails[/B] So What? - Minsitry Headhunter - Front 242 [B]Down with the Sickness - Disturbed[/B] God of Thunder - Kiss Living In The Movies - Bad Brains [B]Sahke That Ass - Mystical[/B] Got Your Money - Ol Dirty Bastard featuring Kelis [B]Its Like that - Run DMC[/B] [B]Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson[/B] Gunman - Funkervogt Criticize - Alexander ONeal [B]Hurt - Rapture[/B] Thorns (Distant Vocal Version) - Wumpscut [B]Nookie - Limp Bizkit[/B] [B]Porcelian - Moby[/B] I Am A Revenant-The Distillers Two Steps Behind - Def Leppard [B]When I Fall - Barenaked Ladies[/B] [B]Mnemic - Silver Drop[/B] One moment in time - Whitney Houston Anything but Whitney [B]When you were young - killers[/B] Blue Öyster Cult - (Dont Fear) The Reaper Rock and Roll Suicide - David Bowie [B]Baskt Case - Green Day[/B] The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby & the Range After The Flesh - My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult Smoke One - Mystikal Searchin - Chante moore Window-Fiona Apple More than Words - Extreme [B]Creep - Radiohead[/B] Saliva - Lackluster [B]Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour[/B] Prime Audio Soup - Meat Beat Manifesto One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer-John Lee Hooker [B]Hey Jude by The Beatles[/B] Check The Rhyme-A Tribe Called Quest Rid of Me-PJ Harvey [B]Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden[/B] Unsung - Helemt Zero Nine (an old finnish band)- Dump Me Anthem For a New Tomorrow - Screeching Weasel [B]Gangstas paradise - Coolio[/B] Hysteria - Def Leppard Eat the Rich - Aerosmith [B]Dream On - Aerosmith[/B] Indiscipline by King Crimson Anything by Buckethead Steel Rose - Project Pitchfork Surrender - Cheap Trick [B]Whats Going On? - Marvin Gaye[/B] Bye Bye Bird-Sonny Boy Williamson [B]Barbers Adagio for Strings in C Minor[/B] Wyclef Jean - Gone to November Wyclef can be gone for forever against the mighty Barber! [B]Rebel Rebel - David Bowie[/B] TNT - AC/DC Dont Stop Believing - Journey [B]Kiss from a Rose - Seal[/B] That's just mean, again you pick two of my songs against each other. Forcing me to choose the all-time drunken sing-along track!!!! [B]No Woman, No Cry - Bob Marley & The Wailers[/B] Still - Diana King Between the Sheets - The Isley Brothers [B]drops of jupiter - train[/B] The Call of Ktulu-Metallica jerk out - the time I Sit Away - Boyz II Men [B]Book of Days - Enya[/B] [B]REM - Everybody Hurts[/B] Id do anything for Love - Meatloaf [B]My Name IS - Eminem[/B] God Gave Rock & Roll To You - Kiss And to Undertaker, how can the greatest guitarist of all time be overrated. He's the best ever and he's overrated. That's like saying, "Oh, The Beatles. Yeah they weren't very popular!" CREEP IS ON THERE TWICE! SEEING AS I NOTICED FIRST, I DEMAND THAT YOU REPLACE ONE OF THEM WITH YESTERDAY BY THE BEATLES AND GIVE IT A BYE!

[QUOTE=TCP1;162647]And to Undertaker, how can the greatest guitarist of all time be overrated. He's the best ever and he's overrated. That's like saying, "Oh, The Beatles. Yeah they weren't very popular!" CREEP IS ON THERE TWICE! SEEING AS I NOTICED FIRST, I DEMAND THAT YOU REPLACE ONE OF THEM WITH YESTERDAY BY THE BEATLES AND GIVE IT A BYE![/QUOTE] It's simple really, he's not the greatest guitarist of all time, Eric Clapton is. :D And you aren't the first to mention Creep being on there twice, Wooodaddy's already mentioned it! :p

I don't think undertaker was saying (although I may be wrong) that Hendrix isn't a great guitar player, just that it may be over rating him by saying he's the greatest guitar player of all time. My UNcle and my Brother got into an argument over this smae topic at easter dinner this year my uncle (who is muscially inept) swore Hendrix was the greatest and my brother (a guitar player himself) said he asn't and that there were many greater guitar players then him he just was a great showman and a good but not great guitar player. My brother's choice for greatest guitar player Eric Clapton for his ability to play in about any style known to man and his techncial prowess onthe guitar. As a non-guitar player myself I say Hendrix is damn good maybe even great but I can see how some would think he wasn't the greatest. Edit: Typing while also trying to do work made this come after Undertakers last post but I guess I'll still speak for him anyway.

Yep, that's pretty much what i'm saying. If you scroll up, i've said that he's good and even called him "a fantastic artist", but to say he's the greatest.... nah, not in my eyes. The argument about who's the greatest guitar player always crops up somewhere and the three I normally hear mentioned are Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits. All three are good but in my opinion the award would go to Clapton every time. Watching Clapton play guitar is like watching someone breathe air, it just seems so natural to him.

[B]Ghetto Bastard - naughty by nature[/B] Anywhere But Here - k.d. lang American Pie - Don McLean [B]Becoming X - Sneaker Pimps[/B] Guard Your Grill - naughty by nature [B]Starman - David Bowie[/B] Mnemic - Overdose In The Hall Of Fame [B]Hells Bells - AC/DC[/B] [B]Country Roads - Any version[/B] Tip Drill - Nelly Ajattara - Haureus Saliva - Faultline [B](Saliva sucks & i've never heard Ajattara - NO VOTE)[/B] Jungle love - the time [B]Hotel California - the eagles[/B] [B]Breaking Benjamin - Evil Angel[/B] OFortuna - From Karl Orffs Carmian Burana Ajattara - Naaras Daydreaming (the whole album) - Morris Day [B](NO VOTE)[/B] Disappoint - Assemblege 23 [B]Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana[/B] [B]Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix[/B] brown eyed girl - Van Morrison Heroes - David Bowie [B]Everythign Zen - Bush[/B] Emerge - Fisherspooner Damn Right, Ive Got The Blues-Buddy Guy [B](NO VOTE)[/B] Staind - Zoe Jane [B]Sober - Tool[/B] Crawling - Lincoln Park [B]I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Beatles[/B] 30 Seconds To Mars - R-Evolve [B]only god can judge me - 2pac[/B] Creep - Radiohead [B]papaz song - 2pac[/B] The Show Must Go On - Queen If the Kid Cant Make You Come - The Time [B](NO VOTE)[/B] Dont Stop Me Now - Queen [B](NO VOTE)[/B] I Bet that you Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys [B]Mother-Danzig[/B] [B](HERE IS THE BEST OF THEM ALL)[/B] Mnemic - Dreamstate Emergency 30 Seconds To Mars - Saviour [B]Hurt (cover of a Nine Inch Nails Song) - Johnny Cash[/B] [B]Rebel Without A Pause-Public Enemy[/B] Philosophers Stone - Van Morrison Cherchez La Ghost-Ghostface Killah [B]Power Pill Pacman - Aphex Twin[/B] Mirical - Whitney Houston Give Me Back My Wig-Hound Dog Taylor [B] (NO VOTE)[/B] [B]f- the world - 2pac[/B] Rhapsody in Blue - Gershwin [B]Ruff Ryder Anthem - DMX[/B] street spirit (fade out) radio head My Own Worst Enemy - Lint [B]Out of the Blue & Into the Black - Neil Young & Crazy Horse[/B] White Stripes - Seven Nation Army U2 - One [B](NO VOTE)[/B] [B]War Machine - Kiss[/B] Spirit In The Sky - Greenbau Base, beats and Melody - Brookly Bounce [B]Brass Money - Beastie Boys[/B] [B]The Fight Song = Marilyn Manson[/B] Tubthumping - Chumbawumba [B]Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy[/B] Phat Bass - Warp Brothers vs Aquagen Cold Water - Tom Waits [B]Ambitionz Az A Ridah - 2Pac[/B] Mars - From Holsts The Plaents [B]dear mama - 2pac[/B] When the Stars Go Blue - The Coors featuring Bono One Headlight - The Wallflowers [B](NO VOTE)[/B] Adema - Giving In [B]Love Tain - The OJays[/B] [B]Ace of Spades-Motorhead[/B] Better Than Making Love,- Chante Moore [B]Clocks - Coldplay[/B] Feel me Flow - naughty by nature Powerman 5000 - Action [B]Lets Get It on - Marvin Gaye[/B] [B]More Human Than Human - White Zombie[/B] Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies [B]Pagan Poetry-Bjork[/B] meet virgina - train I Hope That I Dont Fall In Love With You - Tom Waits [B]Head Like A Hole - Nine Inch Nails[/B] [B]So What? - Minsitry[/B] Headhunter - Front 242 [B]Down with the Sickness - Disturbed[/B] [B](HATE THIS SO MUCH I LIKE IT)[/B] God of Thunder - Kiss Living In The Movies - Bad Brains [B]Sahke That Ass - Mystical[/B] [B]Got Your Money - Ol Dirty Bastard featuring Kelis[/B] Its Like that - Run DMC Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson Gunman - Funkervogt [B](NO VOTE)[/B] Criticize - Alexander ONeal Hurt - Rapture [B](NO VOTE)[/B] Thorns (Distant Vocal Version) - Wumpscut Nookie - Limp Bizkit [B](NO VOTE)[/B] [B]Porcelian - Moby[/B] I Am A Revenant-The Distillers [B]Two Steps Behind - Def Leppard[/B] When I Fall - Barenaked Ladies Mnemic - Silver Drop [B](NO VOTE)[/B] One moment in time - Whitney Houston When you were young - killers [B]Blue Öyster Cult - (Dont Fear) The Reaper[/B] Rock and Roll Suicide - David Bowie [B]Baskt Case - Green Day[/B] The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby & the Range [B]After The Flesh - My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult[/B] [B]Smoke One - Mystikal[/B] Searchin - Chante moore [B]Window-Fiona Apple[/B] More than Words - Extreme Creep - Radiohead [B](NO VOTE) CREEP'S ON HERE TWICE[/B] Saliva - Lackluster [B]Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour[/B] Prime Audio Soup - Meat Beat Manifesto One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer-John Lee Hooker [B]Hey Jude by The Beatles[/B] [B]Check The Rhyme-A Tribe Called Quest[/B] Rid of Me-PJ Harvey Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden [B]Unsung - Helemt[/B] [B]ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS[/B] Zero Nine (an old finnish band)- Dump Me [B](NO VOTE)[/B] Anthem For a New Tomorrow - Screeching Weasel [B]Gangstas paradise - Coolio[/B] Hysteria - Def Leppard Eat the Rich - Aerosmith [B]Dream On - Aerosmith[/B] Indiscipline by King Crimson [B]Anything by Buckethead[/B] Steel Rose - Project Pitchfork [B](NO VOTE)[/B] Surrender - Cheap Trick [B]Whats Going On? - Marvin Gaye[/B] Bye Bye Bird-Sonny Boy Williamson Barbers Adagio for Strings in C Minor [B]Wyclef Jean - Gone to November[/B] [B]Rebel Rebel - David Bowie[/B] TNT - AC/DC Dont Stop Believing - Journey [B]Kiss from a Rose - Seal[/B] [B]No Woman, No Cry - Bob Marley & The Wailers[/B] Still - Diana King [B]Between the Sheets - The Isley Brothers[/B] drops of jupiter - train [B]The Call of Ktulu-Metallica[/B] jerk out - the time I Sit Away - Boyz II Men [B]Book of Days - Enya[/B] REM - Everybody Hurts [B]Id do anything for Love - Meatloaf[/B] [B]My Name IS - Eminem[/B] God Gave Rock & Roll To You - Kiss a [B](NO VOTE)[/B] was given if (a)both bands/songs suck (b)i hadn't heard the song or the band (c)one song sucked and i hadn't heard the other

to the Hendrix supporters. He was a crappy guitarist. the best thing he could do was light his guitar on fire. and even that wasn't done well. I personally dislike Hendrix, and I think he was a crappy guitarist. I'm more inclined to Kurt Cobain, who also, isn't the greatest guitarist, but he more than made up for his sloppiness with his vocals :) good day. and wooooodaddy, Danzig was [b]much[/b] better with the Misfits, but Graves replaced him, and made them better :) i like both eras of Misfits, but lean more so to Graves era.

[QUOTE=DeadCeleb;162685] and wooooodaddy, Danzig was [b]much[/b] better with the Misfits, but Graves replaced him, and made them better :) i like both eras of Misfits, but lean more so to Graves era.[/QUOTE] yeah, the Misfits are great.. I only really like his first 3 solo albums and it went downhill w/ Danzig 4...

i think the dude from busted is the worlds best guitarist :D seriously though, sorry about the radiohead duplicate, i tried to get rid of the duplicates - im open to suggestions on how to rectify this situation. My thought is to give creep a bye (seeing as it has a gadzillion votes already and whoever has the most votes out of the 2 songs facing creep also go's through, but im open to suggestions.

Archived