Changing Player Faces ?

Just wondering if you can change the players' faces somehow. If so, I'd like to edit the teams to have this years real college players. Not that it matters too much what the faces look like when playing the game, but it would be kinda nice when pulling up their player card. To accomplish this, I'm going to convert the ratings for the players I have on NCAA Football 2007 (i bought it, but I'm really sick of playing "joystick" sports games, and I'm really liking BBCF). I'm thinking I'll be able to do this, and any extra players on the BBCF rosters can become players not on the console game. Thanks and keep up the great work! - Jeremy

Ok, yeah that makes sense. Here's an example of what I would like to be able to do: Let's say I want to change playerid 7206 Lets say he currently has these three faces: db001a, db001b + db001c How would I change that particular player to have these faces instead?: db506a, db506b + db506c

Found the answer Here is what I found searching around on the archived forums. It pretty much answers my question, and maybe it can be helpful to any other of you. I'm gonna try it right now and see if it works. [B][I]GaryStephen02-15-2006, 08:21 PM >>O.K., Gary, I downloaded your face packs and they really look good. My problem is, I don't know how to get them incorporated into the game. To use the pics, you have to unzip them into the Faces folder, where the default faces reside. They will not be used, however, until a new incoming class of players is generated. This happens when you start a new dynasty, or when the season rolls over. If you copy in the face files midseason, they will not be used until the next season's incoming class. (If they did, it would change the faces of existing players, which would be kinda disconerting.) >>is there a limit of 1000 faces per position? or can we add more to that? Yes and no. 1000 is the limit on randomly-generated new faces. The files are named from WR000-A.JPG through WR999-C.JPG as explained previously in this thread. However, you can manually assign a picture to each player by putting it in the Players folder. If a .JPG file in this folder has the same name as one of your players, that picture will be used instead of a random one. So if you don't like the face that the game gave someone, you can pick out whatever face you like, stick in the Players folder, and call it Gary_Stephen.jpg or whatever the player's name is. This face does not have to be one of the "1000 per position" faces. In this way, there can be more than 1000 faces per position. I've also given some preliminary thought to a method of expanding the random face pool beyond 1000. This could be done via writing your own face-assignment program that would circumvent the random faces, by coping them into the Players folder. Here's how it would work: 1. Create a folder that contains all the face images you might ever want to use. As many as you want. 2. Create a program that will access the game file that contains the names of the incoming player pool. 3. For each incoming player name: a. Program will pick a random JPG for this player b. Program will copy that JPG to Players folder c. Program will give the JPG the same name as the player, as explained above You could also control other aspects of the naming process, such as having categories beyond white/black (such as Asian/Hispanic/Pacific Islander/etc), more or fewer position splits, and do other interesting things like assign faces based on the person's randomly-generated name (so you don't get black guys from Vermont named Humberto Nguyen). I'm thinking of writing my own program that would handle both names and faces for incoming players. (It could do hometowns/high schools too, but I think the BBCF default list for hometowns is very good.) You'd run my program, and it would replace all the default names/faces with more realistic and interesting ones. >>I'll guarantee that if I get a recruit with that Dwyane Wade pic, I'm taking him. Similarly, if I see Todd MacCullough, I might have to uninstall the game... I wasn't aware Dwayne Wade was in the set. The original set was made by the late Maximus a couple years ago, and he used pictures of basketball and hockey players. I didn't, but I added pretty much every face I could find in all the non-NFL pro leagues. So if someone goes from NFL Europe or the CFL to NFL stardom, his face is probably in there somewhere too. There are also college players, but I tried to stick to little-used seniors (as opposed to people whose faces would be recognizable IRL).[/I][/B]

YEAH GO JAGUARS!!! Well, I've decided to scrap my idea of changing the player faces. I'm just gonna try and match up as many real players with faces that I can and if a few of them don't match up, no biggie. I'll use my imagination, :-). Plus it would take probably forever and i'm hoping just redoing the ratings for each player wont take forever either. Thanks for all your help guys. -Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE]However, you can manually assign a picture to each player by putting it in the Players folder. If a .JPG file in this folder has the same name as one of your players, that picture will be used instead of a random one. So if you don't like the face that the game gave someone, you can pick out whatever face you like, stick in the Players folder, and call it Gary_Stephen.jpg or whatever the player's name is. This face does not have to be one of the "1000 per position" faces. In this way, there can be more than 1000 faces per position.[/QUOTE] jlemmen43, did you figure out how to do this? The post seems vague because I have no clue where to put this "player folder" and can't find them anywhere. I'm trying to make my team "real" as well and would like to match up some players with the faces I find appropriate.

I have been working on a roster set with some nice results. Are you guys still attempting to make real rosters? I have several complete teams finished. I have also added in all of the award winners for 2006 and everyone for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team all america. Let me know if you are interested in working on this project.

[QUOTE=underlined.i;169127]jlemmen43, did you figure out how to do this? The post seems vague because I have no clue where to put this "player folder" and can't find them anywhere. I'm trying to make my team "real" as well and would like to match up some players with the faces I find appropriate.[/QUOTE] The "player" folder is already made in the BowlBound main directory. I tried to rename the pictures as the name of the player and then place it in the player folder. But I have never got it to work. What you could do to go around this problem is to change the player's positions during camp. then you could have the right amount of white/black/hawaiian QBs that correspond to the real team. I gave up on the making real rosters. I am changing names of players though, and adding names to the first and last name databases. so if you ever figure out how to change the faces, i'd be very interested. Good luck, and talk to DocStevens about making a real roster. I think he's pretty determined and has had some success already. Sorry i couldnt help more.

[QUOTE]The "player" folder is already made in the BowlBound main directory. I tried to rename the pictures as the name of the player and then place it in the player folder. But I have never got it to work.[/QUOTE] I can't get it to work either. I've tried what seems like a million different things. The thing for me isn't about race or whatever of player positions. In my personal League I am trying to create the 2001 Hurricanes and start from there. So I want to match one of the faces that looks like Ed Reed to Ed Reed, Andre Johnson to Andre Johnson and so on. So it appears that's not really going to happen either. What I've done is at the very beginning go into player editor and when I see a face that I feel could match one of these players I just change his position and name.

[QUOTE=underlined.i;169566]What I've done is at the very beginning go into player editor and when I see a face that I feel could match one of these players I just change his position and name.[/QUOTE] Yeah thats looks to be about the only thing you can do. Great game regardless. Ed Reed's the man!

Archived