face maker or the like...?

I don't know how Sim's is, but the Movie's starmaker seems a bit limited. However, it does seem very fast and all... I just downloaded the demo to check it out. I wanted to know, how do you save a picture file then? Or is that not an option for the demo? The limitations I was speaking of, are bassically, your limited to just the face, and the different feature's of it are limited. You can make alot of different heads, but they are limited to what hair, etc. you can put on them. At least in the few minutes I've messed with it. The overall biggest difference in it, well... I am dissagreeing with someone here, but it's the way they look. It's alot faster then Poser/Dazz, however, your not limited in either one of those, pluss... You can have almost photorealistic models in them. Meaning, it just depends on the quality of your texture's as to how "real" they can look. They are able to make things that are very realistic looking, whereas with the movie's, your going to have a cartoonish person no matter what (color's and all).

Obviously they're not to the same sort of realistic standard, but for ease of use, there's no reason you couldn't just use one of the hundreds of online avatar creators, such as WeeMees. Personally, [url]http://www.sp-studio.de/[/url] - which create South Park-style characters - did the job for me, although now I've learned DAZ (or at least part of it?) is free, I'm going to toy with that, see what I can pick up.

Hi guys I'm Alan, I was the orignal poser maker and have made most of the poser images you see in the game (tommy cornell, christian faith and such) Poser is really really easy to use, whats difficult is getting a hold of all the skin textures, hair, clothes, etc you need to make everyone look different and good. It honestly doesnt have much of a learning curve but dont expect awesome images from teh basic stand alone programs. you need a catelogue of stuff to mix and match.

Lol, You always get caught Gaz! I haven't been counting, but it sure shows that Adam does indeed read EVERYTHING, lol. I've been an off and on Poser user since, well, Poser. I had Poser before by Metacreations, instead of Curious Labs, for example... and my biggest complaint about this particular product is simple... Rendering time. (I'm talking a full scene, with background props and such as well) Just one complete scene is bad enough, then when you get into animation, it takes a bit less time, far as if you were counting the frames... For example, if you animate 30 frames, and save it into a video file... it takes a bit of time, but not 30 times longer. I don't understand why one single render takes so long. With the addition of different rendition utilities, they have come up with faster renders then like the 1st one, but in all, the program has never had major improvement's (overall) from one poser to the next. I found it very, very, very, easy to use though. You have a world of things, renderosity.com for example, is a great place to start you out. DAZ3d always has little sample's and freebies that can be quite usefull if your into something more then heads..... Poser for making face's is very simple to use though. I think outside of what was mentioned already (textures, etc.) you should also look at deformer's and Morph targets (unless your using the Daz family of Vicky and Mike, millenium kids, or the newest version's of Poser, I believe you need what is called "Injector's" first, which then allows you to use Morph targets, etc.. lol. MOST OF THE USEFULL THINGS FOR POSER, are going to be found at "other" websights, and quite a huge assortment are free. The cost of the program is just WAY over the top though, not as much now as it was when if first come out (Like 800$). It's a nice program, but it's not really cutting edge. I bought the Movie's by the way, whoever suggested that.... I tried it out and liked it so much I bought it.. Now I can make movie's for all the kids in my family, lol.

Not sure about older versions of poser, but in Poser 6/7 you can actually grow/style dynamic hair in the hair room. I haven't played around with it much other than doing a couple simple things. Other than that you basically need prop based hair wich is modeled in another modeling program (so either purchase or find free hair). "The cost of the program is just WAY over the top though, not as much now as it was when if first come out (Like 800$). It's a nice program, but it's not really cutting edge." Yep definitely not for everyone and I wouldn't recommend it if all your using it for is TEW. DAZ Studio is a good place to start since its currently free (not as powerful) and alot of Poser content will work with studio but it sometimes needs some tweaking (Poser does lighting slightly different and textures made specifically for Poser need tweaking to look good in studio). I also think Studio is an easier tool to learn if you've never done any 3D before.

"Poser for making face's is very simple to use though. I think outside of what was mentioned already (textures, etc.) you should also look at deformer's and Morph targets (unless your using the Daz family of Vicky and Mike, millenium kids, or the newest version's of Poser, I believe you need what is called "Injector's" first, which then allows you to use Morph targets, etc.. lol." Ah but I forgot that Deformer is a plugin for studio that will cost some cash...and I can't remember if Morph loader is included in the free version of DAZ Studio. The base figues in the DAZ family have simple morphs, the poser family (Jesse/James) seem to include more straight out of the box. Injectors are basically a way to add additional morphs to a figure.

I know it's not as fancy as using a 3rd party program and doing it from scratch...but...I've used the various video games on PS2 available and just grabbed some screen shots from there using the different edit modes. I particularly like using All Star Wrestling III faces, over the Smackdown (Crapthrown?) games, but I can grab from there too. Or from DoR 2, or basically any game. Instead of buying an expensive program...I bought a less expensive video capture device.

Archived