(OOC: Something fun to do while waiting for '07. Got the idea from watching CHIKARA and midnightnick's post in the TEW07 forum, don't expect this to be groundbreaking, I'm just lookin' for fun.) The time is June of 2006, a mere few weeks after we last stopped in on the Cornellverse. All the wrestling fan wake up and check their internet dirt sheets to see Enygma had taken the belt off Steve Frehley at the last SWF event. But, to their suprise, that wasn't the headline today. No, backstage, Rich Eisen got a bad case of foot in mouth syndrome after getting into a very violent confrontation with Sam Keith, which ended with Keith informing Eisen of his intentions of going elsewere for employment. Eisen laughed it off and departed to his limo, but when he woke up the next morning, it was no laughing matter. Keith wasn't bluffing, he had resigned from SWF, but suprisingly, to form his own promotion. See, Keith always had a fondness for lucha libre, as it had become a large part of his early career. He felt America needed to see why he had loved the sport so much, and as such, he announced on a webcasted press conference on MyTube that he was opening up SUMATRA, a lucha promotion with an emphasis on the vibrant colors, entertaining characters, and high paced action that held such a large part of his heart. He then introduced his first three workers, whom jumped ship from SWF with him upon word of his intentions... The Underwater Union!!! So, SWF lost four workers in one night, and Keith had his poster children for him SUMATRA was going to look. Will the wrestling world have any interest in this new business endeavor? Will Lucha be popular in the Midwest? Tune in here to see folks!

Not a fan of Keith or The Underwater Union. Not even a fan of Lucha and I can't see any of your four workers in that type of environment. Why am I commenting then? Because in spite of all of these things, I am curious to see where you are going to go with it. Especially since I am a fan of good writing, and this looks good. Case in point:[QUOTE=FuelFan0102;166943] [B]No, backstage, Rich Eisen got a bad case of foot in mouth syndrome[/B] after getting into a very violent confrontation with Sam Keith, which ended with Keith informing Eisen of his intentions of going elsewere for employment. [/QUOTE] Just good execution here. I love the tone with which you convey your story! I'll be reading!

SUMATRA Newsletter: The roster has been completed! Sam Keith has brought together some of the hottest young talents from across the globe and will be bringing them in for future events! The stars will include the following, plus many more! Matt Sparrow Captain USA Hell Boy Fumihiro Ota American Elemental Black Eagle Darryl Devine Doctor Insane Fox Mask Jessica Bunny & Katherine Goodlooks Mario Heroic Matty Phatty Remmy Skye Silver Shark Snap Dragon If you happen to live in the Midwest, keep an eye out, because starting the third Saturday of June, SUMATRA will debut with their weekly two hour live spectacular, SUMATRA Scramble! An exact line up will be established shortly, look forward to seeing names of stars from around the world!

The card has been confirmed! In singles action, two of the company’s biggest stars, “Disco” Matt Sparrow takes on the fabulous Darryl Devine! Devine is touted as being one of the best up and coming wrestlers in North America, and Sparrow was hand selected by Sam Keith for his flair in the ring, so it’ll be interesting to see who will come out on top. In a classic lucha libre rules six man tag match, “The Union” of Jumbo Shrimp, Calamari Kid, and Lobster Warrior will go against the Rock-N-Roll Connection of Rockin’ Ryan Turner, Rollin’ Johnny Stones, and Stan ‘The Man’ Manna, who will be joined ringside by the rambunctious Roxy Kitten of BSC fame! Mario Heroic will be representing the true values of lucha libre as he takes on the west coast standout Snap Dragon! Snap will be making his first major appearance since he’s gained his high level of notoriety in CZCW, and he looks to show Heroic that Americans know a thing or two about lucha libre wrestling! In a mixed gender tag match, we will be having AAA’s Good Lookin’ Bunny facing off against the strange rudo combination of Matty Phatty and Doctor Insane! This will be a first time teaming of the two, so it will be interesting to see if they will be a match against the well versed team of Jessica and Katherine. Another contest will feature two teams who will be working together for the first time as Remmy Sky and Fox Mask will be the technicos to the rudos of Black Eagle and Masked Cougar in a standard lucha rules two out of three falls match. The opening of the show will feature a standard tag match between Europe’s favorite fanboys The Force, Jed High and Tony Juan Kenobi and the Gilbert Brothers from Canada, Jesse and Joe, those rough housing hockey fiends! So if you’re in Minnesota, make it out to The Junkyard for this groundbreaking night of lucha libre action with SUMATRA!

Archived