T-Zone 2007

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do have a simple question, maybe it has been mentioned and i have missed it but with all the trouble both TNA and WWE are having in this mod, how are the other companies handling it....the ROH's in america and the big japanese feds. Are they having the same problems as WWE and TNA or are they trotting along just fine.

[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;190381]I do have a simple question, maybe it has been mentioned and i have missed it but with all the trouble both TNA and WWE are having in this mod, how are the other companies handling it....the ROH's in america and the big japanese feds. Are they having the same problems as WWE and TNA or are they trotting along just fine.[/QUOTE] ROH seem to run great as do most other indy promotions from what i see

Most indy feds are probably going to work correctly because I would assume most have been set to cult and the workers are ranked accordingly. Whereas with the WWE and TNA, there are so many workers and other issues, it makes things more complicated. I'd imagine if the WWE hadn't bought WCW and things were status quo, the promotions would be easier to figure out because the WWE wouldn't have so many workers and three brands to spread them across.

First of all, big kudos to Forlan for sticking to this mod despite the issues he went through, yet even bigger props to Adam Ryland for being absolutely unique in the world of game devs. Go to any forum for a commercial game (God knows I've been to many, being a geek and all) and try to find a guy who is so committed to the community - you won't find any. Unbelievable level of support Adam, and I am saying this without wanting to brown nose ya, it's just the darn truth. Got nothing else to add obviously, but I felt I had to post this because I am genuinely amazed after reading those last few pages.

[QUOTE=forlan;190405]ROH is not at cult level by the games reckoning[/QUOTE] If I had the help file here, I could check the definition of cult promotion in TEW. But to me, ROH is above a regional promotion because of its DVD distribution and the word of mouth it receives. I don't know if it is fair to ROH to say it is no better than any of the many regional NWA promotions.

If I can offer some advice, you should decide the size of ROH based on their roster size. If you can have them Regional (but bordering on Cult) without triggering mass firings, then that is the ideal situation in terms of match reality with the simulation. If you do trigger firings then you can knock them up to having just hit Cult, and that'll be almost as good.

Yeah I'll be around for another few hours, popping back and forth between here, TV and the such. I did what Adam suggested in the data I have so I'm gonna run it for a couple weeks to see what it does. When you're ready you can send what you do my way and I can run it while I'm at work. So far though I can tell you with Heat gone there are TONS more firings going on with WWE.

I've just emailed you the data after fiddling a bit with the tna overnesses and such, just do your testing etc and see what you get really simon. As for ROH, it's tricky as at the overness level they are at the moment they run the right arenas and such and also don't seem to fire "too" many people, granted they fire some but every promotion seems to lol

[QUOTE=Ransik;190420]So far though I can tell you with Heat gone there are TONS more firings going on with WWE.[/QUOTE] Those are two completely unrelated items, the number of TV shows has nothing to do with firings. There'll be an increase because (if you've followed my advice) the promotion is now one size smaller. If you remove the people I suggested, and the guys like Rodney Mack who have left now anyway, it begins to even itself out.

Archived