Death of the Territories Preview

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=D16NJD16;192376]How old can you possibly be with a name "DJ THE FUNK CHRIS"[/QUOTE] On november 13 of last year, I turned 40, and yourself? [QUOTE]In my case after class ill be patiently awaiting the release, and am currently trying to figure out what dynasty I wanna start and researching history, so if anyone has some ideas [/QUOTE] Georgia Championship Wrestling should be a fun one to play, you could evolve into WCW, American Wrestling Association as well... You could make the new TNA as time goes by, lol. Those two have some really good history though (at least to me). Honestly though, most of them are kind of the same, another part of the fun of this mod... is all of them have a serious chance of breaking out. Just be forewarned.... It's going to be truer' to life then you'd think as the game evolve's...

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;192455]It's not like funk is a new thing (Terry or the music)... although [B][U]George Clinton remains awesome[/U][/B]... >_>[/QUOTE] And George Clinton is not very young either, as well as the inspiration for MY Name. P-Funk (Parliment), the group that George was in (All Funk All Stars, Funkadelic's, etc.) was so unique, and I have forever been a fan. Kids these days, think they are hearing something new, fresh, off the Hizzle, off the Chain, whatever... It's been around a long time. You here it in all different music that has sample's. My son will say "Hey, check out this new song!!" and I start singing along "How do YOU know the words", "well Son. This isn't the first go-round for that song, I believe this is the 3rd time I've heard it." But it's NEewwwW!, lol. I'm also a die-Hard James Brown fan. However, I just like funk period. Weather it's Zapp (More Bounce), Commodores (Jungle Boogie, Brick House), Funkin' For Jaimaca, Dazz Band, Ohio Players, Heatwave, KC and the Sunshine Band, Gap Band, etc... As well as original sounds that come from the likes of Frankie Beverly and Maze, The Impressions (with Curtis Mayfield), The Chi-Lites, The Dramatics, Friends of Distinction, etc.. To give an example, there was a hip hop song a little while ago called "Lights, Camera, Action", and was supposed to have this "NeW" sound that is hot right now in it... However, if your like me, all you here is the instrumental part of Eddie Kendricks song "Keep on Truckin'" (Yes, the Eddie Kendricks from the Temptations). The part when the band just plays after the bridge, only, over and over and over again, lol. I guess that's why DOTT is so special to me, it reminds me of "Good Times", good music, and bad wine, lol. Alot of Funk was at it's height at the time DOTT is set in... The rest of my name comes from my actual name, and my second job as a DJ.

Yeah, I just can't wait... I don't think I'm going to start with GCW as it seems the ismailite is doing that, and my diary just wouldn't compare to his :) Im trying to find a lot of history back then (considering I wasn't alive in 1983) any sites other than oww?

[url]www.solie.org[/url] (I think that's right) covers a lot of old school information. Wikipedia is always good for genral info. You can check the Fros Splash section the forums at [url]www.ewbattleground.com[/url] and ask questions there - especially in the dedicated wrestling history topic. 130 pages or so of questions and, usually, very quick answers. Otherwise, just do a search on the different federations and you're likely to find some info on them. I suggested World Class as it was one of the more famous regional feds back when, but they're all likely to have at least one site with enough detail to get you started. Failing that, ring up Jim Cornette, who knows everything about wrestling between 1970 and 1991, and just a whole lot about it since then...

No offense to those putting it out, but OWW stinks. If you are looking for anything factual, avoid it like the plague. Put it this way: They've had Dos Caras listed as 'Don Caras' for years. Call me crazy, but if you cannot even get one of the single biggest Lucha names of the past thirty years correct, everything is suspect. If you want crappy pics or articles on how Kevin Nash invented the light bulb, go to OWW. If you want territorial history, go to Kayfabe Memories - their main site and their forum. And if you wait a few, D.O.T.T. has a bunch of research sites credited in its Read Me document. That should help.

Not just crushing the dreams of Zan, but of us all ;) I do like the "wait a few" teaser... a few... minutes? hours? weeks? Man oh man, the suspense is killing me. Thanks for the info though, I always feel that I missed a great period of wrestling.

[QUOTE=Juror8;192477]Man, I ain't seeing no love for Allen Toussaint and the New Orleans mob in that post, which makes me :([/QUOTE] Well, I was talking about funk, but just for you, Cheers to Allen Toussaint, The Neville Brothers, Lloyd Price, The Meters, Snooks Eaglin, and Walter "Wolfman" Washington! Southern Nights, (remember the Glen Campbell take on that one? lol). I respect all kinds of music, and I love New Orleans as well, the music is so...ummm... Happy most the time, lol. For some reason makes me think of merenge! Cheers to the New Orleans Mob!! And now, back to your regular scheduled DOTT teaser's, lol.... [QUOTE]And if you wait a few, D.O.T.T. has a bunch of research sites credited in its Read Me document. [/QUOTE]

Man this mod will rock. Much respect to you D.Boon and your team. Personally I'm looking forward to making AWA the powerhouse it could've been. I'm going to clean Vince's clock! Assuming I'm able to steal Andre the Giant from him. As I got some big plans that revolve around the 8th wonder of the world.

Archived