Death of the Territories Preview

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Help testing, blimey even the thought. You wouldn't have found me painstakingly clicking my mouse button for hours, furiously scribbling out notes and trawling the internet for the merest morsel of information. Then, typing it all out and debating the issues surrounding the update. Oooooh no, not atall.

[QUOTE=Anubis;182287]I know this may be asking a lot, but are you gonna be adding every single new worker to have made a debut between the start of DOTT and now? From Rob Van Dam to Austin Aries to Sarah Stock to Mika Akino?[/QUOTE] Do you know how many workers that would be? Like easily over 25,000

25,000? Certainly not that many. Anyway, yeah, mainly I meant workers people might actually have a decent chance of knowing. People who have worked in WCW, WWF/E, TNA, ROH, MLW, etc. People who are well-known at least on the indy circuits. I would still say Sarah Stock definitely fits what I consider known enough to make it in, but if not, I can make [i]her[/i] myself. I would definitely put Sarah Stock in before [i]any[/i] of the Diva Search winners . . . Still, wouldn't it be more like 2500, if that? Or are there [i]that many[/i] I've never heard of that are known?

[QUOTE=jimmy_shakerz;182314]I think he said he added wrestler until 1987-88 or something like that. Personally, the longest i've played was 8-9 months... i know I'm the kind of player to start a new game every time :S[/QUOTE] And in all honesty, there is no real reason someone could not just add the workers they definately want in themselve's, now, with the new worker tool. If your not sure on stats, just do like I do, and look at someone else's mod that you like that does have them...... An example is to look at T-Zone data, or FOTORC (two of the more popular mods), and just add the people you want using their stats, so that you don't feel like your being Bias about it, lol. I'm planning on doing something like that myself. IF I ever get around to it anyways.

[QUOTE=Anubis;182316]25,000? Certainly not that many. Anyway, yeah, mainly I meant workers people might actually have a decent chance of knowing. People who have worked in WCW, WWF/E, TNA, ROH, MLW, etc. People who are well-known at least on the indy circuits. I would still say Sarah Stock definitely fits what I consider known enough to make it in, but if not, I can make [i]her[/i] myself. I would definitely put Sarah Stock in before [i]any[/i] of the Diva Search winners . . . Still, wouldn't it be more like 2500, if that? Or are there [i]that many[/i] I've never heard of that are known?[/QUOTE] Oh, well then if what you mean is well known wrestlers from 1983 to today, then sure that a ton of alot less, but still a ton, if that makes any sense.

just work with people doing other mods and get stats of future workers and make a seperate version od dott, and release it :) if we can get everyone in this community to work on it, it would be awesome. ya never know mid south wrestling might take over the world

i do have a question about future feds.. nwf national wrestling federation. it was located in lousiana, not long after midsouth/uwf folded i forgot the other announcers i know mike teney and terry funk were 2 of them headliners were guys like rod price, bob orton jr, paul orndorth, guys like kevin sulivan , abdulla the butcher, terry taylor, jeff gaylord, um others that worked were the patroit, dustin rhodes dunno if it went passed lousiana or not, since i had no internet at the time not anyone lol the gwf existed at this time.

There were 11 future promotions before the last update, I think that raised it to around 14 or 15... Scottish Championship Wrestling anyone :) ... don't remember NWF but could be wrong. I think Ed is now just piecing together the final release and the testers won't see another updated data.

[QUOTE=TsuMirren;182563]There were 11 future promotions before the last update, I think that raised it to around 14 or 15... Scottish Championship Wrestling anyone :) ... don't remember NWF but could be wrong. I think Ed is now just piecing together the final release and the testers won't see another updated data.[/QUOTE] I can almost taste the glory!

[QUOTE=TsuMirren;182563]There were 11 future promotions before the last update, I think that raised it to around 14 or 15... Scottish Championship Wrestling anyone :) ... don't remember NWF but could be wrong. I think Ed is now just piecing together the final release and the testers won't see another updated data.[/QUOTE] [url]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/p/paul-orndorff.html[/url] see # NWF # Paul also wrestled for the NWF, which operated in what used to be the old Mid-South area.. # Paul was an occasional tag team partner of Chris Adams, as they battled the likes of Bob Orton and Buddy Landel.. ***************************** Colonel Buck "Don't Call Me Yellow" Robley, while not much to look at, had a great mind for the business and was responsible for booking some very important developments in Bill Watt's Mid South territory . According to Dusty Wolfe, he was the one to put Buddy Roberts with the Freebirds, create The Junkyard Dog and give Ted DiBiase and Paul Orndorff their first real shots. Watts seems to remember that Robley wanted to let the Freebirds go until they came up with the idea to stick Buddy Roberts in there so who knows. Buck learned the wrestling business alongside his buddy Terry Funk. (There's a great story told by Dory about a drunken brawl between Terry and Buck on a Japan Airlines Flight. Dory and Ted Dibiase had to restrain the two for almost half the flight and were exhausted by the time they touched down. Going through customs Buck was covered in blood and was worried about being stopped at so he gave his wad of cashto,,,Terry Funk. Wacky Texans.) The Colonel and his army where a fixture in the Central States and Southwest in the 70s and 80s. [B]By the early 90s, Buck ran his own promotion called the NWF. The shows featured stars like Chris Adams, Bob Orton, Robert Gibson, Bob Holly and more. The fed looks to have folded by mid-92 and Robley seems to have retired to his native Texas.[/B] ya he was the announcer along with funk, the head ref was a average sized fat guy guy named lolly pop griffin

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;183383]Oh well, at least no one has claimed that they're going to jail in the next few days, therefore DOTT has to be released or else they will not be able to play![/QUOTE] I'll have been married for twelve years this coming Sunday. Does that count? I mean, there may not actually be any bars per se, but there is that old ball and chain thing. Feel me?

Archived