Bob Orton Jr.

OOC: I needed a break from my first person Briskout dynasty. This will be more focused on the match results and Orton's career than Orton's life. [center][b][color=red][FONT=Book Antiqua]Bob Orton Jr.[/FONT][/color][/b] [i]One of the best wrestlers to ever grace the squared circle, Bob Orton Jr. hails from a great and proud family; son of wrestling great Bob Orton Sr. and father to current star Randy Orton. A legitimate tough-guy, he also has the in-ring skills.[/i]* -From the DOTT 3.1 Scenario [img]http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/bortonjr.jpg[/img] [b]Birthdate[/b] November 10, 1950 [b]Hometown[/b] Kansas City, Kansas [b]Debut[/b] 1972 [b]Finishing Maneuver[/b] Superplex [b]Titles Before November 1983[/b] - NWA Georgia Tag-Team Championships (2) - NWA Georgia Junior Heavyweight Champion - NWA Florida Tag-Team Champion (3) - NWA Florida Heavyweight Champion - NWA Southeastern Tag-Team Champion (4) - ICW Southeastern Tag-Team Champion (2) - ICW Southeastern Heavyweight Champion - ICW Television Champion - Mid-South Mississippi Heavyweight Champion [i]from [url]http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/bios/bortonjr.html[/url][/i] [b]Wrestling Spirit Stats World Overness USA[/b] 68 [b]Canada[/b] 40 [b]Mexico[/b] 40 [b]Japan[/b] 30 [b]UK[/b] 20 [b]Europe[/b] 20 [b]Australia[/b] 20 [b]Skills and Abilities Spirit[/b] 79 [b]Power[/b] 53 [b]Technique[/b] 81 [b]Speed[/b] 58 [b]Psychology[/b] 85 [b]Stamina[/b] 87 [b]Toughness[/b] 92 [b]Charisma[/b] 67 [b]Microphone[/b] 68 [b]Safety[/b] 96 [b]Looks[/b] 62 [b]Resepct[/b] 68 [b]Relationships[/b] Blood Relative of Barry Orton Friend of Roddy Piper Tag Team Partner with Dick Slater as Orton & Slater [b]Current Contracts[/b] Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling [Upper Midcarder, $8,000 per appearance] Southwest Championship Wrestling [Main Eventer, $250 per appearance] [/center] [b]Reader Rules[/b] [Rules may be added at request of readers. Once a rule is added it can't be removed] * Bob Orton Jr. may not approach any promotions outside of North America, but he can sign if he is approached. [Added by Briskout on March 24, 2005] * Bob Orton Jr. may not sign a written contract unless he is unemployed. [Added by Briskout on March 24, 2005] * May only hold contracts for 2 promotions maximum at any given time (as it helps prevent outrageous stat development) [Added by D. Boon's Ghost on March 24, 2005] * Cannot ask other workers for Psychology or Microphone tips (as you'll gain them quick enough as it is) [Added by D. Boon's Ghost on March 24, 2005] * May only talk to one other worker backstage at an event (to limit the crazy amount of friends you can make within a short amount of time) [Added by D. Boon's Ghost on March 24, 2005] * May only request to tag with a worker with whom you have a Positive Relationship. [Added by D. Boon's Ghost on March 24, 2005] * Can only approach promotions that have a worker with whom you have a Positive Relationship - especially those in non-native game areas. [Added by D. Boon's Ghost on March 24, 2005]

This is fantastic... good luck! I know I will certainly be reading this one. Cowboy Bob was always a favorite of mine, and it will be very interesting to see how you progress him. To steal some of Socko's better House Rules as suggestions: * May only hold contracts for 2 promotions maximum at any given time ([I]as it helps prevent outrageous stat development[/I]) * Cannot ask other workers for Psychology or Microphone tips ([I]as you'll gain them quick enough as it is[/I]) * May only talk to one other worker backstage at an event ([I]to limit the crazy amount of friends you can make within a short amount of time[/I]) * May only request to tag with a worker with whom you have a Positive Relationship. * Can only approach promotions that have a worker with whom you have a Positive Relationship - especially those in non-native game areas. Anyway, good luck! And Go, Bob! :)

Thanks for the response D. Boon. I added your rules. [b]November 1983, Week 1 Review[/b] Beginning of the Week Orton was Contracted in: MACW and SWCW Orton's Record at the Beginning of the Week: 0-0 Orton's Disposition: Heel in both promotions [b]MACW Event 1[/b] - MACW On Tour! [Wednesday] Bob Orton Jr. did not get booked. Had a conversation with Angelo Mosca who talked about his son. No title matches. [b]SWCW Event 1[/b] - SWCW On Tour! [Thursday] Once again, Bob Orton Jr. did not get booked. Began talking to the legendary Lou Thesz about some of his famed NWA Title Reigns. Adrian Adonis defeated the Ninja Warrior for the Southwest Heavyweight Title. Shawn Micheals defeated Kelly Kiniski for the Southwest Television Title. The Sheephearders [Luke Williams and Butch Miller] defeated Bob Sweetan and Ivan Putski for the Southwestern Tag Titles. [b]SWCW Event 2[/b] - Southwest Championship [Friday] Again, Bob Orton Jr. wasn't booked. Bob talked to Dick Slater about who was tougher, and Dick just shrugged Bob off at it. The Sheephearders defended their tag titles sucessfully against Shawn Micheals and Chick Donovan. [b]MACW Event 2[/b] - Mid-Atlantic Championship [Saturday] Bob Orton recieves his first match of November inside of an 8 Man Tag Team match. His opponents were the Assassins, Bugsy McGraw and Rufus R. Jones and his partners were Angelo Mosca, Dick Slater and Greg Valentine. Bob talked to Angelo Mosca Jr. and Bob gave Mosca Jr. some tips on getting out of his father's shadow, and making his own spotlight. [b]Bob Orton Jr.'s 1st MACW Match[/b] [i]The Assassins, McGraw and Rufus v. Slater & Orton, Mosca and Valentine[/i] [u]4 vs. 4 Elimination Rules[/u] Order of Elimination: Bugsy McGraw [After a Greg Valentine Leaping Piledriver], Rufus R. Jones [After a Bob Orton Jr. Superplex], The Assassin [After a Dick Slater Head Claw Lock], Assassin #2 [After a Dick Slater Leaping DDT] Winners: Slater & Orton, Mosca and Valentine Surviors: Slater & Orton, Mosca and Valentine Rating: B- Time: 59:00 Orton had to cancel an appearance with SWCW Takes Texas! on the first Saturday of November due to his scheduling with MACW. Here's where you the fans come in. In the MACW, I want to start a fued to move from Upper Midcard to Main Event. Who should I fued with? [First response is who I fued with.] 1) Ricky Steamboat 2) Roddy Piper Both are Upper Midcard Babyfaces.

The MACW does not think Cowboy Bob can fued with either man... Bastards. Instead, they've given Bob, Jay Youngblood. [i]Editor's Note: I checked to see if they would accept earlier, and they did. I guess they changed their mind? Very odd.[/i] In the SWCW, Bob decided to fued with Ivan Putski. [b]November 1983, Week 2 Review[/b] Beginning of the Week Orton was Contracted in: MACW and SWCW Orton's Record at the Beginning of the Week: 1-0 Orton's Disposition: Heel in both promotions Orton is Fueding With: Jay Youngblood in MACW and Ivan Putski of SWCW [b]MACW Event 3 - MACW On Tour! [Wednesday][/b] When Bob Orton Jr. arrived at the arena, he found out one thing: He had a jobber match against none other then one half of the Jobber Tag Team, The Mulkey Brothers, Randy Mulkey. Orton figured it was somehow linked to the Youngblood fued. Orton made his way backstage, changed, and then talked to Tully Blanchard about each other's fathers. [b]Bob Orton Jr.'s 2nd MACW Match[/b] [i]Bob Orton Jr. vs. Randy Mulkey[/i] [u]1 vs. 1 Match[/u] Winner: Bob Orton Jr. after a Main Event Sleeper Hold Rating: D Time: 23:00 Jay Youngblood did absolutely nothing. [b]SWCW Event 4 - SWCW On Tour! [Thursday][/b] As Bob arrived at the arena, he found out that he once again had an 8-Man Tag Match to compete in. So Bob began to get ready when he saw Southwestern Heavyweight Champ, Adrian Adonis, and began to talk. [b]Bob Orton Jr.'s 1st SWCW Match[/b] [i]Eric Embry, The Grapplers and Bobby Jaggers vs. Ken Mantell, Bob Della Serra, Ed Moretti and Bob Orton Jr.[/i] [u]4 vs. 4 Hardcore Match[/u] Winners: Ken Mantell, Bob Della Serra, Ed Moretti and Bob Orton Jr. after a Ed Moretti Boston Crab Submission Rating: D Time: 39:00 Ivan Putski did absolutely nothing. SWCW Event 5 - Southwest Championship [Friday] Bob Orton Jr. would be fighting in the main event of the evening against Scott Casey, after Casey cut an interview. Backstage, Orton Jr. talked to Bobby Jaggers about the match they had the night before. [b]Bob Orton Jr.'s 2nd SWCW Match[/b] [i]Bob Orton Jr. v. Scott Casey[/i] [u]1 vs. 1 Hardcore Match[/u] Winners: Bob Orton Jr. after a Main Event Sleeper Hold. Rating: C+ Time: 18:00 Ivan Putski did absolutely nothing. Shawn Micheals defended the Television Title. MACW Event 4 - Mid-Atlantic Championship [Saturday] Bob Orton and Jay Youngblood would begin fueding at the event tonight in their singles contest. Orton found this out as he arrived at the arena, as Greg Valentine told him. So Orton got ready for the match. [b]Bob Orton Jr.'s 3rd MACW Match[/b] [i]Bob Orton Jr. vs. Jay Youngblood[/i] [u]1 vs. 1 45 Minute Time Limit Match[/u] Winner: Bob Orton Jr. after a Superplex Rating: C+ Time: 25:00 Assasin #2 and Ted Arcidi defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. and Randy Mulkey for the Mid-Atlantic U.S. Tag Team Titles [b]Orton has permanently cancelled all Saturday bookings with SWCW.[/b] Fan's Interactive Spot of the Week: Seeing as I disappointed you guys last week, I've given a more sturdier poll. The question is, Bob Orton Jr. wants to lessen his work schedule, which promotion should he leave? 1) MACW 2) SWCW 3) Neither. Bob'll get more money if he stays in both promotions. I'll tally the results at the end of November, and then make a decision.

Cowboy Bob is much too good for Joe Blanchard's Little League. :) The only benefit to sticking with Southwest would be if you could get some matches against Adonis. The two of them match up perfectly; one of the reasons I loved the Undisputed World Champion tournament that Blanchard ran in 83, I believe, was that Adonis and Orton met in the finals - heh. Still... fighting your way through the Scott Caseys of that SWCW roster is a scary prospect. Until you find a job with another of the bigger promotions, I'd recommend sticking with MACW. It's a crowded roster and you have to fight those horrible Mulkey roaches (heh) - but the exposure is key. (edit: I believe Bob should start looking towards Atlanta. GCW has one of the best t.v. deals in the scenario, as well as a solid roster to work your way through. Instead of being misused in MACW, which always happened to Bob, go and dominate Georgia! :) )

Archived