Where are you guys from?

DannyDemon

I love that a topic from 2004 was brought up to the top and maybe 1 of the people who posted in it is still around the boards. Anyway, it's common knowledge that I was born in a dirty hick town in Ohio but I'm currently residing in Corpus Christi, Texas and loving it. Might have to move down to Texas when I'm done with this traveling job!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Basmat01;1025185]What part of Australia are you talking about it is a big place? lol im Melbourne, Australia here and I would think its nothing like Texas lol and Dingoes arent as wide spread as you would think lol[/QUOTE] I'm in Brisbane now (moved from the Gold Coast few years back) and I've been to most of the States. Apart from Melbourne and Sydney I thought Texas was definitely alot like Australia, very nice people, a sense of mateship between strangers, a no bs attitude to name a few.... Oh and Outback Steakhouse is just Lonestar Steakhouse, was like I was in bizzaro land! [url]http://www.outback.com/[/url] [url]http://www.lonestar.com.au/[/url] I often tell friends here who have never visited the US that it has more diversity then Europe (sometimes I wonder if more languages also :p ). California was the closest to Queensland I found, especially the beachside places like San Diego. The laid back care free environment along with the people made me feel right at home. The biggest thing I've learnt on my US travels is how much of "Australian Culture" is really "American Culture", we are alot closer then alot of people want to think :)

I'm going to shock the world here and declare I'm Irish, living on the West Coast. Home is County Mayo, Collage is a 4 hour bus ride south in Limerick. To make this post more interesting I'm going to throw where I'd like to see in: I got a slight wanderlust in me; someday I'm going to return to NYC and see it properly. My mother's side of the family is VERY connect to Zoo York and I'd like to return (been twice) but see it as an adult rather than with the rest of the family. Throw Boston in there too; I want to see just how much influence the Irish really have had on the city. Mexico too. I suck at learning languages but I think if I ever found the time I really could pick up Spanish. It seems like a very accessible tongue. But yeah Mexico seems like a really interesting culture and I'd love to scope it out one day. Finally one day in the future I shall check out Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I'm just going to go there for 2 weeks and party, and pray to Jesus I can score with one of the locals. Actually, same plan for New Orleans.

[QUOTE=The Celt;1025453] I'm just going to go there for 2 weeks and party, and pray to Jesus I can score with one of the locals. [/QUOTE] Come to Oz and you won't need to pray, stupid Irish and their charming ways :p All of the girls I know go ga ga over them and I know quite a few who have been swept of their feet.

Born in Chester, Pa. just a little south of Philadelphia. Moved to the mountains of Virginia for 3 years till my maternal grandmother died in a house fire then my mother moved us to Lexington, NC where I lived for 85% of the next 24 years. Currently, in Thomasville, NC where I have lived for most of the last 13 years. I've also lived in Charleston, SC and Wilmington, De and a few other places for a few months depending on where I was wrestling. My family consists of: Religion: Baptists, Methodist, etc (from this line of beliefs), Roman Catholics, Ukrainian Catholics (Eastern Orthodox), Wiccans, Judaism and a few others (at 1 muslim) Nationalities: American, British, Italian*, Russian*, Ukrainian*, Dutch (mothers maternal grandparents), Sicilian*, Greek*, German* (both Jewish and non-Jews), Irish (McCormick clan), Scottish *- married into my fathers family Dutch, Irish and Scottish from my mothers family British & Native American from my fathers family that predates the American Revolution. Races: White, Native American (Cherokee & Blackfoot tribes) are part of the main bloodline with Hispanic and Asian married into the family in the last 50 years. A second 150(?) year old bloodline that can trace its roots to my great-great-great grandfather add Black to the White & Native American. I have (known) family in most states on the Eastern side of the Mississippi as well as in Europe.

[QUOTE=Genadi;1025436] The biggest thing I've learnt on my US travels is how much of "Australian Culture" is really "American Culture", we are alot closer then alot of people want to think :)[/QUOTE] Well, the only real difference is that we 'founded' Australia by kicking people out, whereas we 'founded' America willingly. :p And you didn't murder most of the natives when you got there. ¬_¬ We're still paying for both mistakes, one in sporting events and the other in everything else. :p

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;1025517]Well, the only real difference is that we 'founded' Australia by kicking people out, whereas we 'founded' America willingly. :p And you didn't murder most of the natives when you got there. ¬_¬ We're still paying for both mistakes, one in sporting events and the other in everything else. :p[/QUOTE] Not football though, just the Europeans and Soth American countries beat us at that. What we did we ever do to Spain, Germany, France and Italy?

You really have to ask what we did to France and Germany? :p And Spain are probably still bitter over the whole America thing, and the fishing disputes. Italy though... no idea what we did to them. They're probably the European country with the LEAST reason to hate us, except maybe the Scandinavian countries.

[QUOTE=Genadi;1025468]Come to Oz and you won't need to pray, stupid Irish and their charming ways :p All of the girls I know go ga ga over them and I know quite a few who have been swept of their feet.[/QUOTE] Probably because Irish men are the only people on earth with a reputation for being even drunker and stupider than Aussie women :p The chicks here are impressed by that sort of thing. I kid, I kid. No but seriously it's true.

[QUOTE=The Masked Orange;1025519]Not football though, just the Europeans and Soth American countries beat us at that. [/QUOTE] You may have spoken too soon, we are destined to meet in this WC.... I hope :p [QUOTE=BurningHamster;1025551] No but seriously it's true.[/QUOTE] Yes, yes it is :D

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;1025525]You really have to ask what we did to France and Germany? :p And Spain are probably still bitter over the whole America thing, and the fishing disputes. Italy though... no idea what we did to them. They're probably the European country with the LEAST reason to hate us, except maybe the Scandinavian countries.[/QUOTE] I know, sarcasm doesn't read well. Italy and the UK fought in N. Africa in WW2. For Spain I'd say the loss of the Armada was pretty huge.

[QUOTE=Briskout;1025406]Good ole' Providence, Rhode Island.[/QUOTE] Good to see another fellow Rhode Islander on here. [QUOTE=The Celt;1025453] [B]Throw Boston in there too; I want to see just how much influence the Irish really have had on the city.[/B][/QUOTE] Irish have had a huge influence on Boston, just go to the the South side of Boston and you will see what I mean. Also, the Irish mod was the mob that ran Boston (Whitey Bulger) and not the traditional mob. And one cannot forget the Kennedy's.

Boston is a real dividing line for Irish and Italian ancestry. Excluding Boston itself, it seems the more south you get in New England, the more Italian it is. Boston, the North End is known for being Italian. Meanwhile, South Boston is Irish while Northern New England is Irish. Sorta weird how that happened. New England as a whole is very influenced by the Irish. As for being a fellow RIer, what's there... two of us? LoL

[QUOTE=Briskout;1027090]Boston is a real dividing line for Irish and Italian ancestry. Excluding Boston itself, it seems the more south you get in New England, the more Italian it is. Boston, the North End is known for being Italian. Meanwhile, South Boston is Irish while Northern New England is Irish. Sorta weird how that happened. New England as a whole is very influenced by the Irish. As for being a fellow RIer, what's there... two of us? LoL[/QUOTE] There is actually four of us on here.:D I know I am just as shocked as anybody.

[QUOTE=Stennick;1027227]So then the entire Rhode Island population is on this board? Awesome :D[/QUOTE] Whoa whoa whoa... The population of Rhode Island is more than four. I once saw four other people at the same time in a car...

Archived