Question about Microphone Skills

Long time lurker, first time poster. God that sounds goofy, doesn't it? First off, I love the game. I bought it a few weeks ago, and I've also downloaded DOTT. So far, this is the best wrestling simulator I've ever played. I just want to say thanks to Adam Ryland for taking so much time to make a game so versatile, and D. Boon's Ghost for making such a great scenario to play along with. Anyways, mushiness aside. On my game, I've been kissing ass and taking as much advice as possible from anyone that will give it to me. Psychology, I pretty much understand how to use it to my advantage. Microphone skills, though, I haven't found a use for them just yet. I have Mic Skills of 77 so far, which I think it pretty damn good. Now how I go about cutting interviews backstage, or in the ring? Does Charisma play into this as well, or do I absolutely have to be a Main Eventer to cut an interview or promo? Thanks in advance.

No promo or backstage interview in this game. Its a one-on-one verbal confrontation where you are in the ring and someone comes out... you both make comments similar to hitting moves in matches, then one wins the interview... I had 4 interviews in 5 shows when I started a Angry Gilmore superstar career. Someone in this forum once complained that he had only done 4 or 5 interviews in a 10 year rookie to superstar career... and he was 100 overness, over 80 charisma, and over 80 mic skills... and no, you do not have to be a maineventer... Gilmore is a midcarder.

Yeah, I dunno if the game just picks the worker with the highest charisma/mic skills, but it seems like the only thing that overness affects is whether or not you get a match (and you don't seem to be able to get an interview without a match that night). I'm playing a game as Ryu Kajahara where he's got 96 charisma and 90 mic skills, and I get an interview every few events. Playing as someone with much lower stats in those areas, I never got one.

Thanks for the advice. One more thing, though. I've reached my peak a Microphone Skills, as of right now, it's 81. Does your maximum amount for a skill change over time, like with age? My wrestler's 19 right now and has a Max Microphone Skill of 81. His Max Psychology Skill is 88. Is this as far is it's going? Thanks again for the advice.

Yeah, MM - individual wrestling styles have varying stat caps programmed into them. If it is telling you that you can go no higher, then you have hit that cap. I wish that stat progression could be slowed down some. Being 19 and having a PSY of 88 is insane, heh. Granted, much of it has to do with who you wrestle and talk to (combined with your watching old wrestling videos in training) - but I'd still like to see it slowed down about half.

Archived