Young Tommy Cornell in: A New World

Ok, before I start off officially, let me tell you a little about what I've decided to do. Some of you out there may be thinking "He can't be Tommy Cornell?!" or "What's that guy thinking?" or even "Whay's that guy asking so many stupid assumed retorical questions?" Well, heres the answer to that. The permise of this is that I'm going to be a young Tommy Cornell in the Death of the Territories mod. Now. The only things i did to his stats are that I took all of his overness and respect away to give the true aspect of a unknown breaking into the buisness. I also upped his looks a little bit since he is 16 at the time. Speaking of him being 16, I had to change his birth year in order to make it work. But thats all I did. I didn't make any stats lower for two reasons. A.) Some of his moves might not work if I lower his stats down and B.) Because It wouldnt truely be Tommy Cornell without the stats and the moves that he has. Now, the reason that I'm not just starting up the diary right now is because I want to see what everyone thinks about this. If people are against it since he is Tommy Cornell and I'm really changing a lot of stuff here, then I won't do it. I'll think of another idea and go with that. But if there is popular support for thi idea then I will attempt to do it and see where it goes. Please respond with your opinions for they will decide if this even gets off the ground.

Since you ask, I thought I'd offer my two cents! First of all, the original idea is great! A young Cornell in the DOTT scenario is very cool indeed! BUT... If I were doing it, I'd lower his stats considerably given that he's only 17. I haven't looked at his moveset carefully, but I'd lower the stats and let him "grow into it" as many of the workers do in the DOTT scenario the way it's set up. As long as Tommy has one or two workable finishers, it should be fun to see him develop into the dominating force he is today. Anyway, that's my opinion, but whatever you decide, I'll be reading! :D

Ok here’s what I did. First of all I lowered all his states that had nothing to do with his moves by 30 (approximately two for every year I took off) and lowered all of his needed stats for his moves to as low as they were allowed to get without messing with the moveset. I also lowered his fighting sprit to 10 as he’s not that famous and it would probably drop that fast anyway without me changing it but it would mess with his morale. So, here’s my final starting stats. Spirit- 10 Stamina- 70 Looks- 89 Power- 60 Toughness- 60 Respect- 0 Technique- 80 Charisma- 55 Speed- 70 Microphone- 65 Psychology- 70 Safety- 70 Also, I added a few moves so that when I fight the heavier guys, I wont have a choice of 5 moves to do over and over again. I added them all to standing. Low Moves: Arm Drag Arm Wringer Step Over Takedown Arm Wringer Takedown Gutwrench Suplex Standing Arm Lever Wrenching Top Wrist Lock Medium Moves: Arm Wringer Triple Kick Driving Knee Lift Guard Rail Face Smash Hammerlock Back Bomb Hammerlock Shoulder Breaker Intice the Crowd Shoulder Arm Breaker Verbal Abuse High Moves: Cheating Small Package Explosion Suplex Giant Killer Bodyslam Low Blow with Cradle Roll Inverted DDT Rope Arm Tie Punch Flurry Twisting Face Crusher I also added one finisher because I wanted to have a really good submission move so I added the Crossface. If people really don’t like these changes, you can say so and I’ll change them later on but the next post I put will probably be the first official entry into the diary.

November 1983 Week 1 Monday Well, the time has come. After all of my training, I finally have the chance to get out there and do what I want to do. Professional Wrestling. The first thing that I did was I went to my agent and contacted all of the promotions. A bunch decided to meet with me. So I decided that I had to pick and choose what I was going to do. I need money. I’m fine with the way I’m living but I need money to even live that way. So, I’ll do all of the tryouts but I need to be offered at least $40 an appearance to go with a promotion. After attending all the meetings I found out that wasn’t going to happen. So, for the next 3 months, I’m just gonna do a whole lot of stuff. That way, maybe with the $20 I receive every appearance I make, I get closer to breaking even with my expenses. But I couldn’t do too much. So I decided that until after my tryouts, I was only going to make a few commitments. Those were to people who offered me more than $20 and those who I liked. Here are the contracts I made. ASW - $24 an appearance for 3 months CSW- $20 an appearance for 3 months (But with the Harts) CSTATE - Try Out CWA – Try Out CWF - Try Out MLW – Try Out PPW - $24 an appearance for 3 months SECW - $24 an appearance for 3 months WCW – Try Out WWC – Try Out The rest I’m just going to have to decline. I now have a packed schedule though, depending on if promotions hire me. Well, hopefully everything will turn out alright. Next: Tommy’s First Match. Where will it be? Who will it be with?

This freak of nature is akin to a Greek god falling from the sky. If Cornell doesn't take over the world within two years, I'll have XoX eat my hat! :) Seriously, I'd probably lower a few of those starting stats to give myself more of a challenge, as the DOTT's universe of rookies is scaled much lower than you're 16 year old Cornell. I'd check out the 'rookie' Shawn Michaels and perhaps model young master Cornell along those lines (though slightly higher in certain areas). I mean, it [I]is[/I] Cornell we're speaking about. As long as you are having fun, though, that's the only thing that matters. Calgary might be a great place to concentrate on. I can see a ton of great matches with the roster there; Bret Hart and Dynamite, in particular. Japan would be a great place for Cornell, as well - but that will be a lot harder to crack into, I'd think. Your best bet would be Universal Pro (UWF). At least you'd be able to slap around the young Ken Shamrock! :) Good luck! I'll also be reading this one and looking forward to the next installments.

• 2 weeks later...
For those who havent noticed, this thread is dead. I messed up and pressed delete game instead of load game(has now happened to me 3 times). I might start it up again but I'm playing my other game now where I took my rookie's stats from when I quit after playing for about 9 years because I did to that game what i did to this game and put them at 0 overness and started working up. I finally won a singles title today and might start a diary of that after i get to 2006 and just post notes of what happened in the past. Let me just say that I get a B or B+ match average. I might have altered the speed a bit but thats because I got pissed at it after it wouldnt increase past like 30 for some reason over 9 years before. Well, thats all I wanted to say. Until my next Diary Rob Harris

Archived