Please help the newbie!

I'm really enjoying this game, though I must admit I suck at it. I'm not a huge wrestling fan anymore, Mr. McMahon (sp?) kinda destroyed the old fun wrestling daze and I'm not so much on the profane soap opera style. So this likely has something to do with my poor grasp of whats going on. My main problem is that my energy is at something like 190 to 220 and often I'm going against guys with 400+. This is more true in the very cool mod about the fueding feds back in the day (this is an awesome mod, thanks to whoever made it). Is there anyway to get my energy up? Does it go down if you are wrestling too much? Any random advice on helping to reduce my wrestler's overall suckage? Thanks for any help.

You're welcome! :) I'm glad you are enjoying the DOTT scenario (if that's the one you are talking about - heh) and hope you stick with it! You can adjust your training regiment to build up your stamina, though the best way to improve Stamina and Toughness is to work against quality opponents. If you can beat someone who is tougher than you, you will usually advance in that stat. I tried to scale the gameworld so that it was difficult for Rookies to just walk away with mad stats, as is the case usually - so it may take some time until you get booked against better wrestlers on a regular basis. I've been running a career as Rick Martel and have had his toughness raise twice in the past four matches. I beat Slaughter in Maple Leaf for a +1 gain and then I pulled off a miracle win against Ken Patera in the AWA; both men were higher than me in toughness. I know it's not the best of advice - but I hope it helps somewhat. Good luck!

The only advice I can add to D. Boon's is just to keep plugging away! You'll suck for awhile, but that just makes a big win against a superior opponent all the more satisfying. You could try taking the match outside the ring to make it last a little longer. The opponent can't pin on the outside and though you'll probably eventually lose, your stamina should increase. When I was a rookie in one career, I lost several matches in the first two months in 4 minutes or less!

Thanks for the advice! I think I'm learning a bit more as I move along. I was trying to do the middle and high moves when they became available instead of plugging away at the low moves until I wore the bad guy down, then hitting the crowd pleasers. I did mean the DOTT mod. Thanks a lot that is a great one, awesome job! Thanks for the advice on going out of the ring. I don't do that nearly enough. Plus I think getting chairs and tables involved ups the rating of the match doesn't it?

Archived