Cornellverse Web Site: Good idea?

Cornellverse Web Site: Good idea?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Cornellverse Web Site: Good idea?

• I'd be interested
    • I don't think it's needed

I wanted to throw this out for public opinion. I was thinking it might be cool to do a web site based on the Cornellverse, done in the style of a wrestling news site. So i might announce that "In a shock move, Lobster Warrior showed up on HGC's TV show last night, and it was revealed his SWF contract had expired the night before", and then you'd be able to download a data update (for TEW and FiSpi) where Lobby is now under contract with HGC. It'd be something to keep the game world dynamic, and add some more depth to the characters. So, basically, to the people who play with the original data: does that sound like something that might be interesting to you?

As a huge fan of the Cornellverse, I'd love to see it happen. It would make the original data more dynamic, as you say, and more life like. It would be as if the promotions actually existed, and we'd be able to get more information on how you intended the promotions to be ran, the characters act, etc.

[QUOTE=Unregistered]That would be pretty cool, esspecially if it had a few new federations poping up or what not. That would really help set up a whole new experience.[/QUOTE] I like that idea. As I said eariler, it would make the Cornellverse seem real. We'd also get to know when SWF or HGC start out doing the other, try to combat each other's moves (i.e. - starting a new TV show), etc. I'm quite excited about this now... :p

Hey Adam, First off glad to see you back in action and up and running with a new company. On-topic, I'd love to see this website and be able to download roster updates. I just hope that you also focus on the smaller companies, espcially USPW, let's have them sign Rick Law and Rich Money to a verbal contract so they can really go to the next level.

[QUOTE]I just hope that you also focus on the smaller companies, espcially USPW, let's have them sign Rick Law and Rich Money to a verbal contract so they can really go to the next level.[/QUOTE] Part of the story in the updated game world is that USPW got raided, and lost quite a few of their big names (including Law and Money). They've brought in a bunch of new talent like Hell Monkey and Johnny Bloodstone, so they've become more of a youth-oriented promotion, with a lot of guys who could be huge stars. They're one of my favourite promotions in the new version.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]*spoiler* In the new game, HGC doesn't actually exist. Tommy Cornell has bought out the promotion, and renamed it Total Championship Wrestling. :)[/QUOTE] Good old Tommy. The name HGC sucked anyways...stupid JK Stallings. Don't reveal everything Adam, it'll be interesting to find everything out.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]I wanted to throw this out for public opinion. I was thinking it might be cool to do a web site based on the Cornellverse, done in the style of a wrestling news site. So i might announce that "In a shock move, Lobster Warrior showed up on HGC's TV show last night, and it was revealed his SWF contract had expired the night before", and then you'd be able to download a data update (for TEW and FiSpi) where Lobby is now under contract with HGC. It'd be something to keep the game world dynamic, and add some more depth to the characters. So, basically, to the people who play with the original data: does that sound like something that might be interesting to you?[/QUOTE] Back to the actual topic: I like this idea, I also thought that it'd be cool to find out more about the characters. If you're willing to go into that much detail, maybe you could do some bios for some of the better characters.

I have mixed feelings about the idea, besides the fact that I hate Cornell, I was wondering how this would effect games in progress? I'm guessing it wouldn't and if not then what's the real point? If I wanted Lobster Warrior to join HGC I would go to the editor and make it happen myself. Games in progress it happens by itself. And what about original data that has been edited in the editor already? I've added all kinds of stuff to my original data already and even changed the names of a lot of stuff I didn't like the name of, including the name HGC. The idea does interest me though.

Archived