• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whats in the recruiting process? to be honest, this is probably the most important part of the game to me. i kind of like how EA's ncaa football did it where you can pitch different aspects of the team to certain recruits, i.e. pitch location to recruits nearby, pitch prestige to others, etc. also, it would be awesome to have a junior day, like most schools do this time of year. you could invite about 80 potential recruits. also, some schools have summer camps. purdue has a QB camp in august where they invite about 8 QBs of interest and offer the one that performs the best.

I would love to see option for both Bowls and customizable playoff system. I would love to see my dream of the perfect college football playoff system in the game 12 Team Playoff. First round and second round games at higher seeds home stadium in Early/Mid December Final 4 on New Years Day Championship game - Week Between NFL Conference Championships and Super Bowl. Then you still have bowl games with the remaining teams that didn't make the playoffs.

I'd like to see a full almanac where you can see all of your great players stats opver your coaching dynasty. Also, how about a newspaper where the polls are shown weekly along with stories about the main games that are going to be played or have been played.

Yes I've been waiting for you to make a game like this. I personally didn't like The College Years it just wasn't that in depth you just did the same thing over and over. I like the idea of have a newspaper and the camp thing purdue mentioned, also haveing the option of a playoff would be cool. A couple of things I would like to see are: 1. Where you can interact with the AD and president. 2. They could set goals such as have a graduation rate, wins, or getting a certain recruit. 3. You could request more time to build the team. 4. Try to get them to build a new staduim Are just a few suggustions. Also Arlie are you going to use a 5 star or a 0-100 rating system or have you not decided yet.

[B]Recruiting[/B] -Athletes: Players can play multiple positions -Come down to the wire: Some guys commit early, some wait 'til signing day in february. Some don't qualify -Look at the rosters of teams and the geography of where their players are. I think the main problem with TCY is teams would have too much of a national presence on their teams. Only the truly elite programs recruit completely nationally, and even then not so much. -Playcalling: This is the reason I couldn't get into TCY. I couldn't call my own plays. I hope this happens Also, I'd like to see a 2d field like the CM/FM series someday, but I'd hope that the game engine is tightened up first and foremost. I can't say I like the herky-jerky nature of the TPB 2d.

[QUOTE=mikey1294]Yes I've been waiting for you to make a game like this. I personally didn't like The College Years it just wasn't that in depth you just did the same thing over and over. I like the idea of have a newspaper and the camp thing purdue mentioned, also haveing the option of a playoff would be cool. A couple of things I would like to see are: 1. Where you can interact with the AD and president. 2. They could set goals such as have a graduation rate, wins, or getting a certain recruit. 3. You could request more time to build the team. 4. Try to get them to build a new staduim Are just a few suggustions. Also Arlie are you going to use a 5 star or a 0-100 rating system or have you not decided yet.[/QUOTE] This is a good one. Different schools should value different things. A school like Miami would have a 2 if you ranked the priority of academics. A place like Duke or Stanford would be ranked higher. This would factor into the AD's decision making processes. As far as Stadiums, it's not often you see new ones in CFB. Additions are a lot more common than new stadiums... :)

I definetely think you should receive goals for the upcoming season/seasons. On some of the bigger name programs perhaps you could even be fired mid season if you should have a good team and you arent playing to your potential. I think a trophy case or award case would be neat. To put the trophies in it from various bowl games throughout your career as a coach.

One of the general complaints about TCY is the "micromanagment" complaint. I think that it gets to a deeper issue. Let's say that there is a feature of a game that some consider tedious . On the one hand, some players would like to be able to just click a "recommend" button and get perfect results. On the other hand, some other players note that such a button kind of defeats the purpose of playing. If the feature did not allow a player to do it better than the AI, there really would not be much of a point to the feature. So you are left with the problem of either not having a lot of deep features (in which case the game is too simple), having lots of deep features that can be bypassed with recommend buttons (in which case people wonder why have the features at all), or having lots of deep features, all of which the player has to master to succeed (in which case the game has too much micromanagement). I beleive that this issue, which occurs in most games, is very noticable in a college football sim because there is so much roster turnover. A huge roster that recycles every four years makes it hard enough for a player to keep managing his team (for me it does, at least). I think that any college football game needs to work really hard to find the balance between making that process too easy and making it molasses.

Archived