Strange events so far

Having played about 7 months into my game as NYCW , strange events so far are Both Burning EXILE and Shawn Gonzalez abandoning their booking of WEXXV and CZCW respectively because they felt they were too big for the promotions. Grandmaster Phunk did same thing to me i.e wouldn't renegotiate at end of contract because he was TOO good to work for me :( . Had my User character with A* resilience get a year long injury in first 2 weeks, and now I am not available to announce my shows(although I can apparently book them. :rolleyes:). Cameron Vessey shows potential and am thinking about pairing him with Ash Campbell in a 2nd gen Evolution gimmick. OH , and the king of the Cornellverse, Tommy himself, Tragically got divorced :( . Makes me think Tommy Jr will feud with the old man when he finally debuts ;) .

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Dragonmack;174902]OH , and the king of the Cornellverse, Tommy himself, Tragically got divorced :( . Makes me think Tommy Jr will feud with the old man when he finally debuts ;) .[/QUOTE] Hmmm, he must've had an iron-clad prenup if TCW is still operating after that divorce. :p One more month for me before Alicia Strong debuts. Woo! Some strange things I've seen have been North American based women's workers who refused to negotiate with me (5SSW) because, according to them, it would be a bad career move. Yeah, signing on with the biggest, most prestigious women's promotion in the world is a bad career move. Morons. Besides that, nothing particular weird has happened. Nevada Nuclear overdosed though. Some might say, he...had a meltdown. ha! :p

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;174918]NYCW wasn't big enough for me to get Alicia to negotiate with in my game. :mad:[/QUOTE] Yeah, that's kind of what I expect. She comes with insane skills and overness (for a rookie, at least) so I figured she won't give the smaller promotions the time of day. Especially when you have to think she could sign with her daddy's promotion, if all else fails. She'll talk to me though ;)

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175139]I just had the world's greatest pure technical wrestler, Mr. Modest and Nicest Man In Wrestling 2007, the Big Smack himself, claim that he was the only reason people watch SWF, and should be main eventing, God bless you, Mr Scott. You're truely a character.[/QUOTE] :D I do love BS Scott. If you want a torn rotator cuff, he's the man to go to since even his conversations are dangerous. My most amusing thing I've seen was the internet letting us all know that Richard Eisen was up to his usual politics games in the SWF, making connections and stuff.... I mean seriously, how much more power does he need? Derek B

[QUOTE=Remianen;175119]Yeah, that's kind of what I expect. She comes with insane skills and overness (for a rookie, at least) so I figured she won't give the smaller promotions the time of day. Especially when you have to think she could sign with her daddy's promotion, if all else fails. She'll talk to me though ;)[/QUOTE] I've signed her to a three month short-term deal with AAA. Hopefully, I will be able to pair her up with Wanda Fish a time or two to give some stellar matches before I have to let her go in order to avoid bankruptcy.

2 months into my new game as MAW, got internet message that Nemesis refused to re-sign with DAVE as "Thery were not big enough for him" . Will the fall of DAVE never end? :p Still this is the second game in a row where the bookers are not re-signing with the companies they are booking. Happened with both Burning EXILE and Shawn Gonzalez in my other game as well when they were booking WEXXV and CZCW.

[QUOTE=mattg71;175662]WEXXV, GCG, JEF, WLW, EF-FB, 5SSW, and ROF all out of business or headed that way.[/QUOTE] Odd. 5SSW should have no problems turning a profit. They have no competition and Japan is in love with their product style. What's worse is, the New Promotions file isn't deep or seeded enough to have to replace 7 promotions at one time (not to mention the global talent pool). Wow.

Dunno if you could call it strange but of the AI knicking my wrestlers to Written contracts....they always...ALWAYS sign my Jobbers. Hell monkey, Adam Martavers, Frankie Perez etc never get written contracts. Yet Chaos Demon 1, Zeus something and Joey Poison who are nothing to me in star power have all been taken.

[QUOTE=mattg71;175662]WEXXV, GCG, JEF, WLW, EF-FB, 5SSW, and ROF all out of business or headed that way.[/QUOTE] Admit it, you were booking them when they went under, and then moved onto the next, right? ¬_¬ That's pretty weird though. I mean, I'VE managed to sink RoF, but BritSam never has in any of my games (not that I've gotten very far in any one of them yet because I keep starting new ones ¬_¬, but they never seem to be in any sort of trouble). WEXXV always go under though; good riddance :p WLW is a bit shocking, but not as much as JEF and Exodus only lasting a little over a year...

[QUOTE=Remianen;175665]Odd. 5SSW should have no problems turning a profit. They have no competition and Japan is in love with their product style. What's worse is, the New Promotions file isn't deep or seeded enough to have to replace 7 promotions at one time (not to mention the global talent pool). Wow.[/QUOTE] Happened in my MAW game too. I thought it was really strange, given 5SSW's dominance in women's wrestling

[QUOTE=Sigilistic;175703]Happened in my MAW game too. I thought it was really strange, given 5SSW's dominance in women's wrestling[/QUOTE] With the new contract settings 5SSW has some very expensive wrestlers and they don't have very high attendance. In the game I'm currently running for a dynasty the September tour 5SSW did averaged only 800 in attendance and had only one sell out, while having 3 nights of less than 300 in attendance. Its tough to turn a profit when your contracts are PPA and the attendance is that low.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175692]Admit it, you were booking them when they went under, and then moved onto the next, right? ¬_¬ That's pretty weird though. I mean, I'VE managed to sink RoF, but BritSam never has in any of my games (not that I've gotten very far in any one of them yet because I keep starting new ones ¬_¬, but they never seem to be in any sort of trouble). WEXXV always go under though; good riddance :p WLW is a bit shocking, but not as much as JEF and Exodus only lasting a little over a year...[/QUOTE] LOL! No, booking CZCW. UCR just went under. Took a look around the game world, and plenty of areas are just now coming out of the Fs for economy and industry.

[QUOTE=praguepride;175517]One of the funny things I saw was over in UCR, Evil Henchman #2 won the Tag Team title with... Ali Bloxsome XD Poor Evil Henchman #1 is out of the job. Nothing's better then twins backstabbing twins![/QUOTE] I've seen it happening with #2 and Dark Falcon, which I think is an even odder pairing. #1, however, is not as bad off as one might think; he's more over than his brother now, resulting in him being usually pushed one level higher than #2, so UCR splits them up. They still suck, though. :rolleyes:

In my current MAW game, about 6 mos in. Found out that my star attraction, Steven Parker, my only main champion, the guy I have fed other talent trade stars to, the guy whose belt I have built to 99% prestige, Has a strong dislike of me. :eek: Good thing I plan to have him cough up the title finally. :D Especially since I have been building a feud between him and mainstream hernandez for 3 mos. We will see how he likes jobbing for a while.;) Serves the little Rip Chord a**-kissing bas***d right. :mad:

Uppercut Bailey got jailed for offending a police officer. Actually this was a long time ago gametime, and he's still in prison :D Hmm, what else. Most of Mexicos true stars, Champange Lover etc, are all unemployed, because all three Mexican promotion are Regional, thus they are too small for them :D JEF opened, and soon went out of business. The same thing is happening to XJW also. WEXXV and 5SSW went bankrupt a long time ago. Also, Economy and Wrestling Industry levels are all from E+ to F- in Canada, Mexico, Japan, Europe and UK :D :D In the US, WI is in A*, and Economy is in E+. *sigh*

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175139]I just had the world's greatest pure technical wrestler, Mr. Modest and Nicest Man In Wrestling 2007, the Big Smack himself, claim that he was the only reason people watch SWF, and should be main eventing, God bless you, Mr Scott. You're truely a character.[/QUOTE] I have no words for how incredible Big Smack Scott is. He truly deserves to Main Event wherever he goes. * As far as promotions going out of business, for the first year I go in to the editor every month and delete the negative sign from any promotion who has one by their dollar mark. Keeps 'em in business, if nothing else.

Archived