Strange events so far

[QUOTE=automatix27;189193]I play the Montreal Aftermath by Carlito, strange things so far: in a game with ecw (i got fired after 6 month :D), the game just forgot about a tag team i had (tracy smothers and jimmy delray) in a game with wcw i hate the owner goals, with prevent me from workers with over b- resilience and basics. (which means, that there are practically no more workers for me to hire) denis rodman died in the first 3 month the game forgot a storyline i had (im pretty sure, that i did not kill it accidently) i can't get jushin liger to sign, who says he can make more money elsewhere, but is unemployed at the moment. and i fired scott hall, who nearly constantly arrived late (and missed a few shows) and i did not extend the contract with hulk hogan, because he didn't want to give up his creative control clause[/QUOTE] Good to see you're having fun :D The storyline disapearances sound strange you might want to post it in the tech forum.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=Remianen;189053]One of them will have to go. Either your champ gives up her head booker spot or she'll leave your promotion. The result of a promotional war means shared workers have to pick a side. At least that's what I've seen.[/QUOTE] She was working for me before we begun our promotional war. They have pinched a couple of Emi Sakuras protoges (She is M's Style Head Booker) and Kyoko Inuoe whereas I have nicked their Upper-midcard and Main Eventers. How much longer until they drop out?

[QUOTE=Anubis;189192]I just can not see any way to make [i]that much[/i] money in such a relatively short time (two years is a mere 24 shows). My sponsor money is my only money, and I get like $3000 each month. My costs [i]before[/i] workers is set at $1300 (show costs and all the others). So yeah, not sure how to add this up to a $25,000 no matter how I twist the math. I already run extremely short shows (30 minutes) with the fewest possible workers. Not sure what other costs I can cut, really, unless it is at the expense of developing [i]any[/i] talent whatsoever. It really just feels like I am screwed no matter which path I take. I either get fired or my roster is FUBAR.[/QUOTE] It's possible - but at 6 months in to the 24 already, I can't see you doing it. Basically, you'd need to have two workers with fantastic chemistry, working a style that appeals to your fans, doing thirty-minute classics each and every month, and costing you $500 or less between them, but bringing in show ratings in the high Cs - anything more at your size is unreasonable. If the fans don't mind seeing the same match 24 times in 24 shows, and nothing else, then you'd likely be up to small, and earning enough money to spread your wings a little. Unhappily for you, you're stuck with a tough goal in an environment where people don't care about wrestling and have no money to spend on it. In such a situation, you can pretty much just hope to learn something from the experience to apply to your next game

[QUOTE=Remianen;189147]rofl OMG that was great! Well, wasn't great for you, but it was a great story. TCW I believe, post-1.3 patch, sits on the precipice of losing National. I think you need to do a B or B+ show to break even or gain some ground. Dang, didn't even get a chance to unpack your boxes. :p[/QUOTE] Yep, I laughed after I got over the initial 'WTF??' reaction, too. :D [Cornell] YOU BLOODY YANK!!! DIDN'T YOU 'EFFEN LISTEN TO ME?? GET YOUR BLOODY PATHETIC ARSE OUT OF MY BLOODY SIGHT!!! [/Cornell] I think he was just pissed that I made him drop the TCW World strap to Giant Tana. (just kidding, even a newb like me knows better than that! :p ) Either I'll have to keep restarting and try not to get that particular goal, or nudge TCW's popularity up a few percentage points in the DB prior to starting, or say the heck with it and try a different fed.

[QUOTE=The Aussie;189262]She was working for me before we begun our promotional war. They have pinched a couple of Emi Sakuras protoges (She is M's Style Head Booker) and Kyoko Inuoe whereas I have nicked their Upper-midcard and Main Eventers. How much longer until they drop out?[/QUOTE] No idea. It may very well be that only newly signed workers have to pick a side. I know I was running a freestyle game with restrictions off and AAA declared war on 5SSW (after I, as 5SSW, requested the working agreement be dissolved) so I signed many of their workers and a week after they signed with me, they left AAA. As an aside, one of those main eventers you nicked better be Mariko Yoshida. *snarl* :p

Guest The Aussie
Don't worry, I'm working with JD Star and Girls Door and I'm sharing Mariko and Takako Inuoe with their promotions. I always hire Miss Yoshida in every real world game, no matter what style of promotion I have.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;189144]Decided to start a new TCW game using the temp 1.3 patch. Do all my day one things, then move to Tuesday. I get my goals, one of which is "the promotion must not fall in size". Book my first show that night, a B- show, which I consider a decent start since I'm still trying to figure the game out a bit. Move to Wednesday. First headline -- "TCW Fall to Cult Size". Second headline -- "TCW Head Booker Position Open". I knew Cornell was going to be a tough boss, but come on now! :-) (Seriously though -- my understanding of the 1.3 size and growth adjustments, as we were warned, would impact old games, but it surprised me that it would have the same effect on a new game; is this the expected behavior?)[/QUOTE] I guess it is the expected behavior, as I experienced EXACTLY what you experienced twice, with TCW. Started a game as TCW, got the owner goal of not being allowed to drop in size, got a B+ show, and after the show, dropped in size and lost my job :( This happened in another TCW game as well. I also experienced this with NOTBPW, but at least had my job for about a month. D'OH!

[QUOTE=James Casey;189287]It's possible - but at 6 months in to the 24 already, I can't see you doing it.[/QUOTE] I imagine it wouldn't be possible even with the full time. Here is a breakdown of everything. Sponsor Money: $3300 Non-Worker Expenses: $1300 Referee: $225 (cheapest referee that won't screw up the matches) Road Agent: $175 (again, cheapest I could get that could do the job right) Lifetime Contracts: $250 (the owner and his son, neither of which are useful) That's $3300 up and $1950 down so far, in expenses I [i]can't[/i] cut or lower in any way. That leaves $1350 per month. For the matches, I have only like a couple of people with enough stamina to go more than 6 minutes, and they don't have the psychology to go more than maybe 9. I have 5 minutes of angles per 30 minutes of show, usually in interviews about the matches, and I use my user character as often as possible (usually in angles like greeting the crowd or stripping to her underwear for a cheap pop), which leaves usually 2-4 matches per show. I can't just use the $100 workers all the time because then my popularity doesn't really go up, but I do try to avoid more expensive workers when possible. Even at the minimum of two matches with $100 workers, I am only gaining $950 each month tops, and that's the ideal, not the reality. 950 x 24 = 22,800 Not enough to fulfill the CRITICAL owner goal. I think the owners should be fixed to take promotion size into consideration no matter what. A Local promotion being limited to B or above Athleticism, for instance, is also one I have seen before that is a killer. I am all for a challenge, but only within reason.

I do agree that owners seem to very rarely take the size of their promotion into consideration when dealing out goals. B- blocks on Athleticism and (less game-breakingly) Resilience, for example, are rediculous for a small fed. As is a cash goal that it's mathematically impossible to meet :p Like you've worked out (I came to 20,280, but I suck at maths :p Must've hired different staff), even if you run unrealistically penny-pinching shows, you'll still fall short of the target by some distance. (You could always edit your cash a day before the goal runs out, then edit it back afterwards, but that's just hax). The point is though, while owners goals are all well and good, some of them are just plainly insane. No local fed's owner would realistically expect to more than double their finances inside two years. They'd be optimistic to expect to SURVIVE two years. Maybe the goals need to be seperated into "tiers". So a small or local fed that was assigned the 'Make x amount' goal, would be assigned the 'Lower tier' for that goal, which might be something like Current Funds + 50%. Quite easily achievable if you know you have to do it. The 'Athleticism' goal would be C- or something at the 'Lower tier'. Rising to B- at the 'Higher Tier'. Some tiers wouldn't use certain goals at all (like the 'Lower tier' wouldn't use the 'works for other companies' block). Something like that could work. Rather than just randomly assigning a value, which it seems to be doing currently (I got D- resilience for TCW, then B- for CZCW...). I love the idea of owner goals, but like so many people have said it really does kill the fun - instead of increase it - when those goals wipe out two thirds of the Cornellverse as possible signings, or guarantee you'll be fired after two years. Bosses being annoying and making retarded decisions are one thing. Bosses making your life impossible and guaranteeing your sacking, are another :p

Yep, I tried it again tonight and got whacked on Wednesday. I think the DB needs to be tweaked so that TCW starts as high Cult size rather than low National size, otherwise starting a game with TCW can be a bit frustrating. Then again, I could try some of the other feds too. As a beginner, I wanted to use a large promotion, but not the largest promotion so that I had something to shoot for. And TCW fits my tastes too -- I see it as what the old AWA could have been had it survived. (Having lived in Minnesota, I am particularly fond of the workers produced from there -- hell I even voted for Jesse Ventura!)

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;189580]IMaybe the goals need to be seperated into "tiers". So a small or local fed that was assigned the 'Make x amount' goal, would be assigned the 'Lower tier' for that goal, which might be something like Current Funds + 50%. Quite easily achievable if you know you have to do it. The 'Athleticism' goal would be C- or something at the 'Lower tier'. Rising to B- at the 'Higher Tier'. Some tiers wouldn't use certain goals at all (like the 'Lower tier' wouldn't use the 'works for other companies' block). Something like that could work. Rather than just randomly assigning a value, which it seems to be doing currently (I got D- resilience for TCW, then B- for CZCW...).[/QUOTE] Good idea D, I like it.

[QUOTE=Anubis;191071]Not a fair comparison, I've never worked on a contract.[/QUOTE] What's the difference, you're representing a company and are being paid to behave in a certain way. Just because Vince sings talent to a contract doesn't mean they don't have to follow WWE code. WWE is a trading company with an image it likes to project as profesional, hence the reason all the workers have a dress code now.

Archived