Few newbie questions...

Ok, I just purchased this (even though I was quickly bored with its predecessors), but are enjoying it immensely so far, even when playing with the Cornellverse (or maybe because of it?) Anyway, I'm playing with AAA, and was wondering if it was more or less profitable to raise the production level on the DVDs? I also signed new wrestler Alicia Strong (who put on my first ever B rated match), but unfortunately, she has a downside guarantee. Does this mean I have to pay her for every show, even though she's not on them? (not really sure what downside entails).

[QUOTE=Rey619;174930]Anyway, I'm playing with AAA, and was wondering if it was more or less profitable to raise the production level on the DVDs? I also signed new wrestler Alicia Strong (who put on my first ever B rated match), but unfortunately, she has a downside guarantee. Does this mean I have to pay her for every show, even though she's not on them? (not really sure what downside entails).[/QUOTE] First off, congratulations on signing Alicia. She's a franchise, without a doubt. Her and Wanda Fish can do for AAA what Sensational Ogiwara and Crusher Ichihara did for 5SSW. Downside is used if you DON'T book the worker. So if a person is signed for $1,000 per appearance with a downside of $1,500. All you have to do is have them appear twice and the downside never becomes a concern. If you don't use them in that month, you'll have to pay them $1,500. Think of downside as 'In case you don't book me, I want this much per month'. It's booking insurance for workers.

Yeah, I'm not running more than one show.. am only down a couple of grand so far, but with Alicia Strong, I suspect it will be more sooner rather than later. The problem is that I have Stardust and Quine on monthly contracts.. Quine is making 4 grand.. really a pain in the ass..

if you are running aaa i wouldnt run more than 1 show a month as you will be fired soon enough.try and use plenty of cheap workers to start with...i would raise ticket prices by $2 a show and raise production levels to just in time....i would try and keep wanda fish she is awesome worker....i always get rid of golden delicious as she spends most of the time injured.

[QUOTE=Rey619;175257]Yeah, I'm not running more than one show.. am only down a couple of grand so far, but with Alicia Strong, I suspect it will be more sooner rather than later. The problem is that I have Stardust and Quine on monthly contracts.. Quine is making 4 grand.. really a pain in the ass..[/QUOTE] try and use all the workers that are on written contracts as much as you can....stardust is pretty good stats and overness use her in angles a lot....quine is a decent worker too so use her as much .....this will save paying ppv money

[QUOTE=paulskln;175259]if you are running aaa i wouldnt run more than 1 show a month as you will be fired soon enough.try and use plenty of cheap workers to start with...i would raise ticket prices by $2 a show and raise production levels to just in time....i would try and keep wanda fish she is awesome worker....i always get rid of golden delicious as she spends most of the time injured.[/QUOTE] Well, the economy is falling... but I'll try next show.. problem is, if I run it in a 2000 max capacity facility I pay 8000 for my 1500 fans. Then it's actually more profitable to rent a 1000 place for 1000 dollars. I have production on above average, but I have yet to see the promised higher merchandise income. I have fired Golden Delicious already, and Stardust is the manager for Missy Masterson (but she's gone soon as well). Is she willing to wrestle? Stardust? I was thinking about doing a One More Match storyline with her. By the way, does it make any difference what weekday you hold your shows on? I noticed all of AAA's shows are on tuesdays, so I changed them to Fridays.. would've thought that was better..

Hmm, I've never had much issue making money with AAA. I run the one show a month until I can get a TV & PPV deal then go up to 5 shows a month (weekly TV show plus the 1 "event"). I run the same feuds/storylines to start out with (Wanda Fish - Catherine Quine, J.Ro - Cherry Bomb, Good Lookin' Bunny - Wild Times, Sara Marie York - Suzue Katayama, and Raven Nightfall - Black Widow) with others interspersed to fill in the cracks. I agree with paulskin though. Golden Delicious is bad news. If you can get MAW as a developmental territory, I'd reneg her to a dev deal and send her to them. During one demo game though, I made her basically a talk show host. She did interviews ala Piper's Pit and even then, she got injured once. Alicia Strong's price is probably too rich for your current situation. She's a huge talent but that comes with a huge price tag as well.

[QUOTE=Rey619;175262]Well, the economy is falling... but I'll try next show.. problem is, if I run it in a 2000 max capacity facility I pay 8000 for my 1500 fans. Then it's actually more profitable to rent a 1000 place for 1000 dollars. I have production on above average, but I have yet to see the promised higher merchandise income. I have fired Golden Delicious already, and Stardust is the manager for Missy Masterson (but she's gone soon as well). Is she willing to wrestle? Stardust? I was thinking about doing a One More Match storyline with her. By the way, does it make any difference what weekday you hold your shows on? I noticed all of AAA's shows are on tuesdays, so I changed them to Fridays.. would've thought that was better..[/QUOTE] i did use her in this way in tew05 im not sure if her stats have changed now though

Well, her stats sucks now, but she was at least willing to become an occasional wrestler. Another question. When I'm told that a character needs something to freshen up, what's meant by that? Alignment change, gimmick change? I've had that come up on many workers (Sara Marie York, Cherry Bomb, etc), and have thought about turning York. Problem is, her Face Work is A, Heel Work is F, and her gimmick is rated to an A. Still she needs to freshen up? Huh.. maybe they mean they should go powder their nose or something..

[QUOTE=Rey619;175309]Well, her stats sucks now, but she was at least willing to become an occasional wrestler. Another question. When I'm told that a character needs something to freshen up, what's meant by that? Alignment change, gimmick change? I've had that come up on many workers (Sara Marie York, Cherry Bomb, etc), and have thought about turning York. Problem is, her Face Work is A, Heel Work is F, and her gimmick is rated to an A. Still she needs to freshen up? Huh.. maybe they mean they should go powder their nose or something..[/QUOTE] i am pretty sure this means they need a gimmick change

Hmm.. thanks.. I might have to do both on York.. shortage of midcard heels here.. I'll give it a shot.. I've still around 100 grand though, so I might just stick with Alicia Strong.. used my user character (Jack Avatar) as a color commentator, saves me 1100 bucks every show :)

Archived