Voodoo Kin Mafia vs WWE

AfRoMaN36

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;175007]Nick, I'm just throwing thoughts in the air. I'm not trying to take away your program at all, nor am I trying to talk you out of your beliefs. The thread was asking what should WWE do. I think most of us aggree they should just ignore TNA and keep there story's tight, angles right, and work on giving us a show on their three shows... Bassically, IMO, Even if WWE wanted to respond, they kind of got their hands too full to, at the moment. They have most their roster in the desert, they have three programs to work on, and have a ton of talent to try to get out there.... Even Vince said he wanted more worker's highlighted for WWE, so no one dissagree's with your saying WWE has a habbit of holding people back... But hey, they said that before, and WCW was in TNA's place. Only WCW had alot more Clout to throw around. Then WCW did exactly what WWE was accused of, and started only highlighting the older stars, and not giving the other's a chance. TNA should wait till they have the clout, then start pushing when its' actually a threat. All of a sudden people like Rhyno, Sting, etc... are coming out of the limelight... They should just go back into the shadows where they were before, because now is the time to let their TRUE stars shine, which they are not doing. TNA is the one's holding people back these days. WWE has a whole lot of NEW talent they have been displaying. For example's... Bobby Lashley, Kenny just beat Ric Flair legitimately without cheating. Cryme Time! London and Kendricks! The womans division seems to be picking up... the wrestling is getting better (for them), the last two or three match's were legitimate wrestling match's, instead of stripping or whatever. The Miz! The Boogieman! My eyes are open. What matter's is whats being seen, not house shows. These are my opinions, only opinions, and mine are no better then yours.[/QUOTE] I agree. McMahon realized what he needs to do. HHH cant hold the belt forever and the ratings slump showed it. for for a good portion of the summer the Ratings were in the fours. (now in the upper 3's) And the feuds of the summers where of Cena vs Edge. RVD had gold. Lashley became big. They where giving the new guys a chance. Rather than TNA resorting to guys the WWE felt was no longer good enough for them. Dont get me wrong, I respect these men with all my heart. Takes alot of skills to master their craft, and thats what they should worry about now... not starting a fight with a company that can eat their face in any given second. [QUOTE=NickC13573;175010]didnt they tape tribute to the troops like 2 weeks b4 christmas?[/QUOTE] No, It was live. HHH even refused to go to spend Xmas with his family.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrestling today has become stale, and i'm talking about both TNA and WWE. Too much story, not enough wrestling. Wrestling need to go back to how it was, a quick promo backstage to advance a storyline and then a match. Strangely, ECW seems to have it closer to what it should be. Watching Edge (just an example) ramble on for 20 minutes during one of his (laughable) "extreme" promo's is just dull and boring. I haven't watched wrestling on TV for over 2 months now and I only watch the PPV's if there's something i'd particularly like to see.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;175010]didnt they tape tribute to the troops like 2 weeks b4 christmas?[/QUOTE] They've been going there every year, but I think they been there longer then ever this time.... Even Smackdown was just a highlight show this week (they even showed PPV highlights, long ones, dating back to when Mysterior had the gold), because they are not all back yet. The Raw show was live, and had people from all three shows on it. It was really nice to see it, and the different highlights with Undertaker and all of them having fun with the troops. You could see smiles on all their face's, and the timing is right. Holiday's away from home always sucks, and bringing that to them (did you guys see all the T-Shirts they gave away?) was just heartwarming. Now I know its a win win situation, as they themselves said. They get to go there and give something special to the troops, and at the same time (although, like Edge said, it's not going to change anything, just a little relief in the middle is all it was), they get people like myself saying "Wow! That was just awesome of you!!" So it's a win win situation. So putting down the WWE right now is like, well, Unpatriatic (did I spell that right?). Maybe they will show that again, or maybe you can catch a highlight or two off the internet sometime... I really don't see anyone having anything bad to say about that part of WWE.

Much of the internet community will always find something negative to say though. Its dumb because if they dont like Sports entertainment they can just stop wacthinf and watch ROH. Instaead they waste their time complaining on one genre as if its going to change. I did love the tribute to the troops. I esspecially loved seeing the trrosp fighting over Torries undergarnments.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;175024]Wrestling today has become stale, and i'm talking about both TNA and WWE. Too much story, not enough wrestling. Wrestling need to go back to how it was, a quick promo backstage to advance a storyline and then a match. Strangely, ECW seems to have it closer to what it should be. Watching Edge (just an example) ramble on for 20 minutes during one of his (laughable) "extreme" promo's is just dull and boring. I haven't watched wrestling on TV for over 2 months now and I only watch the PPV's if there's something i'd particularly like to see.[/QUOTE] Like my Dad said (who is over 60)... When watching Raw with me a couple of weeks ago. When the girl get's the ref's attention and can't see that the "good guy" is pinning the "bad" guy, he says........"And there you go. I've watched this crap for over 40 years, and it hasn't changed at all. She's distracting the referee so he can't see her man getting beat". My Dad doesn't like wrestling, needless to say. However, he will turn it on when I go visit with my family (mainly because my son wants to see it I think, not because of me, lol). That told me alot right there... And I watched wrestling back in the D.O.T.T days by the way. I remember alot of 20 minute Piper crap (although I loved it), Cyndi Lauper, Lou Albino, and I remember alot of cheating, and talking "Whatchya gonna do Brother!! Watchya gonna do when all these Hulkamaniacs out there come down on YOU!!" This was over 20 years ago. I'm 40, I was in High School. This so called non wrestling has been going on forever. They had all these "manager's" doing alot of talking for alot of them, but it was still there. Traditional, Entertainment, Wrestler, Superstar.. blah blah blah, lol. Remember the angle with Randy Savage, Having his wife on the TV screen, begging him to come home? HOw long was that again? That went on for a very long time, like 40 minutes or something like that. Now, I understand having a rememberence or a sort of nastolgia of days when wrestling was wrestling, etc. Thats great! I feel the same way! That's why I can't wait for D.O.T.T to come out. Brings me back to the "Good Ole' Days". Undertaker, what I'm saying is just that everyone has a little glitch, or something they really like about the bussiness, or about the entertainment of the industry. You can like TNA, WWE or anything in between. Roh, or AWA, from back in the day. It's your preference. The main thing is, when they get big that's what happens to them all.... Everytime they get the more popular wrestler's, they let them have a mic, and then it's all downhill if that's not your cup of tea. Right now, my cup of tea is good. We have three main even gold wearer's, that at least LOOK like they should be the one's to have it. Batista looks like he should be the one in Smackdown, Lashley by far in ECW, Cena, I hate to say for all the Cena haters, it really looks like that is where it belongs. I bring that up because that has not happened in the last two years I've been watching. Mysterio as Heavyweight Champion? LOL... I loved it, but it didn't look right.

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;175042]Much of the internet community will always find something negative to say though. Its dumb because if they dont like Sports entertainment they can just stop wacthinf and watch ROH. Instaead they waste their time complaining on one genre as if its going to change. I did love the tribute to the troops. I esspecially loved seeing the trrosp fighting over Torries undergarnments.[/QUOTE] OMG, I forgot all about that till you just brought it up, lol. They were really FIGHTING OVER IT!! I was surprised they didn't rip in half, or maybe they did, I don't know... I know that more then a couple people had a good grip on it, and was like watching someone trying to get ahold of a loose football in a superbowl, lol.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;175024]Wrestling today has become stale, and i'm talking about both TNA and WWE. Too much story, not enough wrestling. Wrestling need to go back to how it was, a quick promo backstage to advance a storyline and then a match. Strangely, ECW seems to have it closer to what it should be. Watching Edge (just an example) ramble on for 20 minutes during one of his (laughable) "extreme" promo's is just dull and boring. I haven't watched wrestling on TV for over 2 months now and I only watch the PPV's if there's something i'd particularly like to see.[/QUOTE] I'd agree with this. I prefer TNA over WWE but they're moving away from their area of strength. Man for man, TNA has a far more capable roster of WRESTLERS. Yet they want to take their show to the circus level of the 800 lb gorilla. It's stupid to me. I haven't been to a WWE event since Wrestlemania XX and if the tickets to that weren't free (client invited me), I wouldn't have even gone to see that. [QUOTE=djthefunkchris;175007]TNA is the one's holding people back these days. WWE has a whole lot of NEW talent they have been displaying. For example's... Bobby Lashley, Kenny just beat Ric Flair legitimately without cheating. Cryme Time! London and Kendricks! [I][B]The womans division seems to be picking up... the wrestling is getting better (for them), the last two or three match's were legitimate wrestling match's,[/B][/I] instead of stripping or whatever. The Miz! The Boogieman![/QUOTE] We'll have to agree to disagree on this point, especially the part I bolded. I don't see how an entire division can "pick up" when they only have THREE capable workers (2 on RAW, 1 on Smackdown). They have workers in OVW and DSW that could wrestle the daylights out of most of their so-called "women wrestlers" (Krissy Vaine and Shantelle Taylor, to name TWO) and it's always a shame to watch the spectacle they call women's wrestling on Smackdown. To see Jillian Hall (who CAN wrestle, quite well) have to dumb down her game because the people she has to work with can't take a basic bump without breaking bones (hi Ashley!), is sad to me. They have Takako Inoue locked into a deal, wasting away, trying to water down her style (can you see Layla El taking a Takako Panic?). I will say that I like London & Kendrick and Cryme Tyme. I like Mr Kennedy's mic work (generally). I don't have any problems with storylines per se. I just think they have to make some kind of sense, in the general scheme of things. I also like to see movesets evolve and that doesn't happen very often in the 'E. And I won't even get into the practice of banning moves. Wrestling ability isn't really a requirement in WWE so that kinda turns me off as well. I despise Randy "Mr. Rest Hold" Orton and Edge. I think if they gave CM Punk the kind of Jesus push they gave Orton, he'd be the WWE's savior. Then again, I'm willing to bet they'll put the ECW title on Test before Punk even gets considered. Business wise, it wouldn't make sense for WWE to acknowledge TNA. The WWE has possession of a HUGE spotlight. Shining it on TNA isn't going to help them one bit. This VKM thing is stupid and just a way for TNA to find a use for folks they don't have match ideas for. So you have them call out people you know aren't going to be able to actually show up, so BG and Kip can have face time without actually DOING anything.

Ashley has been looking better then before though. I don't know if she is getting training or what. I do know, that there were some good moves, although plain as daylight to see was choragraphed, and worked on for a good while. I have high hopes for Layla (or at least I had, till I see them dressing her up like a barbie toy), she is probably one of the best actually physically fit women that they have hired in quite a while. I aggree with the development, but wasn't even thinking about them (Although can't wait for a couple of them to make it). Ashley is a turn off to me, something else besides sucky wrestling, I think it's the string legs... that look like twigs that can be broken without much effort. Raw, Mickey James, Victoria actually working the ring again, MARIA learning something? Melina can "look" viscious, Torrie, well... Then there is one that I am watching a little closer..... That's Candice Michelle, who is supposed to be training really hard. I mean, there was a couple of stories on this, not sure if she is still doing it or not. Anyways, in case you haven't heard of it, was something about her training in a couple of kind of out of the way area's, to get a more realistic and hardcore moveset. Maybe she is one of the one's working with Takoko, I don't remember exactly. I do know that Vince is trying to find a way to train the woman though. After that online interview he gave, he seen the amount of people that asked about why he don't have woman in a more legitimate area... His answer was that there wasn't a whole lot out there to train specifically "woman" with... Then all of a sudden I hear about the girl you mentioned being hired, as well as hints on something being created for the diva's to be more creative or something. Anyways, don't count them out yet. I completely forgot about Kennedy. I like him, or, maybe I hate him, I don't know... but I imitate him when he is about to come out just to drive my wife nuts. Then there is MVP. I don't know why, but I like him. He gets hit so much (Kane's uppercuts, lol, god!) it hurts me.... yet something about the little powerranger I like, lol. I think it's just cuz he always looks so convincing, that he is getting his butt beat badly, lol. My point about the woman's division, was they were having actual match's instead of Strip Poker, or bra and panty type match's, or even just bikini contests. I like seeing them do a match, and Mickey James is just plain fun to watch to me. Victoria makes me want to get out a little pair of scizzor's, and just go /snip! I don't think it would even slow her down.

Mickie and Victoria can handle the division for now. Melina can wrestle and I wouldnt be shocked to see her compete more with Trish and Lita being no more. Jillian Hall needs to get her butt to Raw. And Candice, from what I hear sounds as if she will become the next Trish Stratus. (eye candy who learns to wrestle) Ms McCool is also quite the athletic young woman and may have potential. I love Torrie and will never say an evil thing about her. She WANTS to wrestle unlike most of the divas and god bless her. She'll get better as long as she remains on Raw. And with a couple of introductions from OVW in the future. I think the womens division will become promising in the future. Not great... but promising.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;175049]I remember alot of cheating, and talking "Whatchya gonna do Brother!! Watchya gonna do when all these Hulkamaniacs out there come down on YOU!!" This was over 20 years ago. I'm 40, I was in High School.[/quote] But I don't think anyone could deny that the Hulkster could cut a good promo, lets face it, he didn't get over with his wrestling ability! :D But I remember back in the day, the interviews that Mean Gene and co would have with the wrestlers in the locker room. Jake 'The Snake' Roberts (or whoever) would tell everyone what was going to happen for a few minutes and off they'd go to the match itself. Great, that is [B]all[/B] we need. What we don't need is Edge in the ring for 20 minutes talking about Cena, then a video showing Edge getting a tour of Cena's folks house and then bitch slapping Cena's dad. What happens at the beginning of nearly every Raw? Twenty freakin' minutes of talking, someone will run in because of what's been said, the original talker will escape from the ring, walk back up the ramp and then...... commercial break. It leaves me with a "wtf?! I could've sworn this was a wrestling show" feeling. When I was at my brother's house I used to occasionally put Raw or Smackdown on. My brother always said "don't they actually wrestle anymore?". [quote=djthefunkchris]This so called non wrestling has been going on forever. They had all these "manager's" doing alot of talking for alot of them, but it was still there.[/quote] But even then, the managers could talk the talk. Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Jim Cornette etc. could talk circles around the majority of "superstars" (we can't call them wrestlers, oh no :rolleyes:) around today. [quote=djthefunkchris]Now, I understand having a rememberence or a sort of nastolgia of days when wrestling was wrestling, etc. Thats great! I feel the same way![/quote] I myself thought maybe my memory was fuzzy on how it all used to be, as most things aren't like how you remembered them are they, Star Wars anyone? But since getting Wrestlemania 1-11 on DVD it's reminded me of how much I love WRESTLING, not "Sports Entertainment", i'd much rather watch any of the older WWF stuff than the crap that's out there today. Fantastic matches like Savage vs Steamboat, Bret Hart vs Owen Hart and so on. The closest we've probably got to matches like that recently were Angle vs HBK. [quote=djthefunkchris]The main thing is, when they get big that's what happens to them all.... Everytime they get the more popular wrestler's, they let them have a mic, and then it's all downhill if that's not your cup of tea. [/quote] I don't mind a promo here and there as it certainly adds to feuds but WWE has taken it too far in the storyline direction. You can watch a two hour RAW and only see 20 minutes of actual wrestling, it's ridiculous! Hell, they don't even call their people "Road Agents" anymore, they're now "Producers". Jeeeeeeeeeez........ :rolleyes: [quote=Remianen]I'd agree with this. I prefer TNA over WWE but they're moving away from their area of strength. Man for man, TNA has a far more capable roster of WRESTLERS. Yet they want to take their show to the circus level of the 800 lb gorilla. It's stupid to me.[/quote] At one point I actually preferred TNA over WWE because of the wrestling that was on show, the X Division's Ultimate X matches in particular impressed me immensely as it was something new and fresh. But now it's like they're trying to be just like WWE and failing miserably because of it. [quote=Remianen]Business wise, it wouldn't make sense for WWE to acknowledge TNA. The WWE has possession of a HUGE spotlight. Shining it on TNA isn't going to help them one bit.[/quote] It's laughable to me because TNA are obviously trying to get a reaction from WWE but as you've said, it's not in WWE's interest to retaliate. People will see all this VKM crap on TNA and then watch WWE to see if they respond so TNA are actually giving people a reason to watch WWE! It's crazy. A similar WCW moment was when they announced that Mankind was going to beat The Rock for the title, people then switched over to watch the WWF match. [quote=djfunkthechris]I completely forgot about Kennedy. I like him, or, maybe I hate him, I don't know... but I imitate him when he is about to come out just to drive my wife nuts.[/quote] I liked Mr Kennedy when he first debuted as he was funny with his gimmick. "This week I weigh in at 264lbs.... yep, gained a pound". lmao. Or when Booker T (King Booker - blah) was talking to Sharmell and Kennedy interrupted. "Misssssssssterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr KENNEDY", he walked off camera, cue Booker and Sharmell look confused "who was that?", just when you thought the skit was over then he popped his head back in shot and "KENNNNEDYYYY!!!!". lmao. :D But now he's gone all "heel serious" and it bores me to tears. [quote=Undertaker666]Armando Alejandro Esssssstrada. The crowds seem to like him and Vince likes him. I think he's an irritating hamster cheeked idiot.[/quote] ^ My own quote, just felt like putting that random thought in there. :p

You guys are truly forgetting that the times have changed. We shifted from wrestling in the 80's because wrestling in the 80's was what caused the WWF to do so poorly to the wCw in the beggining. If you fdo not like the 20 minute promos... you have the choice to pull out an ROH video and have fun. Their is virtually no talking their. Yes this is wrestling. But its even in TEW where their are diffrent genres of Pro wrestling. and the sports entertainment genre has the tendency to build a story like Edge attacking Cenas dad. If you dont like that, their are plenty more genres out their. but fact is, the vast majority like this stuff (ratings climb proves it)

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;175104]If you do not like the 20 minute promos... you have the choice to pull out an ROH video and have fun. Their is virtually no talking their.[/quote] But why should I have to buy a video/dvd to get my wrestling fix? I should be able to enjoy a wrestling product that's shown on TV! [quote=AfRoMaN36]but fact is, the vast majority like this stuff (ratings climb proves it)[/QUOTE] More and more people seem to be getting sick of it, a decrease in WWE's PPV buys proves that.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;175109]But why should I have to buy a video/dvd to get my wrestling fix? I should be able to enjoy a wrestling product that's shown on TV! More and more people seem to be getting sick of it, a decrease in WWE's PPV buys proves that.[/QUOTE] People dont buy PPVs now because their is like.... 20 of them out now. their is like 2 a month and the buyers are becoming burnt out. That is all. (Adam even wrote that as a consequence in TEW if you put too many) And you have every right to enjoy wrestling.... the WWE will give you wrestling. but then if you really want to watch wrestling and youre watching a sports entertainment genre type of wrestling. You will just have to settle for less wrestling. But you cant short change their roster. Its full of talent. (RVD, HBK, Hardyz, CM, etc) but you'll just settle for a few minutes less of it. Raw only has 2 hours to do their thing that MAKES them SE and then gve yo urh wrestling end of it. The 3 hour Raw gave me enough wrestling to keep me happy for a while. It was a great show with mostly wrestling. showing you they CAN do it.

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;175114]People dont buy PPVs now because their is like.... 20 of them out now. their is like 2 a month and the buyers are becoming burnt out. That is all. (Adam even wrote that as a consequence in TEW if you put too many)[/quote] To me it would seem a bit pointless watching four weeks of storylines and then not seeing the end match or the match to further a feud. I think it's because the product is as good, not because people are becoming burnt out. Just my opinion, but you could be right though and unless we ask each one of the thousands of people that don't buy the PPV's we'll never know. [quote=AfRoMaN36]And you have every right to enjoy wrestling.... the WWE will give you wrestling. but then if you really want to watch wrestling and youre watching a sports entertainment genre type of wrestling. You will just have to settle for less wrestling. But you cant short change their roster. Its full of talent. (RVD, HBK, Hardyz, CM, etc) but you'll just settle for a few minutes less of it. Raw only has 2 hours to do their thing that MAKES them SE and then gve yo urh wrestling end of it.[/QUOTE] I'm not choosing WWE over any other product though, it's simply through a lack of choice of wrestling to watch on TV that I watched WWE. I'm not short changing their roster by any means though, on paper it's fantastic, but with the talent they've got they should be able to provide a much better product. [quote=AfRoMaN36]The 3 hour Raw gave me enough wrestling to keep me happy for a while. It was a great show with mostly wrestling. showing you they CAN do it.[/quote] Because I haven't watched Raw in ages I can't really comment on that. What I can tell you is that when the 3 hour Raw Reunion was on a while ago, we in the UK only had an extremely edited 2 hour version. I can't remember what it was exactly but it was something to do with Ric Flair that I REALLY wanted to see but because i'm in the UK I got shafted and it wasn't even aired! Here's a little tidbit of information for you which you may not know, being an American. We in the UK have to have pay £131.50 (about $260) a year for a licence simply to watch television (i'm not joking). If you don't have a licence then you pay a huge fine, don't pay fine and you go to prison. For the price of our licence we get [B]FIVE[/B] tv channels to watch and all five are full of crap. If you want to watch wrestling then you have to buy a satellite package which then in turn costs you even more money each month, and yet more if you want to watch certain PPV's. The main reason I got the satellite package was so that I could watch wrestling and football (soccer). So because I spend a large amount of money each year just so I can watch wrestling I expect something better than what i'm currently seeing. If I didn't have to pay to watch WWE then I couldn't care less what they do, but seeing as I pay approx. £653.50 (about $1300) each year (which isn't even including the additional PPV prices) I think i've every right to expect a decent product.

*I'd hafta reiforce my opinion that people are in fact burnt out. I am a part time buyer of PPV's but I refuse to pay 40 bucks 2 times a month for 2 PPV's it is just exausting and it makes it harder to build hype for a PPV when their is one every other week. Thats All i think it is. Ratings remain high (and I mean Ratings war high), but buy rates are low. Its the only possible theory *Perhaps if the WWE were a pure or traditional product then maybe you would get something to your liking. but unfortuantly their not. And like Rock genres theyre not all the same kind of rock you like. I think that one is all up to tastes. * That really sucks about your TV fee, but like I said. The majority of people love what they put on but not all Rock genres are your rock genre. You cant say its awful though, I will admit an extra minute of wrestling would do some good, but aslong as everything they do entertains me I wont complain.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;175109]But why should I have to buy a video/dvd to get my wrestling fix? I should be able to enjoy a wrestling product that's shown on TV![/QUOTE] I disagree with this assertion. Face it, you should be able to enjoy whatever the hell the crowd is enjoying. That's how it works. Just like Britney Spears isn't "successful" due to her talent (being devoid of it), the same thing can be said for many other examples in the world of entertainment. You don't have to be GOOD to succeed in entertainment, after all. Buying a DVD to get your wrestling fix is the ONLY way you have to show people what you want (and will pay for). That's also why I disagree with folks who say that WWE's women's division will improve any. Right now, Johnny Ace could sign a dozen women who, within minutes of putting pen to contract, could walk out and put on a match that would be worthy for the MIDDLE section of Wrestlemania (NOT the opening match). Just like that. The reason that's not done is because Vince is smarter than people give him credit for. Truly capable women's workers are intimidating to many men. So you have to take the edge off them by making them look "hot" so it's easier to objectify them. An intimidated man is not going to hand over his money willingly, if he has a choice. And with WWE's audience being primarily male, it's a tightrope that has to be dealt with delicately. I agree with you Taker in that I think WWE overdoes it. But "the masses" eat it up so who can blame them for continuing to pander to that fanbase? These are the same people who chant "BORING!" when Regal & Finlay put on an excellent European style match. Afroman's point is well taken, though perhaps not in exactly the same way he intended. Find a promotion (or a few) who put on the kinds of shows you prefer and support that promotion. To this day, if Dave Prazak put the SHIMMER logo on doilies, I'd buy up a bunch, even if I had no use for them. Hell, there might be 2 matches on any APW DVD that I want to watch but I buy 'em all anyway. I have WEW DVDs with matches featuring Alexis Laree (aka Mickie James) and she was a whole lot more fun to watch then (even being as green as she was). Point is, money talks, rhetoric walks. No one cares about real wrestling anymore, if you check the receipts. If they did, WWE wouldn't be on top (they'd be hemorrhaging money). People want a simple entertainment vehicle and that's what WWE provides. If people (speaking with their wallets) said they wanted more wrestling than jibberjabber, WWE would feature more wrestling and less jibberjabber. It's really that simple, to me. It's also why TNA is going in the direction they're going. They're trying to get a piece of that action. [QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;175129]Ratings remain high (and I mean Ratings war high), but buy rates are low. Its the only possible theory[/QUOTE] Umm, no offense, but that's categorically false. During the Monday Night Wars (which is what I assume you mean by 'ratings war'), WWE easily broke 6.0. Today, they struggle to consistently break 4.0. [URL="http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwfraw.htm"]Look here[/URL] and see that. They haven't broken 4 since August.

[QUOTE=Remianen;175133]I disagree with this assertion. Face it, you should be able to enjoy whatever the hell the crowd is enjoying. That's how it works. Just like Britney Spears isn't "successful" due to her talent (being devoid of it), the same thing can be said for many other examples in the world of entertainment. You don't have to be GOOD to succeed in entertainment, after all. Buying a DVD to get your wrestling fix is the ONLY way you have to show people what you want (and will pay for). That's also why I disagree with folks who say that WWE's women's division will improve any. Right now, Johnny Ace could sign a dozen women who, within minutes of putting pen to contract, could walk out and put on a match that would be worthy for the MIDDLE section of Wrestlemania (NOT the opening match). Just like that. The reason that's not done is because Vince is smarter than people give him credit for. Truly capable women's workers are intimidating to many men. So you have to take the edge off them by making them look "hot" so it's easier to objectify them. An intimidated man is not going to hand over his money willingly, if he has a choice. And with WWE's audience being primarily male, it's a tightrope that has to be dealt with delicately. I agree with you Taker in that I think WWE overdoes it. But "the masses" eat it up so who can blame them for continuing to pander to that fanbase? These are the same people who chant "BORING!" when Regal & Finlay put on an excellent European style match. Afroman's point is well taken, though perhaps not in exactly the same way he intended. Find a promotion (or a few) who put on the kinds of shows you prefer and support that promotion. To this day, if Dave Prazak put the SHIMMER logo on doilies, I'd buy up a bunch, even if I had no use for them. Hell, there might be 2 matches on any APW DVD that I want to watch but I buy 'em all anyway. I have WEW DVDs with matches featuring Alexis Laree (aka Mickie James) and she was a whole lot more fun to watch then (even being as green as she was). Point is, money talks, rhetoric walks. No one cares about real wrestling anymore, if you check the receipts. If they did, WWE wouldn't be on top (they'd be hemorrhaging money). People want a simple entertainment vehicle and that's what WWE provides. If people (speaking with their wallets) said they wanted more wrestling than jibberjabber, WWE would feature more wrestling and less jibberjabber. It's really that simple, to me. It's also why TNA is going in the direction they're going. They're trying to get a piece of that action.[/QUOTE] *100% agreed *That WAS what I meant *Mickie James is much more fun and perky than Alexis Laree *WHO CHANTS BORING AT FINLAY? I'LL KICK THAT PERSONS A$$ "My name... is Finlay... and I love to fight!"

Valid points by all, I can't really say much more as I think i've vented enough for one month. :D The last i'll say on the matter which is semi-related is from this: [quote=Remianen]These are the same people who chant "BORING!" when Regal & Finlay put on an excellent European style match.[/quote] I sometimes wonder what the average WWE fan wants to see as i've heard the crowds chant "BORING" during angles, great technical matches (like you mentioned) and even main events, Booker vs Batista for example (I can understand this one though ;)).

[QUOTE=wooodaddy;176696]Did anyone else notice DX's HBK's referral of people last night when he talked about him and HHH still being there and others have come and gone? Could this be directed at VKM? I took it as a huge possibility...[/QUOTE] It was. Subtle to most fans, blatant to others. For the record, though I saw it as blatant, I have to give props to whoever wrote it for the phrasing they used. It doesn't scream 'VKM!', it implies it in a way that people who aren't already familiar with the goings-on in TNA (which would probably be most of WWE's fans), would have no freakin' clue who they're talking about. Brilliant!

[QUOTE=Remianen;176709]It was. Subtle to most fans, blatant to others. For the record, though I saw it as blatant, I have to give props to whoever wrote it for the phrasing they used. It doesn't scream 'VKM!', it implies it in a way that people who aren't already familiar with the goings-on in TNA (which would probably be most of WWE's fans), would have no freakin' clue who they're talking about. Brilliant![/QUOTE] I agree, it was clear to me and of course you as well Remi, we tend to see the same things, so I figured that I could count on you to know what the heck I'm talking about :D I wonder what VKM or (some others that have come and gone) will do at Impact or (another company) ;)

Archived