intense physicallity to much?

What exactly does that mean? I just booked two shows, with no gimmick matches, and still get that notice? How do you book a puppy vs. puppy match? haha. Any help on what that means and how to correct it would rock. Note, I'm a sports entertainment-ey fed (similar styles to that of SWF) and I've been running in the proper venues... so I dunno.

If you have your Physical rating too high for your promotion, that means that it's very stiff. Having 100% would mean it's a very realistic fed, and pretty much shoot fights. If you're a sports entertainment fed, you definitely want to bring your physical rating down because the fans are expecting "softer" matches.

Intensity should be in line with your product. A product that is mainly Mainstream shouldn't be too intense. I have to say that this part of the Product thing is one of the most troublesome of the new way of deciding what your product is, imo. I'm not sure what assigning Intensity really adds in terms of game play (All you do is play with a slider until the game is happy...), and without some kind of guideline as to what you SHOULD have your intensity and Danger set to (Based on Product) it's a total crap shoot as to wether you nail it out of the box. Sure after a few months all the dedicated players will have figured this out, but for a new user this is just going to be a constant headache. We've already seen multiple threads started about this. Suggestions: A The game should calculate an ideal Intensity and Danger rating for each fed based on all the product settings (Realism, Traditional, etc...). Get rid of the Sliders completely. B In the editor there should be an option to assign or atleast to have displayed a fed "Ideal Intensity and Danger" values based upon the product selections currently made. Kind of like the "Estimate Size" button in the popularity section.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;175204]Intensity should be in line with your product. A product that is mainly Mainstream shouldn't be too intense. I have to say that this part of the Product thing is one of the most troublesome of the new way of deciding what your product is, imo. I'm not sure what assigning Intensity really adds in terms of game play (All you do is play with a slider until the game is happy...), and without some kind of guideline as to what you SHOULD have your intensity and Danger set to (Based on Product) it's a total crap shoot as to wether you nail it out of the box. Sure after a few months all the dedicated players will have figured this out, but for a new user this is just going to be a constant headache. We've already seen multiple threads started about this. Suggestions: A The game should calculate an ideal Intensity and Danger rating for each fed based on all the product settings (Realism, Traditional, etc...). Get rid of the Sliders completely. B In the editor there should be an option to assign or atleast to have displayed a fed "Ideal Intensity and Danger" values based upon the product selections currently made. Kind of like the "Estimate Size" button in the popularity section.[/QUOTE] I think the issue is that we make it difficult for ourselves. If we choose a modern, traditional, hardcore, pure, realistic product then yeah, you've probably backed yourself into a 5% window for danger and intensity. However, if you go for a modern hardcore product, you give yourself a much wider window. You can cover too many bases.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;175204]Intensity should be in line with your product. A product that is mainly Mainstream shouldn't be too intense. I have to say that this part of the Product thing is one of the most troublesome of the new way of deciding what your product is, imo. I'm not sure what assigning Intensity really adds in terms of game play (All you do is play with a slider until the game is happy...), and without some kind of guideline as to what you SHOULD have your intensity and Danger set to (Based on Product) it's a total crap shoot as to wether you nail it out of the box. Sure after a few months all the dedicated players will have figured this out, but for a new user this is just going to be a constant headache. We've already seen multiple threads started about this. Suggestions: A The game should calculate an ideal Intensity and Danger rating for each fed based on all the product settings (Realism, Traditional, etc...). Get rid of the Sliders completely. B In the editor there should be an option to assign or atleast to have displayed a fed "Ideal Intensity and Danger" values based upon the product selections currently made. Kind of like the "Estimate Size" button in the popularity section.[/QUOTE] Do you want a button to book an "Ideal Show" for you too? It can be so annoying when something goes wrong and you don't get an A* rating >.<

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175363]Do you want a button to book an "Ideal Show" for you too? It can be so annoying when something goes wrong and you don't get an A* rating >.<[/QUOTE] I'm sorry but that is total B.S. of the highest order. ALOT goes into booking a show. Setting intensity comes down to pushing a slider until the game stops giving you warning messages. There is NO strategic element whatsoever. It's EXACTLY like in games past where you would hire backstage staff (TEW04 & EWR). There was no strategy, you just did a search and hired the guy's with the highest rating who would work for your fed. Micro-Management for the sake of micro-management is the enemy.

[QUOTE=eayragt;175312]I think the issue is that we make it difficult for ourselves. If we choose a modern, traditional, hardcore, pure, realistic product then yeah, you've probably backed yourself into a 5% window for danger and intensity. However, if you go for a modern hardcore product, you give yourself a much wider window. You can cover too many bases.[/QUOTE] That's certainly part of the problem. I've actually made a formula to come up with decent Intensity and Danger ratings. I assign each product value a numerical value(Very Low = 5, Low = 10, Medium = 15, High = 20, Key = 25), add up certain ones for Intensity (Modern, Realism, Hyper-Realism, Pure), others for Danger (Modern, Lucha, Hardcore, Dare Devil) and multiply the number by (100-Traditional*2)/100 for intensity and (100-Mainstream*2)/100 for danger. Still testing the results I'm using it as a guideline.

I have to agree with D-Lyrium on this one. I think part of the problem we're seeing now is that we cried out for more realism for years, and now with TEW07 we have a game that takes into account so many different variables as to be almost as perplexing as booking a real show. With more time invested though we'll learn about all the new variables and tweaks and eventually those of us that are willing to put the time in will be able to mold their product, their roster, and their shows to get maximum effectiveness. Like Guns N Roses sang, "All we need is just a little patience."

Sorry, that was probably a bit harsh. But come on.. We have a button for automatic pushes because people couldn't be arsed to do it themselves. We've got a button for filtering out Gimmicks that workers aren't suited for, because God forbid we should give someone a gimmick they were 0.5% charisma away from being perfect for... We can filter the Other Worker's list for everything under the sun, because finding a promising worker yourself is apparently too much effort... It just seems like people want a button for everything that requires thought. Just in case they make a small misjudgement and it ruins the perfection of their promotion. Nothing in the world is perfect. No wrestling show in history has been perfect. No promotion in the world has a perfect roster, with everyone working a perfect gimmick, in the perfect place on the card, having perfect chemistry with every opponent. No show has the perfect product to keep every one of it's fans happy. So bloody what if your matches are too intense for the fans liking? Learn your lesson and tone it down, or tell the fans that don't like it where to go. ECW didn't go crying to mummy because the mainstream audience said they were too violent. Hell, they didn't even listen when Vince McMahon told them the same thing. They ploughed on regardless and had fun. Why can't people playing TEW do the same? Why does everything need to be absolutely perfect right from the very first show? Live and learn. Adapt. You have to do it in everything else, why is it so difficult in TEW (which, by the way, isn't perfect either)? Sorry again if this sounds harsh. It's just the way I am :p

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175413]ECW didn't go crying to mummy because the mainstream audience said they were too violent. Hell, they didn't even listen when Vince McMahon told them the same thing. They ploughed on regardless and had fun. Why can't people playing TEW do the same? Why does everything need to be absolutely perfect right from the very first show? Live and learn. Adapt. You have to do it in everything else, why is it so difficult in TEW (which, by the way, isn't perfect either)? Sorry again if this sounds harsh. It's just the way I am :p[/QUOTE] I love the realiism in TEW. Yes, I'm getting lousy ratings running a local promotion with no high overness wrestlers, but I'm having fun. and I have 3 wrestlers the fans don't care for due to their styles. yes, I keep them around cause they are good performers.

The thing I dont like is the way I book my shows is the promotion I want to run, and it seems the whole slider system and such of the product bar is kinda stupid since you basically have to pick the fans who come to your show. In real life, ROH draws the fans it does because how it books, it dosnt book the way it does based on the fans it makes come to the show somehow...

You don't "choose" who you want to come to the show. But every product, wrestling show, or fast food meal, or child's toy, or aerasol, every product ever, is aimed at a target audience. When Feinstein set RoH up, he was trying to appeal to vaguely the same audience that came to late ECW shows (because they were based in the same area, and were set up to fill the void of video sales that ECW's closure left RF Video with). So the product obviously wasn't aimed at the mainstream. To start with, it featured fast-paced technicians and high fliers fighting each other purely because the fans wanted to see it. And guess what? The target audience wanted to see that kind of thing. So they liked it. And it gradually evolved into what it is now. If they'd promoted the show the way they did, and then filled "The Era Of Honor Begins" with ultraviolent matches with all kinds of gory stipulations, and a main event of Xavier, King of the Dead vs Ki-man the Barbarian in a Kryptonite On A Pole match, the fans wouldn't have been terribly impressed :P If the most high-risk move in a TNA X-Division match was an arm bar, the fans who came to see high flying risktakers doing cool moves and putting on great spotfests would be sorely dissapointed. It's not that the promotion is saying "ONLY TRADITIONAL FANS CAN COME TO OUR SHOWS!". That would be quite silly, since what the hell is a "traditional fan"? It's just saying "Our shows will be mainly based around this, this and this. If you like that sort of thing, come along!". The boxes on the right are the things you're promising the fans. The Intensity/Danger bars, along with the type of wrestlers you hire, are what the fans actually get. It's common sense that matching the two will make fans happy, while lying to them won't.

intensity debate Adam said that workers intensity is different then match intensity. They are unrelated. He told me to lower my intensity. It was set at 30. I've already lowered it to 20 for intensity and its started out at 20 for match danger. Its always been 20 for match danger. I lowered my tradional from Key Feature to Heavy and I'm still getting a message that says the match was to intense. I was basically trying to create a combo of WWF additude era with WCW traditional stuff from the late 90's. I also want to fuse intense middleweight action in there as well like Angle and Benoit. My overall opionion is that the intensity bar is kind of limiting. Angle vs Benoit is one of the most intense matches I've seen. Even if the usuall WWE match is 25% intensity I would order a WWE PPV that featured Angle vs Benoit because of that match alone and I would expect it to be way more intense than the other matches on the card. If the regular WWE match gets 25% for intensity I would expect to see Angle vs Benoit at 50% intensity and I promise you I WOULD NOT COMPLAIN ONE BIT ABOUT IT BEING TO INTENSE FOR ME TO HANDLE. I can't really imagine wrestling fans complaining about to much intensity unless your talking about my grandfather who watched guys like Freddie Blassy.

Traditional is a Key Feature in my fed, and my intensity is at 50% and I get no problems. Hell, I ran INSPIRE with heavy traditional values once, just to see what would happen, and they were fine with it. So it's obviously not traditional fans moaning. Try one of your other audiences... how high is your Mainstream setting? It's usually Mainstream fans that start crying when the wrestlers start losing teeth ¬_¬

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175464]You don't "choose" who you want to come to the show. But every product, wrestling show, or fast food meal, or child's toy, or aerasol, every product ever, is aimed at a target audience. When Feinstein set RoH up, he was trying to appeal to vaguely the same audience that came to late ECW shows (because they were based in the same area, and were set up to fill the void of video sales that ECW's closure left RF Video with). So the product obviously wasn't aimed at the mainstream. To start with, it featured fast-paced technicians and high fliers fighting each other purely because the fans wanted to see it. And guess what? The target audience wanted to see that kind of thing. So they liked it. And it gradually evolved into what it is now. If they'd promoted the show the way they did, and then filled "The Era Of Honor Begins" with ultraviolent matches with all kinds of gory stipulations, and a main event of Xavier, King of the Dead vs Ki-man the Barbarian in a Kryptonite On A Pole match, the fans wouldn't have been terribly impressed :P If the most high-risk move in a TNA X-Division match was an arm bar, the fans who came to see high flying risktakers doing cool moves and putting on great spotfests would be sorely dissapointed. It's not that the promotion is saying "ONLY TRADITIONAL FANS CAN COME TO OUR SHOWS!". That would be quite silly, since what the hell is a "traditional fan"? It's just saying "Our shows will be mainly based around this, this and this. If you like that sort of thing, come along!". The boxes on the right are the things you're promising the fans. The Intensity/Danger bars, along with the type of wrestlers you hire, are what the fans actually get. It's common sense that matching the two will make fans happy, while lying to them won't.[/QUOTE] I guess my basic gripe is I dont care about the product system because you have to set the fans you are going to draw... and I dont know if I'm a realism booker, traditional, ext. So people are coming to my shows in the game because my promotion is labled as one thing, and I dont even know what that means. Its like people coming to KFC for a Big Mac. I want to book physically intense matches... I generally follow this rule for booking. For every 30 minutes of show time, I have 7.5 (rounded up) minutes of promos, and the rest of the show is usually made up of maily important matches meant to be good, but I still like to have promos and stories. So it isnt a pure fed or somthing that simple. Any help would be cool as what I should set that product thing as, because wasting countless hours sliding it till the right fans are forced to watch my shows is kinda pointless.

Ok, D-Lyrium was 100% right. If mainstream is set to high then the match intensity has to be lowered. It makes sense because the main stream audience aren't full time wrestling fans like the rest of us and might think some matches are to intense. Sometimes I forget not everyone enjoys a great match like most of us here do. I have mainstream as a heavy feature, traditional as Key and match intensity is at 40% now and I have no complaints from the audience.

Archived