What would ring announcers be?

Well then I guess I get to decide, seeing as Lilian Garcia and Michael Buffer are pretty prominent figures and all. I imagine Personality fits best, and their use should be restricted to angles that rely on Microphone or maybe Announcing.

[QUOTE=Anubis;175208]Well then I guess I get to decide, seeing as Lilian Garcia and Michael Buffer are pretty prominent figures and all. I imagine Personality fits best, and their use should be restricted to angles that rely on Microphone or maybe Announcing.[/QUOTE] *shrug* I used Lilian as a manager in 05. She's got the chops for it and I sure as hell wasn't going to let her rot backstage. :p

I'd like to see them accounted for in future TEW games but it's a cornell verse thing i'd imagine, they're weren't any ring announcers dreamed up for the CV world so therefore it wasn't accounted for in the game, even though of all the mogul/sims I've ever played, TEW has the most played mods, and they're basically all real world ones. It doesn't seem real world is as accounted for anymore, at least not like it used to be.

Ring Announcers serve no purpose in TEW. I guess you could sign one, attach him as a ring announcer like an announcer...but I can't see how a good ring announcer would raise the match quality. He's just announcing the names. Although I [b]DID[/b] use Buffer as a ring announcer for the main events at my PPVs. Basically it was a pre-match angle based on his microphone skills and the competitors' overness.

[QUOTE=KaySeeDubya;175234]Ring Announcers serve no purpose in TEW. I guess you could sign one, attach him as a ring announcer like an announcer...but I can't see how a good ring announcer would raise the match quality. He's just announcing the names. Although I [b]DID[/b] use Buffer as a ring announcer for the main events at my PPVs. Basically it was a pre-match angle based on his microphone skills and the competitors' overness.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I had an angle like that but I never used it. I'd just have my workers (or their managers) do their own introductions, ala Ken Kennedy.

I think the only way to do it at present would be to create a one minuit "set up" angle in which the ring announcer is participant one, judeged in entertainment, and the competetors are present either as not counting or based on overness. Thus angle would be needed for each # of people to be part of a match. I was thinking before about adding at least a title bout ring announcer angle, a la the NWA title fights in TNA.

Archived