Fiances Questions

I'm playing as DAVE and things are in pretty bad shape so far. I've been doing my best to get costs down so we can get a profit, but there's one expenditure that doesn't make any sense to me. It's "Misc". Now I figure that the legal department and admin costs are part of that, but that should be only $50,000. But this Misc bill is coming to around $160,000. That number, combined with show costs, marketing, and production, the stuff I have the least control of, hit all the revenue pretty much and so I'm posting a $100,000 loss every month. My questions are what is all in the misc category and how can I lower it? I can't find anything in the help files.

Im DaVe as well and i seem to be losing money as well except it's mainly from the worker costs which i hope to fix sometime in the near future. Not sure what it could be though mine is only around 80,000 a month. You have the legal department, marketing, and administration and finance department as well which are 25,000 each so that may be it, at least for me since that is close to 80,000. I don't know what else it could be though.

The miscellaneous expenses are just everything that isn't covered by the other ones. Anything from the electricity bill for running your HQ to the paper you print contracts on to the strippers your boss put on the company's bill..... its all in there. There isn't a way to lower it, but the easiest cost to lower will always be your worker costs. Avoid using PPA's except the cheap ones, use your written talents as often as possible and keep the music costs as low as possible and you should find yourself saving a fair amount of cash. Its hard, but finances always are. Being a student makes me better at dealing with them though, I always get the cheap stuff and know how much I can't afford to spend to alcohol :) Derek B

Archived