So I did a search on this question (Sorry D-Lyrium *grins sheepishly*) and I couldn't find anything, mostly I think because Looks is exempt from a search due to being too common(?). Anyways, I remember reading before that you can no longer put a woman with A* looks into a segment and get an instant A* rating. My question, however, is how exactly are Looks rated now? Is it a combination of Looks and Popularity? Or is Momentum taken into account as well? I've put Lita and Trish into a segment that rated them on their looks (both rated A* and their popularity isn't below B+ anywhere) yet the segment still only produced a C-. Are their momentums wrecking this? The game randomly set both their momentum and they are pretty low.

heh put them in overness based angles. Looks based angles are.....let's say not good, anymore. The crowd's mood can factor in, of course, as can your product settings. But I'd think WWE would have at least Medium in T&A. They're no NWWL, but they're also not a SHIMMER or ROH. My testing of looks based angles in the demo (with BSC) suggests that they should only be used in very specific, rare situations and probably never for anyone above 'Midcarder'. You'd be better off running Lita & Trish with an angle rated on Entertainment, which would allow full usage of their overness. I honestly don't think Looks based angles take overness into account. I've had Joanne Rodriguez (A* Looks & Superstar Quality) get a B rating from a looks based angle and she has E overness in the area the show ran in.

Pfft. Just because Remi plays as a womans fed and can no longer make the crowd jizz themselves with shirt-shooting angles ¬_¬ Looks-based angles have been nurfed slightly, yeah, but only to bring them in line with the other angles. You no longer get A* looks angles just for having a hot chick on your roster, that's all. Compared to the rest of the show, the angles themselves will still be good. Oh, and Remi, workers *do* improve in Looks based angles, but I've only seen "Performance Skills" improving, so it's probably Consistancy or something.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175671]Pfft. Just because Remi plays as a womans fed and can no longer make the crowd jizz themselves with shirt-shooting angles ¬_¬ Looks-based angles have been nurfed slightly, yeah, but only to bring them in line with the other angles. You no longer get A* looks angles just for having a hot chick on your roster, that's all. Compared to the rest of the show, the angles themselves will still be good. Oh, and Remi, workers *do* improve in Looks based angles, but I've only seen "Performance Skills" improving, so it's probably Consistancy or something.[/QUOTE] Funny :) Actually, I only used the looks based angles to recover from a particularly bad match (but one I "had" to book anyway). Or, to give a worker a momentum boost. I haven't had occasion to use them since release (YAY 5SSW!) but it was one of the first things I tried out when the demo came out. My point was, if you have Lita and Trish Stratus, they don't NEED to do looks based angles because they have the overness and entertainment skills to do those instead. You'd probably get better results from overness/entertainment angles as well. In 07, my crowds are such that they'd jizz themselves over an epic match moreso than a girl coming out giving them free merchandise. ;) I'll probably have more data on it when I move to playing AAA but right now I'm trying to find a formula for increasing in-ring skills as efficiently as possible. The tried & true "Put them in matches with people more skilled" thing doesn't seem to apply as widely as it did in 05. I blame the destiny stat! :p

[QUOTE=Remianen;175679]if you have Lita and Trish Stratus, they don't NEED to do looks based angles because they have the overness and entertainment skills to do those instead.[/QUOTE] Oh, I agree entirely. If you've got workers with skill, rather than WWE-style Divas, Looks angles ARE relatively useless because they can do the "proper" stuff. It was all the people whining because J-Ro shooting shirts before the show didn't give them an automatic A* to build from anymore that made me laugh ¬_¬ (not that you're one of them, I just like picking on you when it has anything to do with womens wrestling :P) Looks angles are still useful for the thing they were most useful for in 05 - Getting talentless bints like Remmy Skye's girlfriend over :p

I'm slightly confused. I understand that Lita and Trish are better suited for angles that require actual skills rated. However, if Lita and Trish (who are good looking, popular and skilled workers) don't rate too well in Looks Angles, what's to stop someone like Ashley Massaro from completely bombing a Looks Angle and dropping my overall show rating? I guess the obvious answer would be, why is Ashley even employed? Trust me, I asked myself the same question but I'm getting heat that my small roster is making WWE look lame. Maybe I read something wrong above, but like I said, I'm slightly confused.

Looks-based angles don't do any worse, than any other angle in an entertainment-type fed (obviously they're going to bomb something rotten if your T&A is set to None ¬_¬). Lita vs Trish in a bikini contest would go down just as well. It's just that generally speaking, someone who's entertaining would be better off in an Entertainment angle, since then they can improve their entertainment skills (and can actually use the angle to do something productive, rather than stand around in a bikini ¬_¬). Whereas you don't gain Looks from being in Looks-based angles (obviously). To help prove my point, I've drafted in the help of everyone's favourite embarrasment to the profession: BSC. Dharma Gregg vs Charlize Angelle in a Bikini Contest "referee'd" by Honey Golightly: C Dharma Gregg and Charlize Angelle announce they are enemies (Ent.): C- Dharma Gregg beats Charlize Angelle in a match (irrelevent, but for completeness... :p): D- Charlize Angelle strips Dharma Gregg (Looks AND Ent.): C Now, this is obviously not a fair test in the scientific sense, because Honey's charisma is used in the first angle, and Charlize isn't as entertaining as she is pretty, but then neither is Lita, so... So as you can see, Looks angles do hold their own perfectly well. They're just not as "useful" from a development sense. Edit: By the way, that half-hour show got a D-, and was actually fairly awesome for BSC... and only used two workers ¬_¬ (Honey was already announcing).

[QUOTE=Lita Maivia;175700] Trust me, I asked myself the same question but I'm getting heat that my small roster is making WWE look lame. [/QUOTE] If you are getting messages about the size of your roster, then forget about what grades you are getting and HIRE SOME MORE WORKERS, and fast. If 07 is the same as 05 in that respect, then you will LOSE 1% overness everywhere for each show that you get that message, whereas a few dodgy segments might make your promotion's overness drop by 0.1% after a bad show.

Archived