Fixed value skills

Has anyone come across skills that don't improve with time and/or work? I'm trying to find a correlation between certain stats (like a possible link between good Selling skill and another skill, since we can't search specifically for "bump machines"), as well as finding those I can just ignore and not worry about developing. The stats in question for me are Athleticism, Toughness, Power, Stiffness, Intensity, Menace - can they be developed or go up at all? Or do they develop so slowly that it's not even worth worrying about (like Power and Respect were in 05)? Just trying to narrow down the skilled workers I need to have on roster to maybe help the others get pointers from on occasion.

Hmm. I've now played a year with MAW, I'm in January 2008 :D So, I have plenty of stats statistics: Antonio: Not a single one of those stats mentioned has changed. Weird. Flash Savage: Nothing. Mainstream Hernandez: Power has gone from E+ -> D- Mean Machine: Nothing. Steven Parker: Nothing. Snap Dragon: Nothing. But hmm. Come to think of it, all those stats (Athleticism, Toughness, Power, Stiffness, Intensity, Menace) have something to do with workers size. I mean, a Super Heavyweight can't have good Athleticism, or a cruiserweight have good Power stat. Stiffness, Intensity and Menace are very stale stats that a worker has, i.e they are linked to the original style that one has learned how to wrestle. So, if there is a change in one of those skills, it is very likely to be just one-two gradesteps of improvement, like I had with Mainstream Hernandez. Altough he's a cruiser, his Power stat was so low, that it could rise in one grade. Shortly explained: Those skills are capped depending on the workers size. IMO. (I finally did it!! Said something constructive and reasonable with good explanations instead of copying from Dev. Journal or help files, at 6.22 at night. Good night, I'm going to sleep. :P )

When you wake up, FIN, check the in-game editor ;) If all of the stats mentioned are still at xx.0, then they obviously can't improve. If they're on xx.1 or something, they obviously just change really slowly. It's impossible for a worker to start with a decimal stat, because the defaults are all rounded up (sorry if any mathematicians are reading this... that must've been painful to read. I don't care ¬_¬). If Antonio starts with 48 power, he'll actually start with 48.0. So if it's changed at all, it'll be 48.somethingelse, or 49.somethingelse, etc. Unless of course they've managed to go up in whole points. But the chances of six workers doing that for six stats is fairly small, surely? ¬_¬ (and you can always check their starting value in the editor if you REALLY want to :p). I haven't managed to get past two months in any one game yet, so I can't really be of much help here.

[QUOTE=FINisher;175739]I mean, a Super Heavyweight can't have good Athleticism, or a cruiserweight have good Power stat.[/QUOTE] I think you should reword that. It's unusual for a Super Heavyweight to have good Athleticism or a cruiserweight to have good power, but it's still possible (see: Michelle Brendon). But you answered my question, at least for Power. I'd probably put it in the same category as it was in 05. That being, it improves so slowly (or at least seems to) that I should only consider it ancillary. I'll still keep an eye on it though. Thanks!

I'd like to know which stats are static as well. It would help when making New workers to know which stats need to be up there and which don't. Athleticism Power Looks Superstar Quality Resilience Menace Those are ones I'm pretty sure don't go up during the game. Any others? Intesnity and Stiffness perhaps?

Looks and Superstar Quality can change. Not much, and I think it's tied to age (increases as you get older, up to a certain point, then decreases as you become too old). But they do change. Intensity also changes (as in, I've seen a 0.1 increase in one worker, so I know it's not static ¬_¬). Not sure how much, or how/if you can develop it intentionally though. Toughness also changes (same as above. I've seen it happen to one worker so I know it's possible. No idea about specifics). I'm leaning towards "natural progression" on this one, because the guy it increased for has only worked one match, a tag match at an independant show. I can also vouch for Power (in this case a middleweight that started in the 30's). Oooh, that's interesting (sorry for the rather confusing post, I'm just looking through random workers)... someone who's never wrestled a match in the game has improved in Intensity. All of these imrovements are only 0.1%, but it's only been a month, so it proves that it's at least possible. I can't be arsed to look through any more ¬_¬ It's starting to feel like cheating. Athleticism, Menace and Stiffness are the only three that I've never seen an increase in for anyone. And I'd be very surprised if Athleticism was static.

I'm only guessing but I'd think some of those would change when a worker changes style. I don't have any evidence of it yet but I would guess when Joe Sexy changes to an Entertainer style, his Intensity, Menace, etc would have to come down for him to not scare off his intended audience. Resilience can go down but I've never seen it go up.

I always imagined Intensity as a maximum. Like, he COULD be intense if the gimmick needed him to be. Menace though, yeah. If you're scary, you're scary for life ¬_¬ You'd have to come out with underpants on your head or something to avoid that (and then you'd probably be into the 'deranged psychopath' field, and probably even more scary).

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175772] Toughness also changes (same as above. I've seen it happen to one worker so I know it's possible. No idea about specifics). I'm leaning towards "natural progression" on this one, because the guy it increased for has only worked one match, a tag match at an independant show.[/QUOTE] I'm not totally sure of this either, however after running one show when my Match Intensity and Danger were set to 80% or 90% (the crowd hated it!) I ran a All Weapons Are Legal Deathmatch (that I made in the editor with absolutely everything available as a weapon), and my one guy's toughness went from B- to B+. So I'm guessing if you run a really physical product that their toughness goes up gradually, or it could have been the hardcore nature of the match or a combination. Either way, my intensity and danger is now like 20% because of my modern squeemish fanbase so I doubt I'll see any further jumps in toughness

Yeah. What else could improve Toughness than wrestling brutal matches. Yep. That's why all those hardcore veterans in TEW07 have high Toughness (duh). Hmm, D-Lyrium has troubles staying with one game? I always thought that if you start a new game after new game, you're going to end up sad. And it really takes away the fun, if you start over and over again. The first gameplay year of MAW has been just awesome. Taken them Regional, overness in Mid Atlantic is D+, it should go to C- anytime soon.

[QUOTE=FINisher;175828]Hmm, D-Lyrium has troubles staying with one game? I always thought that if you start a new game after new game, you're going to end up sad. And it really takes away the fun, if you start over and over again.[/QUOTE] Actually, no it doesn't. For testing purposes, you need a somewhat sterile environment (usually). An ongoing game really doesn't fit the bill for that, unless you're testing things that are pretty universal. I don't think this would be one of those situations since, from what I've seen, a worker can get a skill increase and not have a road agent note generated (like for physical skills). Plus, it's easier to start a new game to test something out rather than risk ruining or otherwise affecting your current game. Hell, I have my own game cloned over a dozen times (oh my achin' hard drive :p) to test stuff out on. :) And I don't think it's necessarily a hardcore thing as far as some of these increasing. I just had Alicia Strong gain 0.1 toughness in her debut match against Seiko Nanami. I'm guessing the level of Realism (Heavy) and Danger (60%) and/or Intensity (40%) in the promotion's product had something to do with that.

It's specifically a testing thing (although I do tend to create a new game whenever I want to test something. I delete most of them afterwards though). It's just that there are so many different products you can promote in 07, and I want to try them all out ¬_¬ I'm sure I'll settle on one eventually and write a dynasty about it or something ¬_¬

Archived