Is TEW 2007 Worth It?

I know it seems like a silly question, but from somebody that has EW9000 and beyond on his computer (2002 and all that jazz) I was just wonder... does Adam have too much on his plate? Too many games he's trying to push? I played the demo, and it feels like TEW 2005 with a couple more screens that annoy me more than please me. Maybe I'm expecting too much, and I'm sure updates will come, but you need somebody to hate it to prove how much you love it. So for everybody who loves it, tell me why not to hate it... ;) Cuz I know that'll get you going, and I know it'll get my $40 going in the right direction. I haven't played over a week, so I'm not sure what the long-term new features are. I don't like how sometimes you have to take a long route just to change your characters gimmick, push and stuff. While contract negotiation and business stuff is made much easier. I want this game folks, I've been waiting and I want it bad... do Adam proud and tell me how F'n awesome it is over 2005, cuz I won't buy it until you do. And I ain't bitchin', I'm just promotin, after all... it's business ;)

It all depends if you liked TEW 2005. If you did, this is better with more strategy in booking and the features of talent trades, event importance, etc. Gameplay is the same but it is more challenging to be successful in booking as some of the easy outs i.e. looks based angles getting A* to help boost your shows, are toned down now. If you didn't like 2005 , then this probably is not for you as it is basically an the same game, but with a lot of new features and options.

If you can't get into for over a week I won't encourage you to get it, but I will tell you how it improves over everything else. 1. It makes you think more on how to play. A harder game overall. 2. Japan is SEVERELY improved. If you like Japanese wrestling the game is basically flawless. 3. Talent trading. You can put in your own dream matches and stuff that you never thought was possible. 4. The depth of the Cornellverse with history and such. Some people who have never liked TEW before are blaming their fun with it on the Cornellverse. 5. Everything's easier to do with the new format. 6. The New Workers part of it all. Such a fantastic feature can reward you, if you make it through 20 years you can have Tommy Cornell Jr! Well, you can fight for him. :P Also, form your own opinion. I hate people who just say "I need people to tell me how good it is. Go." If you're too lazy to get a real look at it I don't see why I'm helping you. But I did. Oh well.

Guest Ransik
I dunno... I'm still undecided about buying it. It just seems like an upgrade to '05 with a higher price tag on it to me and that just won't sell me on anything. And before I hear someone throw a piss-fit... yes I went through a month on trial, and aside from the nifty new screens that got old fast I just didn't notice anything that made me want to spend $35 on "TEW 2005 Part II." It's a good game and all, but I've been burned enough times buying the Smackdown games to know an upgraded game when I see one.

thanks I must say, i loved the harder booking. I'd book shows in TEW 2005 and get A* every time and then was like... what to do now? lol, thanks for the feedback so far guys! The serious feedback, I mean... I'm not the only one thinking the same thoughts as I am reading this one. I may be the only one KNOWING I'm going to buy the game, but there are others who may be undecided, so I'm asking for them because nobody has yet. You TEW'ers rule, that's what makes TEW the best. The fans and the dynasty posters! my first show in TEW 2007, which I thought might reach B+ plateau actually hit C-... and I loved it. Now I got something to work for. Is there any other cool stuff in this one? I don't know much about the trading talent, it sounds cool though! Thanks guys.

TEW fans crashing two completely seperate servers on the same day purely due to weight of numbers tells me it's worth it ¬_¬ But hey, if you don't like the demo, you're unlikely to like the full game. Since, ya know, it's the same. But longer. :p You get used to the changes (like the Creative screen) soon enough. There are so many improvements and changes, moaning because you have to click an extra button to change a workers gimmick (something you do..how often? Once a year per worker? If that?) is a bit trivial ¬_¬ I'm sure there's a "new features" type thread around here somewhere... Edit: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew2/index.php?page=features[/url] That'll do ¬_¬

Okay, I'll bite. [QUOTE=Serson Person;175728]So for everybody who loves it, tell me why not to hate it... ;)[/QUOTE] You are not me (obviously, since I would've bought it based on how much I enjoyed 05, regardless). What I hate isn't what you hate (which is also obvious, since I think the features list of 07 is more than enough to justify its cost). You say it looks like a rehashed version of 05 but I have to question whether you know what a rehashed game is (ever play any of the Madden or NBA Live or ANY sports game by Electronic Arts?). Besides that, looks can be deceiving. TEW07's major additions are "under the hood" so to speak. [QUOTE=Serson Person;175728]cuz I won't buy it until you do.[/QUOTE] That would be your loss, in my view. I don't think anyone who enjoyed 05 could justify not buying 07 unless $40 is going to prevent you from eating (or having a roof over your head or lights on in the house or similar). I think we may have different views on what $40 is worth. I've already put in more than 40 hours of playing 07 and it's been out, what, 2 days? I've gotten more value out of my TEW purchase than I do most months with my satellite package (I don't watch much TV). What I like most about TEW are the new "under the hood" features. I'm having a devil of a time dealing with the Young Lion rule though the Loyalty feature works well for me. There are too many things I like about the game to detail them all here. Bottom line is, if you need a "real world mod" to play the game at its most basic level (I actually prefer the Cornellverse) or if you need other people's opinions to sway your thinking (I don't) or you thought 05 was too hard, don't buy 07. This version is more difficult, with more depth, and more of the "tough choices" that need to be made than its predecessor. This year's version forces you to develop your own niche (via product settings) and your own talent (to suit your product) and owner goals leash you as the booker and limit what you can and can't do. Again, because my views and goals and perspective seem to differ from many others here, I honestly don't think my thought processes would help you make a decision. In the end, it's going to come down to how much you value that $35. I'll get 100 hours of enjoyment out of TEW by Saturday at a per hour cost of 35 cents per hour and that per hour cost drops with every hour over 100 I spend playing. By contrast, a movie would cost $4.20 per hour (2.5 hr movie, $10.50 ticket), not including refreshments. But I also play online games that come with a monthly fee (usually $15 a month) and those work out in my favor as well (10 cents an hour). The math works for me! :)

[QUOTE=Serson Person;175750]Remianen, w00t!!!! You're the reason why I love TEW! You gave me good reasons that I all ready knew, but I was being to stubborn to accept ;)[/QUOTE] Talent trading will EAT YOUR SOUL! Or at least most of your free time. :p

Yes, the game is worth every penny. I would have $60 for it. Please don't increase the price on the next one Adam. There are to many reasons to list why its awesome and I would rather spend my time playing the game. I've been following since the EWR games and I have to say that the EWR and TEW are my favorite games to play. I love these types of games. I also love OOTP but not as much as TEW 04, 05 and now 07. I consider myself to be pretty picky about my games. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give TEW a 9.5. That's awesome coming from someone like me. If you liked 05, you'll love 07. I would also like to add that I'm not with or affiliated with GDS. LOL.

For some weird reason, probably because it's 6am on New Year's Day and I haven't had any sleep this year, but I downloaded and played EWR4.2 earlier... holy crap... You don't realise what you've got 'til it's gone :p Seven stats per worker, and one of those was whether or not the guy spoke English ¬_¬

The way I see TEW 2007 is as a super expansion to TEW 2005. Sure, it's pretty much the same game, but just completely polished with all the little annoying things fixed. If the game were $75 maybe I'd be more hesitant to buy it, but at $35, I can't complain a bit. This is the game that's gotten me back into gaming.

I think you could summarize TEW07 like this: It is a complex game, but still you learn to play it. It gives you a feeling of freedom, just for the owner goals take some of that away. It makes you think about your actions, before you do anything. It feels like a real world, thanks to the Media section. It makes you try harder and play better than ever before.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175742]But hey, if you don't like the demo, you're unlikely to like the full game. Since, ya know, it's the same. But longer. :p[/QUOTE] I'm not so sure, I really didn't enjoy the demo since I couldn't run many shows or actually get any TV deals or anything, but I got the full game anyway because I'm such a fangirl, and I don't regret it at all. I suck a lot worse at 2007 than I thought I would too thanks to the new booker challenges :D

[QUOTE=Dwight Mighton;175736] 1. It makes you think more on how to play. A harder game overall. 2. Japan is SEVERELY improved. If you like Japanese wrestling the game is basically flawless. 3. Talent trading. You can put in your own dream matches and stuff that you never thought was possible. 4. The depth of the Cornellverse with history and such. Some people who have never liked TEW before are blaming their fun with it on the Cornellverse. 5. Everything's easier to do with the new format. 6. The New Workers part of it all. Such a fantastic feature can reward you, if you make it through 20 years you can have Tommy Cornell Jr! Well, you can fight for him. :P[/QUOTE] Yes. [QUOTE=D]TEW fans crashing two completely seperate servers on the same day purely due to weight of numbers tells me it's worth it ¬_¬[/QUOTE] And yes. I will definetly be buying it... when I can :mad:. Playing a Japan game is good on the demo me thinks, since you get to book several shows a week, plus its awesome as alluded to earlier.

I bought the game because of the community more then anything. Adam (and the rest of GDS actually) who makes it a point of providing as much information and knowledge as anyone would be capable of. The rest of the community for answering any dumb question I might have, I can ignore the people in between that say it's a dumb question. The second reason is well, I like all the new upgrades, no matter the difficulty in getting around. I especially like the new relationships, the new worker's and Promotions being able to come in at the time you want. I like the power TEW Gives the player more then I did in 2005, which I knew could be better. I like all the history the game can give you as well now... Someone making a really close world mod will actually be giving alot of historical facts as well, just with the belt's alone. The debuggers... I Love this game because bugs are squished almost immediately. This is not something you find just anywhere, and games for the different gaming out (360, etc.) just don't have a way of doing that without making a brand new game. YOU Will not find this type of support for a game, it's like a one in a million ratio. It's alot more realistic in almost every area of play. The only thing I (my opinion) think is probably NOT as believable, is the angle/sex sells thing. I think in any Modern, medium to high risk, etc.. type of promotion, this would be a good way to bring a crowd up, and put them into a great mood... Someone with A+ looks (especially female wise, if your fans are mostly men between 18 to 38-alla sports entertainment) coming out in a sexy outfit, no matter how popular, would put a smile on my face, and get cat calls from the audience (If you seen Torrie give her underwear away in IRAQ, you most definately can see how much more this effected them then just throwing a T-Shirt, to me proving that SEX SELLS the crowd alot more then believed). Outside of that little nuance, I really LOVE The changes. I'm a great fan of a good solid strategy game..... I loved board games such as Chess and Risk for this reason. This new game offer's alot more in the way of challenge, alot more in the way of history, and for me... it's realism is just uncanny.

Archived