Question about workers that the fans hate

I'm playing as DaVE and i have 5 wrestlers on my roster who, whenever i put in a match get a message that says, "The crowd showed utter contempt for (wrestler)". I was just curious what causes this, do the fans just hate these guys or does it have something to do with their stats/skills?

[QUOTE=Feral Fox;175875]I'm playing as DaVE and i have 5 wrestlers on my roster who, whenever i put in a match get a message that says, "The crowd showed utter contempt for (wrestler)". I was just curious what causes this, do the fans just hate these guys or does it have something to do with their stats/skills?[/QUOTE] Its the game's way of telling you that this particular wrestler is not liked by your fan based. Either they have hte wrong style, the wrong gimmick, or they just don't fit in (destiny stat). You get 2 options. 1) keep the wrestler around hope they put on good matches and eventually get the crowd to like them by changing style. 2) replace them. It may have some effect on match ratings, but from what I can tell it isn't a huge effect at some levels. There are at least 4 stages of fan hate.

I thought about replacing them anyways since they have pretty bad stamina and have trouble in matches that are even 10 minutes long. Is there a message that says they have changed styles? I might keep them a little longer and see if they do change styles, although i doubt they will.

[QUOTE=Feral Fox;175891]I thought about replacing them anyways since they have pretty bad stamina and have trouble in matches that are even 10 minutes long. Is there a message that says they have changed styles? I might keep them a little longer and see if they do change styles, although i doubt they will.[/QUOTE] Internet. I don't know if you as the booker get an email about it (I'd think you would) but if a worker changes style, there will typically be an Internet story about it. As far as I know, every so often (6 months?), workers check their own abilities and if there's another style that fits their skillset, they might change. I don't know the complete process that determines if a change is actually made but it seems an automatic kinda thing. I know in every game I've played so far (demo and release), Cal Sanders has switched from Cruiserweight to Super Junior.

[QUOTE=Remianen;175893]Internet. I don't know if you as the booker get an email about it (I'd think you would) but if a worker changes style, there will typically be an Internet story about it. As far as I know, every so often (6 months?), workers check their own abilities and if there's another style that fits their skillset, they might change. I don't know the complete process that determines if a change is actually made but it seems an automatic kinda thing. I know in every game I've played so far (demo and release), Cal Sanders has switched from Cruiserweight to Super Junior.[/QUOTE] You do get a mail if one of your wrestlers decides to change style. I got one when one of my regular wrestlers decided to start using a cruiserweight style

[QUOTE=Feral Fox;175875]I'm playing as DaVE and i have 5 wrestlers on my roster who, whenever i put in a match get a message that says, "The crowd showed utter contempt for (wrestler)". I was just curious what causes this, do the fans just hate these guys or does it have something to do with their stats/skills?[/QUOTE] You're not talking about The Latino Kings by any chance are you? I get that message for them each match so far! :D

Ah, Tank Bradley is another I get the message for. I've not had one yet (at least I don't recall) for Alex Braun though. Whilst i'm no expert of the ins and outs of the TEW game mechanic, i'd stick with them. I've had them improve and even had the message 'Hector Galindo looked good out there'. That's probably because i'm stubborn though and kept pushing them, "YOU [B]WILL[/B] LIKE THEM!". :D

[QUOTE=Feral Fox;175934]Lol yea i am talking about them, and Tank Bradley and Alex Braun as well. It sucked cause i wanted to push them as a version of LAX but i kept getting that message and i figured it was hurting the ratings so i stopped pushing them.[/QUOTE] The good thing about them is that they're young, and should improve. Eventually there stats'll go over whatever threshold is keeping the fans hating them!

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;175941]Ah, Tank Bradley is another I get the message for. I've not had one yet (at least I don't recall) for Alex Braun though. Whilst i'm no expert of the ins and outs of the TEW game mechanic, i'd stick with them. I've had them improve and even had the message 'Hector Galindo looked good out there'. That's probably because i'm stubborn though and kept pushing them, "YOU [B]WILL[/B] LIKE THEM!". :D[/QUOTE] I like them now i just wish that message would go away. I thought about keep on pushing them, but i wasn't too sure on what would happen if i continued. I'll probably keep them in dark matches for now since i already have enough storylines going, and hopefully they will be liked by the fans when it's time to put them back in a storyline.

It makes you wonder if there is a way, some event, that could cause the crowd to accept a worker. Think back to Tommy Dreamer in ECW for a perfect example. The crowd hated the guy until the caning angle. That angle instantly got him over; "he's hardcore". Would be cool if there was a TEW possibility, like one amazing match, or angle. Granted, it would have to be a very rare occurance but would add a little extra flavour.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;175957]I dont think it was the Caning angle. It was when he did the raven pose after he DDT'd Raven. thats when fans started saying "he's hardcore"[/QUOTE] I think it was the caning angle. The Raven thing just solidified it. Tommy was considered a pretty boy face and kinda represented everything the ECW fans reviled. It wasn't an instantaneous thing though but that incident turned the fan reaction around by a whole lot. Anyway, I agree with Less. Would be cool if there was a way (though it should be extremely rare) to swing fan reaction.

[QUOTE=Remianen;175971]Would be cool if there was a way (though it should be extremely rare) to swing fan reaction.[/QUOTE] There is. Not one angle, but over time you can get a person accepted. The Dreamer example works in those terms too, as there was a lengthy build up to the caning angle, it was a long term plan that began pretty much from the time he got back from AJPW.

I got this message for about 3 guys in DaVE- Tank Bradley, Jesus Sanchez and Hector Galindo. I tried to work with them for a little while but when Braun signed with TCW there was no reason to keep Bradley and the Kings were just Jobbers but Rudy Velaquez never got crapped on so I'm going to try and pair him with Cameron Vessey as the Killer Vs. I also got the message with Carlos Gonzalez.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;176002]My fan**** all over Gargantuan...but he is a untalented Oaf, alot like Great Khali so i can't say i disagree. He just looks to kool to leave off the roster, plus he has potential to be huge.[/QUOTE] Sorry to bump this but i'm having the same problem with the same guy. i'm running TCW, any idea's?

Be creative. ;) The original poster was right, Gargantuan is a lot like the real-life Great Khali, he's got the look but is awful in the ring. If it helps, think of it as a real life challenge - the real WWE haven't been able to do a great deal with Khali, now see if you can do better!

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;182531]Be creative. ;) The original poster was right, Gargantuan is a lot like the real-life Great Khali, he's got the look but is awful in the ring. If it helps, think of it as a real life challenge - the real WWE haven't been able to do a great deal with Khali, now see if you can do better![/QUOTE] Thanks for your speedy yet ambiguous reply :p The plan was to push him straight into the main event with Tommy and Troy but the fans crap all over him. Daft question but will putting him in dark matches with decent workers help this any? Muchly appreciated!

Archived