It seems like no matter what I do, I can't get my MAW guys into a decently-rated gimmick. Has anybody else had issues with finding appropriate gimmicks for their workers? I mentioned MAW because I thought it might be something to do with product, but I'm keeping things pretty traditional... for example: Kashmir Singh rates E as an Old School Heel. Not sure why. It kind of hurts. :(

[quote=Thomnipotent;175883]It seems like no matter what I do, I can't get my MAW guys into a decently-rated gimmick. Has anybody else had issues with finding appropriate gimmicks for their workers? I mentioned MAW because I thought it might be something to do with product, but I'm keeping things pretty traditional... for example: Kashmir Singh rates E as an Old School Heel. Not sure why. It kind of hurts. :([/quote] I've played MAW for over a year and three months, and EVERY SINGLE NEW GIMMICK that I've chosen to a wrestler has been rated F- - E+. And I really am amazed. And I have chosen gimmicks for over 10 people atleast. AND, I'm having really bad lack of momentum in my roster also. Can't understand it..

[QUOTE=FINisher;175926]I've played MAW for over a year and three months, and EVERY SINGLE NEW GIMMICK that I've chosen to a wrestler has been rated F- - E+. And I really am amazed. And I have chosen gimmicks for over 10 people atleast. AND, I'm having really bad lack of momentum in my roster also. Can't understand it..[/QUOTE] I have been having the same sort of problems.

[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;176015]About momentum...you say it don't go above popularity...but Adam Matravers in my game has E- in great lakes and UK and F- everywhere else...yet his momentum is C+. Why is that,is he just loved by my regular audience or something.[/QUOTE] I did say it RARELY goes above. However if he is constantly winning matches which are highly rated, and in angles that are rated highly too (in relation to his overness) then he can go above it, but it will take effort to do so. Overness is how well known the wrestler is, momentum is how much the audience CURRENTLY wants to see him. So Hulk Hogan would have v high overness, but low momentum, because he isn't involved in any stories. As soon as he appears on TV though, his momentum would start increasing, because (in TEW terms) his promos would be highly rated and so increase his momentum.

[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;176048]consitantily (<- ?)[/QUOTE] Consistently ;) I can't find a rhyme or reason for momentum in 07. My main problem is I can't seem to raise anyone's momentum much at all. I have 3 workers I'm currently pushing to the moon (Megumi Nakajima, Shiori Jippensha, and Alicia Strong), none of them have lost...ever. Alicia's in line to beat some of my lower tier main eventers (Namiyo Muro, June Butler, The Serpents, etc) since she's not a Young Lion, but not my big four. Megumi's momentum has actually gone DOWN during her 9 match winning streak (8 wins, 1 draw in a tag match against Shiori, no losses), all rated above her E-D overness. Same with Sensational Ogiwara who also hasn't lost a match (with a low rating of C+), who has gone from A momentum to B-. I'm inclined to think gimmick ratings are factoring in somehow but I don't know. My highest rated gimmick is a B (Megumi's 'No Gimmick Needed'). I think I'm going to try to run some storylines (*gasp!*) and if that doesn't work, I'll tinker with the product a bit to see if that might help some.

[QUOTE=Remianen;176150] I can't find a rhyme or reason for momentum in 07. My main problem is I can't seem to raise anyone's momentum much at all. [/QUOTE] Adam Matravers as i said has a C+ momentum, yet Gargantuan has won my Tag belts (all my other holders left) and defended them 4 times, and won all his singles matches yet his momentum is E. I do not get it at all, :(

Yeah, my problem is, I think there's a correlation between worker momentum and title prestige. That is, your workers could be the most over in your game area but if you put them in a match with a title on the line, even if it rates an A, the title's prestige can go down (the 5SSW World title went down from 76% to 75.2% after an A rated draw between Crusher Ichihara (c) and Kit Hatoyama). So none of my titles have been defended since then. Until I get a handle on all this stuff, I don't want to bottom out all my titles' prestige since I don't know how to build it back up. I'm almost convinced the solution is staring me right in the face too. :(

Mmm. That's not true. I've got my MAW World Heavyweight title raising from the beginning, and it's been 100% prestige over a year I think. It hasn't changed a bit. Belt prestige drops if the belt is not defended! (All my workers have bad momentum, ranging from F- - D )

[QUOTE=FINisher;176168]Belt prestige drops if the belt is not defended![/QUOTE] I haven't seen that. My world title hasn't been defended in 6 weeks (6 shows and a PPV) and is still sitting at 75.2%. Next event, I'll put the title on Kit to see if perhaps more title changes are needed. I still have several avenues to go down but I'll figure it out.

Archived