Couple Qs: Dark matches, skills, ideal roster

Could someone clarify a couple of things for me please? 1) Dark matches If a worker is in a pre-show match (regular 1vs1) that absolutely sucks because she does not have the in-ring abilities to put on a good match, will it hurt her popularity or momentum or whatnot? 2) Skill development / match type Is it more effective to use regular 1vs1 matches for skill development than Eye Candy-based matches? (I would imagine so.) In both cases I'd book her against opponents that have some wrestling ability, naturally. (Yes, I've taken on the quest of turning a stripper into a wrestler. But I'm also interested in the effects of dark matches on worker popularity on a more general level, because without house shows that's all I've got, because I can't bring myself to start as a big promotion.) 3) Ideal roster I understand that you need a certain amount of workers to look professional for your size, but is it strict so that you must have (as an example) exactly 3 upper midcarders and 3 midcarders, or will it work if you have 4 upper midcarders and 2 midcarders? So is it just roster size, or must you adhere strictly to what the "ideal roster" tells you? Thanks. :)

[QUOTE=Unrsrvd;175909]I understand that you need a certain amount of workers to look professional for your size, but is it strict so that you must have (as an example) exactly 3 upper midcarders and 3 midcarders, or will it work if you have 4 upper midcarders and 2 midcarders?[/QUOTE] It is only interested in how many workers you have, you could make them all Enhancement Talent if you really wanted and it wouldn't trigger a problem.

[QUOTE=Unrsrvd;175909] 1) Dark matches If a worker is in a pre-show match (regular 1vs1) that absolutely sucks because she does not have the in-ring abilities to put on a good match, will it hurt her popularity or momentum or whatnot?[/QUOTE] Momentum is affected by dark matches. Not sure about popularity, but momentum definately is.

Thanks, Adam and D-Lyrium. Q #2 still interests me, but given that dark matches can have adverse effects on the worker in the eyes of the fans, I guess I'll go for the safe route and use eye candy matches even for (wrestling skill) training.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175939]Momentum is affected by dark matches. Not sure about popularity, but momentum definately is.[/QUOTE] It affects popularity [B][I]only in the region the show is held[/I][/B]. This differs from 05 but I can say I've seen this occur both in the positive sense and the negative. In fact, I've done what Unrsrvd is doing, with the Neptune Twins. They're developing nicely, simply jobbing to folks higher up the card. I expect by the end of the year, they'll have a style-changing decision on their hands. I'd suggest that route. Then again, I value in-ring skill (and performance skills) more than anything else so even if the stripper was over like Cornell, they'd still job until they got to a decent skill level in the ring.

Archived