Ugh! He wont let me take Dark Angel under a written contract, because he wants 21 thousand a month. It makes no sense, he is one of the companies top stars, and he's been there a while with us, so why shouldnt I be able to rehire him? So much for breaking into Japan...

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;175976]Dark Angel probably nearly swerved off the road when he heard he wasn't going to get $21,000 a month. That's one for the Brits on the board :D[/QUOTE] Well, now he's still stuck on his PPA deal, but anything like the old games, and he'll be gone in a week or two. Why Adam...why!?!?

[QUOTE=DaMegaFish;175980]Why Adam...why!?!?[/QUOTE] For threads like these. :D I love the fact that occasionally your owner will make a really bone-headed decision, and you have to deal with it. It happens in reality, and it makes for some tough situations and therefore interesting game play. The fact there's already been three or four threads along the lines of "I had X goal, and now I'm in a tight spot" is brilliant, it means the player is being forced to use ingenuity and resourseful thinking.

Well Why did Jeff Nova have to take over my promotion... :( ...he wouldnt let me resign the best worker i had Hell Monkey...Luckily after my next show i went up from Local to small so was able to afford his rates due to increase in Size :D. But Jeff wanted his own company to fail....also im losing money constantily i started with 100,000 and have 22,000...and he expects me to have 150,000 in 8 months. God i hate that man.

[QUOTE=DaMegaFish;175973]Ugh! He wont let me take Dark Angel under a written contract, because he wants 21 thousand a month. It makes no sense, he is one of the companies top stars, and he's been there a while with us, so why shouldnt I be able to rehire him? So much for breaking into Japan...[/QUOTE] The same thing happend to me when i tried to renegotiate Eddie Peak's contract, freakin Vibert wouldn't let me sign him to a written deal so i had to settle with a PPA one. I just know someone like NOTBW is gonna come calling and take him away from me forever, and if that happens i swear i'll run DaVe into the ground.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;175983]For threads like these. :D I love the fact that occasionally your owner will make a really bone-headed decision, and you have to deal with it. It happens in reality, and it makes for some tough situations and therefore interesting game play. The fact there's already been three or four threads along the lines of "I had X goal, and now I'm in a tight spot" is brilliant, it means the player is being forced to use ingenuity and resourseful thinking.[/QUOTE] I agree. For everyone who was saying "TEW 2005 was too easy" welcome to 07 ;) I love being forced to come up with a new plan or direction on the spot and having to take that initial hit. It forces me to be even more creative and some of the best stuff comes from that. It's like directors talking about the difference between making studio and indy movies. When you can just throw money at every problem you miss out on all the happy accidents and creative ideas you would have had to had otherwise!

[QUOTE=Feral Fox;175994]The same thing happend to me when i tried to renegotiate Eddie Peak's contract, freakin Vibert wouldn't let me sign him to a written deal so i had to settle with a PPA one. I just know someone like NOTBW is gonna come calling and take him away from me forever, and if that happens i swear i'll run DaVe into the ground.[/QUOTE] Well thats not exactly a surprise is it - given the size of DAVE (cult) - offering written deals is only for companies that are national size and higher.

You guys think you got it bad? I stick the Elite Series to Dread because I want him to end his career with the Elite Series than a World Title to cap off his career but a day after the Elite Series I realise that his contract's expiring. So I schedule to renegotiate. $30, 000 per month! It was blocked, and right after he won the Elite Series Dread left me. One month later and he's unemployed. That's what he gets. <_<

I have noticed that pretty much every worker in the game wants a pay-rise when you come to renegotiate their contracts. Which is kindof unrealistic and annoying. If you sign a worker for the first time, he's sensible about his demands. But any time you come to RE-sign someone who already works for you, they expect the Earth, sun, moon, and serveral large stars in payment, as well as most of your limbs. Obviously you'd expect that from someone you signed as a jobber who's now a main eventer, but when your lower card workers who've barely got a poke, let alone a push, start asking for huge pay increases it starts getting annoying. "Ey, amigo. It'sa me, Jesus Chavez. Remember me? I worked a dark match once or twice. Well, it's contract-renewal time, and despite the fact that I haven't developed at all over the last nine months, and am still an Opener, I want an extra $500 a show. Give money plx." The odd egomaniac, or as I mentioned, worker who's developed and got over since I signed him, would deserve a payrise. But every single worker asking for one is a tad much.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;176059] "Ey, amigo. It'sa me, Jesus Chavez. Remember me? I worked a dark match once or twice. Well, it's contract-renewal time, and despite the fact that I haven't developed at all over the last nine months, and am still an Opener, I want an extra $500 a show. Give money plx." The odd egomaniac, or as I mentioned, worker who's developed and got over since I signed him, would deserve a payrise. But every single worker asking for one is a tad much.[/QUOTE] Jesus Chavez is a jabroni, he gets crapped on by the fans in every promotion I've run. I'll give him an extra $500 if he promises he'll choke on it and die.

What bothers me is, if DAVE can't sign anyone to a written contract, how do they have all those written contracts already? I've been playing as them for seven months, and so far, all it's really cost me is Big Cat Brandon, Emma Chase, and Acid. (Though I did drop a few other guys -- most notably Shawn Gonzalez, who ended up going to TCW, and Vin Tanner, who retired. DAVE's face roster is... kind of bad. Well, except for Art Reed and Jack Giedroyc. And Brandon, who you can't re-sign.)

Exactly. You must not forget that DAVE was once the third best promotion in America and were National at a time IIRC. But I'm not sure if that's really the reason why. Promotions like WLW, GCG and USPW have written contracts at the beginning, to. I think the real reason is that Adam doesn't want them to be completely raided at the beginning. That'd just be no fun. If you're playing those promotions you at least have time to build stars up by those guys whom are probably going to leave eventually, so that's always good. EDIT: :@ I LOSE KUNOMASU TO?!?!? I hate Sadaharu Jimbo. I want him dead.

I dislike Dan Stone for a different reason; I'm just a local fed playing on hard rock difficulty, and five months in, NOTBPW signs my #1 superstar, Kasmir Singh. He was not only my champion, but was having an extended ladder match feud with Rafael Ruiz; this match has been gold for me (B-/B!). Now, he's an opener in NOTBPW, and probably earning more $ at that position. C'est la vie. At least Dan Stone knows talent when he sees it.

Archived