Non-wrestling Promotion?

Perhaps an odd question. I was thinking about Vince McMahon's repeated efforts to break into non-wrestling enterprises: the XFL, the bodybuilding league, the WWE movies, etc. And it led me to wonder about the viability of running a TEW 2007 promotion that completely minimizes in-ring grappling in favor of angles, skits, etc. Could something like this be successful in the Cornellverse game world? Match Ratio - 10% Minor Match - 5 minutes Medium Match - 5 minutes Main Match - 5 minutes Match Intensity - 5% Match Danger - 5% Face/Heel Divide - Strong Traditional: None Mainstream: None Comedy: Key Feature Cult: Low Risque: Medium Modern: None Realism: None Hyper-Realism: None Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: None Pure: None Daredevil: None Would I be better off bumping Cult or Risque up? Bringing Comedy down? Do I need at least a Low in Mainstream? Also, would location play a factor? If I maxed out Comedy and Risque in a location where competing federations don't have much of either, would I be more likely to develop a fan base than, say, if I set up shop right next to BSC where Comedy and Risque get a lot of play? Finally, what would this promotion be? A two hour show with only twelve minutes worth of matches is...? A variety show? WWE's Tough Enough with a much heavier emphasis on the soap opera aspect? MAD TV with the occasional Bret Hart vs. Will Sasso brawl?

Still exist is good, but what about rising to National or International? Does Risque/Cult make that impossible? If I simply made Comedy my key feature, could I eventually become the favorite of Entertainment fans worldwide? Or am I really hurting my chances by minimizing the actual wrestling? (Incidentally, I'm having a blast running BSC, which is a confusing experience for someone who hated GLOW as much as I did!)

Archived