A few "Have you managed" things

1) Has anyone managed to successfully buy out their rival's developmental territory? Not me, they refuse to sell up. No matter how much cheating :P 2) Has anyone managed to get their user character killed in the game? I'm working on it now. Set my character as an active high flying wrestler, at age 100. Seeing if it's possible and the consequences of my death. 3) Has anyone's user character been to jail yet? Mine did in my first going. Interesting how I couldn't announce my shows, but I could still book them while having lunch with my new cell-mate Rocco.

[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;176209]Nope on all fronts, all though i came clsoe to buying out GCG just before they closed....they didnt want to sell to a smaller promotion at one point. Soon i was higher, offered again and then they wanted 4 times i had for my entire roster.[/QUOTE] Aye...A promotion manages to acquire so much debt in so little time.

[QUOTE=JonnyV1;176428]Well in theory, you can book if your in prison. You just tell someone what you want the show to be, and then they'd tell the wrestlers.[/QUOTE] True...but realistically imagine your prestige. There's no way your promotion could gain significant credibility if the owner of it's baking brownies with big bubba in Ryker's Island lol. Only hope for true success would be based on the worker's talent, and your role being a silent one.

Oh the almighty Feinstein effect. Where you can go and put on a show with grown men touching each other, then seek out children to touch. Ugh. But...the difference is Feinstein isn't in jail, nor was he charged for the crimes he was accused of.

[QUOTE=TravisL;176995]But...the difference is Feinstein isn't in jail, nor was he charged for the crimes he was accused of.[/QUOTE] Yeah. I was more talking about the whole thing where an owner does something incredibly stupid and tanks his own reputation, and comes very close to doing the same to his promotion by association. "The Rob Black Effect" would have been more appropriate, but XPW never really had a reputation to ruin. :)

Ah now there you go. However, the lack of reputation to begin with I suppose was their downfall. If you take a weak little bird you just found outside fighting for survival and drop even a small rock on it, it's going to pretty much die. That my friends is the Rob Black Effect in graphic detail. =D Anyway...lost track...back to topic! =D

[QUOTE=TravisL;176202]1) Has anyone managed to successfully buy out their rival's developmental territory? Not me, they refuse to sell up. No matter how much cheating :P 2) Has anyone managed to get their user character killed in the game? I'm working on it now. Set my character as an active high flying wrestler, at age 100. Seeing if it's possible and the consequences of my death. 3) Has anyone's user character been to jail yet? Mine did in my first going. Interesting how I couldn't announce my shows, but I could still book them while having lunch with my new cell-mate Rocco.[/QUOTE] If this was not so long, I would put the quote as my signature. Funniest post ever!! LMAO!!! I read the rest of the thread, but setting a character as an active high flyer at age 100 is just the funniest thing I ever heard of, lol.

Archived