Mark Cuban Does DaVE!

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="6"]"The Second Tier"[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [QUOTE] [CENTER][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="4"]Live from Arkansas Colosseum for a crowd of 900...[/SIZE][/FONT] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/ven3.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] I'm not happy as I look around at a suspiciously empty looking Arkansas Colosseum. I'm not aware of anything competing with us for the attention of the locals, so this is nothing but bad tidings. I don't know when was the last time Vendetta pulled such a small draw. No idea why. The main event we'd hyped wasn't our all-time best, but it never is with Vendetta. Maybe event fatigue before the PPV? Saving your money? One could only hope, but it's hard to take all of those empty hard plastic chairs, staring back at me accusingly, as anything but a bad omen. Part of the problem, as ever, was the line-up. [b]Eric Tyler[/b] was here, but he wouldn't be wrestling. Neither would the [B]Wrath of God[/B]. No [B]Eddie Peak[/B], no [B]Big Cat Brandon[/B]. Our biggest star of the night looked to be [B]Acid[/B], and he wasn't facing off against an A-Lister. But hell, Vendetta is all about giving underused talent a spin and keeping undertalented veterans from throwing a fit... I guess the audience finally caught on. [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Indigo"]DARK MATCH: #12 Art Reed vs Rudy Velasquez[/COLOR][/SIZE][/font][/CENTER] Result: Art Reed d. Rudy Velasquez by submission with a [b]Dredlock[/b]. [i]Jack's Notes: Not all that long ago, somebody insisted to me with a wide-open face and sincere eyes that putting Art Reed and Velasquez in a match together would result in surprising numbers, irrespective of chemistry. And I've been desperate to get something good out of Rudy Velasquez, even more than his other Latino Kings, if only because he's the only one I can see making it to the midcard, even if it takes him 2 or 3 years to get there. It didn't live up to the hype. For Velasquez, this wasn't a bad match. He was smart enough to play up to his gimmick and let Reed control the match just like he was supposed to, and he did look a little crisper, but this wouldn't be the one to go down as "the match where Velasquez randomly blew the roof off of the place". No, that was a match back in February when Velasquez was part of a losing effort in a triple threat against JD Morgan and his mentor, Shawn Gonzales, in a C+ rated match that would be the best that any of the three men so far in 2007. And it wasn't on TV. Reed puts Velasquez away screaming and tapping in the center of the ring.[/i] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]RATING: D+[/B][/COLOR] [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Indigo"]DARK MATCH: #8 Guide vs American Elemental[/COLOR][/SIZE][/font][/CENTER] Result: Guide d. American Elemental by pinfall w/a [b]Guided Missile[/b]. [i]Jack's Notes: I have got to get AE over enough to put on TV as soon as possible. AE has been rattling around the top end of the D range in match quality, mostly in crappy dark matches not substantially different than this one, but he's busted out some legitimate show-stoppers against Teddy Powell and Black Eagle... a feud between American Elemental and Black Eagle might be just the thing to really put them both on the map. Some of that was on display here, but only in moments. Guide was determined to make this match about him and didn't do enough to let AE take big spots, catching AE on a moonsault and converting it into a piledriver... impressive, but a pretty big no-sell. With all of his recent positive performance, Guide has started getting a little sick of his repeated dark match duty, and properly so. Without anything approaching a huge push, [b]Scout[/b] and Guide have started knocking on the door of the main event, though it's hard to imagine them displacing any of the current main eventers and they'd probably be stuck behind [B]Joey Minnesota[/B] if they did, but Guide has passed the point of wanting to put a lot of effort in on a guy like AE. A good match as a Guide showcase, but not much else.[/i] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]RATING: C-[/B][/COLOR] [CENTER][B]***MAIN SHOW***[/B] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/MarkCuban-1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Mark Cuban[/B] is the first one out to the ring, and the Arkansas crowd lets him have it. Pacing around the ring, he starts another of his monologues. Cuban: [b]Tyler[/b], I couldn't have written this any better. You bluff your way through the first two rounds of the [b]Playoffs[/b], only to run up against [B]The Great White Shark.[/B] You've been lucky, but luck doesn't do it against [B]Eddie Peak[/B]. That psycho is gonna rip you apart. Me and my [B]Security Policy[/B] won't have to do anything. (Cuban stops pacing, staring intensely up the aisle, which is dark and vacant) Cuban: [B]But let me make something clear.[/B] I don't care what Eddie Peak does or doesn't do to you. I think he'll bleed you dry, and leave you exposed in the center of the ring, all flappy-skinned and old, and that'll be great. I'll buy him a beer, though I'm sure as **** not gonna deliver it to him myself. But let's say... let's just say that Eddie dies of a heart-attack tomorrow. He won't, but let's pretend that Eddie can't show up for your match, that you just... waltz into the Finals somehow. [B]It won't matter.[/B] I will stake my name and ****ing reputation on this, old man, so let me be clear. [B]YOU WILL NEVER WIN THIS TOURNAMENT.[/B] You won't, because I don't let you. It's my federation, Tyler. I own it. I own you. I own every damn one of you to paid to put your ***es in my seat, too, boo if you want to, but you know it's true. And it's my decision to make. I say: You lose. (The crowd chants for Tyler, but he doesn't appear) [COLOR="DarkRed"]RATING: C[/COLOR] [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Indigo"]#10 Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs Fumihiro Ota vs Alex Braun vs Johnny Martin vs Alex Braun vs JD Morgan[/COLOR] [/SIZE][B]FIVE WAY HARDCORE MATCH MATCH[/B][/FONT] [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]#1 Contender Match for the [B]Brass Knuckles Title[/B][/FONT][/center] Result: Alex Braun d. JD Morgan by pinfall after a [B]Braun Damage[/B] variant through a table. [i]Jack's Notes: No subtlety here, just a fiveway slugfest to determine who faces [B]Joey Minnesota[/B] at [B]Final Showdown.[/B] [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/B] almost certainly came into this match the putative favorite, but Braun manages to shock everyone by putting JD Morgan through a table while Ota and Bulldozer nullify eachother and Johnny Martin shakes off cobwebs after being military pressed and tossed by a furious and overpowering 'Dozer. It's an interesting change to visit with five of our relatively unheralded midcarders. [B]'Dozer[/B] went on an absolute tear after his debut, taking [B]Eddie Peak[/B] on in the main event of [B]Danger Zone TV[/B] and doing solid routines with [B]Big Cat Brandon[/B] and [B]Joey Minnesota[/B], but things have quieted a bit for the big man, with some fans saying he was being pushed too aggressively. [B]Fumihiro Ota[/B] stays popular because of his awesome look and role in the [B]Cult of the Gray Dragon[/B], but I still have no good idea about how to use him. [B]JD Morgan[/B] might be the closest thing DaVE has to a legitimate cult hero, with some of the purists insisting that JD's midcard status is the biggest waste of talent in DaVE. [B]Johnny Martin[/B] isn't interesting. But nobody expected [B]The Iceman[/B] to pick this one up. His comeback from his years of exile with deadweight taco-truck [B]Tank Bradley[/B] has been one of DaVE's most inspiring stories, and there isn't a person not cheering when a sweaty and exhausted Braun takes to the turnbuckle and waves to the crowd. The moment is all the sweeter as [B]JD Morgan[/B] pulls himself up and takes a charge at Braun, trying to catch him unaware and get a measure of revenge, only to be absolutely flattened by Dozer's [B]Three Point Tackle[/B]. Braun sees it and Dozer and Braun shake hands in the center of the ring in a colossal meeting of DaVE's past and future.[/i] [COLOR="DarkRed"]RATING: C-[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/SammyBach.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/TeddyPowell.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] As the lights come back up, we see that the ring has been outfitted with several platforms, swings and bars for a "House of Fun" match. The crowd likes this, and perks up a bit. Next out is the semi-obligatory [B]"Sammy Bach screeches like a woman"[/B] angle, as Bach hits the ramp and the mic and screams semi-coherantly for Acid to show up, face him like a man and stop skulking around in the shadows, and, most of all, to return his kidnapped girlfriend/bitchy announcer/resident sexpot [b]Emma Chase[/B]. Powell stands by, looking a little embarrassed by the spectacle but trying to support his screechy friend, his face dark behind his beard. [CENTER][img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Acid.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/BlackEagle.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/FumihiroOta.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] After several minutes of this, the lights go dark and the arena goes silent as the smoke starts to billow from under the ring where strange, pale lights flicker and dance. [B]Acid's[/B] entrance music is barely entrance music at all, just creaks and groans, like the noises of an old building, with nothing but a rumbling synth line slicing in and out behind it. Bach starts to charge the ring but Powell is able to hold him back. When the smoke clears, [B]The Cult of the Gray Dragon[/B] is assembled. Ota seems undamaged from his role in the contest of moment's before, and he and [B]Black Eagle[/B] flank Acid. Acid steps forward, his arms crossed, and extends one gloved finger at Sammy Bach, then jerks his thumb back at Black Eagle. In a smooth motion, Eagle steps forward, nods slightly at Bach, and draws his thumb across his throat. Bach starts to protest and bolt towards Acid, but the ring is already filling again. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]RATING: C-[/B][/COLOR] [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Indigo"]Black Eagle -vs- Sammy Bach[/COLOR] [/SIZE][B]HOUSE OF FUN MATCH[/B][/FONT][/center] Result: Sammy Bach d. Black Eagle w/a [b]Bach on your Back[/b]. [i]Jack's Notes: When the smoke clears, Acid is gone but Ota is still there. He clears out, but hangs around on the apron, looking unfriendly and a little constipated, shadowed and eyeballed by [b]Teddy Powell[/b] from the opposite side of the ring. And you know, I may have hated on Sammy Bach in the past and our backstage squabbles are certainly well-documented but I have to give the guy credit for having the wherewithal to appreciate the chance he's been given. A few months ago, even as tag team champions, Bach was scrabbling around in the midcard against guys like [b]The McWades[/b]. Now, he's on the cusp of a major PPV appearance against fooking [b]Acid[/b]. It's rewarding, even though I kinda hate the guy, to see him channeling his floppy haired youth energy gimmick into something really angry - he charges Black Eagle as soon as the bell rings and takes him totally out of his game with an unexpected brawling attack, busting his chin with a jaw breaker, choking him on the ringropes. The crowd does a lot of cheering, surprised and a little bloodlusty at seeing Bach presenting such a different attack strategy. The momentum doesn't change for awhile and Bach gets the chance to hit some big aerial moves on a dazed Eagle, striping him with a top rope leg lariat and his increasingly characteristic springing monkey flip from the top of the bar structure. He goes aerial to do... well... something, and Ota finally makes his presence felt, pushing Bach forward headfirst on to the mat. Powell charges Ota and the two exchange blows outside, but Eagle quickly recovers and keeps Bach winded with a series of kicking based attacks culminating in a very cool trampoline spring into an impact DDT that gets almost double the height because of the trampoline boost. Eagle climbs all the way up to the top of the bar structure and poses there with the lights on him... crouched 15 feet in the air, backlit and motionless, Black Eagle looks like nothing more than some huge, predatory bird, and when he jack-knives down, corkscrewing his body around in a [b]New Jersey Turnpike[/b] (perhaps my least favorite name for a finishing move ever), it's all the more surprising when Bach manages to get out of the way. Eagle hits the ground hard enough to bounce a little, and Bach is able to get to his feet first, fake a [b]Bach on your Back[/b], and get huge cheers as he superkicks the lurking Ota before hitting his move for real and picking up a clean win over Eagle.[/i] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]RATING: C[/B][/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EmmaChase.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Of course, I can't help but torture Sammy Bach a little more. After Bach's win, nothing happens. The crowd is braced and hyped for some sort of interference or retaliation from the [B]Cult of the Gray Dragon[/B], but it doesn't really happen. Ota grabs Eagle and rolls him out of the ring while Bach and Powell control the center of the ring, Bach's peppy-rock theme music hits the speakers, the crowd cheers and... it all cuts off, like someone flipping a switch. The house lights drop down to a thin gray haze and Bach's music shuts off with a horrible squeal, like someone tearing a record off if its player. When the first groans and creaks hit the speaker and the lasers start cutting through the rapidly billowing haze, Bach starts looking around frantically and angrily, desperate to finally get his hands on Acid. But the smoke clears and the music fades again without incident, and with a flicker, the houselights come back up. Bach and Powell look at each other with increasing confusion before Powell notices the fabric, sheer in the center of the ring, and Bach picks it up. His face darkens and his jaw bunches up as he recognizes it as the dress [b]Emma Chase[/b] was wearing on the night she was kidnapped, and the Emma Chase angle takes on an entirely new and darker subtext. It really isn't possible for things to get any more personal between Sammy Bach and Acid... note, that's just Sammy Bach and Acid, not Acid and Sammy Bach. There's really never been an indication that Acid has enough humanity to get "personal" with. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]RATING: C-[/B][/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EricTyler.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Guide.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Scout.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The crowd gives a good-sized pop as the camera cuts backstage, where [B]Eric Tyler[/B], [B]Scout[/B] and [B]Guide[/B] are sitting around a small card table, Tyler chain-smoking and frowning at his cards, the members of [B]New Wave[/B] lounged in their usual casual postures of predators at rest. All three men snap to attention as the door bangs open and [B]Nemesis[/B] walks in, alone. The crowd, not sure entirely what to make of this, starts cheering... presumably at least partially at the possibility of Tyler and Nemesis getting into it. As if reading the crowds' minds, the three men stand up, but Nemesis raises his huge hands. [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Nemisis.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Nemesis: Relax. I'm not here to fight. (Tyler nods slightly, but Guide and Scout silently slip around either side of Nemesis and stand slightly to the rear and either side of him, too far back to be in his peripheral vision. Nemesis frowns and his eyes flicker briefly from side to side, but he seems otherwise unaffected. Tyler yawns and returns to his seat, ashing his cigarette.) Tyler: What do you want? Nemesis: Eric, I know we've had our moments. Hell, I still remember the seven stitches I needed after you threw me off of that cage at Counter Culture in 1998. Tyler: (exhaling smoke) You won that match. Nemesis: Yeah, but you got the next one. And I got the one after. Tyler: (jabs his cigarette out, stares at Nemesis) You got a point, big man? Nemesis: The point, Eric, is that I respect you. I'll give you that. And I'm here to give you a little advice. Not that long ago, I was in your situation - it's hard to hang up your boots. You always want to make one more big splash. And for a long time, you can get away with it, you can punch right through it no matter how many times your body tells you to stop. Hell, I have a pretty good idea how much you ache at night. I got a bum shoulder, bum knee, hell, I probably even have a bum ***hole. Who knows. Tyler: The. Point. Nemesis: Here it is. I'm not gonna come in here and tell you that you can't beat [B]Eddie Peak[/B]. You're slower than you used to be, but you're smart. You're lucky. You know just about every trick in the book. If things come down just the right way, you might be able to pull out a win. But see, Eddie Peak, he could [B]end your career[/B]. You have a good night, you might win. You have a bad night, you might never walk again. Peak is an animal, Tyler. Even I haven't ever seen anything like him. Nemesis: And Tyler, you may not realize this, but I'm protecting you from him. Right now. Protecting you. You get in that ring, you're own your own. (with a snort, Guide takes a step forward, his hands coming up, but Tyler almost imperceptibly shakes his head and Guide pulls up short, scowling.) Tyler: I appreciate the advice. Forgive me if I don't shake your hand. Nemesis: (smiles for the first time) Never even thought about it. (Nemesis walks out, Guide and Scout part to let him through, giving him only enough space that he brushes shoulders with both men as he passes. Guide and Scout watch the door close, then turn to their leader. Tyler rubs his chin for a long second, then sweeps the chips and cards to the floor.) Tyler: Men, have a seat. It's time to get familiar with Plan B. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]RATING: B-[/B][/COLOR] [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Indigo"]Nathan Coleman -vs- Shawn Gonzales[/COLOR] [/SIZE][B]HARDCORE TABLE MATCH[/B][/FONT][/center] Result: Shawn Gonzales d. Nathan Coleman after Coleman is put through a table. [I]Jack's Notes: And this, again, is what Vendetta! is all about. Yes, I'm resting my A-Listers for what I can already promise you will be one of the most physically grueling PPVs in DaVE's history (though no DaVE PPVs are really walks in the park). No, the main event of Vendetta is a time when the melodrama takes a backseat and two guys who don't get enough press get the chance to beat the hell out of eachother. Tonight's match was "old school" flavored, as two slightly over the hill wrestlers go at it in an archetypical DaVE setting, and respond by putting on a bloody, violent classic, unencumbered by Cuban's psuedo-innovation or my navalgazing script-writing. Gonzales splits Coleman open after a springboard leg lariat across a chair on a prone Coleman. Coleman returns the favor a second later, whipping a garbage can lid across Gonzales' face like a razor edged frisbee of aluminum death a moment later. The two have great chemistry and the choice of venue really brings it out. The crowd gets behind them, and when Shawn Gonzales, his face a mess of blood and sweat, puts Coleman through a table in the center of the ring after an indulgently long stall suplex, the crowd is audience. But a little perspective. Even with great chemistry, this is about as far as I can push these two, the way things are now. Both men really belong in the tag division. And while they're great for the main event on Vendetta!, I wouldn't plan on seeing either one at the PPV. Or any PPV, really.[/I] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]RATING: C+[/B][/COLOR] [FONT="Impact"]SHOW RATING: C[/FONT] [/QUOTE] [I]No Peak, no Giedroyc. I suppose I'll have to take it and be grateful, especially away from McGraw. Still a little worried about the attendance drop - even in the absence of any real A-Listers, this was a crappy draw. Next up, the PPV. Word has just come in that the tickets are selling at such a brisk pace, we'll probably have to abandon the [B]McGraw Arena[/B] for [B]Evanovich Riverside[/B], which seats a full 10,000! Today's lukewarm showing leaves me a little nervous about making that sort of a financial commitment, but you can only get fired once, right?[/I]

Absolutely fantastic to see my favorite diary back, and a solid Vendetta to bring it back into the fold. One glaring mistake though: [QUOTE]#10 Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs Fumihiro Ota vs [I]Alex Braun[/I] vs Johnny Martin vs [I]Alex Braun[/I] vs JD Morgan FIVE WAY HARDCORE MATCH MATCH[/QUOTE] I count six men, but that could be because Braun is listed twice =P Cheers for the return mate, can't wait to see you back in full stride!!!

[CENTER][B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="6"]"The Preview Thread Comes Two Months Late"[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [I]Ladies and gentlemen, the final card has been decided. Buy your tickets and reserve your place at the Evanovich Arena for a night that will be remembered in the sanctified chronicles of wrestling...[/I] [CENTER][img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Davefs.jpg[/img] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="3"][B][U]THE MAIN EVENT[/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] It's only lasted a month, but it's certainly [I]felt[/I] like much longer. The [B]DaVE! Playoffs[/B] have proven to be one of Cuban's most fruitful ideas, bringing high quality matches and surprising results from a wide range of DaVE superstars. At the beginning, 16 men entered. Now, we're down to the Final Four. All questions will be answered as a new [B]Unified Champion[/B] is crowned at [B]Final Showdown![/B]Both the semi-finals and finals are scheduled to occur for a fantastic [B]three part main event![/B] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EricTyler.jpg[/IMG] -vs- [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EddiePeak.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Century Gothic"]ERIC TYLER VERSUS EDDIE PEAK[/FONT] [FONT="Arial Black"]SEMIFINAL MATCH - LAST MAN STANDING[/FONT] [B]The Man Who Won't Stay Down[/B] risks his health and career as he looks to pull off the underdog victory against [B]The Great White Shark[/B]. [B]Eric Tyler[/B] has been resurgent in recent months, revitalizing a career seemingly headed towards retirement with convincing wins over superstars like [B]Acid[/B] and [B]Rick Law[/B]. [B]Mark Cuban[/B] has sworn that Tyler won't be permitted to regain the [B]Unified Title[/B], and the presence of [B]Rick Law[/B] hasn't completely been ruled out. However, no matter how you cut it, Tyler is an underdog going into this match against [B]Eddie Peak[/B], who has seen his ever tenuous grip on reality badly degraded in recent weeks. Erratic, hallucinatory and increasingly reliant on a battery of heavy pharmaceuticals to regain his focus, Peak is alternatively distracted and bloodthirsty, swinging through extremes of savagery and disinterest seemingly without warning. Peak's descent into madness may represent Tyler's best and last chance of making the final round, but it could also represent a ride in the ambulance or worse. [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/JackGiedroyc.jpg[/IMG] -vs- [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/BigCatBrandon_alt.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Century Gothic"]JACK GIEDROYC VERSUS BIG CAT BRANDON[/FONT] [FONT="Arial Black"]SEMIFINAL MATCH - LAST MAN STANDING[/FONT] Some analysts are saying that [B]The Wrath of God[/B] and [B]The Big Cat[/B] don't make sense as a match-up, that they've got no heat and no history. [B]These people don't know DaVE.[/B] [B]Jack Giedroyc's[/B] rise to stardom didn't used to be about his relationship with God. No, back before Giedroyc's [B]Big Bump on the Head[/B], he was a standard-issue buttkicker looking for his meal ticket out of the midcard. That ticket came in the form of at-the-time [B]Brass Knuckles Champion Big Cat Brandon[/B]. After an epic rivalry widely considered to be one of DaVE's best, Giedroyc conclusively defeated Brandon with a clean pin. Giedroyc's star rose dramatically, while Brandon was left with the aftertaste of the defeat. Brandon has come closer to the [B]Unified Title[/B] than anyone in recent months, and he'd gladly spill his last drop of blood to earn another shot. But Giedroyc has shown that he understands how to beat the Big Cat. Can he do it again? [B][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]THEN, THE FINALS, AS EITHER PEAK OR TYLER FACE OFF AGAINST GIEDROYC OR BRANDON, AND IT'LL BE [U]HELL IN A CELL!!![/U][/FONT][/B] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="3"][B][U]THE UNDERCARD[/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/SammyBach.jpg[/IMG] -vs- [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Acid.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Century Gothic"]SAMMY BACH VERSUS ACID[/FONT] [FONT="Arial Black"]"TLC" MATCH[/FONT] Three weeks after her disappearance, no one is entirely sure [I]why[/I] the [B]Cult of the Gray Dragon[/B] kidnapped [B]Emma Chase[/B]. Their silent leader, [B]Acid[/B], has never spoken to comment, but has seemingly taunted Emma Chase's boyfriend [B]Sammy Bach[/B] in the worst and most personal ways, teasing him with glimpses of his lost love through waves of steam, even dropping the dress she was wearing when she was kidnapped in the center of the ring. It is unclear whether a PPV win will do anything to unlock the mystery of Chase's fate, but Bach, outpowered and outnumbered, will respond the only way he knows how - in the ring.[/CENTER] ALSO: [B]JOEY MINNESOTA VERSUS ALEX BRAUN FOR THE BRASS KNUCKLES TITLE![/B] [B]TEDDY POWELL VERSUS BLACK EAGLE AS ADRENALINE RUSH CONTINUES TO LAY SIEGE TO THE CULT OF THE GRAY DRAGON![/B] Get your scorecard and pick your winners - the PPV is next! SHORTFORM FOR PREDICTIONS: ERIC TYLER VS EDDIE PEAK (Last Man Standing) JACK GIEDROYC VS BIG CAT BRANDON (Last Man Standing) TYLER or PEAK VS GIEDROYC or BRANDON (Hell In A Cell) SAMMY BACH VS ACID (TLC Match) JOEY MINNESOTA VS ALEX BRAUN (Hardcore match) TEDDY POWELL VS BLACK EAGLE

SHORTFORM FOR PREDICTIONS: [B]ERIC TYLER[/B] VS EDDIE PEAK (Last Man Standing) [B]JACK GIEDROYC[/B] VS BIG CAT BRANDON (Last Man Standing) [B]TYLER [/B]or PEAK VS GIEDROYC or BRANDON (Hell In A Cell) SAMMY BACH VS [B]ACID[/B] (TLC Match) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA[/B] VS ALEX BRAUN (Hardcore match) TEDDY POWELL VS[B] BLACK EAGLE[/B]

[B]ERIC TYLER [/B]VS EDDIE PEAK (Last Man Standing) [B]JACK GIEDROYC [/B]VS BIG CAT BRANDON (Last Man Standing) [B]TYLER[/B] or PEAK VS GIEDROYC or BRANDON (Hell In A Cell) SAMMY BACH VS [B]ACID[/B] (TLC Match) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA [/B]VS ALEX BRAUN (Hardcore match) TEDDY POWELL VS [B]BLACK EAGLE[/B]

ERIC TYLER VS [B]EDDIE PEAK[/B] (Last Man Standing) [B]JACK GIEDROYC[/B] VS BIG CAT BRANDON (Last Man Standing) TYLER or PEAK VS [B]GIEDROYC[/B] or BRANDON (Hell In A Cell) SAMMY BACH VS [B]ACID[/B] (TLC Match) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA[/B] VS ALEX BRAUN (Hardcore match) TEDDY POWELL VS [B]BLACK EAGLE[/B]

[B]ERIC TYLER[/B] VS EDDIE PEAK (Last Man Standing) JACK GIEDROYC VS [B]BIG CAT BRANDON[/B] (Last Man Standing) [B]TYLER[/B] or PEAK VS GIEDROYCor BRANDON (Hell In A Cell) SAMMY BACH VS [B]ACID [/B](TLC Match) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA[/B] VS ALEX BRAUN (Hardcore match) TEDDY POWELL VS [B]BLACK EAGLE[/B]

ERIC TYLER VS [B]EDDIE PEAK[/B] (Last Man Standing) JACK GIEDROYC VS [B]BIG CAT BRANDON[/B] (Last Man Standing) TYLER or [B]PEAK[/B] VS GIEDROYCor BRANDON (Hell In A Cell) The Great White Shark cannot be stopped! [B]SAMMY BACH[/B] VS ACID (TLC Match) JOEY MINNESOTA VS [B]ALEX BRAUN[/B] (Hardcore match) TEDDY POWELL VS [B]BLACK EAGLE[/B]

[B]ERIC TYLER[/B] VS EDDIE PEAK (Last Man Standing) JACK GIEDROYC VS [B]BIG CAT BRANDON[/B] (Last Man Standing) [B]TYLER[/B] or PEAK VS GIEDROYC or BRANDON (Hell In A Cell) SAMMY BACH VS [B]ACID[/B] (TLC Match) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA[/B] VS ALEX BRAUN (Hardcore match) TEDDY POWELL VS [B]BLACK EAGLE[/B]

[B]ERIC TYLER[/B] VS EDDIE PEAK (Last Man Standing) JACK GIEDROYC VS [B]BIG CAT BRANDON[/B] (Last Man Standing) TYLER or [B]PEAK[/B] VS GIEDROYC or BRANDON (Hell In A Cell) [B]SAMMY BACH[/B] VS ACID (TLC Match) JOEY MINNESOTA VS [B]ALEX BRAUN[/B] (Hardcore match) TEDDY POWELL VS [B]BLACK EAGLE[/B] I'd give reasons, but my predictions are usually pretty inaccurate regardless. I've covered Tyler in another post, but anyway, it's good to see you back and running Pox.

I'm beyond positive I've posted these a time or two AND I think I covered the DaVE Playoffs in the ITC report I submitted. Anyway... here I go again. [b]ERIC TYLER[/b] VS EDDIE PEAK(Last Man Standing) - based on Cuban bringing the Police Brutality (aka Rick Law) in to give the Great White Shark the win... but it backfires thereby furthering the Cuban/Tyler story [B]JACK GIEDROYC[/B] VS BIG CAT BRANDON (Last Man Standing) - I picked Jack to win the whole thing, so I'll stick with it. TYLER or PEAK VS [B]GIEDROYC[/B] or BRANDON (Hell In A Cell) - See above. Although I'd love to see Tyler in here because then... cue the over booking as Cuban tries desperately to get inside the cage and at Tyler... of course one problem will be... [b]he ends up inside the Hell in the Cell WITH Tyler![/b] SAMMY BACH VS [B]ACID[/B] (TLC Match) - because really, no one cares if Sammy gets his girl back. [B]JOEY MINNESOTA[/B] VS ALEX BRAUN (Hardcore match) - just coz you don't have Jellybelly Bradley to lug around doesn't mean you get a title Alex. Silly Iceman! [B]TEDDY POWELL[/B] VS BLACK EAGLE - because otherwise Payne or Nemesis or Tyler will complain about 'pay your dues. dues. pay them!' Oh and 'pox, nice to see how with Cuban's marginal relaxation of the reins you were under, seems like every damn match is gimmicked to high heaven. What about those investments of Cuban's? ;)

[B]ERIC TYLER[/B] VS EDDIE PEAK (Last Man Standing) The old man has another run in him, plus a frustrated Cuban is an entertaining Cuban [B]JACK GIEDROYC[/B] VS BIG CAT BRANDON (Last Man Standing) I'm not a Big Cat fan [B]TYLER[/B] or PEAK VS GIEDROYC or BRANDON (Hell In A Cell) Im with Beeker hoping Cubes ends up in the cell with Tyler SAMMY BACH VS [B]ACID[/B] (TLC Match) Acid wins when a new darker Emma Chase costs Sammy the match [B]JOEY MINNESOTA[/B] VS ALEX BRAUN Braun still has to prove himself in singles matches a little more before a title run(Hardcore match) TEDDY POWELL VS [B]BLACK EAGLE[/B] Teddy sucks. End of story. btw Beeker I think Cuban's restrictions were gotten around due to him being busy on that crap dancing with the stars. I wonder what Nemesis or Tyler thinks of that?

ERIC TYLER VS [B]EDDIE PEAK [/B](Last Man Standing) [B]JACK GIEDROYC[/B] VS BIG CAT BRANDON (Last Man Standing) TYLER or [B]PEAK [/B]VS GIEDROYC or BRANDON (Hell In A Cell) SAMMY BACH VS [B]ACID [/B](TLC Match) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA [/B]VS ALEX BRAUN (Hardcore match) TEDDY POWELL VS [B]BLACK EAGLE[/B]

[B]ERIC TYLER[/B] VS EDDIE PEAK (Last Man Standing) JACK GIEDROYC VS [B]BIG CAT BRANDON[/B] (Last Man Standing) TYLER or PEAK VS GIEDROYC or [B]BRANDON[/B] (Hell In A Cell) [B]SAMMY BACH[/B] VS ACID (TLC Match) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA[/B] VS ALEX BRAUN (Hardcore match) TEDDY POWELL VS [B]BLACK EAGLE[/B]

[CENTER][B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="5"]"Sweet, Sweet Fruition, Part I"[/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [i]"Ladies and gentlemen, it is with the greatest sincerity that I welcome you, at long last, to the culmination of a tremendous build-up, of the hopes and dreams of 16 DaVE Superstars borne out through blood and tears, down to this, the most epic of our epics:"[/i] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Davefs.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][center]Too big for McGraw, we're coming to you live from Evanovich Riverside with a SOLD OUT CROWD OF 10,000! WOW![/center][/FONT] [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Indigo"]Johnny Martin -vs- Kashmir Singh[/COLOR] [/SIZE][B]DARK MATCH[/B][/FONT][/center] Result: Johnny Martin d. Kashmir Singh w/a [b]Twist on the Rocks[/b]. [i]Jack's Notes: Momentum builder for Martin, more than anything. He looked good out there, and the kid did a good job of putting him over without getting jittery in front of a huge (and very very loud) crowd. The audience is happy to root for Martin in a PPV appearance, even if it's just the house crowd, and he gets a chance to pose on the turnbuckles after laying out a sound thrashing. Martin's moves aren't incredibly athletic, but they are crisp, well-executed and painful looking. Singh is probably still best described as a "project", even when I'm feeling generous. I picked him up for his long term potential, but at this point, I can't see a light at the end of the tunnel besides more and more darkmatching. So far, the best I've squeezed out of Singh is a C-, but at the chumpchange rate I'm paying him, there's also no particular hurry.[/i] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Rating: D+[/B][/COLOR] [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Indigo"]Nathan Coleman vs #10 Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/COLOR] [/SIZE][B]DARK MATCH[/B][/FONT][/center] Result: Bulldozer Brandon Smith drew with Nathan Coleman after the match degenerated into a slugfest. [i]Jack's Notes: This is more of a trial run than anything else. I let 'Dozer jump up all the way to the main event just long enough to get established, but his more permanent home will be in either the tag team or Brass Knuckles divisions. I think he could pull an awesome rivalry against [b]Joey Minnesota[/b], in particular. Coleman's style meshes well with Smith, as the brawling is really only broken up by Dozer's occasional jaw-dropping powermove. Dozer can sustain a military press longer than anyone else on the roster, and takes a wiggling and resistant Coleman way up in the air before dropping him all the way back down. Dozer brings a bigger moveset to every single match, which goes a long way in convincing me that he hasn't come close to hitting his ceiling or meeting his potential. Today, it's a vicious new short-arm clothesline that flips Coleman almost completely over before he hits the ground head first. Coleman is cagey and keeps clawing back, and the ref eventually stops the match as both men refuse to stop swinging at eachother. (what really happened, of course, was the hitting of the fairly conservative time-limit, and since I'm trying to build a little juice for both of these guys, neither could really go over)[/i] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Rating: C-[/B][/COLOR] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][CENTER][B]***MAIN SHOW***[/B][/CENTER][/FONT] [center] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/TeddyPowell.jpg[/IMG] -vs- [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/BlackEagle.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Century Gothic"][b]TEDDY POWELL VERSUS BLACK EAGLE[/FONT][/b][/center] Result: Teddy Powell d. Black Eagle by DQ after Teddy Powell is absolutely beaten down. [i]Jack's Notes: This match starts things off with a bang, as the show opens to Teddy Powell and Sammy Bach bouncing down the aisle to their usual youth energy lite-rock, waving to the crowd and springing down the ramp on their toes. Both men have bulked up a bit since they entered DaVE, and both look focused - Bach's eyes reduced to slits, Powell's beard a little less p***y looking than usual. In an arena as large as this one, when the lights drop down to the thin gray light that signifies the entrance of the [b]Cult of the Gray Dragon[/b] and Acid's music grinds and creaks out of the speakers, the effect is impressive. The lasers that slice horizontally through the gathering smoke are better than what we usually have, and the impact is just what I'd hoped for when I agreed to the extra 3 grand in laser rental. Motionless, the Cult coalesces out of the diminishing steam at the top of the ramp, all three standing with their heads bowed as if in mourning. In unison, they stride forward - three splinters of black against the stainless steel, and all three roll into the ring. Black Eagle immediately takes to his characteristic perch at the turnbuckle, crouched like an enormous bird, his hair criss-crossing his mask. Sammy and Teddy immediately charge towards the group but the ref is able to separate them and talk Bach out of the ring. [b]Acid[/b] and [b]Fumihiro Ota[/b] leave without protest, leaving Powell and Eagle alone in the ring. The two men are slow to lock up, and Eagle takes advantage almost immediately, kicking Powell in the stomach and whipping him into an armbar. Powell rallies with a twisting enziguri that gets the crowd going, and the match takes off from there. Neither Bach nor the Cult ever interfere, though Bach clearly wants to, pacing back and forth across his side of the ring apron and muttering to himself. Powell and Eagle put on a fairly mediocre match. Powell lacks a distinctive moveset far beyond "generic cruiserweight", and he doesn't really have the aerial chops to take it up top and innovate enough to work as a spot monkey. You end up with lots of dropkicks, headscissors, but nothing with much punch or snap. Eagle is better, even way better, but DaVE fans don't live off of spots alone. Black Eagle looks great perched up on the ropes and he's creative in the air, but he needs the right opponent and that guy really isn't Teddy Powell. This match ends when Powell takes a pretty big advantage by slipping around a reverse elbow and driving Eagle backwards into the mat with a reverse DDT. He pulls him back up for the Motion Sensor, but at that moment [b]Acid[/b] snaps his fingers and the top of the ramp is suddenly illuminated. Both Bach and Powell turn to look. Illuminated under the powerful spotlight in something gauzy and white is [b]Emma Chase[/b] herself, laying forward on her elbows, looking disoriented, her face concealed by the waves of blonde hair. Bach immediately charges up the ramp, but as he does so the ramp goes jet black. Bach plunders into the shadows, screaming for Emma and pawing the air. Meanwhile, the entire Cult of the Gray Dragon has entered the ring. The ref immediately signals for the bell, but the Cult isn't interested. In the course of twenty seconds, Teddy Powell is completely dismantled. He gets his hands up to block a feigned superkick from Acid, but Ota goes low and sweeps his legs. From there, it's gruesome. Powell takes a Ninja Strike, New Jersey Turnpike and Acid Rain Bomb before Bach, tears slicking his face, stumbles alone back out of the darkness and charges into the ring. By then, Powell is motionless in the center of the ring, face down, limbs bent out at strange angles. Bach screams insults at the Cult as they retreat up the ramp, but they don't even look over their shoulder. Minutes later, a still unconscious Teddy Powell is stretchered out of the ring as Mark Cuban observes the obvious: Sammy Bach is now totally alone against the Cult of the Gray Dragon.[/i] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Rating: D+[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EricTyler.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Guide.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EddiePeak.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Nemisis-1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The camera cuts backstage, and focuses on the door to Eddie Peak's dressing room. It pulls back slightly, and the crowd cheers as the camera settles on [b]Eric Tyler[/b] and [b]Guide[/b]. Tyler slaps Guide on the shoulder. Guide nods. Tyler takes a deep breath, opens the door, and both men charge inside. The shouts and sounds of combat kick up immediately, and the camera catches bits of the action through the partially closed door. The audience sees Eddie Peak run across the threshold, his eyes wild, hear a succession of heavy noises, and see a presumably thrown chair explode against the far wall. Suddenly, the door bangs open as Guide sails through it, upside down. A red-faced and swinging Nemesis tears after him, pulling him up and then flooring him again with a huge right hand. Tyler comes out back first, exchanging punches with the grinning Peak. Guide gets to his feet and the two members of the [b]School of Tradition[/b] are able to create enough space to retreat rapidly down the hallway as Nemesis physically restrains Peak from running after them. The camera follows Guide and Eric Tyler as they run down the hallway. After turning a corner, a panting Tyler turns to Guide and asks "Well, do you think he got it?" [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Rating: B-[/B][/COLOR] [center] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/JoeyMinnesota.jpg[/IMG] -vs- [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/AlexBraun.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Century Gothic"][b]#6 JOEY MINNESOTA VERSUS ALEX BRAUN[/b][/FONT] [FONT="Arial Black"]HARDCORE MATCH FOR THE BRASS KNUCKLES TITLE[/FONT][/center] Result: Joey Minnesota d Alex Braun with a [b]Minnesota Salute[/b]. [i]Jack's Notes: I've been surprised by how much of the pre-PPV press coverage anticipated that this would be an upset victory and return to the Brass Knuckles Title for the Iceman. Good match for Braun, but he was running on fumes by the end. I didn't know if we'll ever have another equally good opportunity for Braun to get some positive national coverage (which he deserves), but it can't really go any further than this. The match is fine, a slobberknocker and all that, and Braun and Minnesota have excellent chemistry... which in a perverse way really suggests that Braun has nowhere to go. The fact that the chemistry and timing is so good actually works against his long term future, though I'm sure I can find a use for him somewhere. Braun's lack of stamina means that he's doomed to play the part of the rallying face in a match like this, since he doesn't have the lungs to chain together more than a few moves. A surplusage of rest holds and "oh my god both men are down!" moments give Braun plenty of time to recuperate, but it doesn't do much for momentum. Braun and Minnesota are automatic with timing, but Braun just can't keep it up for long anymore. Yes, you read that right.[/i] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Rating: C[/B][/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Scout.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Tyler and Guide are back in the locker room, still breathing hard. Tyler is rubbing a forming bruise on his arm and Guide's facepaint is smudged. Both men look nervous and expectant, and jump to their feet as the door bangs back open. [b]Scout[/b] walks in. Both men stare at him expectantly. Without a word, he extends his hand and opens it to reveal a small bottle of pills with [b]"EDDIES PILLS DONT TOUCH PLESE"[/b] written on them in crude handwriting. Eric Tyler smiles and rubs his hands together as he considers the stolen pharmaceuticals. The School of Tradition has executed Plan B - Eddie Peak no longer has his pills. As the camera cuts back to the announcers, [b]Vaess[/b] and [b]Cuban[/b] briefly debate the wisdom of this move by Tyler. On the one hand, without the pills (which are, as you remember, horse tranqs), Peak is prone to periods of distraction and loss of focus in the ring. On the other hand, when he focuses, he's twice as vicious, especially at the sight of blood. Cuban laughs. [b]"So that's Tyler's new strategy? 'Don't bleed?'[/b] Good luck on that one, old man. This is gonna be even more fun than I thought." [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Rating: C+[/B][/COLOR] [center] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/SammyBach.jpg[/IMG] -vs- [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Acid.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Century Gothic"][b]SAMMY BACH VERSUS #4 ACID[/b][/FONT] [FONT="Arial Black"]"TLC" MATCH[/FONT][/center] Result: Acid d Sammy Bach after Emma Chase interferes. [i]Jack's Notes: When Bach opens the match by jumping over a table, catching Acid in a rana and putting him through it, I know that this is a very new and different Sammy Bach than what we've been used to. Bach wrestles with a passion and intensity that we've never seen from him before, and absolutely puts his health on the line. The level of creativity in this match is incredible, as both wrestlers seemingly invent the wheel of their personal arsenals in real time. Acid cuts Sammy Bach down with a dragon screw, two count. Bach blocks a superkick with a chair, bulldog. Two count. Acid tries an Acid Rain Bomb and misses into a chair - two count. It goes on this way, never slacking in intensity, for over 20 minutes. I find myself worrying whether the main eventers are even going to be able to keep up with this sort of display. I can't see [b]Eric Tyler[/b] nailing [b]Eddie Peak[/b] with a moonsault off of the top of the ladder, for example, and even if I can imagine [b]Giedroyc[/b] DDTing [b]Big Cat Brandon[/b] through a table, I can't imagine him doing it from the top rope. [b]The Cult of the Gray Dragon[/b] is ever present on the periphery, standing side by side at the apron, completely motionless, not reacting in any way to the action. At one point, Bach charges Acid as he's slumped on the ropes, but Acid sidesteps, hooks Bach under the arm and hiptosses him out of the ring, directly in front of Ota. Ota and Eagle take a gliding step towards the dazed Bach but Acid flicks his wrist slightly and both men immediately retreat. Part of what makes the Gray Dragon seem such a strange and ominous presence is their seemingly automatic synchronicity - when Acid signals them to stop, they do so immediately and mechanically, with no hint of anger or indignation. They are motionless as Bach stares at them in confusion, then rolls back into the ring to resume the assault. The sick, "Holy Sh8t" spot of the night belongs to Sammy Bach in the 19th minute of the match, as he lays Acid across a table and climbs to the top of the ladder carrying a chair and stops there at the top of the ladder, peering down at Acid with hate all over his face, as the crowd absolutely explodes. Sammy closes his eyes for a moment, then pulls the chair flush against the back of his thigh and plummets down in a huge leg drop lariat that puts Acid through the fourth table broken that night. Both men are down for an eternity before Bach finally rises to the adoration of the screaming crowd. Staggering and slack-jawed, he nearly collapses across Acid for the cover. 1.... 2.... NO! The crowd groans and Bach screams in inarticulate frustration, yanking Acid to his feet and hooking him for the Bach in Black as the crowd resumes cheering. Bach freezes and drops Acid, and the crowd turns in unison to see [b]Emma Chase[/b] walking down the aisle in a diaphanous white dress, her face immaculate but completely blank, her green eyes huge and unfocused. She walks directly to the ring at an even, unhurried pace, each step exactly as long as the one before it, almost like a bride or a mourner in a procession. Bach says her name and takes a step towards the ring rope, and [b]Acid Sits Up.[/b] What is it about the site of a masked wrestler just SITTING UP that's so damn effective? The crowd screams a warning to Bach, but he's too focused on his reappearing girlfriend to notice. Acid rises up behind him like a wraith, and the black hands snap forward, catch Bach, and belly to back suplex him in a huge heave that sends him straight into the ladder. Bach lands in a sprawl on top of the ladder, and although he's still conscious, in his battered condition, he can't quite get his limbs untangled from the rungs of the ladder, which gives Acid plenty of time to mount the turnbuckle, extend to his full height, cross his arms, drop his head, and drill Bach with the [b]Acid Rain Bomb[/b] for the pin. In terms of the quality and intensity of the wrestling, this is one of the absolute best matches of the Mark Cuban era, made all the sweeter because it had nothing to do with him or what he wanted. This one was all down to me. Unfortunately, nobody in the federation hates me as much as Sammy Bach... even as I make him into a star.[/i] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Rating: B[/B][/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EmmaChase.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] As Acid straightens up, the [b]Cult of the Gray Dragon[/b] finally takes the ring, standing in a triad, staring down at the coughing form of Sammy Bach, who is clutching his ribs and gasping. Through blurry eyes, he sees the lighter colored figure of Emma Chase as she slips into the ring and walks directly towards him. The hand he extends to her shakes with pain, but his face smiles and he again says her name. She steps right past him, without glancing at him. Bach's face contorts with horror and the crowd goes nuts as Emma steps to Acid's side and snakes a slender arm around his neck as she extends an endless leg to lace her thigh against the side of his leg. And in that moment, everyone in the entire arena hates Emma Chase and loves Sammy Bach, if only FOR that moment, because his story is teh story of every guy who has ever gotten lucky and dated/married/scored with a girl who was more than a little outside of his league, and lived in constant paranoia of [i]this very moment[/i], when she passes you over for the other guy and exposes you for what you are and always were: a normal guy who got lucky with an abnormal girl. For most of us, that horror arrives over the phone or in a cafe or in the rain. The archetype is still [b]John Cusack[/b] screaming into the rain as [b]Catherine Zeta Jones[/b] stares down from a high bedroom window with the fading echoes of concern leaving her eyes, wrapped in a sheet with a much hunkier guy in the shadows behind her. But for this to happen in an arena, in front of 10,000 people... Bach barely resists as Acid flicks his wrist again and Ota and Eagle spring forward, cracking Bach's ribs with boot after boot. Bach's body shudders with each impact but his head never drops, staring at Acid and Chase through red-haze and gritted teeth as they walk together up the ramp, never looking back. [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B] [I]Trust me when I say we're just getting started - next up is Part II, which opens with the match I think we've all been waiting for, as [b]Eric Tyler[/b] collides with [b]Eddie Peak[/b]![/I]

A "B" out of Acid-Sammy Bach. You must have been jumping through the roof when you saw that! :D I know what it is like to build up something and put a lot of effort into it just to hope it turns out good , and then it does better than you expected. :) Congrats on that grade as it was well deserved after the buildup. Lets hope Eddie Peak -Tyler does even better. ;)

Well done on getting a B for the Acid- Sammy Bach TLC match, as Dragonmack said you put alot of effort into that feud and it's pleasing to see you came away with a deserving reward in the blow-off match to their feud. For the size of promotion that is DAVE (Cult) I see a B rated match being as good an achievement as say earning an A rated match in a National fed.

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;307837]Well done on getting a B for the Acid- Sammy Bach TLC match, as Dragonmack said you put alot of effort into that feud and it's pleasing to see you came away with a deserving reward in the blow-off match to their feud. For the size of promotion that is DAVE (Cult) I see a B rated match being as good an achievement as say earning an A rated match in a National fed.[/QUOTE] So what would an A rated match represent? A*? Anyhow, it'll take a few days to get part II up - my gf is in town and she's sorta eye-rolling about the whole "video game wrestling" thing.

[QUOTE=Monkeypox;308139]So what would an A rated match represent? A*? Anyhow, it'll take a few days to get part II up - my gf is in town and she's sorta eye-rolling about the whole "video game wrestling" thing.[/QUOTE] More importantly... an A* match would be either... - an A** match - an F- match - a Pi RSquared match... one of the rarest of match ratings ever! And I can't believe you'd pick the g/f n' regular sexxin' over 'video game wrestling' for shame 'pox, for shame!

[CENTER][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="6"]"Sweet, Sweet Fruition, Part II"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [I]No bull****, no small talk. Let's get to the good stuff.[/I] [CENTER][img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Davefs.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EddiePeak.jpg[/IMG] -vs- [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EricTyler.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Century Gothic"][b]#1 EDDIE PEAK -vs- #3 ERIC TYLER[/b][/FONT] [FONT="Arial Black"]LAST MAN STANDING SEMIFINAL MATCH[/FONT][/center] Result: Tyler wins after Peak goes crazy. Unfortunately, it was clear throughout the match that Peak is the better wrestler. But we couldn't leave the title on him forever. [i]Jack's Notes: Tyler comes out to the ring first as the lower ranked competitor. He looks loose in the center of the ring, the harsh lighting making shadows out of the innumerable scars and scratches that cover his entire upper torso, dressed as ever in simple black trunks and black tape wrist guards, with high boots and pronounced ankle braces. He doesn't move as he slouches in the turnbuckle absently rubbing his wrists. Cuban is practically cackling with glee from the announcer's table, sure that he's finally seen the moment of ultimate comeuppance for the upstart Tyler, certain that this night will end with his adversary in traction in a local hospital, broken and gone from wrestling forever. When Peak comes out, he's certainly the vision of that destruction. His eyes and teeth are, as ever, too bright and too prominent. But something's not right. His movements walking down the aisle are erratic, his steps uneven, and his face slicked with sweat even before he hits the ring. The muscles in his neck jerk and he occasionally blinks or sputters or slaps at his face. Deep in the throes of some form of withdrawal, Peak lurches more than walks and Tyler is on him before he's even all the way in the ring. Peak stumbles back, his hands protecting his head, as Tyler lacerates his temples and jaw with a series of hooks, pinning Peak on the rope like a prizefighter, trying to stun him further. Peak mostly takes the punishment for the first few moments, dropping to one knee after taking an elbow to the back of the head, then gives a roar heard in the back of the arena, headbutts Tyler sharply on the bridge of the nose and flattens him with a charging lariat. Peak doesn't follow up, though, hanging against the rope and shaking his head, and Tyler rolls back to his feet and charges again. This sets the tempo for the early part of the match. Tyler pounds away at a dazed Peak who occasionally retaliates with a maneuver of sharp savagery but then fails to follow up on the opportunity this creates, letting Tyler get back into it. Tyler's strategy gradually migrates from straight brawling to a ground-based submission attack. He gets Peak down with a drop toe hold that bangs the big man's face off of the canvas, then dives on the left knee. He spends a lot of time back there with knee drops and half crabs, though Peak gets the crowd going by reaching behind him, grabbing Tyler while he's crouched in a grab, and dragging him off of the knee by his face. When Peak gets back up, his speed is seriously compromised, but he is able to rally when he gets ahold of Tyler, immediately flattening him with a sidewalk slam and a back breaker. Peak takes control of the match and shows his strength, whipping Tyler from post to post and smashing him down on the rebound, at one point catching him in the back of the head with a violent big boot that leaves Tyler nearly unconscious. Peak effortlessly hefts the limp Tyler and sends him back down with a sit-out powerbomb. This being a last-man standing match, Peak walks casually to the ringropes and smiles as the ref starts counting. The ref makes it to 8 before Tyler gets to his feet in response to a screaming crowd. For a second, it looks like Tyler will be able to blindside Peak with a clothesline, but Peak turns early, catches Tyler and plants him with a spinebuster. Tyler might well have stayed down for 10, as unresponsive and battered as he is, but Peak, grinning, pulls him back up, flings him off the rope and drives a reverse elbow directly into the bridge of his nose - [b]and Tyler starts bleeding[/b]. Peak stares at Tyler as he struggles to get to his feet, blood dripping from his nose, and Peak's face immediately changes, twists into something demonic and inhuman. No longer distracted, Peak dives on to Tyler with a brawling attack that has absolutely no respite, driving his fists into Tyler's nose repeatedly until Tyler's face is obscured by the blood. Peak smears a thick gob of the stuff across his own chest, his eyes flashing, and flings Tyler into the corner turnbuckle for a modification of the [b]Widow's Peak[/b]. Tyler offers no resistance as Peak slams his forehead into Tyler's face again and again, his arms totally slack, only standing because his back is up against the turnbuckle. The ref reaches in between the two of them as Peak continues to pound away at Tyler, screaming that if he just lets Tyler drop, he'll win the match. And that's when it happens. Peak, his face obscured and without turning, snakes an arm out, catches the ref around the throat, pivots, hefts the ref and throws him over the top rope. The arena goes totally silent. Turning back, Peak resumes pounding on Tyler. Suddenly, the arena springs back into motion. The bell rings, ending the match. At the same time, [b]Scout[/b] and [b]Guide[/b] shoot down the ramp at top speed, hitting the ring at the same time and pounding on Peak in unison.[/i] [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rating: B-[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Scout.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Guide.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [b]Scout[/b] and [b]Guide[/b] are smart, even when they're panicked, and they attack strategically, instinctively outflanking Peak, Scout wrapping Peak in a sleeperhold from behind as Guide immediately goes to work on his ribcage with a series of short, vicious jabs. Peak takes the punches seemingly without effect, hits Guide with a headbutt that sends him stumbling, and throws Scout over his shoulder with a powerful judo throw. Scout lands on his butt and immediately starts to rise, but Peak kicks him violently in the side of the head from behind. Scout's entire body bends to the side and he slumps under the ropes, his arm dangling under the ropes, motionless. [b]Guide[/b] comes up slowly, feinting a punch and baiting Peak into a running lariat attempt. Guide ducks, hits the opposite ropes and nails Peak flush in the face with a huge elevated dropkick. Peak staggers and Guide comes up charging. Guide stripes Peak with a series of chops and starts to whip him off of the ring ropes. Peak reverses, yanks him back in and flings him all the way across the ring with a belly-to-belly suplex. Guide gets up immediately but Peak is already on him, choking him with both hands, faces inches apart. Guide claws at the fingers around his throat but his face is already purpling beneath the facepaint. [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/ChrisCaufield.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/JohnnyMartin.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The crowd pops again as a new group appears at the top of the ramp, led by Tyler's old rival, [b]Chris Caulfield[/b], standing next to DaVE legend [b]Johnny Martin[/b]. After some consultation, they decide that Peak needs to be stopped and charge the ring together and hit Peak in unison. Peak releases Guide and turns, not even blinking as the fists ricochet against his chest. And it's carnage. Peak has come completely unglued, seemingly oblivious to pain. He overwhelms his attackers almost immediately, dropping Martin to his knees with a kneelift to the stomach, then putting him out with a vicious stomp to the back of his head. Caulfield is backed into the corner and smashed repeatedly with reverse elbows, Peak's peals of insane laughter echoing throughout the shocked arena throughout. [b]Guide[/b] recovers enough to charge Peak again, this time with a chair, and hits him in the back of the head. Peak drops to one knee and Guide cracks him again. The crowd cheers as Guide raises the chair above his head for the finishing blow. As the chair comes down, Peak's hands shoot up and catch it. His face still dripping gore over shiny white teeth, Peak gets to his feet, holding the chair in place as Guide struggles to free it. Peak balances himself, and kicks Guide in the stomach hard enough that both of his feet leave the ground. Guide releases the chair and crumples, holding his ribs. Swinging the chair like a golf cluf, Peak catches Guide in the chin, spinning him over and knocking him out, a ribbon of blood arching through the air from his mouth as he falls. [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/RickLaw.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Peak returns to [b]Caulfield[/b], still slumped in the corner. From the announcer's table, Cuban screams something into a walkie-talkie, and the crowd explodes in a mixtures of cheers and boos as [b]Rick Law[/b] appears alone at the top of the ramp. His baton is out as he rolls into the ring. Peak sees him coming and swings the chair at him, but Law ducks it easily. His baton is a blur as it catches Peak on the outside of each kneecap. Peak bellows, dropping the chair, and starts to clutch his knees as Law slips around him and drives the point of the baton into Peak's kidneys. Peak gasps, his eyes wide, and slumps forward. Law immediately slides the baton across Peak's throat, catches it with either hand, and pulls upward as hard as he can. Peak coughs and chokes, clawing at his throat. Law's face is merciless as Peak continues to thrash and kick beneath him, already growing weaker. Law smiles, shaking his head dismissively. And Peak rears up, grabbing the sides of Law's head, and plummets down with a monstrous jawbreaker. Law staggers, dropping the baton, and Peak grabs him behind. Peak headbutts him twice, leaving spatters of blood on his blue uniform, and drives him into the chair with a [b]Peak of Perfection[/b]. Law clutches his forehead as Peak grabs the chair, lays it across Law's throat, and lays on it, smiling as he drives his full body-weight across Law's larynx. Cuban screams aimlessly for someone to do something, seeing his secret weapon (and investment borrowed from Tommy Cornell) turning purple under the chair. With a sigh and the creaking of innumerable damaged tendons, [b]Nemesis[/b] enters the ring. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rating: C+[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Nemisis-1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Nemesis takes heavy steps across the ring towards Peak and Peak detects the motion in the ropes, turning and raising the chair with a roar. Seeing Nemesis, he checks his swing. The two men stand there, eye to eye, Peak holding the chair absently against his thigh, his face confused against the gore. The ring is something out of a gladiator myth, spackled with blood, full of bodies. Nemesis doesn't smile or frown, just opens his arms. Peak hesitates for a second and his body shudders. He wipes his eyes in a way that is almost childlike, then drops the chair and steps forward, half-smiling, arms open as Nemesis steps into his embrace and [b]drives the tazer directly into his throat.[/b] Peak spasms and yells, sparks visible on the underside of his chin. His fingers shake and his arms point out without direction. A strange, bubbling sound escapes from his throat, loud enough for the people in the good seats to hear, and Eddie Peak finally drops, motionless and smoking, to the floor of the ring. In a swarm, medical personnel descend on the ring, confining Peak in a straightjacket and strapping him to a stretcher. A Hannibal-Lector style restraint is slipped over his face at Cuban's direction. His head turns slightly towards Nemesis as the stretcher is hefted. Nemesis looks away. Peak screams and thrashes as the med-technicians struggle to take him up the ramp, globules of spit and blood escaping grotesquely from the bars of his restraints. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rating: B+ [/COLOR] [center] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/BigCatBrandon_alt.jpg[/IMG] -vs- [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/JackGiedroyc.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Century Gothic"][b]#2 BIG CAT BRANDON -vs- #4 JACK "The Wrath of God" GIEDROYC[/b][/FONT] [FONT="Arial Black"]LAST MAN STANDING SEMIFINAL MATCH[/FONT][/center] Result: Jack Giedroyc d Big Cat Brandon after Big Cat Brandon failed to get up by the ten-count. [i]Jack's Notes: It takes a long time to get everyone out of the ring after the previous match. In the end, Tyler is able to leave under his own power, though it takes both Scout and Guide to help him up the ramp, his face completely disfigured, his nose probably broken. When Giedroyc hits the ramp, it's the pop of the night. Giedroyc's popularity in DaVE is shocking. When I invented the "Wrath of God" gimmick, I had no idea it would lead to this sort of response. "I Am The Wrath Of God" is our most briskly selling T-Shirt, even more than the Great White Shark or Payne's incredible Acid logo. Giedroyc takes it in stride, looking resolutely goofy as usual with his strange, colonial looking pot helmet and odd, leather pants. Brandon comes out to the snarling of Amon Tobin's "Big Furry Head". His physique, as ever, is as impressive as his wrestling ability, and he looks graceful and powerful as he comes to the ring. And here's the shock - these two have incredible chemistry. Once in a lifetime chemistry. Giedroyc and Brandon's feud over the Brass Knuckles Title was recognized by wrestling commentators as one of the best exchanges between relatively young talents in DaVE's recent history. Websites ran articles with titles like "The Future of DaVE", suggesting that a Giedroyc and Brandon feud, if managed well-enough, could take DaVE back to the forefront of the consciousness of the wrestling world. That didn't happen, epic as the feud was. We've waitied as long as we could to put these two back in the ring together as to avoid audience fatigue and take away from the "specialness" of seeing these two collide, but their time had come around again, and they deliver with an absolutely wonderful match. This is one of those "900 near falls" matches, made all the more dramatic by the presence of a ten-count instead of a three-count. Both men are almost counted down after Brandon hits Giedroyc with a [b]Big Cat Pounce[/b] but catches a helmet on the head as he does so. In the end, it's the helmet that dictates the result after a full 27 minutes of insane action, as Jack Giedroyc finally puts the Big Cat down to the screams of the crowd after nailing his third [b]Crashing On[/b] of the night, but his first one while wearing his helmet. Again, weirdness in the ring as it's really BCB who manages to come out looking the best. I don't know if I mentioned this, but Peak definitely came out of his exchange with Tyler looking like the better pure wrestler. This wasn't a surprise - but for BCB to actually outclass Giedroyc in the ring in terms of performance ability is a surprise to everyone in the building astute enough to notice it. I put a big fat question-mark in my notes and go back to screaming my lungs out.[/i] [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rating: B[/COLOR] It takes awhile to set up the Hell in the Cell match, and as the workers scurry around setting up the cage, Cuban and Vaess go on about what a crazy evening it's already been. They discuss the explosion of Peak, his decimation of half of DaVE, and his eventual submission and removal. Cuban laughs. "It might not be so good to be Nemesis when Peak comes back." [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rating: B[/COLOR] When the cell is finally set up, the triumphant music (trumpets, mostly) signals the arrival of the [b]Wrath of God[/b]. Giedroyc looks a little battered as he heads down the ramp in his characteristic (but slightly dented) helmet, but he still gives the crowd his characteristic conquistador wave as he rolls into the ring. Tyler, on the other hand, is a mess. His nose is heavily bandaged and his eyes visibly blackened above the gauze as he half-walks, half-staggers down to the ring and Vaess wonders if there's any way [b]"The Man Who Won't Stay Down"[/b] can survive this match, broken as he is. Giedroyc and Tyler are both asked by the replacement referee if they have any weapons. Tyler shakes his head and Giedroyc, after some argument, hands over his prized helmet. The two men circle wearily, and the bell is just about to ring to start the match when Cuban's music suddenly hits the ramp. [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/MarkCuban-1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The crowd boos as Cuban appears at the top of the ramp. "No... ****ing... WAY!" Cuban screams into his microphone. "There is NO ****ING WAY this is how it ends." Cuban walks to the side of the cage and points accusingly into the ring. "Look at you! Old! Tired! WORTHLESS! You will NEVER be the Unified Champion. Not in my DaVE." Tyler smiles under his bandages, and pointedly spits at his feet. Cuban turns to Giedroyc. "And YOU! Wrath of God? You're retarded! You're a joke, a parody of a wrestler! You're a mongoloid, an idiot! A loser in a helmet! You're wearing a HELMET! YOU WEAR A HELMET ALL OF THE TIME!" Giedroyc points at the sky and shakes his head warningly. Cuban stamps in frustration. "What, Giedroyc, is God gonna strike me down? The only God in DaVE is me, you clown. And God says you lose." Cuban smiles. "It's my world. The two of you are just living in it. As commissioner of DaVE, it is my power and privilege to announce that there will be a [b]third entry in the Title Match.[/b] Ladies and gentlemen, your future DaVE Unified Champion, [b]Rick Law![/b]" [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/RickLaw.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The crowd rains abuse down on Rick Law as he heads down the ramp to the sound of sirens and flashing red and blue lights. He enters the ring, fresh and rested, and the match begins. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rating: C+[/COLOR] [center] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EricTyler.jpg[/IMG] -vs- [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/JackGiedroyc.jpg[/IMG] -vs- [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/RickLaw.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Century Gothic"][b]#3 ERIC TYLER -vs- #4 JACK "The Wrath of God" GIEDROYC -vs- RICK LAW[/b][/FONT] [FONT="Arial Black"]HELL IN A CELL ***UNIFIED TITLE MATCH***[/FONT][/center] Result: Eric Tyler d. Rick Law by pinfall to [b]win the Unified Title[/b]. [i]Jack's Notes: Putting Law in this match was as much strategic as anything else, as both Giedroyc and Tyler are dead on their feet as this one gets started. From the get go, this match has a truly epic feel, as Cuban collides with Tyler, tradition collides with potential, and DaVE collides, almost directly, with TCW. The crowd is completely split on whether Giedroyc or Tyler is the real "face" in this one, and each wrestler has their own very vocal contingent of support, but there isn't a DaVE fan in the place who doesn't start cheering when the match begins with Giedroyc and Tyler immediately doubleteaming and putting the boots to Law. The crowd of "TCW SUCKS" that shakes the arena is enough to bring a tear to my eye. Of course, the alliance can't last and doesn't, as Tyler waits for Giedroyc to put Law down with an inverted atomic drop and slams him face first into the cage to take control of the match. The match swings around, with everyone getting their time to shine. Law brings true star power to the match, and his TCW credentials make him as hateable as anyone I could ever have put forward in the main event. This match is a series of one on one exchanges, usually involving Law, as Giedroyc and Tyler are successively beaten down and given time to rest. Tyler's heel credentials come through with savage attacks on Law, and the moments when the two of them square off are the hottest in the match. It is Tyler who finally splits Law open and drives the crowd completely crazy, hanging Law on the second rope with his head outside and then charging him with a diving shoulderblock. The pin attempts are fast and furious, usually broken up by third party interference rather than kickouts. By the 28th minute, Tyler has broken back open, Law is still bleeding, and all three men are moving at half speed. The last exchange is a sequence between Giedroyc and Law after Law hits the [b]Long Arm of the Law[/b] on Tyler and Giedroyc breaks up a cover attempt that everyone in the arena thought would be the end of it. Law, exhausted, misses a lariat on Giedroyc who slips underneath his arm, sends a sharp elbow into his kidneys, and drops him face first for the [b]Crashing On[/b]. Giedroyc stands and points to the sky in gratitude but poses just a bit too long, and the sneaky Tyler, who had been playing possum, springs to his feet, catches Giedroyc unawares and smashes him with the [b]Weight of Tradition[/b] straight into the sternum of the still-prone Rick Law. Giedroyc rolls off to the side and Tyler makes the cover on Law for the three-count and the title.[/i] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]Rating: A!!![/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [i]BEST RATING EVER! Holy ****! Rick Law justifies what we've been paying him with this one, and new [b]Unified Champion Eric Tyler[/b] opens his reign with the highest rated match of the Mark Cuban era![/i] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"][u]Show Rating: B+[/u][/SIZE][/FONT] [QUOTE][FONT="Arial Black"][U]SHORT FORM[/U][/FONT] Johnny Martin d. Kashmir Singh: D+ Nathan Coleman drew w/ #10 Bulldozer Brandon Smith: C- Teddy Powell d. Black Eagle via DQ: D+ #6 Joey Minnesota d. Alex Braun: C #4 Acid d. Sammy Bach: B #3 Eric Tyler d. #1 Eddie Peak: B- #4 Jack Giedroyc d. #2 Big Cat Brandon: B #3 Eric Tyler d. #4 Jack Giedroyc and Rick Law: A Show Rating: B+[/QUOTE]

Archived