Mark Cuban Does DaVE!

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, it's gotten so bad at DaVE that even the talent would rather play life-sucking roleplaying games on the computer, than actually wrestle. That whole first segment, for what? An ad for Valtrex? An ad for WoW? Or, was it just such a Eisen-esque comment about putting the word "herpes" on a wrestling show? Yep, that was money well spent. Well, at least Guide busted someone, and got (barely) some ring time. I got nothing to say about the tag match. Dud. But, Buldozer is impressing the hell out of me. Yeah, Century had to do the job, since he is on his way out, and probably in the doghouse. Which is still kind of bad. Although I don't like Travis, or his silly gimmick, he was one of the few hardcore wrestlers that DaVE had left. If they were smart, they would singed Century to a short deal, then have him feud with Bulldozer, and then job him out, putting over the new talent. But, still, that match was decent, and I still actually find myself wanting to see where he goes. I don't think he's "pretty-boy" enough for the "new DaVE", but, he actually might have fit in the old one. Well, except for that hair. And that f***ing gimmick. On the title match? That's what happens when you bury Steve Flash. Especially with Adrenaline Rush. Hasn't Flash paid his dues? While not the bloodiest of DaVE's workers, he is still a damn good wrestler, and not deserving of a House Show squash. That final match was actually worthy of DaVE. ANd, even though I hate the Wrath of God gimmick, and love Joey Minnesota, I have to give it a thumbs up. Giedroyc can pull out a hell of a promo, and needs more than that stupid gimmick to work with. And, why am I not surprised that the first bit of the merchandise machine coming out of this fed is for that "golden-child" Acid??? What a crock. On to serious news; reports have come in that someone has been really injured. Hospitalization, and, I have heard, 3 or more months of. While I have Jack Avatar, and Mark Cuban, I cannot condone the injuries to the talent, whether they suck or not. They are human beings, who are doing a job, and, just because they work for a soul-sucking jerk like Cuban, doesn't mean they should have to go through any of this. The injured wrestler has been kept a secret, for now, but, whoever it is, the thoughts and prayers of this online "Siskel and Ebert wrapped into one" go to him and his family.

This just in; rumour has it that Jack Giedroyc was the one injured at the house show last night. From what I have heard, it was a severly broken jaw, stemming from a botched spot. More on this as it comes in!! OOC: Thanks for the feedback on the shirt, Pox. And, let me say this, it's yours. It's for you and your diary and your fed. You can do what you want with it. And, I think I may come up with a few more, because apparently the feedback from everyone has been good.

Quick test for the new shirt [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/Payne666/WrathFront.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/Payne666/Wrathback.jpg[/IMG] If someone could help me resize the image in the forum, I would appreciate that.

[QUOTE=Payne;203491]This just in; rumour has it that Jack Giedroyc was the one injured at the house show last night. From what I have heard, it was a severly broken jaw, stemming from a botched spot. [/QUOTE] [b][i][u]GIEDROYC?[/b][/i][/u] Is that official? DAMN, dude, that'd be a disaster... not just for the Fed but for the diary. He's a major draw! I read his sections twice! And what are the odds that he'd pick up that sort of injury against Joey Minnesota? Minnesota is such a good worker and there are MUCH more dangerous guys walking around DaVE... I was thinking it was either gonna end up being Chris Caulfield or Bulldozer... and as good as Bulldozer is, Giedroyc is better than either! Is this official? I know you've got some sort of an inside track with Mr. M-Pox himself... Oh and Pox, good show, sorry to hear about your bad news but DUDE you're leaving us hanging! Giedroyc was hilarious as usual, dug the "Tank Bradley as RPG Nerd" gimmick, but I think my moment of the night was just your dark match commentary on Shawn Gonzales' invincible overness! That happens to me too and it drives me crazy. DaVE fans have no taste, clearly. Anyhow, keep it up!

You know, the true sign of greatness in diary writing is the fact that even the rumor of a character being injured is generating this much 'heat' by its readers. We truly, genuinely CARE about these characters -- Jack (if in fact it's true) for being injured, the bookers for the wrath they may face with Cuban, etc. I avert my eyes from the glorious splendor that is 'Pox. I am not worthy! :D

Thanks for the feedback, Gozer. But, who is this Mr. M-Pox you speak of? I cannot name my sources, nor is it 100% confirmed that Geidroyc is the one injured. I just tell what I hear. OOC: Goz, just so you know, I made it up. I have no idea who was injured. I am just doing this in character, as a "pissed of 'net smark".

[CENTER][B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="5"]"The Magnificent One"[/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/SteveFlash-1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] After Nemesis gave me the bad news, we called over Johnny Martin and asked him to repeat the story of what had happened, one last time. He had the weary, saddled look of a man who had been asked to deliver the same bad news over and over, but accepted that there was no one else to deliver it - there had been no other witnesses. At the conclusion of their match with Adrenaline Rush, Johnny Martin and Steve Flash had made their way back up the ramp. Steve was slow getting up after Sammy Bach's finishing move and was moving slow up the ramp, but that's standard procedure for a veteran, a way of letting the fans know that the match took something out of you, that it was "hardcore". As the two men rounded the corner into the back hallway, out of sight of the fans, Steve stopped, rubbing his fingers with a strange, faraway look on his face, and complained that his hand was numb. Johnny looked at him and started to remark that his face looked strange... that was the detail he remembered, that half of Steve's face just looked limp and saggy, like he had no musculature at all... but at that moment, Steve gave a strange sound, heavy and sighing, and pitched forward into Johnny's arms. Johnny laid him on the ground and screamed for help. Steve was conscious and trying to talk, trying to get up, trying to say something, but he was weak, his speech jumbled and hard to understand. The emergency medical personnel stretchered him, strapped him down, and immediately called an ambulance. That was all we knew. For the last half hour, the boys had trickled in from the arena, some of them still wearing their ring gear under their jackets, unshowered and worried, while the doctors ran MRIs and catscans. We had been told to wait, and so wait I did, taking a seat next to Nemesis and staring at the floor. After some hesitation, I called Mark Cuban to tell him what had happened, but he didn't answer so I left a message. A little over later, the doctor came out and we stood. He told us that Steve had suffered a moderate stroke brought about by head and neck trauma, probably exacerbated by the countless concussions he'd received over the years. Chris Caulfield: Will he be okay? Doctor: No. Steve has suffered organic damage to his brain and it's effecting his coordination, cognition, and memory. He doesn't know where he is or what's happened to him. He doesn't know his name. We can't yet assess the full extent of the damage, but we can offer a preliminary diagnosis of [b]Long-Term Amnesia[/b]. Shawn Gonzales: How long does something like that last? Doctor: It depends on him. Some cases clear up almost immediately, some cases never fully recover. It will be a long and difficult process. (It was Eric Tyler who finally asked the question everyone is thinking) Eric Tyler: Will he ever wrestle again? (The doctor pauses, considering) Doctor: If this injury had been suffered by a man half the age, I would still say "Probably not". Steve has suffered serious damage to his neck and brain, and that sort of damage is cumulative and often fatal. Another incident like this could easily kill him. If he ever recovers sufficiently to even consider returning to professional wrestling, I will urge him to retire. Men his age shouldn't be wrestling professionally at all, but especially not with a history of serious injury. (From the back of the room, I hear Nemesis and Eric Tyler, in near perfect unison, mutter quietly that the doctor can go **** himself) Shawn Gonzales: Can we see him? Doctor: He's heavily sedated, but yes. You can see him. As a group, we file into Steve's hospital room. His body is a mess of wires and beeping machines, his head is bandaged. He has tubes in his nose. Looking around at the stony, solemn faces, many of whom are well into middle age, I can read the same thought on everyone's mind - "I work for a hardcore fed, I'm getting too old for this. [b][i]This could've been me.[/b][/i] It could've been my family getting the news that my body had finally given out on me." It was all the worse because the worker was the legendary [b]Steve Flash[/b], one of the best, smartest, most consistent workers in professional wrestling, and his injury had been suffered not in a cage match or a ladder match, but a normal, midcard tag match on the federation's B-Show. What could very well be the last match of his career, and no one knew to cheer. It was all so horribly ordinary. For a long time, nobody moved. In the end, it was Nemesis who broke the silence, leaning down next to Flash and whispering something into his ear, then patting him on the shoulder and walking out of the room in silence. One after another, the other workers did the same. Eric Tyler sat next to Flash for a long time. Some of the guys left hastily written cards or ran downstairs and bought flowers. Eddie Peak left a strip of raw bacon, which the nurse quietly removed. Joey Minnesota, who had worked with Flash at NYCW, offered to sit with Steve until his family arrived from New York, his wife and two teenaged daughters. I knew I needed to wait with him, to meet the family, offer condolences and assure them, to the best of my ability, that the federation would not abandon them or Steve in their time of need. I told Joey I'd go pick us up some coffee from the cafeteria. Sammy Bach and Emma Chase caught up with me on the way down. Sammy was practically in tears, his eyes red and puffy, Emma never far from his side. "Jack, I need you to know that I didn't mean to... I mean, I'd never try... I mean, I just didn't..." He trailed off, lip trembling. I put my hand on his shoulder. "Sammy, listen. You didn't do anything wrong. No one blames you and you can't blame yourself. You need to go home and get some sleep. Emma, take care of him." She nodded, wrapping him up and leading him out. I sighed, suddenly left alone in the hospital hallway, and leaned against the wall, gathering my thoughts. I knew there would be no memorial for Steve, no on-screen tribute, no real recognition of the tragedy of the loss, how much it'd hurt the guys. Steve would go out the way he'd come in, a good guy, working in obscurity. Most fans wouldn't even miss him. I bought the coffee and headed back to Steve's room for the long wait for his family, and the worst part of being a booker.

Well, my source was incorrect, and I couldn't be sadder. The wrestler that was injured turned out to be Steve Flash. One of top ten favourites of all time. From what I have heard, Mr. Flash has received a very severe injury, and will be hospitalized for quite some time. It is unknown if he will ever wrestle again. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Legendary Steve Flash, his wife, and 2 daughters. Get well soon.

Just in, the New Steve Flash Women's String Tee [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/Payne666/Flashwoman.jpg[/IMG] All proceeds go to Steve Flash's recovery. Also new to the DaVE shop: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/Payne666/davecoatfront.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/Payne666/davecoatbackdone.jpg[/IMG] The NEW DaVE Staff Jacket!

The latest entry about the roster visiting Steve Flash in the hospital, may have to rank amongst the single greatest diary post's I've read in any diary. Just very classily done , you've really managed to bring to life the personalities behind the scenes, as well as in front of the camera/in the ring in this diary.

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;205113]The latest entry about the roster visiting Steve Flash in the hospital, may have to rank amongst the single greatest diary post's I've read in any diary. Just very classily done , you've really managed to bring to life the personalities behind the scenes, as well as in front of the camera/in the ring in this diary.[/QUOTE] I'll second that. That was an outstanding piece of writing. I hope Flash gets a video segment or something. Most wrestling fans would respect what he went through for the business and a tribute would be fitting. And in real life, if he ever returned, he'd get a heroes welcome. Once again, brilliant writing.

Yeah, I know this is getting redundant, but I need to third this. That Steve Flash bit was one of the best things I've ever seen written on a TEW board. I mean, I sat there reading it and thinking 'God, this is horrible, I feel so bad for his family...' And it's a VIDEOGAME. I mean, I think you've tapped into something really accurate about how people feel about Steve Flash - I've always really liked him, but he's not very important, from a big picture perspective. I like him a lot more than his popularity would merit. And you made him really come alive, all at once, even though you've never really written about him before. that was really good, man. Easily my favorite paragraph: [quote]One after another, the other workers did the same. Eric Tyler sat next to Flash for a long time. Some of the guys left hastily written cards or ran downstairs and bought flowers. Eddie Peak left a strip of raw bacon, which the nurse quietly removed. Joey Minnesota, who had worked with Flash at NYCW, offered to sit with Steve until his family arrived from New York, his wife and two teenaged daughters.[/quote] In just a few lines, I get a real sense of all of these guys, and that middle line about Eddie Peak, which I totally missed the first time, is totally hilarious without detracting from the sadness of the rest of it. You're a good writer, man.

OOC POST: Two quick things... First of all, thanks for all of the support while this diary was pinned/diary of the month. The positive feedback and comments were very inspiring, and I hope that won't stop now that I'm off the top of the list (and check out that MAW diary - it's rocksolid... though if Jehovah doesn't win April I'm walking out). This thing is still going strong, though, so I hope you'll stick around. Second - Right after saying how strong this thing is going, I'm gonna qualify it and say that I'm gone this weekend, so there probably won't be another show up until early next week... just wanted to head off any questions about whether this thing is dead. It isn't. See ya!

[CENTER][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="5"][b]"If You Have To Ask..."[/b][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] After a long night staring at my ceiling and thinking about responsibility and age and how bad things happen to good people, I rolled out of bed, made out with my coffee and cigarettes and drove into the office. It was the first thing in my inbox when I booted up, but Nemesis saw it first, already storming into my office with a crumpled printout in his huge mitt. "Bury this ***hole. I don't care who the **** his [i]father[/i] is, who the **** is HE?" [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/CameronVessey.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] I sighed and looked at the E-Mail. [quote] [b]FROM:[/b] "Cameron Vessey" [b]TO:[/b] "Jack" [b]RE:[/b] Give Me A Damn Break Dude Jack, Dude, what the hell is going on? I signed with DaVE because I thought they were a good place to work, not because I couldn't have signed with like 10 other different feds. I understand that you want to see what I can do but what the hell are you doing giving that [b]Brandon Smith[/b] guy a title shot on his debut while I sit doing crappy dark matches for months and months? I KNOW you ain't forgotten who my father is. I was trained by better wrestlers than anyone at this damned federation, and I guess my question is WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA PUT ME ON TV? I'm sure USPW is still interested in what I can do for them, even if you aren't. Cameron [/quote] Nemesis slammed the paper down on my desk. "Look, Jack, I knew his uncle and his father, and neither of 'em would want us to cop to this sort of whiny ***** teenaged ****. He's gotta PUT IN HIS DAMN TIME, Jack! Why the hell ain't anyone putting in their GODDAMN TIME ANYMORE! PUT IN YOUR DAMN TIME!" "Nemesis, listen, I know you - " "PUT IN YOUR DAMN TIME!" "Yeah, bu -" "TIME! PUT IT IN!" I sat silent, waiting for Nemesis to stop steaming. A few minutes later, he did, motioning to me to proceed. "Allright, listen. Tell him I'll put him on TV in the next week or so, okay?" Nemesis exploded. Not wanting to endure another round of TIME PUTTING, I cut him off. "Don't worry. All he said is that he wanted to be on TV. He didn't specify how or for what. Don't worry. I got this one." Nemesis looked at me uncertainly, but nodded and left the office. This, from [i]dave.com...[/i] [quote] [CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Garamond"]Next week on [FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="DarkRed"]DANGER ZONE TV[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/TeddyPowell.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/SammyBach.jpg[/IMG]-vs-[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/FumihiroOta.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/BlackEagle.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] It's been a long time coming as [b]The Cult of the Gray Dragon[/b] finally gets their shot at the tag titles against [b]Adrenaline Rush[/b]! The Gray Dragon has been virtually unstoppable in recent months, overwhelming their opponents through a combination of brute force and subterfuge! [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/BigCatBrandon_alt.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/BulldozerBrandonSmith.jpg[/IMG]-vs-[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/HellsBouncer.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/TravisCentury.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [b]Big Cat Brandon[/b] continues his pursuit of [b]Unified Champion Eddie Peak[/b] with a match-up against Peak's allies, [b]"The Devil's Right Hand" Travis Century[/b] and young bruiser [b]Hell's Bouncer[/b]... but that's not all! DaVE can confirm that Brandon will be joined by explosive rookie [b]Bulldozer Smith[/b] in this week's contest! [b][u]ALSO THIS WEEK...[/b][/u] [b]Eddie Peak in action![/b] [b]Eric Tyler up to no good![/b] [b]Props for Steve Flash![/b][/quote]

Woo. It's back! I'm looking forward to seeing Eddie Peak in action again. This thread's made me a fan of him. I got a sick feeling he's going to be introduced to the Vessey boy. Maybe Alex Braun will give his two cents in about Steve Flash, since they're both former Rapid Pro boys and challenged eachother for the title there...

Sweet! Good to see you active again. I don't know what to say about Vessey, man. I never hired him. I hired that Bubba Lee dude instead - you ever looked at him? He's gold, though I think he's got personality problems... he'd probably be a better fit for DaVE than Vessey. And maybe you'll finally take the strap off of those chumps Adrenaline Rush, right? Tell me you will? Please? SAMMY and TEDDY. God.

Sweet, the Hell Monkey STD has returned!!! ;) ;) Hope you had a great weekend trip (whatever you did). I'm assuming that Cameron Vessey is an egomaniac...put him in a debut against the "Wrath of God"; that'll teach the young one. Now, if only you can convince Cuban to participate in an inferno match...:D

Superb Diary Hey, Monkeypox. Just wanted to say that this is an awesome diary and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I do have one complaint, however -- NOT ENOUGH POSTS! Get busy, you slacker! ;) By the way, I can't wait to see who Cameron Vessey gets to face (hint: it had better be Eddie Peak). I can just picture Eddie yanking out Vessey's gall bladder and crunching on it like a grape. Vessey: "AAARRRGGGHHH!" Peak (chewing with his mouth open): "Mmmmm, bile -- tasty." Keep up the good work.

Seriously. This would be the best diary on the board if he posted... oh... more than once a month or so. Get with the program, dude! Seriously! WHAT ELSE COULD POSSIBLY BE AS IMPORTANT AS YOUR TEW DIARY! ;)

[CENTER][B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="5"]"Authority Bites, Gets Bitten"[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] I'm not sure how it happened, but Cam Vessey's petulant little tantrum of an E-Mail turned up on the internet. Unless I somehow fell asleep on the send button (and I drink, it happens) and sent it to my Great Aunt Margie or something, this means that one of the other members of the booking team - Emma Chase, Nemesis, Shawn Gonzales or Mark Cuban himself - leaked the E-Mail for their own purposes. I can't imagine Cuban would do something to undermine one of his new hires like that, and I can't imagine Emma even noticing someone that raw and unused, so I'm figuring either Nemesis or Gonzales leaked the E-Mail, and for the same reason: They don't like whiners, and they both believe young guys need to, in the infamous words of ol' "Sausage Fingers" himself, "PUT IN THEIR DAMNED TIME." One leak is harmless, but if this happens again or Mark becomes aware of it, the climate around the booking table could cool off in a hurry. And it's almost impossible to punish whoever did it, given the hilarity of the reaction on DaVE boards. Man, is it gonna be hard to get this guy over now. Even though only the most serious fans have any idea this happened, the word is spreading and the forum is buzzing with people calling for Vessey's head... one guy named [b]Pampero Firpo[/b] made his posting debut by suggesting that Eddie Peak should "eat Vessey's gallbladder like a grape". And of course, there was the usual call for Cuban to end up in an inferno match, preferably against a flamethrower. And I had to smile... Vessey wasn't going to be wrestling Peak and Cuban wasn't gonna be in an inferno match, but both men were in line for serious whuppins, and soon, though not tonight. [CENTER][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]DANGER ZONE TV[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [FONT="Book Antiqua"][size="3"]Week 3, March 2007, live from the Arkansas Coliseum for a sold out crowd of 2,000...[/FONT][/size] [i]More drama in the moments before the start of the show, as someone has put a basket full of armbands with the letter "F" (for Flash), and most of the wrestlers are already wearing them. Cuban hears about this and flips out, telling me and Nemesis to make sure that none of the heels are filmed on TV wearing an armband, since it would be out of character for them to mourn the loss of another worker, even a worker as venerated as Steve Flash. Nemesis, who will be appearing on the show, promises to do his best to enforce the rule. Then, turning off the walkie-talkie he uses to communicate with Mark, he takes an armband from the basket and slides it up his massive bicep as I roll my eyes and silently wonder if maybe NYCW has an opening on their booking team...[/i] [CENTER][B][U][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]DARK MATCH: Rudy Velasquez vs Kashmir Singh[/FONT][/U][/B][/CENTER] Result: Rudy Velasquez d. Kashmir Singh w/a [b]Street Cutter[/b] following interference by [b]Hector Galindo[/b]. [i]Jack's Notes: Kashmir was the stronger man in this one, doing what he can to carry Velasquez to a completely average dark match. Now, I know Singh is capable of better than this, but at this point, all I can really say for Velasquez is that he's the only member of the [b]Latino Kings[/b] who doesn't get boo'd out of the stadium, and there are some good reasons for that - he's quick, he elevates well and he oozes attitude, but there's still nothing that really grabs you about him. Singh, for his part, puts out another solid jobbing, holding the advantage for most of the match until Hector Galindo trips him up from the apron. Boring match.[/i] [COLOR="Sienna"]RATING: D[/COLOR] [CENTER][B][U][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]DARK MATCH: #3 Acid vs American Elemental[/FONT][/U][/B][/CENTER] Result: Acid d. American Elemental w/an [b]Acid Rain Bomb[/b]. [i]Jack's Notes: Another week, another promising rookie takes his debut spin in the ring against one of our strongest workers. After [b]Bulldozer Smith[/b] shocked the world by nearly stealing a match in his debut against [b]Guide[/b], the booking team decided that there's really no point in debuting rookies against mediocre workers - the earlier you know what you really have to work with, the better. AE was a hotly debated hire... Nemesis and Gonzales both characterized American Elemental is too light and finesse-based for a hardcore federation (and I'm sure the DaVE purists will agree), whereas I figured he'd be a good fit with our quicker workers like [b]Adrenaline Rush[/b] or [b]The Cult of the Gray Dragon[/b], and Emma loved him on the mic. The tie was broken when we showed Cuban some of AE's old matches on YouTube... he just sat there, stammering, and finally turned and mumbled, "They didn't photoshop that, did they? He actually hit a moonsault off of a steel cage through a table?" After that, it was easy. No steel cages or tables in this one, but much like with [b]The Bulldozer[/b], it only takes one match for me to decide that I've made a smart hiring decision. American Elemental is flying all over the ring, slipping out of suplexes, sunset flipping over powerbombs, and hitting a ridiculous plancha after backflipping on to the turnbuckle. I've never seen anyone with his sense of timing and body control in the air. He almost takes Acid down after a flying bulldog that leaves the masked man facedown in the center of the ring... but Acid ducks a missile dropkick that creams the ref and hits American Elemental with the [b]Acidbath[/b] steam attack shortly thereafter followed by the [b]Acid Rain Bomb[/b] for the cover. Great debut for the young highflier, and a potential rivalry to work with if American Elemental can build up enough overness to be credible against a guy like Acid. I would've loved to put this match on TV, but with [b]Eric Tyler[/b]'s plotline any televised match would've warranted an interference, and we wanted this match to be more or less clean. Well, clean except for the steam thing.[/i] [COLOR="Sienna"]RATING: C[/COLOR] [CENTER][B]***MAIN SHOW***[/B] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/markcuban.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The show opens with a monologue from Mark Cuban, who announces something that has already become common knowledge on wrestling bulletin boards... Steve Flash was badly injured at last week's [b]Vendetta[/b], and no timetable has been set for his return. Mark is about halfway through talking about what a great wrestler Steve was, how important he was to the federation and the industry, and it sounds like bull**** to me AND the fans, who probably guess correctly that Mark didn't have the first idea who Steve was until I told him about the injury, when Eric Tyler's music hits the speakers, interrupting Cuban. [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EricTyler.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [i]Again, Tyler is drawing a mix of cheers and boos from the audience... still not sure what to do about this.[/i] Tyler: Blah. Blahblahblah. Steve Flash blahblahblah. It's all very sad that Steve Flash broke his neck or what have you, but you and I need to have a little talk, Mark. See, last week I told you that I wanted Acid in a cage, and you said no. Yeah, I found it hard to believe too, but it's true. And we didn't get to finish our talk because that peckerwood Chris Caulfield bailed you out. Well, he ain't here this time. I checked. So let's talk. (Tyler, who has been advancing on the ring, rolls under the ropes and stands nose-to-nose with Cuban, who is backpedaling and frantically looking around for someone to save him...) Tyler: So here's what I was thinking... there's that belt you introduced and then forgot about, right? The six-man thing? The [b]#1 Contendership Title[/b]? Well, that was a dumb idea, like most of your ideas. No surprise there. But I seem to remember that if you win that thing, you can challenge anyone to any kind of match, right? So if I win that thing from [b]Gonzales[/b] and that crowd, I can challenge anybody here, right? (Cuban is nodding frantically) Tyler: Good. Oh... and Mark... (Tyler's hand snakes forward and catches Mark by the back of the shirt... with a quick jerk, he pulls the shirt up over Mark's eyes, effectively blinding him, and spins him around... Cuban flails wildly and Tyler plants a boot square on his butt, sending him spilling out of the ring...) Tyler: Don't ever say no to me again, or my foot and your ass are gonna get a whole hell of a lot better acquainted. [COLOR="Sienna"]ANGLE: Tyler threatens Cuban. RATING: C[/COLOR] [CENTER][B][U][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]The Gray Dragon (Black Eagle and #10 Fumihiro Ota) vs Adrenaline Rush (Teddy Powell and Sammy Bach)[/FONT][/U][/B] [COLOR="DimGray"]DaVE TAG TITLE MATCH[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/BlackEagle.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/FumihiroOta.jpg[/IMG]-vs-[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/SammyBach.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/TeddyPowell.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Result: The Gray Dragon draws with Adrenaline Rush following interference by [b]The Old Dirty Bastards[/b]. [i]Jack's Notes: Gray Dragon finally gets a shot at Adrenaline Rush and looks good doing it, thoroughly outclassing the pretty-boy cruiserweights from the opening bell. Sammy and Teddy continue to underperform, putting in some cutesy doubleteam spots (springboard dropkick, leapfrog splash, etc) but looking a little unprepared for Gray Dragon's diversified offense. Both Black Eagle and Ota look extremely strong in this one, and seem to have the match nearly in hand when the newly minted tag team [b]The Old Dirty Bastards[/b] storm the ring with chairs and do away with everyone except Black Eagle, who slips out of the ring before they can get a clean shot at him and rolls Ota out, leaving [b]The ODB[/b] to put the boots to the pretty boys while the announcers rant about how they've "DESTROYED THE CHAMPIONS" and "DECLARED THEMSELVES A FORCE IN THE TAG DIVISION". Stuff like that. [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/JDMorgan.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/NathanColeman.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [b]The Old Dirty Bastards[/b] are the permanent incarnation of the tag team of [b]JD Morgan[/b] and [b]Nathan Coleman[/b], who have impressed me enough in their throw-away matches to warrant a more regular push. The team has a simple, nasty, bar-brawler gimmick of the sort that has resonated with DaVE fans in the past. Neither man is much to see on the mic... JDM rants in a near-incomprehensible British slang and Coleman confines himself to screaming "It's... the... Old D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DIRTY BASTARDS!" Occasionally and incomprehensibly, JDM will follow this up by yelling "BROOKLYN ZOO!" from the sidelines.[/i] [COLOR="Sienna"]RATING: C-[/COLOR] [CENTER][B][U][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]The School of Tradition (#4 Eric Tyler, Scout and Guide) vs The Wolfpack (#5 Shawn Gonzales, #9 Art Reed and Vin Tanner)[/FONT][/U][/B] [COLOR="DimGray"]ELIMINATION MATCH FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP TITLE[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EricTyler.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Guide.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Scout.jpg[/IMG] -vs- [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/ShawnGonzalez.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/ArtReed.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/VinTanner.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Result: The School of Tradition d. The Wolfpack when Eric Tyler pins Shawn Gonzales to win the [b]#1 Contendership Belt[/b]. [i]Jack's Notes: Well, Eric Tyler was right... we did pretty much forget about the [b]#1 Contendership Title[/b]... not because it doesn't make conceptual sense, but because it's so hard to even put on a good tag match with DaVE's roster that trying to make good 3 vs 3 teams is just about more than I can handle. There's just too much dead weight. The elimination order in this one didn't make things much easier, though it did create drama. Art Reed came on like gangbusters, getting a quick upper-hand on Scout and blind-tagging Gonzales in for the flying leg lariat and the pin. Guide goes down to a blindshot from Vin Tanner's cane a moment later, leaving Eric Tyler in an authentic three on one. The veteran is nothing if not cagey, rolling up a surprised Art Reed almost immediately after a premature attempt at the [b]Dreadlock[/b]. Vin Tanner goes down next, failing to capitalize on a doubleteam and walking into an Impact DDT. Gonzales and Tyler circle like a pair of cage fighters, with Tyler dead on his feet after near fifteen minutes against a rotating trio of opponents and Gonzales seeming just as disinterested as ever. Tyler finally picks up the W with a handful of tights, but this match could've used a little more Guide and a little less Vin Tanner. Also worth noting - in clear contravention of Cuban's orders, Eric Tyler is wearing one of the Steve Flash tribute armbands.[/i] [COLOR="Sienna"]Rating: D+[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EddiePeak.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/Nemisis.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [b]Eddie Peak[/b] and [b]Nemesis[/b] are backstage (both are wearing armbands - there's something of a backstage mutiny afoot, though only a very sharp fan would be likely to catch it), leaning against the lockers and looking extremely dangerous. Eddie Peak strokes his chin and clears his throat. Peak: Nemesis, I am experiencing sadness. Nemesis: Oh? Peak: Yes. I am sad. In my heart. I am sad that Steve Flash is in the hospital. Nemesis: (laughs) Why? Peak: (sighs dreamily) No one thought to ask me, no one said "Eddie, would YOU like to put Steve Flash into the hospital?" They just let Sammy Bach do it. No one thinks of Eddie. No one cares about Eddie's feelings. Nemesis: (still laughing) No, you didn't put him there. Sammy Bach did. Who gets their career ended by a guy named "Sammy", anyhow? [CENTER][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/JohnnyMartin.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] (as both men laugh, the camera pans back and we see DaVE legend [b]Johnny Martin[/b] standing behind Peak, his face twisted with fury. As Peak senses someone behind him, Martin slugs him and the crowd explodes. Peak, off-balance, falls and lands heavily. Nemesis starts to charge Martin but Martin moves quicker, catching the bigger man with a lariat that sends him over a bench. As both men are recovering, Johnny yells in a voice thick with disgust, "I've got you in the main event tonight, Peak. For Steve. I may not be able to beat you, but I can sure as hell beat on you. And Nemesis, stay the hell out of my way." Johnny storms out as Nemesis and Peak recline casually on the floor, looking totally unphased) Peak: (still sitting) I don't want Steve Flash to be lonely in the hospital, all alone with his bedpan. I will send him a present. I will send his partner to the hospital too, and they will speak of happier times and be glad-hearted. Nemesis: (shaking his head) You're one hell of a humanitarian, Eddie. [COLOR="Sienna"]ANGLE: Johnny Martin challenges Eddie Peak. RATING: C+[/COLOR] [CENTER][B][U][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]#2 Big Cat Brandon and "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs Hell's Bouncer and Travis Century[/FONT][/U][/B] [COLOR="DimGray"]HARDCORE MATCH[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/BigCatBrandon_alt.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/BulldozerBrandonSmith.jpg[/IMG]-vs-[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/TravisCentury.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/HellsBouncer.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Result: Big Cat Brandon and "The Bulldozer" d. Menace after Hell's Bouncer gets creamed with the newly minted [b]"Bo Jackson"[/b]. [i]Jack's Notes: Scary to watch The Brandons go to work. This one almost ended early, with Big Cat Brandon whipping Dozer into a huge turnbuckle avalanche that left Century on the cusp of coughing up his innards. Dozer is huge in another match, making Travis Century look a whole lot smaller than he actually does. But if Dozer looked good, Big Cat Brandon looked that much better, nearly taking Hell's Bouncer's head off with a clothesline-from-hell and incapacitating him with a [b]Big Cat Pounce[/b]. The match wasn't really that good - Hell's Bouncer looked tired and Travis Century definitely seems a little demoralized here in the last few weeks of his tenure with DaVE, but the end of the match was something special. As Hell's Bouncer lay sprawled and helpless, Travis Century found himself the recipient of the first ever [b]Bo Jackson[/b] tag finisher... basically, both Brandons charged from opposite corners of the ring... Big Cat Brandon hit his patented [b]Big Cat Pounce[/b] diving spear on the upper-torso of Century while Bulldozer utilized his [b]Three Point Tackle[/b] to slam into Century's midsection from the opposite side. Century was nearly torn in half, and did a full rotation in the air before hitting the ground, completely unconscious. Bulldozer pins while Brandon poses, and both men celebrate while Nemesis and Eddie Peak look on from the top of the ramp at their demolished team-mates. Brandon smiles, clearly enunciating "You're next" at Peak from the ring. Peak smiles back, and offers BCB an incomprehensible thumbs-up, then returns to the back area.[/i] [COLOR="Sienna"]RATING: D+[/COLOR] [CENTER][B][U][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]#1 Eddie Peak vs Johnny Martin[/FONT][/U][/B] [COLOR="DimGray"]FIRST BLOOD MATCH[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/EddiePeak.jpg[/IMG]-vs-[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/monkeypocks/JohnnyMartin.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Result: Eddie Peak d. Johnny Martin when Martin bleeds following a [b]Widow's Peak[/b]. [i]Jack's Notes: Oh man, was the crowd behind Martin on this one. Martin hits the ring first and gets everyone pumped up, using all of his charisma and stature in DaVE to get the audience cheering for Steve Flash. The whole house is on their feet when Peak hits the ring. And the match is good. Martin knows how to play the underdog, and he doesn't give Peak an inch, even though Peak has several inches and quite a few pounds of muscle on him. But man, is Eddie at the top of his game lately. Johnny quickly finds himself the victim of hit after bone-crushing hit, with Peak chaining heavy suplexes together in such quick sequence that Martin is left staggering around the ring, completely punchdrunk, and walks right into the bearhug that symbolizes the beginning of the end... the beginning of the [b]Widow's Peak[/b] headbutt finisher (if you don't know what this is, read back a few shows). Peak draws blood by the fifth headbutt, but stops slamming his face into Martin's when the crowd suddenly starts cheering. Peak drops Martin, fully alert but not able to see through the slick of blood (Martin's) that is covering his eyes. Peak's obsession with blood costs him on this one, as Big Cat Brandon and The Bulldozer emerge from the crowd on opposite sides of the ring, rolling under the ropes and nailing Eddie Peak with the second [b]Bo Jackson[/b] of the night. [b]Nemesis[/b] still fearless, charges the ring and fights both men virtually to a standstill before taking a Big Cat Pounce over the top rope. As the show ends, the Brandons are helping a bloodied but defiant Johnny Martin back to his feet.[/i] [COLOR="Sienna"]Rating: C+[/COLOR] [B][U]SHOW RATING: C[/U][/B] [i]Eddie produces again, carrying a mediocre show to a wild finish that sends the crowd home happy. I couldn't be any more pleased with his performance as champion. The guy is a legitimate superstar... and that's why I have that day circled on the calender in layers and layers of black ink... the day Eddie's written contract runs out and TCW or NOTBPW come knocking. Black Sunday - the day we will probably lose our champion. And it's only a few weeks away.[/i] [QUOTE][B]QUICK RESULTS[/B] [i]Rudy Velasquez d. Kashmir Singh: D #3 Acid d. American Elemental: C Cult of the Gray Dragon draws with Adrenaline Rush: C- The School of Tradition d. The Wolfpack to win the #1 Contendership Title: D+ #2 Big Cat Brandon and "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith d. Menace: D+ #1 Eddie Peak d. Johnny Martin: C+[/i] [b]SHOW RATING: C[/b] [/QUOTE]

Archived