Daredevil Promotion Workers

My custom fed is set thus: [B]Key Feature[/B] Risque, Hardcore, Dardevil [B]Heavy[/B] Cult With this setting I am aiming for a hardcore/high flying fed. I have no problem with Psychopaths or brawlers (apart from Larry Wood who doesn't work well with anyone at the moment). But I don't understand why the crowd hate most of my high fliers. They are: Arther T. Turtle -cruiserweight(over) Brilliant White - spot monkey (despised) Burning EXILE - Super Junior(over) Cannonball Logan - Cruiserweight (despised) Carl Edwards - Cruiserweight (despised) Jed High - Cruiserweight (over) Joey Beauchamp - Cruiserweight (despised) Toby Juan Kenobi - Cruiserweight (over) Ultra Fly - Cruiserweight (despised) I would have thought Brilliant White would have gone over since he is a spot monkey. The fans seem to be picky when it comes to the cruiserweights. Is weather the fans like a worker random, or is there a stat that relates to it? And just for a final punch tot he gut, Ultra Fly and Carl Edwards are two of the only wrokers on the roster that have chemistry - but the fans hate them. I stuck them in a match together and it bombed with an E-. If I stuck them in a storyline would that improve? or is it destined to suck? or is it simply random? I'm really getting into this now and have a second game running with my own fed deleted so I can't cheat with 5 mil in the bank. Bloody hard, innit?

From my understanding of "daredevil" it simply means that people expect to see some crazy stuff, which doesn't necessarily equate to high flying. If I were you, I'd try upping the emphasis on a more "modern" product to see if your fans get into the cruisers more. Derek B

All that Daredevil does is ask for increased "match danger" if you want your flyers to get over, use a high Modern as others have said. As for why your guys are despised. Others have pointed out that there is a "destiny" stat that isn't visible that appears to affect how the audience reacts. A wrestler with a low destiny stat can be hated even if otherwise he perfectly fits your promotion style. I expect the reason your cruisers aren't more over is that they can't do the hardcore at the level your fans want. Not many wrestlers have that combination of skills.

I did a show after tweaking the modern stat and there was an improvment. One of them went over. But poor, poor Carl Edwards got - and I quote - crapped on by the vocal crowd. Also, one of my heavyweights was booed this time so the balance of dicontent remains. The Hammer (can't remember his first name) is slow, so I assume my changing the modern setting has done in his chance of success with my fed. Am I right? When I set up my fed my intention was to have two different divisions. One hardcore, the other high-flying. But I assume that's not possible and what I'm actually asking my workers is to hit each other with barbed wire covered baseball bats while breaking your neck jumping from the top of a cage. Am I right on this?

Someone (can't remember who, sorry) did a reseach on those product styles and the effect it has with worker styles: Modern = Cruiserweight wrestlers, Daredevil is Spot monkeys, Pure = Techinicians etc., and, your brawler gets crap from the crowd because Realism in on low (Realism = Brawlers), i.e Product styles will highlight different wrestler styles above from others, like in your case, you had no Modern at first, so they crapped all over your cruisers. When you put more Modern in to the style, the product/crowd accepts them :) So you should put more Realism, if you wan't to have brawlers.

I think that the crowd reaction has nothing to do with overness. And the product means your show, not match. You know, once again, WWE has many different styles in it's show (entertainment, modern, traditional, hardcore etc), not in matches. So all your product styles that you have chosen should be represented in a show you held. Atleast IMO :) That's the only way it would make any sence. On the other side, it could be that when you raised your Modern, it started to reject the brawler. Different styles are in contrast with each other (Traditional - Modern, Pure - Daredevil). No one knows for sure, so you'll just have to experiment with the Production sliders yourself, and try to find out the best combination of those for your own product :o I know it sounds complitated, but when you learn what thing affect which thing, you'll be just fine :)

I think putting to many things to high may be one problem. If you look at a lot of thf the feds in the cornellverse they only have 1 key feature, I mean Key generally means the one thing it revolves around. If you are looking for a Risky clut like show that can use brawlers and fliers I'd try: Key Feature: Cult Heavy: Daredevil, Modern and Harcore Medium: Realism With Cult you'll get a devoted fan base who expect somethng beyond the norm. With Daredevil, Modern and HArdcore now at Heavy instead of key the fans won't expect the show to revolve around that thing it just means hey expect to se a lot of it. Realism should allow you to show some basic ground and pound brawling aside from your hardcore stuff. As for Risque it always seemed to me to mean half naked women all over the place so unless you are running that I would drop Risque all together or at least put it down to medium or low.

[QUOTE=FINisher;176633]On the other side, it could be that when you raised your Modern, it started to reject the brawler. Different styles are in contrast with each other (Traditional - Modern, Pure - Daredevil). No one knows for sure, so you'll just have to experiment with the Production sliders yourself, and try to find out the best combination of those for your own product :o I know it sounds complitated, but when you learn what thing affect which thing, you'll be just fine :)[/QUOTE] I guess that makes sense or you could just cancel the whole system out by putting every slider on full - which would be nice and simple for me, but not much of a challenge. I tried to match the different worker style to the different products. This list is assuming you have the relevent slider set to Heavy and the rest to none for each exampe. I'm guessing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but when you start mixing together the different products, the results will change. Traditional: The traditional values of (primarily American) wrestling, that being good guys who play fair vs. bad guys who cheat, with an old-school feel. [b]Mainstream:[/b] Entertainer, Regular Wrestler, Cruiserweight, Spot Monkey, Technician [b]Comedy:[/b] Entertainer, Regular Wrestler, Cruiserweight, Spot Monkey, Technician [b]Cult:[/b] Regular Wrestler, Cruiserweight, Spot Monkey, Technician, Brawler, Psychopath [b]Risque:[/b] Regular Wrestler, Cruiserweight, Spot Monkey, Technician, Brawler, Psychopath [b]Modern:[/b] Spot Monkey, Cruiserweight, Luchadore, Super Junior [b]Realism:[/b] Pororesu Style, Brawler [b]Hyper Realism:[/b] MMA [b]Hardcore:[/b] Psychopath, Brawler [b]Lucha Libre:[/b] Luchadore [b]Pure:[/b] Technician [b]DareDevil:[/b] Psychopath's with high stamina Would you agree? Or am I missing the point?

[QUOTE=WrestleManiac;176645]I guess that makes sense or you could just cancel the whole system out by putting every slider on full - which would be nice and simple for me, but not much of a challenge. [/QUOTE] This won't work as some styles are opposed and having all the sliders on full would mean that in every show you'd have all your fans hating segments [QUOTE=WrestleManiac;176645]I tried to match the different worker style to the different products. This list is assuming you have the relevent slider set to Heavy and the rest to none for each exampe. I'm guessing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but when you start mixing together the different products, the results will change.[/quote] I don't agree with all your theories as to who fits where. For instance my experience is that Psychopath really only does well with Hardcore, and Brawlers are mostly Realism.

[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;176641]With Cult you'll get a devoted fan base who expect somethng beyond the norm. With Daredevil, Modern and HArdcore now at Heavy instead of key the fans won't expect the show to revolve around that thing it just means hey expect to se a lot of it. Realism should allow you to show some basic ground and pound brawling aside from your hardcore stuff. As for Risque it always seemed to me to mean half naked women all over the place so unless you are running that I would drop Risque all together or at least put it down to medium or low.[/QUOTE] Risque isn't about half naked women. There is a specific T&A setting for that. Risque seems to be how far you'll push the angles and interviews. Things like The Rock's nearly constant talk about "pie" is a good example of Risque, although not nearly as extreme as it can get.

Well for mainstream, I don't think Spot Monkey would go well with that. And for Risque, I always thought of it as a Women's T&A. But, if you go into the match types, for hardcore matches, it has Content Risk. If you have a death match with Glass, Explosives, and Barbed Wire Boards, the content risk will be at Very High. And although it will unlikely have Women's T&A in it, I guess it could still be counted as Risque. But several types of wrestlers won't fall into that category very well and will mainly be Psychopaths and maybe brawlers. I've had the same problems before with my product. I'm usually going for an Ultra-Violent, Spot Monky product. My match ratio is always at 100% with No Face/Heel divide, so I'm not sure if the fans expect to see any angles or storylines along with the matches. So with that, my product as of late has been: Traditional: None Mainstream: None Comedy: None Cult: Heavy Risque: Low Modern: Heavy Realism: Heavy Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Key Feature Lucha Libre: Low Pure: None Dare Devil: Key Feature I've also been using real world data from my converted 2005 game. So I've been using wrestlers such as: New Jack, Nick Gage, Necro Butcher, Toby Klein, The Winger, Axl Rotten, and Ian Rotten for my Hardcore matches. And wrestlers such as: The Amazing Red, Jack Evans, Matt Cross, Josh Prohibition, Insane Dragon, Deranged, Dixie and Jimmy Rave as apart of my Lightweights and Spot Monkeys. I get RA Messages such as: Some parts of the crowd were turned off because the matches were too intense. Is there anything I would need to change in my product, or could it possibly be a venue choice? I believe so far, the venue that I've used had a Good on Modern and a Huge on Hardcore. And one last thing, can Hardcore wrestlers and Spot Monkeys work together without Pissing Off the audience?

[QUOTE=Travis;176666]Well for mainstream, I don't think Spot Monkey would go well with that. And for Risque, I always thought of it as a Women's T&A. But, if you go into the match types, for hardcore matches, it has Content Risk. If you have a death match with Glass, Explosives, and Barbed Wire Boards, the content risk will be at Very High. And although it will unlikely have Women's T&A in it, I guess it could still be counted as Risque. But several types of wrestlers won't fall into that category very well and will mainly be Psychopaths and maybe brawlers.[/quote] Risque is basically do you "sex' it up in angles and interviews. Again there is a specific setting for T&A (none, low, high). With the death matchs and barbed wire, that is hardcore, not risque. [QUOTE=Travis;176666]I get RA Messages such as: Some parts of the crowd were turned off because the matches were too intense. Is there anything I would need to change in my product, or could it possibly be a venue choice? I believe so far, the venue that I've used had a Good on Modern and a Huge on Hardcore. And one last thing, can Hardcore wrestlers and Spot Monkeys work together without Pissing Off the audience?[/QUOTE] There is a slider control for Match Intensity, and another for Match Danger. If you don't want to change the hardcore setting to increase it you can lower the match intensity here and eventually you should stop getting the message that the matches are too intense. That message is a product of the slider settings and not the venue. As for pairing hardcore with spot monkey, as long as the wrestlers work well together the fans should have no problem if they like the particular styles. In my game the fans have issues with one wrestler because she is a brawler, and a couple others they just hate on general principles, but I've paired a mat technician with a cruiserweight with no technical skills and had no problems.

Hmm. IMO, this is how it works: Different Entertainment styles don't have any sort of wrestler types; All (Mainstream, Cult, Risque and Comedy) are based on the entertainment skills of a worker; thus all entertainers and other wrestlers that have high entertainment skills are present. Traditional: Strong face/heel division. Brawler, Regular and Techinician. Modern: Cruiserweight Super Junior, maybe Spot Monkeys Realism: Puroresu Style, Brawler Hyper Realism: MMA, maybe Puroresu also. Hardcore: Psychopath Lucha Libre: Luchadore Pure: Technician DareDevi: Spot Monkeys. Daredevil has almost nothing to do with psychopaths. And also, different styles have different match intensity and danger levels, which I'm not going to add all of them here. I think they are pretty self-explanatory; Lucha Libre and i.e Traditional have low intensity, whereas Realism, Hyper Realism and Modern have high. And also in Traditional and Lucha, and Pure match danger is very low, almost non-existant, whereas in Hardcore and Daredevil the danger is huge.

To me, this thread is rather amusing. I have the TOTAL opposite problem. Parts of my audience are upset because the match didn't have enough high spots. Other parts are pissed 'cause the match isn't intense enough. Besides messing with the sliders, how can I appease the fans?

The high spots problem is too little Match Danger, the Intensity problem is too little Intensity. If you don't want to "mess with sliders" the fans will have to just get used to it :p Oh, and as for Risque... a bikini contest is not risque. It's T&A. Mohammad Hassan was risque. Beulah and Kimona in ECW was risque (well, T&A too really). HLA was both. "Katie Vick" was risque (as well as awful). The Rock making mild sexual references in promos isn't the most risque thing ever, but is along the right lines. ECW was risque. Attitude was ECW, and therefore also risque. Modern day WWE retains some risque, but has toned it down a lot in general (HLA, Hassan and Katie Vick notwithstanding, but the press got in a pissy over all three of them, so WWE didn't "get away with it", and so can't be called risque because of those. Medium at most). Risque is not pretty girls in bikinis.

So if I put the sliders for Match Intensity and Match Danger at 100%, would the fans expect complete Hardcore with alot of High Flying? I have Modern as a Key Feature, Realism, Hardcore, and Dare Devil all at Heavy. So hopefully that'll work. The matches I have with the Spot Monkeys also have violence in them. Such as Scramble Cage to Light Tube death matches.

If you put both to 100%, they'd probably expect World War Three to break out. And I don't mean the crappy WCW gimmick :shifty: But seriously, that would be insane. Like, mixed martial arts with weapons and people jumping off buildings and all kinds of ****. Backyard wrestling then, pretty much ¬_¬

I actually ran a promotion called Renegades of the Ring with Intensity and Danger set to 100% with Modern, Hardcore, Cult, and Daredevil set as key features. Basically it was garbage wrestling to the extreme, everything D-Lyrium was talking about. It was sex, drugs, and wrestling. Oh yeah, and a lot of scuffles with the law as well. It was brutal. All it took was a single show and nearly half my roster started complaining about fatigue. By the time my three month Total Anarchy tour was over, they were nearly dead. Good times. :D

Archived