What the Hell Monkey?!

In my game as DAVE, Hell Monkey has been getting incredibly over in the regions of my TV show, but even though I run shows nationwide now, he's sort of lagging behind in those areas. He is now "A" popularity in Mid Atlantic, New England, South East, and Tri State but "D" or below in the other regions. Should I book him as a midcarder or a main eventer and hope he catches up?

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;176550]In my game as DAVE, Hell Monkey has been getting incredibly over in the regions of my TV show, but even though I run shows nationwide now, he's sort of lagging behind in those areas. He is now "A" popularity in Mid Atlantic, New England, South East, and Tri State but "D" or below in the other regions. Should I book him as a midcarder or a main eventer and hope he catches up?[/QUOTE] The problem to me seems like your saying he's not getting as over in area's where your TV show isn't being shown. Which makes since when you consider that say the people in the South West see him one every two months or so and the people in the Tri State see him every week. Running a weekly pay per view would help him gain overness in those other parts of the nation.

[QUOTE=djlightning;176603]The problem to me seems like your saying he's not getting as over in area's where your TV show isn't being shown. Which makes since when you consider that say the people in the South West see him one every two months or so and the people in the Tri State see him every week. Running a weekly pay per view would help him gain overness in those other parts of the nation.[/QUOTE] I thought that as well, but it just sounded too simple, and so I tried to dig deeper :o

Well, obviously the decision is yours. I personally would give him a Main Event / upper midcarder spot if he's producing great matches (which I imagine he probably is). If he's your #1 in-ring worker, treat him as such, and let him 'get over' over time. Case in point, for my very financially poor indy fed, according to the 'automatic push' button, Mad Dog Mortimer & Leo Davis shoud be main eventers, but their in-ring work sucks. Meanwhile, Kashmir Singh and Rafael Ruiz are my strongest workers, but are automatically pushed as an upper midcarder & midcarder. So I traded their pushes. The 'automatic push' button is not always the best option, IMO. But that's just my personal booking style.

He's a main eventer. You're based in the tri-state, and he's over there. I'm assuming you run the majority of your shows in the tri-state area and surrounding regions, so he's a main eventer. He's just a main eventer that doesn't get much of a reaction in some places. That happens to some people. More importantly, if you WANT him to be a main eventer, then that's what he is :p. You could push an un-over lump as a main eventer if you wanted to. *coughrandyortoncough*. It might annoy other workers who think they deserve the slot more, but hey.. that's life. It's not going to have a detrimental affect on his popularity if that's what you're worried about.

It's mainly my shows that concern me, actually. I'm trying desperately to get DAVE to national before Eddie Peak, Big Cat Brandon, and Jack Giedroyc's contracts expire in a few months. Hell Monkey was getting B-'s for me in the opener, a great way to start a show. However, even in the regions where he is now 96% over, I'm not seeing a significant bump in the match ratings. He gets right in the B- to B range still. Another concern is that he wrestles about 5 days a week thanks to F'ing WLW and Burning Hammer's ridiculous tours. His condition is at B- and dropping. I guess I'll just stick him in the upper midcard and have him work some low risk matches with Art Reed for a while.

Archived