Strategies for using 4C?

Hi all, I just started getting into TEW07 today, and being a Canadian myself, I picked the small-scale 4C to try and take to the top in a quick test game. However, I quickly realized I must be doing something wrong, because two shows in, I had lost $18,000 and two of my top stars, with my events only selling 20-40 tickets due to picking "Tiniest" venue as per recommended. Does anyone have any advice on how to turn my luck around or to make 4C into a profitable venture? This was only during a test run, I was hoping to start an actual game to use for a dynasty here but i need some advice to make it work enough to last. :)

Well, I've had good success in canning all my stars and signing US workers that have no Canadian popularity, so sign for cheap. I tried that in the demo, and well, doesn't work. :( I have yet to try them again, playing as CZCW, and as DAVE for the moment being, but 4C will always be my bread and butter.

with a small fed, best thing to do is to only run one show a month, usually only an hour long , and try to limit your workers you use, i.e don't use the whole roster on one show. ALso if you have any wrestlers making a lot of money, but don't give good matches or aren't main eventers, let them go and hire cheaper talent. Try to build around 2-3 of your best stars match wise as higher rated shows will help you grow faster. You will probably still lose money on each show, but it won't be as much and will give you time to grow the company with the sponser money each month. You probably won't really start making money till you hit e+ or higher popularity in your area and get close to regional.

You can check my 4C diary I'm doing fairly well between D+ and C- for most of my shows. My one rule of thumb is hire Steve Flash he's expensive but he's got Canadian overness and great skill. This time around I stuck with the starting roster only hiring guys when I needed to fill spots. When I was playing 4C in 2005 I fired everyone who wasn't a Canadian worker and made 4C true Canadian wrestling. Here are some tips do advanced booking because I'm getting audiences of 200+ people and the wrestling industry in my game is at F+ and falling. SO it's gotta be because people want ot come see my shows. I use all my workers every show and Steve Flash costs me 1,300 and I'm still only losing a little over 5,000 a show. Again take alook at my diary just to see how I'm doing it so far.

I'd like to thank all of you for your replies and insight. I debated switching to only using 1 hour shows for my monthly event, as it would allow me to showcase the talent I want to build the company around. I think that was my problem, trying to find ways to fit all 16 workers on my roster into a 2 hour show, and combined with monthly expenses, worker fares and venue cost, I was losing 7K+ each show. Working with a 1 hour show would allow more match times based on what fans want to see (as opposed to drawing out matches to fill a 2hr time slot) and a smaller number of workers per show, which would be easier on the bank account. :D Apupunchau, I've been following your diary, it's among my top two favorites along with the re-newed NWA one. I was hesitant to start a 4C one because I thought yours was so good, but I think I can pull it off while seeming different, partly due to not knowing how to upload worker pics. :rolleyes: While everything I've mentioned has been from a test game, I'm hoping my actual game I start tomorrow will have better luck, without losing names like Joey Poison, Darryl Devine and Jacob Jett (although apparently losing Jett is inevitable). I also couldn't sign Dog Fyte, due to a owner goal stating I couldn't sign workers known for steroid usage. :D

Archived