"Montreal Aftermath"

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=D16NJD16;177699]WWF was relatively popular in Europe, WCW however was not, so whatever needs to be done to prevent them running shows there, go ahead and do it.[/QUOTE] WCW was more popular in Japan then europe as they ran shows with some japan promotions.

[QUOTE=bobinc;177205]I put it up on [URL="http://www.bobinc.net"]my site[/URL] and he was not the first I think my GGW mod which was released last week was first :p Which is also avalible on the site :D[/QUOTE] Well congrats to you too Bob! :) BTW, you maintain a pretty good TEW Download site. Thanks for providing a much needed service to the TEW community.

Main page has been updated Tammy Sytch & Sgt Slaughter to WWE etc. other minor tweaks. Also I realised after a bit more experimenting most of the top US talent had their basic skill too low, one statistic I neglected on conversion :o I tweaked it alot and it runs alot better now. Thanks for the feedback and errors keep em coming. There is nothing really to do, to stop WCW faling to cult within 2-4 years. I think it's due to their main events sucking most the time no matter how good the undercard, which folllows reality I suppose. Also for some reason even though WWE has A prestige and WCW A* workers still jump to WWF from WCW and rarely is it vice-versa......backstage atmosphere must really bite there :D

Shane Douglas took over JAPW in my game as well. I've ran it up to April; so far nothing out of the ordinary has happened, but I did notice that a lot of future WWE talent headed to NJPW- Kurt Angle, Edge, and Batista wound up there. Some ECW talent like the Dudleys went there too. ECW signed up one of the Goodwins to replace them..hilarious in a weird way. WCW hasn't lost any of their title holders, except for the Cruiserweight title, which Juventud Gurrera won..are you sure that's accurate for WCW? :p Also, Jillian Hall's entrance date was listed at 1988..I think you ment 1998, right? But yeah, so far I like this mod..i'll be playing it more :)

[QUOTE=CarlitoCoool;177955]Main page has been updated Tammy Sytch & Sgt Slaughter to WWE etc. other minor tweaks. Also I realised after a bit more experimenting most of the top US talent had their basic skill too low, one statistic I neglected on conversion :o I tweaked it alot and it runs alot better now. Thanks for the feedback and errors keep em coming. There is nothing really to do, to stop WCW faling to cult within 2-4 years. I think it's due to their main events sucking most the time no matter how good the undercard, which folllows reality I suppose. Also for some reason even though WWE has A prestige and WCW A* workers still jump to WWF from WCW and rarely is it vice-versa......backstage atmosphere must really bite there :D[/QUOTE] There are things that can be done. You can give those in charge better booking reputation, and up the main eventers popularity some more.

I don't want to be a nit picker because I appreciate the effort the mod-makers here make for our benefit but one thing has come to my attention. I noticed that a good few workers are too old for 1997, with this mod Christopher Daniels would be in his mid-forties today. It seems a fair few are a decade too old. EDIT: Looking at DOB's it doesn't appear to be the mod at fault. For example Raven is set as DOB 1962 maknig him 35 in 1997 and yet his age is shown as 44. Little help?

[QUOTE=flamebrain;178054]I don't want to be a nit picker because I appreciate the effort the mod-makers here make for our benefit but one thing has come to my attention. I noticed that a good few workers are too old for 1997, with this mod Christopher Daniels would be in his mid-forties today. It seems a fair few are a decade too old. EDIT: Looking at DOB's it doesn't appear to be the mod at fault. For example Raven is set as DOB 1962 maknig him 35 in 1997 and yet his age is shown as 44. Little help?[/QUOTE] It's not nitpicking at all~! Most mod makers like having errors pointed out so they can be corrected, and even if they don't, it's helpful for other players if they want to correct things themself. Raven was born in September 1964, not 1962. Christopher Daniels was born in December 1971.

Sorry what I mean is, the DOBs aren't the main problem. All the workers seem to be 9 years older than their DOB would make them, and the game year is correctly set to 1997. My user character is also 9 years older than he should be :confused: When I started the mod it said something about my version still being trial, would this account for the age problem?

[QUOTE=flamebrain;178066]Sorry what I mean is, the DOBs aren't the main problem. All the workers seem to be 9 years older than their DOB would make them, and the game year is correctly set to 1997. My user character is also 9 years older than he should be :confused: When I started the mod it said something about my version still being trial, would this account for the age problem?[/QUOTE] ehhh no, mine is the same way and I have 1.2 installed. This goes back to the original arguement in the thread. Is this mod innaccurate? Yes.

[QUOTE=kevel33;178072]ehhh no, mine is the same way and I have 1.2 installed. This goes back to the original arguement in the thread. Is this mod innaccurate? Yes.[/QUOTE] If the database is innaccurate it is only by 2 years in the case of Raven' DOB 1962 versus 1964. Why then is he 9 years too old? Why is my user character, for whom I have assigned a DOB, also 9 years too old. Its not the database thats at the root of the problem or, if it is, its not because the DOB's are incorrect. Internally, the DOB's, game start year and ages are conflicting.

[QUOTE=kevel33;178072]ehhh no, mine is the same way and I have 1.2 installed. This goes back to the original arguement in the thread. Is this mod innaccurate? Yes.[/QUOTE] Or you could try reading his complaint. The dates are fine and dandy, but for some reason the ages are nine years advanced. If I had to guess, I'd say the trial may only allow you to play in January 2007, much like trial versions of previous TEW games have had the date locked in. But don't let me get in the way of your crusade against TEW modders who, I dunno, kicked your dog or pissed in your Cheerios or whatever it is that your problem might be.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;178092]Or you could try reading his complaint. The dates are fine and dandy, but for some reason the ages are nine years advanced. If I had to guess, I'd say the trial may only allow you to play in January 2007, much like trial versions of previous TEW games have had the date locked in. But don't let me get in the way of your crusade against TEW modders who, I dunno, kicked your dog or pissed in your Cheerios or whatever it is that your problem might be.[/QUOTE] I had a problem with the trial and my mod, set in 1950. It wouldn't let me play the game in 2007, because everyone was too old.

[QUOTE=flamebrain;178054]EDIT: Looking at DOB's it doesn't appear to be the mod at fault. For example Raven is set as DOB 1962 maknig him 35 in 1997 and yet his age is shown as 44. Little help?[/QUOTE] Oddly the game doesn't seem to care what year the game itself is set in, it only cares about what year your COMPUTER is in. I.E. if the game's date is 1950, the game will still believe it to be 2007. Why? That's a question for Adam Ryland, not the modders.

[B][I][U]IF[/U][/I][/B] you are still using the "FREE" Trial when you try to start a mod that is set to a different date, it CLEARLY tells you (I can't remember the exact wording it uses) that it is setting it to current time. Spending the 34.95$ on the real game itself should solve your problem. Now, if you are still having that problem and own the real game, I have no clue. Cause I'm not having these problems that you guys are talking about with ages being wrong. Matter of a fact I had to redo the DOB on my User Character, cause he was based on me and in 1997 I was only 15 ;x As for anything that isn't 100% accurate within the mod...so what! I'm sorry but not even the greatest mod makers in the world, will have data that is 100%, because there is no where out there that tell you Raven is set at 100% brawling or such. The only things you can truely have accurate, are wrestler's real names, DOB, hometowns. Everything else is pretty much judged on the mod makers opinion.

Hey, I spent my cash. I haven't modded my retail one yet, so I didn't know if it caught up that way or not. All I know is that is one sweet funky dope maneuver... sorry, playing SSX Tricky as of late... all I know is that when I modded the trial that's what happened. Glad to know that's not the problem with the retail one. I'm waiting on T-Zone.

[QUOTE=RikRaines;178112][B][I][U]IF[/U][/I][/B] you are still using the "FREE" Trial when you try to start a mod that is set to a different date, it CLEARLY tells you (I can't remember the exact wording it uses) that it is setting it to current time. Spending the 34.95$ on the real game itself should solve your problem. Now, if you are still having that problem and own the real game, I have no clue. Cause I'm not having these problems that you guys are talking about with ages being wrong. Matter of a fact I had to redo the DOB on my User Character, cause he was based on me and in 1997 I was only 15 ;x As for anything that isn't 100% accurate within the mod...so what! I'm sorry but not even the greatest mod makers in the world, will have data that is 100%, because there is no where out there that tell you Raven is set at 100% brawling or such. The only things you can truely have accurate, are wrestler's real names, DOB, hometowns. Everything else is pretty much judged on the mod makers opinion.[/QUOTE] Got the same answer off Adam but thanks all the same :) I am using the demo and a message did come up, as I said, but I clicked to quickly. Its only CLEAR to those that read do it though so that is my own fault :o . I hope you don't lump me in with those that complaining about accuracy though. As I said I don't want to be one of the nitpickers. I just thought I found an error, corrected myself when I realised it wasn't and then asked for help. Although that seemed to escape a few judging from replies... I'll be getting the full game soon (not soon enuogh lol), just don't have the bread for it at the moment so I figured I'd try out any mods using the demo just now so that when I can pony up the duogh I'll be able to dive straight into a long term game :)

[QUOTE=flamebrain;178066]Sorry what I mean is, the DOBs aren't the main problem. All the workers seem to be 9 years older than their DOB would make them, and the game year is correctly set to 1997. My user character is also 9 years older than he should be :confused: When I started the mod it said something about my version still being trial, would this account for the age problem?[/QUOTE] I know with the 05 trial you could not change the date from what is was set.

[QUOTE=flamebrain;178119]Got the same answer off Adam but thanks all the same :) I am using the demo and a message did come up, as I said, but I clicked to quickly. Its only CLEAR to those that read do it though so that is my own fault :o . I hope you don't lump me in with those that complaining about accuracy though. As I said I don't want to be one of the nitpickers. I just thought I found an error, corrected myself when I realised it wasn't and then asked for help. Although that seemed to escape a few judging from replies... [/QUOTE] Thanks flamebrain considering your screename you are quite helpful :)

Archived