"Montreal Aftermath"

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;179963]Finally got aroun to downloading this. If you do nothing else I suggest, at least fix Shawn Michaels physical condition. He did not injure his back until the 1998 royal rumble and should not have his back as reduced as you have it, if at all.[/QUOTE] Thanks, I though it was a match he had with Taker mid-97. I appreciate the feedback D16.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=CarlitoCoool;179968]Thanks, I though it was a match he had with Taker mid-97. I appreciate the feedback D16.[/QUOTE] Sure. Yeah it was Rumble 98, and it's what ended his career. He was running on fumes and pain killer drugs for the next two months until Wrestlemania against Austin.

[QUOTE=eric_m_keeley;179972]What happened to HBK anyways?[/QUOTE] He walked awayjust before wrestling exploded into another Universe, it's always made me wonder if it was a part work on his behalf..... The guy is on top for years, finally gets rid of his arch-nemesis Bret. Then Austin/Rock explode and bye bye top spot. He walks away claiming he's half cripple. Then 4 years later, once Rock, Hogan, Austin etc have all left he steps back in the ring moving and bumping like a 19 year old Jack Evans :confused: I just wonder is all :p

[QUOTE=CarlitoCoool;179974]He walked awayjust before wrestling exploded into another Universe, it's always made me wonder if it was a part work on his behalf..... The guy is on top for years, finally gets rid of his arch-nemesis Bret. Then Austin/Rock explode and bye bye top spot. He walks away claiming he's half cripple. Then 4 years later, once Rock, Hogan, Austin etc have all left he steps back in the ring moving and bumping like a 19 year old Jack Evans :confused: I just wonder is all :p[/QUOTE] I am taking nothing way from HBK. But if your theory holds water, with one of his bestfriends Triple H on top of the wrestling world it would be the perfect time for a comeback. IF (capital IF) he had feined n injury.

[QUOTE=eric_m_keeley;179977]I am taking nothing way from HBK. But if your theory holds water, with one of his bestfriends Triple H on top of the wrestling world it would be the perfect time for a comeback. IF (capital IF) he had feined n injury.[/QUOTE] It was a perfect plan :D Plus he did McMahon's dirty work (Taker sure wouldn't have) and was gone 4 months later. Apparently he wasn't very popular backstage at the time either and if there's anyone who can sell a 4 year injury it's HBK!

Shawn Michaels was still at the absoulute top of his game before his injury, I wouldn't even bother lowering his back condition, honestly. And on the other thing, WWE Confidential aired photos of Shawn's vertabre after it crashed against the Casket when they did a piece on Shawn's return around 2002, and I'm no doctor but it looked brutal. If it was one of those "off screen" injuries he pulled once or twice, maybe I'd buy that conspiracy thing. But I saw the thing. And anyway, Shawn was way to selfish to just leave and drop out of wrestling when he was having his hottest run, reinvigorated as a great heel, with wrestling in a boom period.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;179985]Shawn Michaels was still at the absoulute top of his game before his injury, I wouldn't even bother lowering his back condition, honestly. And on the other thing, [B]WWE Confidential aired photos of Shawn's vertabre after it crashed against the Casket when they did a piece on Shawn's return around 2002, and I'm no doctor but it looked brutal.[/B] If it was one of those "off screen" injuries he pulled once or twice, maybe I'd buy that conspiracy thing. But I saw the thing. And anyway, Shawn was way to selfish to just leave and drop out of wrestling when he was having his hottest run, reinvigorated as a great heel, with wrestling in a boom period.[/QUOTE] Photoshopped

K well I have to lower it a little just so it falls in line with the common physical condition. Wear and tear has to account for something doesn't it? I didn't believe that theory it's just an interesting one :) I actually thought what you said D16, why would he walk away from his biggest paycheck ever?

Hey I don't mean to sound like I'm nitpicking, but I noticed you included Ohio Valley Wrestling in this dataset. However, my only problem is that OVW didn't debut until sometime in third quater of 1999. This isn't a problem for me, as I just removed it and added it to the New Promotions, but I just thought I'd let you know, incase you wanted to change it. Other than that, I ain't come across any other problems, and I'm enjoying playing the mod. Thanks a lot.

[QUOTE=RayW;180185]Hey I don't mean to sound like I'm nitpicking, but I noticed you included Ohio Valley Wrestling in this dataset. However, my only problem is that OVW didn't debut until sometime in third quater of 1999. This isn't a problem for me, as I just removed it and added it to the New Promotions, but I just thought I'd let you know, incase you wanted to change it. Other than that, I ain't come across any other problems, and I'm enjoying playing the mod. Thanks a lot.[/QUOTE] I dont know when it started, but I know their title linage goes back to August 17, 1997 (according to wikipedia).

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli;180188]I dont know when it started, but I know their title linage goes back to August 17, 1997 (according to wikipedia).[/QUOTE] Well if that's when wikipedia says it started it's wrong, which isn't really a suprise. It started in sometime during 1998, and became associated with WWF years later. The reason their title lineage would possibly go back further is because they were loosely associated with the NWA, i think their promotion name was even "NWA Ohio Valley Wrestling", so thats why that is.

Hello. I wanted to say that I'm excited about this mod, especially since this was my favorite period in the business. Anyhow, I noticed that there were a few errors in the title lineages, and I wanted to volunteer to correct then and also add the dates that are missing (i.e. WWF IC Title) and add in a couple of defunct promotion titles (AWA, USWA, etc). I was going to do this anyway on my own, but would anyone be interested in me posting the work once I'm done? Let me know. E-mail is [email]aznblusuazn@aol.com[/email]. Thanks.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;180229]Well if that's when wikipedia says it started it's wrong, which isn't really a suprise. It started in sometime during 1998, and became associated with WWF years later. The reason their title lineage would possibly go back further is because they were loosely associated with the NWA, i think their promotion name was even "NWA Ohio Valley Wrestling", so thats why that is.[/QUOTE] Okay, it seems I am wrong. After looking it up some more, it appears that OVW were a stand alone promotion from 1997-98, then they joined the NWA using the name [B]NWA Ohio Valley Championship Wrestling[/B] from 1998-2001, when they became affiliated with the WWE as 'Ohio Valley Wresting'. I'm sorry for the confusion, it's my own fault.

[QUOTE=aznblusuazn;180290]Hello. I wanted to say that I'm excited about this mod, especially since this was my favorite period in the business. Anyhow, I noticed that there were a few errors in the title lineages, and I wanted to volunteer to correct then and also add the dates that are missing (i.e. WWF IC Title) and add in a couple of defunct promotion titles (AWA, USWA, etc). I was going to do this anyway on my own, but would anyone be interested in me posting the work once I'm done? Let me know. E-mail is [email]aznblusuazn@aol.com[/email]. Thanks.[/QUOTE] That would be awesome thanks. Let me know when you're done and I'll add it to the data. I would say just upload it but it won't be the updated version by the time you finish.

[QUOTE=RayW;180291]Okay, it seems I am wrong. After looking it up some more, it appears that OVW were a stand alone promotion from 1997-98, then they joined the NWA using the name [B]NWA Ohio Valley Championship Wrestling[/B] from 1998-2001, when they became affiliated with the WWE as 'Ohio Valley Wresting'. I'm sorry for the confusion, it's my own fault.[/QUOTE] Okay so I'll leave em in but I'll change their relationship with WWF.

[QUOTE=CarlitoCoool;180495]Okay so I'll leave em in but I'll change their relationship with WWF.[/QUOTE] Yeah, that'd probably be best for realisim. Have you gave any thought on adding any more promotions to the 'New Promotions' part of the data?

[QUOTE=RayW;180603]Yeah, that'd probably be best for realisim. Have you gave any thought on adding any more promotions to the 'New Promotions' part of the data?[/QUOTE] Any suggestions I'll add, the mod is on the small side but it was something that played alright after some major tweaks after conversion and I knew everyone was biting to get a real world mod so I released it.

Another constructive suggestion, if I may, found playing as ECW in v1.4 There are separate gimmicks for Full Blooded Italians and F.B.I. with different criteria. I suspect there can (shouild) only be one. Still think the mod would be better with no feds in the UK (for reasons stated in my previous post). Having started a test game as your token NWA-UK, there don't seem to be enough eligible workers who can work in the UK to fill the roster requirements! Have to admit that in my EWA game I hired the teenage Alex Shane (well, seeing as he's there :) ). Even though he's totally unknown in the US, the crowd love him! Also can't resist mentioning one of my blocks. Paul Hayman has had a fit of morality and baned the signing or re-signing of workers with known drug habits. In ECW. In 1997. RVD's contract is up for renewal in three months :eek:

I know this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know how to run a good ECW show without getting any heat from the crowd. I always run hardcore matches with every match, but it says that there wasn't enough hardcore in the show.

Archived