Wait, I just proved my own theory wrong by successfully re-signing a guy on a Short Term deal ¬_¬ Maybe they only refuse to re-sign if they have other employment at the time. I mean, it'd be a bit idiotic to refuse work if you didn't have anything else lined up, regardless of how much of a freelancer you intended to be. So yeah, that's my new theory. Short Term workers won't re-sign if they've got work elsewhere.

Although I haven't checked it for myself, isn't a short term deal designed to be used best with promotions on a touring schedule or for people who you don't want to sign to a 9 month PPA deal (like my jobbers) but rather only a few dates. Freelancers, such as Eisaku Hoshino and Burning EXILE, will only work limited tours usually rather than tie themselves down to a long term deal as freelancers do in real life. You'd hardly be considered a freelancer if you spent your entire time in one place now, would you? :) So short terms deals are for jobbers OR touring workers OR special appearances (though thats more a limited dates thing). A 3 month PPA deal is a short term contract that for testing people out OR for jobbers. At least, thats my thinking, however badly I've explained it. Derek B

I had an issue with playing w/ the T-Zone 05 data. I was trying to get Chris Jericho to re-sign a long-term deal with me, but he refused. He also refused to go on pay-per apperance, but was willing to work a short-term extention. He was in the middle of a HUGE storyline and I wasn't willing to let him go just yet. He signed the 3 month deal and that was it. Afterwards I tried to get him to negotiate, but he decided it was time for him to move on.

Archived