In my ROF game I'm trying to turn a profit which is proving difficult. I'm running monthly shows, but after studying our financial results I need to do something drastic. ROF are bringing in an average (based on a 3 month report) of $3593, which is purely ticket sales and sponsors. Merch has dropped from $780 in the first month to just $15!! My expenditure, over the same period, and minus worker fees comes to $3245. That leaves me with $362 with which to pay the workers and break even. The only thing I can think of to remedy this is hire 1 worker in a 1/2 hour show and I know that's not going to work. Is it the little promotions destiny to lose money until they manage to reach a larger audiance? I imagine that if I could somehow find enough workers to work for under $362 for the lot of them that they would be absolute crap and would drag ROF's reputation through the mud. Anybody have any good stratagies.

Finance things are very much related to Economy and Wrestling Industry levels of each game area; Even Cult promotions seem to go bankrupt when both of those scales are long in F- between E+.. So you should keep eye on that. If i.e Economy is high, you can raise your ticket prices about 3-5 dollars. Also in Merchandise section, choose "Just in time", it's certainly the best option. Don't touch other things, as you don't afford them (like better production values etc) When I start playing MAW, I just keep a weekly 1-hour event with as less staff as possible. I've never booked RoF much, so I really don't know the workers there. ROF is pure, right? it's very easy to get good ratings if you have workers that have low overness but are high skilled :) Altough 21CW seem to got all the best from ROF. Someone else could tell about their experiment with ROF, if they could help you more than I can.

E+ and falling... I assume that's it. So my tactic should be penny-pinching, then? Something that just occured to me... do the different match types cost money? I've been running my shows with nothing but 1 v 1 Shoot Fights and my show cost has been constantly $1700. Could that be an unnesersary expense?

[QUOTE=WrestleManiac;177396]Economy is C- and falling. Even though it's falling it's still high do you think I should raise my ticket prices. My merch is already on "Just In Time". Guess I'll have to just grin and bare it and reduce my shows to 1/2 hr.[/QUOTE] What I suggest is running your shows in the UK area with the highest community & affluence. That would help mitigate the economy somewhat. More people to draw from with more "discretionary income" to throw around. If you're running shows in front of grannies living on their pension checks, you're probably not going to see very much profit. It's really going to come down to the kind of growth rate you want. Sure, you could flash the cash and get the highly skilled (and highly priced) talent but then you'd be bankrupt before you became popular. I suggest a slow burn method. Hire the least expensive workers you can get who still have decent in-ring skills. British Samurai can be the best worker on your roster and since you're stuck with him, you might as well use him. Make him wrestle twice a show (one tag match, one singles match), put both belts on him (singles and tag), and let him carry his own promotion. HE can help train your new workers and get them both more over and better skilled. Keep that assembly line pumpin' because you know as soon as you get a worker fairly over, 21CW's going to take him. You're looking for workers with good PERFORMANCE skills first and foremost. That's your Basics, Psychology, Consistency, Selling, and Safety. These workers are generally cheaper than the ones with the gaudy technical/brawling/aerial skills. They also tend to put on better matches in feds where match quality is important (not all feds value good selling and psychology like Pure does). You could probably get away with doing shows with only 3 wrestlers and one of them's the owner. You'll gain popularity and grow slowly but you'll remain solvent.

[QUOTE=WrestleManiac;177421]Would it be a good stratagy to hold a show in another country even if the promotion isn't over over there? I ask because the economy and industry are falling everywhere except america.[/QUOTE] Not unless you want to lose money. Since you have absolutely no exposure in the other countries you'd be lucky to see 30 people. And since they probably don't know your wrestlers they won't get behind the matches, which means you probably won't gain much. ROF is one of the tougher promotions to start with. I can't say for sure regarding the Japanese, Mexican or Canadian promotions, becuase I haven't reviewed them, but of the others UCR, ROF, MOSC, CZCW, DAVE, UPSW and MAW are all tough to make profitable for a while. MOSC, ROF, and UCR all have low prestige/overness and just can't get enough fans in to cover their costs initially. The US promotions all have enough overness to draw, but then have the additional costs to keep their better wrestlers. (who will otherwise get stolen by SWF or TCW) I used to play 21CW in TEW'05 and encountered the same problem. It took a while and some careful booking to get the crowds large enough to make money. I don't know how much money you start with, but in my dynasty I basically accepted that I'd lose money every month until I pushed my company overness to at least E. I can mitigate that by reusing a few wrestlers and cutting my work cost, but for the best shows I'm going to be paying about $5K per show in PPA costs. Sorry I can't offer more information. The previous posters had some good suggestions though.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;177411]doesnt matter, you will get better and you can job your ass out. What I do, even though I made myself "A Wrestling God"[/QUOTE] That is SO cheap. Then again, I do it myself. :p It's a good thing I only run women's promotions. I usually give myself great "behind the scenes" stats (Psychology, Respect, Announcing, Mic, Charisma, Acting, Refereeing) so I can fill those obscenely expensive non-wrestling roles (Announcer, Color Commentator, Road Agent, Referee). With me wearing those hats, I can afford to bring in more cheap talent. I saved $2700 in PPA costs by not using Jim Lou Freebush, Farrah Hesketh, and Sue Danes. WrestleManiac, with the 1.2 patch, you can edit yourself now ;)

Archived